PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New weapon types, shotguns, cannons, etc. Do you think they will be added?

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 02:54 PM
Hopefully I can start to get some ideas for this topic.

Personally I'd love to have the shotguns added into PSO2 but I have no clue if that is going to happen, most likely not even in the near future.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 25, 2013, 02:58 PM
Personally I'd love to have the shotguns added into PSO2 but I have no clue if that is going to happen, most likely not even in the near future.Rifles have Diffuse Shell which kinda works like a shotgun so I doubt it. Also, XQ Rifle also looks like a shotgun, same goes for that yasminkov 7000M.

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
Rifles have Diffuse Shell which kinda works like a shotgun so I doubt it. Also, XQ Rifle also looks like a shotgun, same goes for that yasminkov 7000M.

I REALLY REALLY wish people would stop citing these as reasons not to have shotguns, because I could use those same reasons to say we shouldn't have knuckles, launchers, katanas, mech guns, or wands.

@Brelovix: Short answer Maybe, eventually.

Long answer: There's not currently anything even hinting at new weapons in the data right now, so if they're coming it won't be any time soon. I'd rather wait until someone dataminers something interesting instead of speculating completely in the dark.

Edson Drake
Nov 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
Shotguns probably not, since we have Diffuse(as said above) which is a shame, but they could bring the PSO shotguns under another name, like blaster or something. Slow like a launcher, but wide, spreading laser beams. Imagine the PA for those...

Ezodagrom
Nov 25, 2013, 03:08 PM
Rifles have Diffuse Shell which kinda works like a shotgun so I doubt it. Also, XQ Rifle also looks like a shotgun, same goes for that yasminkov 7000M.
Rifles have a grenade shot PA, yet we have launchers.
There's some wired lances that are based in previous games knuckles or twin daggers (Gudda Skela, Daylight Scar), yet we have knuckles and twin daggers weapon types.

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 03:12 PM
Rifles have a grenade shot PA, yet we have launchers.
There's some wired lances that are based in previous games knuckles or twin daggers (Gudda Skela, Daylight Scar), yet we have knuckles and twin daggers weapon types.

Yeah I agree with this. Hopefully SEGA won't see these as reasons not to place in some shotguns etc. Or 'blasters' w/e it may be.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 25, 2013, 03:14 PM
Using Diffuse Shell as an argument is as stupid as using Thrillplosion as an excuse to not have Grenade Launchers. Nevermind that Shotguns have way more functionality than just firing at hugging range.

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
Either way, if they add new weapons, I'd like them to be added to existing classes instead of new classes. :/

Bozhestvo
Nov 25, 2013, 03:22 PM
I hope Twin Sabers and Axes will be added. But I doubt they would have Axes in mind. And if they do it they will probably do it with new classes every new Episode or so.

The Walrus
Either way, if they add new weapons, I'd like them to be added to existing classes instead of new classes. :/

But then they would have to alter skill trees...and they can't even get them right as is

Krimson
Not to be off topic but I want axes more than Sgs.

The Walrus
Nov 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
I want Jabroga

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
Lol, sadly SEGA does end up not making skill trees the best as we may want. A good example is those lame Gunner parts they added with that somewhat recent update adding new skills.

But axes would be cool too.

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
they can't even get them right as is
Then it won't make a difference. :U

I want Jabroga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlns5sNGRPE

Bozhestvo
Nov 25, 2013, 03:28 PM
I want Jabroga

^ Yes. Missing Axes now.

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 03:29 PM

AHA, good point.

Valimer
Nov 25, 2013, 03:29 PM
Shotguns could be a Gunner weapon type, since Gunners only bread and butter are TMGs right now.

They would work like TMGs except they would deal single shot burst damage and be even closer range. Maybe their basic attacks could pierce enemies? They could have emphasis on aoe PA's for the shotgun effect.

otherwise I could imagine it being a gunner/ranger weapon that is slow like the launcher (but not as slow), close range and deal burst damage.

The Walrus
Nov 25, 2013, 03:30 PM

:I

And that's why I want Jabroga \o/

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 03:31 PM
Shotguns could be a Gunner weapon type, since Gunners only bread and butter are TMGs right now.

