PDA

View Full Version : What can be done about the uselessness of soulbound 7-9* weapons?

Takatsuki
Nov 25, 2013, 03:34 AM
Let's face it, 7-9* weapons are almost worthless nowadays. Pretty much the only people walking around with a 7-9* weapon are either people who physically cannot equip a 10* yet, or people who haven't been lucky enough to pick one up yet (and if they're premium, they've traded it for one they actually want).

Part of the reason for their worthlessness is because once you equip them, they become soulbound to your character, and once that weapon is no longer useful, it can do literally nothing but sit stagnant in your inventory forever unless you decide to vendor it for a petty sum of meseta. Nobody wants them, because they know that if they buy a 10*, they can just sell it off when it's no longer of use to them. Maybe not for a massive profit (as that piece of equipment is probably long outdated if they're upgrading), but much better than one would get for vendoring a 9*.

So something needs to be done. But what can Sega do to fix this issue? To add some value to these old soulbound weapons?

I've come up with a few ideas, so feel free to discuss these and feel free to come up with your own:

1. Simply stop binding them. They're the only kinds of equipment that are bound to you, and they're not even really worth it anymore.

2. Allow us to buy an Unbind Pass, by trading 5 unbound 7-9* weapons, one could then get the pass to unbind their soulbound weapon, so that it could be sold. This would also make it so that the weapon they unbind should be worth unbinding, since, let's say five 7* weapons for 1k meseta each = 5k meseta, so the value of their unbound weapon should be more than that, or else there's no sense in unbinding it.

3. Let us feed 7-9* weapons to our Mags, AND add in a Grind Value Bonus to mag feeding (of any weapon rarity), so that not only would my 9* weapon give me more Mag EXP than a 6* weapon would, but since it's grinded to +10, it would give an even greater bonus EXP.

4. Let us recycle these bound weapons into something else. Not something super valuable, but something that at least has SOME use. Maybe turn 1 7-9* weapon into 3 Grinders, or 3 Photon Drops.

Thoughts?

Zorafim
Nov 25, 2013, 03:40 AM
My thoughts are that it's useless to think of solutions for problems Sega comes up with. This is really one of the smallest issues the game has to face right now.

GALEFORCE
Nov 25, 2013, 03:44 AM
While unbinding them would be the best thing they could do, these weapons would be largely worthless regardless. You might get some money off of them if they have a decent affix that could serve as fodder, but even that should be pretty rare for anything but lambda 9*s.

isCasted
Nov 25, 2013, 04:20 AM
7* -> Photon Crystal.
8* -> AQ stone.
9* -> XQ stone.

I know, that's too perfect, but face it - you'll never collect 13500 9* weapons in less than 2000 playhours.

Takatsuki
Nov 25, 2013, 05:00 AM
7* -> Photon Crystal.
8* -> AQ stone.
9* -> XQ stone.

I know, that's too perfect, but face it - you'll never collect 13500 9* weapons in less than 2000 playhours.

Are you nuts? I usually get at least 1 7-9* every hour or two.

Edit: I was thinking would be something like this...
One 7-9* weapon could be turned into: 3 Grinders, 3 Synthesizers or 3 Photon Drops.
One Untekked 7-9* weapon could be turned into: 5 Grinders, 5 Synthesizers or 5 Photon Drops.
Five 7-9* weapons could be turned into: EXP+10% Ticket or Meseta+10% Ticket.
Ten 7-9* weapons could be turned into: Grind Risk Reduction (-1)
Fifty 7-9* weapons could be turned into: 10* Weapon Exchange Pass (requires Premium to purchase)

Rien
Nov 25, 2013, 05:31 AM
Hey! You can't hold fifty items in your inventory at once!

...not without purchasing AC.

.......Which fits in perfectly with how SEGA trolls.

Takatsuki
Nov 25, 2013, 06:16 AM
Hey! You can't hold fifty items in your inventory at once!

...not without purchasing AC.

.......Which fits in perfectly with how SEGA trolls.

Oh yeah, that's true, since your costume at least will take up one of those spots even if you empty out everything else...

Maybe have it buy from storage?

Sayara
Nov 25, 2013, 09:25 AM
just use them for affix fodder. It'll be part of a better truth when your "good weapons" got that good affix

(or fail i guess)

NoiseHERO
Nov 25, 2013, 09:28 AM
there's literally no reason the them to be untradeable.

You know how many new players could get some help out of buying people's outdated gea-

Nevermind... Nothings allowed to be convenient in this game..

