PDA

View Full Version : What is the most efficient subclass for hunters in you opinion?

Kry
Nov 21, 2013, 08:37 PM
My hunter is almost level 20! !
What subclass should I choose and why?

Many Thanks

Kry

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 08:41 PM
Fighter. It's pretty much the only sub you should be using on Hunter unless you really want to sub TE for support techs...

Skyly HUmar
Nov 21, 2013, 08:41 PM
The only good subclass (if were talking efficiency) is fighter, and the best sub for everything that is not a force is hunter lol.

Smithee
Nov 21, 2013, 09:00 PM
Braver is pretty good considering it eliminates directionals and has decent all-class/multi-claas katanas

Xaelouse
Nov 21, 2013, 09:10 PM
FI sub if you need enough damage to one-shot (most likely isn't the case for several key enemies in SH) and for bosses. TE sub for better mob capability and support, but gets expensive. I played around a bit with both subs, and even though FI dishes out bigger numbers (the whole point of the game), TE and territory burst feels more right especially if you use wired lance/sword a lot for mobs. Thankfully, anything with fury stance dishes out good damage. Even FO

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 09:13 PM
But Fury Stance doesn't affect techs...

Skyly HUmar
Nov 21, 2013, 09:25 PM
Fury combo does but 20% is nothing compared to what fighter can offer as a fo sub.

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hunter would be the best sub for hunter...

If only that was possible...

Skyly HUmar
Nov 21, 2013, 09:29 PM
ikr lol, you can have sword gear on your sword gear.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 21, 2013, 09:39 PM
Braver is pretty good considering it eliminates directionals and has decent all-class/multi-claas katanas

Yeah... Braver isn't that bad. In addition to not worrying about whether you're hitting from the front or the back (Brave/Wise Stance), you also have Average S Up and Weak Stance Charge; it's great for when you have your Sword Gear up and spamming Rising Edge and Nova Strike (using Sonic Arrow to get Sword Gear up).

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 09:46 PM
People use Nova Strike still?

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
game needs more clod strife and sora

Zenobia
Nov 21, 2013, 10:03 PM
People use Nova Strike still?

Nova strike is really good in some cases it also lifts you up in the air if you do it while jumping.

Best subclasses for hunter?

Fighter and Braver ofc now if you want sub class combo options well you have.

Hu/Fi, Fi/Hu, Br/Hu, Hu/Br

People have attempted Br/Fi but I haven't heard any info on how good it is been thinking about trying it one day.

game needs more clod strife and sora

Its been done already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHTfrQ0zQI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHTfrQ0zQI

Rien
Nov 21, 2013, 10:19 PM
Nova strike is really good in some cases it also lifts you up in the air if you do it while jumping.

This goes to a lot of PAs, though Nova Strike is the only one that, at full charge, lasts so long to really be noticable.

E.g Katana's Sakura End

Zenobia
Nov 21, 2013, 10:40 PM
This goes to a lot of PAs, though Nova Strike is the only one that, at full charge, lasts so long to really be noticable.

E.g Katana's Sakura End

I know about that found out during the time it was fresh I only commented on what she asked about though, if Derpington would have asked about Katana to I would have thrown that in there as well but you already did that.

SakoHaruo
Nov 21, 2013, 10:47 PM
Eventually Hunter wont need a sub, because Hunter will main and sub Hunter :disapprove:

..... :-?

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
I know about that found out during the time it was fresh I only commented on what she asked about though, if Derpington would have asked about Katana to I would have thrown that in there as well but you already did that.

Well I already knew that you rise during SE. I just never used Nova Strike to notice it during that.

Lostbob117
Nov 21, 2013, 11:02 PM
If you mainly use Partizans, Braver isn't bad. Reasons being is that partizan's have moves that can charge.. Duh.

Zenobia
Nov 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
Well I already knew that you rise during SE. I just never used Nova Strike to notice it during that.

I said if you asked about it I never said you didn't know about it lol.

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 11:35 PM
I said if you asked about it I never said you didn't know about it lol.

I know. I was just sayin.

Zenobia
Nov 21, 2013, 11:36 PM
Derp you're scaring at how fast you replied...

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
I tend to keep a tab for the forum open at all times and typically refresh it whenever I tab out of a game to check something ;_;

Zenobia
Nov 21, 2013, 11:38 PM
Oh lol I do the same just teasing doh~!

Zorafim
Nov 21, 2013, 11:39 PM
Its been done already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHTfrQ0zQI

Is that ^%$#ing Aqua in %$#@ing Dissidia? Damn it, take my ^%$#ing money!

*ahem*

Yeah, uh, fighter's the way to go. I'd be surprised if Braver wasn't viable, though. Yeah, most of the skill points are wasted on bow and katana. And charge boosts. And weak stance.
Maybe the only skill that's useful from braver is average stance.

RenVortex
Nov 22, 2013, 04:06 PM
Is that ^%$#ing Aqua in %$#@ing Dissidia? Damn it, take my ^%$#ing money!

TAKE...ALL THE MONEY!

But all joking aside, Fighter seems the best choice here for me personally. I was going to go Hunter/Force for great Spellswording lulz, but then I went outside and dunked my head in a horse water trough and thought about my life.

Zorafim
Nov 22, 2013, 05:17 PM
Why isn't hunter/force viable yet? That's like, the coolest thing about the earlier PS games. Everyone was a hunter/force. It's not like it's too hard to make hunter/force viable. HUnewearl and RAmarl were the best classes in PSO! Just give force debuffs, and... no, wait. Enemies die too fast for that now. Nope, I guess hunter/force will be pointless.

RenVortex
Nov 22, 2013, 05:33 PM
Why isn't hunter/force viable yet? That's like, the coolest thing about the earlier PS games. Everyone was a hunter/force. It's not like it's too hard to make hunter/force viable. HUnewearl and RAmarl were the best classes in PSO! Just give force debuffs, and... no, wait. Enemies die too fast for that now. Nope, I guess hunter/force will be pointless.

SEGA: Oh, you want Hunter/Force like the good old days? TOO BAD. WALUIGI TIME!

Me: *a seething little ball of hate right now*

Dan Maku
Nov 22, 2013, 05:35 PM
A friend of mine swears by subbing Braver, considering how much of a massive boost Average Stance gives.

RadiantLegend
Nov 22, 2013, 05:35 PM

You must not have seen RAmar and HUcast tear **** up.

Psycl0ne
Nov 22, 2013, 10:14 PM
I use HU/BR, I max out all the Avenger skills, SATK on Braver and the rest is your choice... the just reversal heal is good as a sub too.

pkemr4
Nov 22, 2013, 10:17 PM
Hu/Te is workable i think

Macman
Nov 23, 2013, 06:45 AM
Hu/Te is workable i think
Fi/Te apparently has some nice synergy with Chase Advance. You won't need to deal with bullshit affixes to make full use of it.

Kondibon
Nov 23, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hu/Te is convenient for soloing but I think Hu/Fi, or Hu/Br would be more efficient simply because stances are better than shifta.