They would work like TMGs except they would deal single shot burst damage and be even closer range. Maybe their basic attacks could pierce enemies? They could have emphasis on aoe PA's for the shotgun effect.

otherwise I could imagine it being a gunner/ranger weapon that is slow like the launcher (but not as slow), close range and deal burst damage.

Very good idea. Would give more option to use Gu/Ra besides pinning down a boss to death with wb and chain. Didn't think of that tbh.

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 03:39 PM
I'll only accept shotguns if I can use stinger with them. :I

Edson Drake
Nov 25, 2013, 03:48 PM
Shotguns, Claws, Axes, Slicers, and we need a Laser Sword, at least a camo. Imagine how much it would rock to have light sabers around.

Slicers... then I could finally make Alys(Raira) Brangwin. A Zan-like weapon, ranged attacks for Hunter(but still S-ATK).

Claws... unlikely as we already have the famous claws as other weapon types, but please prove me wrong Sega.

Laconian Axe should be the Ultimate Axe and weapon for Hunter(12*+)

*drools*

Valimer
Nov 25, 2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah I was going to bring up Slicers, I thought they could be another universal weapon type like gunslashes, but that would be redundant. If they were put in the game I think they should be a hunter/fighter only weapon, a ranged weapon that deals S-ATK dmg would be interesting. Not sure how it would pan out as far as affecting game play in the long run.

TaigaUC
Nov 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
Adding weapons would be too much work for SEGA.
They'll probably just follow the same pattern of adding a new class once a year with 1-2 new weapons.
They've already set up the framework that way.
Can't expect much more from that.

They were boasting about the game being designed to last for another ten years or something like that.
Not surprising if their plan is as I described above.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 04:49 PM
It's either new weapons for existing classes and wrecking the skilltrees even more or new classes and wrecking the class "balance" even more.

Just imagine the stances they'll put on another melee class. Maybe Left Stance/Right stance? Maybe Zero Range Stance (only bonuses ratk) and Long Range Stance (only bonuses satk & tatk)? Maybe...

TaigaUC
Nov 25, 2013, 04:54 PM
I really want Dance Stance now :(

I've always thought that stances would be way better if they, you know, functioned like stances instead of being 10 minute buffs.

Emp
Nov 25, 2013, 04:54 PM
It's either new weapons for existing classes and wrecking the skilltrees even more or new classes and wrecking the class "balance" even more.

Just imagine the stances they'll put on another melee class. Maybe Left Stance/Right stance? Maybe Zero Range Stance (only bonuses ratk) and Long Range Stance (only bonuses satk & tatk)? Maybe...

Oh yes. Lets make GU even more OP with a zero range stance. lol

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 04:56 PM
Oh yes. Lets make GU even more OP with a zero range stance. lol

Unless it has more than 2x damage from its combined multipliers like hunter does, which it wouldn't, then it would make as much of a difference as braver's Weak Stance made for ranger.

None.

EvilMag
Nov 25, 2013, 04:56 PM
Heres my idea for a stance. The One hit stance. Using it will reduce your max HP by 1 but when you use it its on cooldown for a very long time so you can't turn it off. Using this stance will also increase your S, R, and T-ATKS by 500%.

2op4me.

Emp
Nov 25, 2013, 05:00 PM
Unless it has more than 2x damage from its combined multipliers like hunter does, which it wouldn't, then it would make as much of a difference as braver's Weak Stance made for ranger.

None.

You missed the point. GU does not need any more boosts. Bad enough that some people I know are starting to hate partying with GUs.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 05:21 PM
You missed the point. GU does not need any more boosts. Bad enough that some people I know are starting to hate partying with GUs.

Way to completely miss the point and fail to comperehend grade school level math.

GU will not get better if a class it doesn't use gets a skill it could benefit from, otherwise braver would've made them more powerful.

If you want to whine even more (if it's possible, I think you've achieved critical levels of whining) about GU go ahead and make a thread about that.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
^Why would some people hate partying with GU's, out of curiousity? Is it because of that Elder Rebellion thing again (that sends mobs flying around everywhere)?

Zyrusticae
Nov 25, 2013, 05:27 PM
I do want shotguns and axes.

At this point though, it seems pretty obvious that the only new weapons are going to be part of new classes... so...

I dnno. We may see them. We might not. Depends on what the next class is designed to be.

