PDA

View Full Version : Been a while since I last posted here.

Nero1534
Nov 25, 2013, 09:23 AM
Now that the Braver Class is released, and the English Patch stuff a bit more fleshed out, I'm thinking of coming back, deleting my old character, and starting a new one, with a bit of a twist.

I'm thinking of going Braver/Techer as my first class combination.

I personally think it'd be rather interesting to see what the results would be of this combo, since Bravers focus on S-ATK, R-ATK, and DEX, while Techers focus on S-ATK and S-DEF.

Due to the nature of the combo, I'm considering forgoing all Ranged capabilities and going with S-ATK, DEX, and S-DEF.

My theory is that this stat setup, combined with the healing and buffing capabilities of the Techer class, would prove to create a more durable, and far more self-sufficient Braver.

Also, wind-slashes ala Lavitz from Legend of Dragoon. *Drool*

Any opinions on this?

Ex1: By the way, is it possible to use the Techer's "Mirage Step" Evade ability while Braver is the Primary class?

Ex2: Just found the Talis "Brauluft" on Cirnopedia, which has "Judgement Time" on it. Interesting, considering "Judgement Time" boosts the effects of Average Stance, a Braver ability.

Ex3: Hmm. Brauluft also requires DEX to use. Maybe this Braver/Techer combo is more viable than I thought.

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 09:44 AM
As someone who plays, and enjoys BR/TE, I want to be the first to tell you that it's not efficient at all, you WILL be killing things slower than BR/Hu or BR/RA. I can't speak on self sufficiency though because I play a dueman and have no hp gear. I'm ALWAYS squishy. ;;

With that out of the way, Techer doesn't have much to add to the Braver side other than the usual zondeel, shifta, etc. But on the other hand, Element Weak Hit synergizes really well with Weak Stance, though you won't be doing as much as FO/TE obviously.

Honestly, I feel bow works better with techer than Katana simply because bows can take advantage of weak stance more than katanas and weak stance works so well with weak hit advance. On top of that, they've added hybrid set bonuses and affixes so going for multiple stats can be a lot easier. Either way there's no reason to completely drop bullet bows, they're one of the few weapons that's good even without building specifically for them.

Do you have any intention of using wands at all? There's a nice 10* one that Bravers can use.

Nero1534
Nov 25, 2013, 09:56 AM
No idea about the wands, I just figured BR/TE would be a good combination, mainly because I remember absolutely -despising- ranged in PSO2 when I played it last.

Basically, my play-style leans towards what I call the "Self Sufficient Shitkicker".

Completely capable of smacking people around (Quite literally, as I'm a huge fan of melee in PSO, though that's probably PSOBB's fault since there was no mouse-controlled camera then, making Melee the easier of the three Archetypes to play), yet can heal self or others when necessary, and if possible, with buffs thrown in for self and others as well.

Maybe even Rever- Oh wait, right. PSO2 doesn't have Reverser.

Friggin' SEGA.

I miss my Reverser. ;-;

Ex1: Oh, also. How much does the Black Hollow Wanderer outfit go for these days? Or the Bask Repca Black outfit?

Still way past the 'Stupidly High Amounts of Meseta I'll Never Have' (SHAMILNH™) line?

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 11:10 AM
There's not really much I can do to help with this to be honest. A skill tree like This (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06vIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjbMb H7bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000j4Odq5df ds52HSj4OqsIe00008ebIo4SdnfsNJ2HnIbI20000) might work, but you could also try going into average stance instead of weakstance if that's your thing.

Anti is Reverser.

I don't know anything about the prices of those outfits.

Link1275
Nov 25, 2013, 01:04 PM
Self-sufficient-buttkicker you say? Techer does that just fine on its own when you have a ton of fire/dark support. I've been leveling techer on my newm and I have to do stuff that's over 11 levels greater than mine in order to not just annihilate everything with techs before I get wand gear charged, except for with boss fights as some of those are actually challenging when the boss is x amount of levels higher than you and won't let you get close enough to smack it with your wand.

The basic playstyle of Techer is to just go in with a few charged close ranged techs and then start whacking(which you need to know as you WILL eventually need to actually play techer to level, unless you plan to take the easy way out....).

If you want something closer to Huney or HUmar I suppose that using BR/TE might be quite close. I'd have thought that Hunter or Fighter would be closer though.