Limbo_lag
Nov 25, 2013, 09:53 AM
Wasnt it mentioned somewhere that we'd be able to trade rares for team points in the future? Wish it was implemented :/

WildarmsRE5
Nov 25, 2013, 10:22 AM
why is this even an issue?

Coatl
Nov 25, 2013, 10:36 AM
just use them for affix fodder. It'll be part of a better truth when your "good weapons" got that good affix

(or fail i guess)

This. If my older weapon was a *9 with good affixes or a bound *10, I just use it as affix fodder. No use in junking what could potentially save you a lot of meseta.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 10:37 AM
Wasnt it mentioned somewhere that we'd be able to trade rares for team points in the future? Wish it was implemented :/

This was a feature in PSOBB, maybe that's what you saw. I doubt we'll get it in PSO2; it'd be too good.

Coatl
Nov 25, 2013, 10:40 AM
It would probably require premium anyway.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 10:46 AM
I really am shocked we don't have a 150 AC item that will unbind something.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 25, 2013, 10:50 AM
Make affix fodder rarity give a % boost based on its star count, make them unbound so they aren't simply tools to carry someone to mid VH. Something to ease up on the amount of shenanigans going around.

Ezodagrom
Nov 25, 2013, 11:23 AM
Pretty much the only people walking around with a 7-9* weapon are either people who physically cannot equip a 10* yet, or people who haven't been lucky enough to pick one up yet (and if they're premium, they've traded it for one they actually want).
The 625 attack stat requirement 9*s (the SH 9*s) are quite good for free players that haven't been able to find 10*s.
When fully grinded, these are very close to fully grinded 580 attack stat requirement 10*s.

landman
Nov 25, 2013, 04:43 PM
Let's face it, 7-9* weapons are almost worthless nowadays. Pretty much the only people walking around with a 7-9* weapon are either people who physically cannot equip a 10* yet, or people who haven't been lucky enough to pick one up yet (and if they're premium, they've traded it for one they actually want).

Assuming. There is also the cheap free players that are also cheap on grinding and/or don't believe in trying their luck grinding/affixing. A good 9* with good affixes is far better than many 10* you could get your hands on by luck, including the rare mastery bonus.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 04:53 PM
These days people are saying 9*s are harder to grind than 10*s, so

WildarmsRE5
Nov 26, 2013, 06:43 AM
These days people are saying 9*s are harder to grind than 10*s, soIt's a Lie.

TaigaUC
Nov 26, 2013, 07:28 AM
I expected unbinding items since day one.

SEGA probably hasn't even thought of it.
Or they have, but feel that the idea is too difficult to balance.
Or they prefer people waste their time re-farming, re-grinding, re-affixing and then quitting in frustration, instead of paying real money to save time

Either way, it's still stupid..

UnLucky
Nov 26, 2013, 07:46 AM
All I'd want is either:

7-9* mag food

7-9*s don't drop at all / are always tekked / don't trigger a RARE DROP alarm, at least in SH

I am not looking forward to SH AQ red weapons. Not one bit.

Rappy droppings and Falz Arms was already enough to completely ruin rares for me.

TaigaUC
Nov 26, 2013, 08:41 AM
Rappy droppings...

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2013, 09:09 AM
It's a Lie.

My firsthand experience seems to agree with this lie.

Maybe you've just been lucky.

All I'd want is either:

7-9* mag food

7-9*s don't drop at all / are always tekked / don't trigger a RARE DROP alarm, at least in SH

Rappy droppings and Falz Arms was already enough to completely ruin rares for me.

I've been thinking that premium users should be able to feed their mags 7-9* rares, either at exactly 6* amounts or a linearly higher amount.

I've also been whining about wanting an option to just completely block all lower difficulty rares. Either that or let us find higher difficulty rares off of boosted enemies. Possibly both.

Make affix fodder rarity give a % boost based on its star count, make them unbound so they aren't simply tools to carry someone to mid VH. Something to ease up on the amount of shenanigans going around.

This is also a good idea. Make it boost the base % of everything going in, so a 20% affix booster isn't needed (just a 10% or 5%) when using a rare fodder to make a soul/III/boost item.

Coatl
Nov 26, 2013, 10:26 AM
You won't get any *9s you want though. I mean the lambda Ardillo *9 sword drops from predicahda nero. You'll never find it.

Some *9s drop like candy, but then again the same thing could be said for some *10s.

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 26, 2013, 11:44 AM
I really am shocked we don't have a 150 AC item that will unbind something.

I have to agree.

All I'd want is either:

7-9* mag food

There are so many times I have sat there thinking about those two options A LOT when staring at the useless crap in my inventory. I'm to the point where I won't even pick up crap rares anymore.