Not Crazed
Nov 24, 2013, 10:04 AM
How do i make a thin-ish looking cast with the bulky male ranger gear? :o

gigawuts
Nov 24, 2013, 10:05 AM
use the sliders?

Not Crazed
Nov 24, 2013, 10:06 AM
I still cannot get the tabs on the sliders working to make it look right, are any of the base models good for making thin-ish?

gigawuts
Nov 24, 2013, 10:10 AM
My legs are pretty much volkswagon beetles, so I can't help you there.

AzureBlaze
Nov 25, 2013, 04:41 AM
The charcreate for cast, esp. male cast is weird.
If you're just starting / havn't made one yet, put all the sliders to 'thin as possible' create the char and then go buy thin looking parts out of the shop. You can preview everything but heads in the player shops. Some of the legs add extra height too, which adds to the look of "thin-ness" of the character.

If the part doesn't look right you can store it on your main char , delete the new/trial cast & try again so you don't have to pay for the makeover shop.

For instance:
My one has a wider (like way wider than normal) build to keep the waist of the 2 or 3 torsos I favor from becoming like a twig. Sometimes parts get disproportionally slim & look like they'd just snap off because other areas (ex. shoulder /knee) turn turbo huge. The sliders set this way looks great with JUST those torsos. Others, and it looks dumpy. About the only parts I will use is Melder set because it's closest thing they've got to the PSO look. What's sad is, I'd have to pay to change the sliders if some new torso looked bad with them how they are now.

Some parts also will react weirdly to how your sliders are. Unexpectedly giant shoulder fins, strange knees, clipping everywhere, etc. unfortunately testing it out/trying stuff on is necessary. The first 3 outfits they give you in the charcreate don't do it justice.

I feel this is a problem also:
99% of the 'costumes' are geared toward RAcast, they're completely ignoring HUcast. HUc was "The Robot Ninja" , which was really appealing. He contrasted with "Bulky Blocky Gunship" the RAcast. One of these things is going to sneak up on you.......the other...not so much. Having two basic "Styles" of android made them appeal to a wider audience. But on PSO2 they seem to have forgotten this completely, and everything they release is all RAcast or "human clone" (ie a slightly oddly colored guy without ears dressed in human clothing)