Tyreek
Nov 25, 2013, 05:29 PM
They realllly need to even out these weapon types. 8 melee weapons and only 4 ranged and only 3 Tech weapons? Come on Sega, give out options for your other classes. I think lasers should return.

Sacrificial
Nov 25, 2013, 05:33 PM
Also, XQ Rifle also looks like a shotgun

Its a flintlockrifle! A sega flintlock with undermounted launcher and a 3burst flintlock rifle! Looks like a shotgum lmao.

As for new weapons I'D like to get the harpoons from Nova, eventhough sega doesn't work on that pso game.

cheapgunner
Nov 25, 2013, 07:03 PM
A new weapon type could be something like scarfs. Make it technic-based and allow up to 3 technics to be cast at the same time but make the scarf have below average technic power and uses 2x the average amount of pp for all spells on the scarf. The normal attacks for it would work like wire lances that you whip the target with it.

Railgun would be a nice weapon type to add to the game. Slow charge time to shoot but have incredibly high r-atk and accuracy. Even give some of its pa's the ability to do piercing damage on armored parts of enemies. All normal attacks have piercing but reduced damage for each target after the initial enemy is hit.

Something like Satellite for a new range class with grenade launcher as minor weapon and railgun as its main wep. Give a large boost to fire rate and pp regen to grenade launchers with the class and give it a heavy stance where its movement speed is reduced but its pa's damage and pp regeneration increases. Let the skills be based hitting very hard and reducing charge time for railgun attacks.

For the scarf, perhaps a class called Magician. The secondary weapon would be tails and a skill that can launch two tails at a time but each bit only does 55% damage of original.

The skills the Magician has revolve around certain combination of techs like using Sazan + Safoie to produce a tornado of fire or combine Zondeel + Megiverse to produce a gravity swell pa that activates, does damage and hp steal when hit with either Lightning or Dark techs. Heck, combining Shifta + Deband + Resta for an effective triple support set. Using 3 ordinary foies to produce a shotgun-lite tech combination. Using 3 zondes, grants or even 3 gibartas.

Just some ideas I had that would be cool.

GALEFORCE
Nov 25, 2013, 07:22 PM
I love the idea of a scarf, but I'd prefer it to have t-atk based PAs. It should also let you bind techs to it.

We really need another teching class.

NoiseHERO
Nov 25, 2013, 07:24 PM
shotgun should've been the melee weapon, not twin machine guns!

I still miss saber but now we have katana AND gunslash.

For melee: there's a lot of weapons where it may as well just focus on new PA's AXE's,scythes and swords can fit into a few already imo. But personally I wouldn't mind claws/single claw/twin claw/slicers (definitely shuriken shaped ones)

As for a specific idea: a single dagger with a gear that cloaks you and boosts back attack damage by 140% *_* (to be combo'd with wise stance)
(Too much dark souls, fantasy earth zero and being around This Nilla.)

For range: Single handgun, make it a button mash shooter and give it a bunch of charge shot PAs. But otherwise yeah that and shotguns.

Casters: iono

cheapgunner
Nov 25, 2013, 07:29 PM
I love the idea of a scarf, but I'd prefer it to have t-atk based PAs. It should also let you bind techs to it.

We really need another teching class.

The scarf would use t-atk based pas. Im saying it has lower t-atk compared to other similar ranked t-atk based weapons but can use three techs at the same time. Binding is also included which is where the combination idea came from.

suzaku0zero0
Nov 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
a new weapon that uses range and tech attacks?

we already got a range and melee weapon = gunslash

and a melee and tech weapon = wand/ rod?

Kondibon
Nov 25, 2013, 08:18 PM

and a melee and tech weapon = wand/ rod?The range/tech weapon is Talis... But since they have no R-atk they end up pretty weak anyway. :I So what we need is a REAL range/tech weapon.

NoiseHERO
Nov 25, 2013, 08:19 PM

and a melee and tech weapon = wand/ rod?

You've made me realize that all the hybrid stuff in this game is subpar

Also you're thinking of cards....

Which nevermind the subpar part because cards are actually useful/good. (last I heard iono shit about casters these days)

I dunno why they didn't just have Bow rep caster's range weapon again.

