PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth starting now?

SStrikerR
Nov 23, 2013, 02:58 PM
Would starting now be worth it? Would I be able to find people to play with at low levels? Will it be like PSO, where low levels had overpowered gear and slaughtered everything? I played for a few days, but didn't have the english patch or anything so I never really understood anything. I just had a few basic weapons/items, and fought things. If I started back up with my male human fighter, what would I need to know/do first?

deadfantasy507
Nov 23, 2013, 03:22 PM
its worth it. If you have tweaker then download English patch and story patch and also large file patch though that's optional

Grady219
Nov 23, 2013, 03:24 PM
There's still plenty of people that are low level to play with. If you're looking for the english community, most of them are on ship 2, but there are players on other ships. If you start back up again I suggest going to unlock the areas. The orders for those give a lot of exp. See you soon friend.

ashley50
Nov 23, 2013, 03:42 PM
EN version isn't out yet, wait a bit more.

jiasu73
Nov 23, 2013, 03:43 PM
EN version isn't out yet, wait a bit more.

Yes i agree with this statement

TaigaUC
Nov 23, 2013, 03:45 PM
If you want to play, nothing's stopping you from playing now and then going to EN if you really want to later. If it's ever released.

It's a lot easier to start now than it was a year ago.
I'm expecting SEGA to make it even easier for the next expansion, but who knows when that'll be.

Esofor
Nov 23, 2013, 03:46 PM
i'm currently also waiting for the english version! definitely eager to play!

SStrikerR
Nov 23, 2013, 03:51 PM
If you want to play, nothing's stopping you from playing now and then going to EN if you really want to later. If it's ever released.

It's a lot easier to start now than it was a year ago.
I'm expecting SEGA to make it even easier for the next expansion, but who knows when that'll be.

What makes it easier now than it was then?

Also, I'm not waiting for an english version. There an english patch, which is all I need. I'm not interested in dealing with sega's treatment of the english version.

Vintasticvin
Nov 23, 2013, 03:57 PM
Its already been said and as dreary and horrid as it is I suppose first order of business is unlocking the stages via quest counter quests. Happy grinding and best of luck to you.

TaigaUC
Nov 23, 2013, 03:59 PM
- You now get ~15k EXP for each of Koffee's area unlock orders, regardless of level. That's one for unlocking free exploration and one for unlocking the next area. They used to give 0 EXP.
- Some (or many?) orders are easier to unlock now. As in, you don't need to do the same order like 30 times just to unlock the next one. Sadly only a very recent change.
- Lower level powerful equipment is much easier and cheaper to obtain (just buy a pre-grinded one).
- They seem to have recently added a bunch of new easy-to-obtain lower level rare weapons that are also cheap to purchase.
- Some class stuff was buffed or skill point requirement reduced. Gunner hits like a truck now, for example. Getting to Sword Gear doesn't require wasting a ton of skill points anymore.
- Support Partners make it easy to get items for Franca's and Kreshida's orders (buying the items is also super cheap now as a result, it's 1k per item in almost all cases).
- More places for certain enemy spawns makes it easier to complete some orders.
- More areas means more things to do (ie. more orders), instead of being stuck waiting for everything to reset.

Ridiculous orders were nerfed. For example:
- You don't need to get 90 rare drops for level cap anymore.
- No more tight-ass S rank time limits that rely on luck. No more failing orders by 1 second (happened to me often). You get ample time now, or you don't need S rank. Or there's no time limit.
- You don't need to kill a billion enemies for most orders anymore, usually 1 will do.
- Same applies to drop orders, they usually only require 1 instead of a billion items now.
- Subclasses make things a little easier, and the unlock subclass order is much easier to complete now.
- Subclass gets 10% of all EXP up to level 45, including turning in orders (really isn't much, but it's better than nothing).

Daily orders often provide a good source of EXP too.
I don't recall them being there on day one.

If you're moderately efficient I think it takes around 40-60 hours of game time to get to level 40.
Always try to do stuff in a full party so that you get the full party 20% exp bonus. Bots count.

It may be more difficult to get into populated blocks for lower level EQs (it's usually only one or two populated blocks for Normal, Hard and Very Hard).
Not sure how bursts are now, since they changed them quite a bit.
I can't comment on multiparty EXP farming because I usually solo, but you should get in on that if you can.
Same with team stuff, it helps to be in a large active team for the various perks.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 23, 2013, 04:04 PM
Chances of this game getting an en version are about equal to singlehandedly bringing peace to the east. Theres a story patch, an english patch, most items are translated, play now if you want to because your en version isnt coming.

deadfantasy507
Nov 23, 2013, 04:11 PM
I applied the English patch, story patch, and large file patch, yet the store in game menu and weapons still in japanse, though during missions allies have English words, I don't even know which 1 is store or not

strikerhunter
Nov 23, 2013, 04:20 PM
EQs probably aren't as good a source of EXP anymore, because there are less people doing them (not sure, as I don't do them anymore).

This is false. EQs are still a good source of EXP if you can manage to get on the populated blocks for the corresponding mode. Most EQs makes it easier to farm (actually all) some rares and easier to complete a large stack of COs.

As for the OP:
-I'm not sure bout the lower levels being populated, but there blocks for those levels and most of the Hard Levels are normally full. From there it's only a matter of finding out which map will have a MPA.
-If you can join in a good, active, and healthy team then yes it's totally worth it.

For those that said wait for the EN version, don't. Seriously, for all we may know the game might even not make it to the west with SoA's silence.