Shad0owdruid
Nov 25, 2013, 09:21 PM

good point there, Also i think shot gun would be perfect for the GU since their skill tree have close range bonus damage.

gigawuts
Nov 25, 2013, 09:39 PM
They should take all of the melee mechgun moves and put them on shotguns, then give a bit more to both.

It won't happen, but it should.

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 09:47 PM
They should take all of the melee mechgun moves and put them on shotguns, then give a bit more to both.

It won't happen, but it should.

I suppose.

Even though I was out of the conversation for a good few hours. I see a few people essentially repeating an idea of shotguns being a Gu-based weapon type.
This makes so much sense. Because what do they use? TMG's and an assault rifle if they enjoy having the convenience or support of wb.
The zero-distance upgrades and everything would fit perfect for something like a shotgun obviously. Just time to wait on SEGA I guess.

UnLucky
Nov 25, 2013, 09:59 PM
Well I can't wait for Spread Needle to clear rooms from a safe distance

Link1275
Nov 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
You can already do that with many, many, many, other weapon types though. Also, what rooms? lol

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 10:13 PM
You can already do that with many, many, many, other weapon types though. Also, what rooms? lol

"many, many, many" Which are you talking about necessarily?

Link1275
Nov 25, 2013, 10:23 PM
"many, many, many" Which are you talking about necessarily?
None of the hunter or fighter weapons, katanas, launchers, and tmgs are the only ones I'm NOT talking about.

Rifles & Gunslashes can both shoot enemies from a long distance.

The tech weapons I really shouldn't have to explain as to how they can obliterate everything from a safe distance.

Brelovix
Nov 25, 2013, 10:47 PM
Oh right for clearing rooms. Somewhat misunderstood what you meant by "you can already do that with many,...etc". As in I thought you were essentially regurgitating the 'Diffuse Shell' argument.

Aside from that though - now understanding your point, I'd have to say that gunslashes are not going to do jack for a long range 'room-clearing' type of weapon. I do not see a single shot doing 1000+ ever. Now, Additional Bullet could potentially do this, but it's not going to give justice to long distance kills over probably 90% of the time.

With rifles, I can see what you mean.

Not to mention Force and Techer are becoming more and more obsolete as SH continues. And that isn't just coming flying out my butt from stuff I have 'heard' from others. I main Fo/Te and use Ren, and while you can kill bosses somewhat fast still in SH. You cannot obliterate mobs in one sweep anymore. When you see Gu literally mow down mobs like garbage still. The medium isn't there for right now, between Gunner still just being OP and Fo being able to do a similar feat.

SakoHaruo
Nov 25, 2013, 10:47 PM
melee/tech would be cool

melee weapon in one hand (or two) while casting cool shit with the other hand. Bayonetta is a good example how the techs would work - focusing more on close combat instead of long range.

Link1275
Nov 25, 2013, 11:16 PM
melee/tech would be cool

melee weapon in one hand (or two) while casting cool shit with the other hand. Bayonetta is a good example how the techs would work - focusing more on close combat instead of long range.
We already have techer for melee and techs.

SakoHaruo
Nov 25, 2013, 11:44 PM

but it's lacking style :(

take Vergil from DMC3 and give him close range techs to use at will = :-o

basically I would like the class to focus more on FLASHY/magic knight close combat instead of support.

edit; example

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1LQh9-yKUo

UnLucky
Nov 25, 2013, 11:56 PM
None of the hunter or fighter weapons, katanas, launchers, and tmgs are the only ones I'm NOT talking about.

Rifles & Gunslashes can both shoot enemies from a long distance.

The tech weapons I really shouldn't have to explain as to how they can obliterate everything from a safe distance.
Uh, I meant like Master Shoot if it didn't home in.

Or like a long range Additional Bullet, only not really a frontal area, just lots of individual projectiles so it's possible to miss.

You know, CLEARING ROOMS and not just a single enemy? Pretty sure rifles and gunslashes cannot do that from a distance.

No, not Techer, like, an actual melee class but with techs.

Takatsuki
Nov 26, 2013, 03:11 AM
Some weapon types I thought of a while back that could only be used by specific main/sub class combinations:

Duel Saber (HU/FI, FI/HU) - A long thin sword that is held like one would hold a rapier. Shift Action changes "stances". Slash Stance has slower, wider swinging attacks and Thrust Stance has quicker thrusting attacks. You could Stance Shift in the middle of your combo (it has a JA ring) to mix up your moves. Each Photon Art would have different effects depending on which stance you were in.