TaigaUC
Nov 23, 2013, 04:22 PM
Okay, will change that.
I used to get around 2- 3 levels per EQ at around level 20 to 30 with a good burst and EXP tickets.
I've no idea what it's like now.

strikerhunter
Nov 23, 2013, 04:36 PM
Okay, will change that.
I used to get around 2- 3 levels per EQ at around level 20 to 30 with a good burst and EXP tickets.
I've no idea what it's like now.

Depends on the EQ itself though. The seasonal EQs are good for EXP and also clearing rare mobs/boss COs for further EXP.

Normal EQs varies:
-Nab EQ is terrible for EXP and only worth for faring the banther-n-banshee
-No one does city mob up anymore even though it gives a lot of good EXP but because there's an option to do which EQ everyone just go for Hunar.
-F.C. EQ not good for EXP (duh) since it's a just a clones search and chrome/haze hunt.
-Caves is meh for EXP but boss encounters are low.
-Big Vardha EQ, not good for EXP but good to do easy vadhra hunts (but atm ToT and Border Break are still around so no one is barely doing it)
-Desert EQ, is actually neat EXP but with ToT and Border Break around, no one is doing it.
-Border Break, not good exp since it's just farm the F hell out of mizer-n-zexias.

When will Lead the Border Break go away?

TaigaUC
Nov 24, 2013, 04:40 AM
I've been wondering if it's permanent or not.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 24, 2013, 08:52 AM
I thought it was permanent. . .

RadiantLegend
Nov 24, 2013, 09:30 AM
Its going to be difficult to get parties for Hard mode. As for your human fighter you might want to plan your build before allocating SP.
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/

Ezodagrom
Nov 24, 2013, 11:37 AM
-No one does city mob up anymore even though it gives a lot of good EXP but because there's an option to do which EQ everyone just go for Hunar.
A few weeks ago I went to do the mop up EQ in VH (of course in an appropriate block), I got into full or almost full MPAs fairly easily.

Mystil
Nov 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
I wish I could come back.

LionHeart-
Nov 24, 2013, 07:46 PM
Ah, SStriker?! I remember you from the old PSOBB days :3!

Yeah come back dude! I came back after about a year off PSO2. I changed my HU into a FO, his level 43 now in around 20/30 hours; 70% all solo play, EQ's and a few quests with a good mate who came back to and 2/3 teammates. You would level up in no time because of all that glorious EXP you have from client orders at your disposal. They can take the piss but if you got some spare cash then buy the drops from Franka's orders (the ones which are time consuming) and you'll bung up in levels before you know it! :D

SStrikerR
Nov 25, 2013, 12:09 AM
Ah, SStriker?! I remember you from the old PSOBB days :3!

Yeah come back dude! I came back after about a year off PSO2. I changed my HU into a FO, his level 43 now in around 20/30 hours; 70% all solo play, EQ's and a few quests with a good mate who came back to and 2/3 teammates. You would level up in no time because of all that glorious EXP you have from client orders at your disposal. They can take the piss but if you got some spare cash then buy the drops from Franka's orders (the ones which are time consuming) and you'll bung up in levels before you know it! :D

Hey man, how are you? And alright well the general consensus seems to be that it is worth it. So right now my tentative plan is to start in ~3 weeks. We'll see what happens

Freshellent
Nov 25, 2013, 12:18 AM
Just play. PS series is what you make it, it's always been that way from the start. You see just as many people who claim to hate this game yet have 500+ hours on it and log in every single day to bitch and do TACOs- as you will see people like myself who log in for like an hour, slap a few chits around laugh and log out.

There's enough for everyone, our community has tons of support, guides and helpful players. Have fun with it! There's plenty to see and do. Just ignore everyone else (Cept this post and choice others.)

UnLucky
Nov 25, 2013, 12:23 AM
EN version came out a long time ago.

On 04-08-2013, in fact.

Or as early as Apr 12, 2012

Mystil
Nov 25, 2013, 03:45 AM

On 04-08-2013, in fact.

Or as early as Apr 12, 2012

They are talking about the actual EN game version. I think it's safe to say that this isn't going to happen.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 25, 2013, 04:18 AM

On 04-08-2013, in fact.

Or as early as Apr 12, 2012this was a bad joke referring to the english mods we have now. ^^;

Coatl
Nov 25, 2013, 10:42 AM
Link to downloading EN PSO2 (http://pso2.jp/players/download/)

doubleEXP
Nov 25, 2013, 01:22 PM
I just started playing at the end of last week - so like 4 or 5 days ago.

I followed all the guids (for Sega ID and setting of PSO2 Tweaker and downloding the game). Worked great.

The game plays great and I'm loving it. It's pretty much exactly what I hoped a true sequel to PSO would be. And the English patches help a lot. Very fun.

My character is only 13 HU and 3 FO atm, but I'm starting to get the hang of the PSO2 quest system, matter board, clients and free roams and all that. Definitely a lot of fun if you're a PSO'er at heart.

Bozhestvo
Nov 25, 2013, 01:40 PM
I applied the English patch, story patch, and large file patch, yet the store in game menu and weapons still in japanse, though during missions allies have English words, I don't even know which 1 is store or not

All items are still in Japanese unless you get the Tweaker to translate items from what I know of. I use Virtual-FullScreen and go on Cirnopedia to copy and paste things I need. It really isn't hard and once you get the hang of it is very useful and simple. Be resourceful, and find your own way if that's what you'd like.

larthejust
Nov 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
Hell yes it's worth it, this game rocks even if you play by yourself. I have played without friends since I started playing and I have managed to reach a pretty good level with my character. If you need help I will be happy to help you when or if your start.