Twin Gunslash (GU/FI or FI/GU) - Basically a mix between Twin Machineguns and Twin Daggers. Quick but weak attacks in either shoot or slash mode, with PAs that mix slashing and shooting.

Chain Gun (RA/GU or GU/RA) - You know those rapid fire machineguns that you can find in quests? Yeah. That. You get to carry that baby around. You have to stand still in order to fire it, and you can't fire from the air, and it takes a couple seconds to get into firing stance, but once you start shooting, you just hold that button down and watch the damage rack up. Cannot perform JAs and only has a few PAs (none of which can be performed directly out of a normal attack), but it's about pure power, totally sacrificing speed. Also one of it's PAs is basically the same thing as the plasma cannons that you can find in quests, and you can even kill Gel Wulfs with it.

Tech Cannon (RA/FO, RA/TE, FO/RA or TE/RA) - Normals shots are similar to a launcher's, but with less explosive range and slightly quicker fire rate. Has a gear that works pretty much the same way as Wand Gear, causing bigger explosions as you build the gear via casting techs. However, some Techs work completely differently with a Tech Cannon than with a Rod, Wand or Talis. For example, Grants would fire "in reverse" basically, spreading out a barrage of light rays from the cannon like a machine-shotgun, and Rabarta would fire a ball of energy similar to Nafoie that would explode into the Rabarta icy whirlwind when it hits something.

Coatl
Nov 26, 2013, 10:39 AM
I can actually imagine them adding a new class called Warlock or something. It will get a magical hammer as a weapon with PAs that use t-atk to deal striking damage as well as being able to use techs.

Would blow Techer right out of the water.

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2013, 10:46 AM
I'm waiting for the new tech hybrid class to focus on water and ground techs.

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 26, 2013, 11:35 AM
All I ask for is Twin Swords and claws back. Double Cannon, Lavis Cannon, Sange & Yasha, J-Sword, and those lovely S-rank weapons as well.

Zenobia
Nov 26, 2013, 11:42 AM

YES AXE ERR THING TO DEATH!

Darki
Nov 26, 2013, 12:20 PM
I don't think we need hybrid weapons, I'd be happier if we got hybrid PAs.

Give me a TATK+SATK based PA for sword that looks like you enchanted the blade with fire and did some slashin'. Make it for FO or TE only so it can only be used by hybrids, and make it so absurdly strong that it would put the damage of hybrids on par with "mainstream" classes. But only works like that if you are a hybrid indeed.

NoiseHERO
Nov 26, 2013, 12:21 PM
Fuck that, I want my machine gun dagger.

And grenade launcher sword...

Darki
Nov 26, 2013, 12:25 PM
Machine gun dagger manybe since you can't do melee PAs from the hotkeys (which is retarded, they could have added some Kung-Fu) but honestly, for me the best part of being a hybrid is to be able to use techs while using any other melee weapon. I wouldn't switch my Coat Edge D or something similar for a wand, for example.

But getting PAs that did weird shit like RATK shuriken style attacks from a Talis, tech-enchanted shots and melee attacks for a variety of weapons (bow would be a cool candidate for those) and also some skills that helped in the hybrid department that weren't binded to a weapon would also be awesome. Imagine a skill for TE that worked as FSCU only that instead of JAs you gotta alternate between techs and skills.

But seriously, Kung Fu. It would be awesome to have some kick PAs that were possible to be used with any weapons. With those we could hybridize melee and guns without needing special weapons, as it happens with techs.

SakoHaruo
Nov 26, 2013, 12:57 PM
we need a Kung Fu Master class with weapons tied to hands and feet

Darki
Nov 26, 2013, 01:13 PM
No, not weapons and not class. That would entirely ruin the idea. We need kung fu PAs that we can use with any weapon equipped.

Why would you need a class to kick ass?

gigawuts
Nov 26, 2013, 01:42 PM
Fuck that, I want my machine gun dagger.

And grenade launcher sword...

more like dagger machine gun

and sword launching grenade

Darki
Nov 26, 2013, 02:04 PM
Why not a chainsaw launching bazooka?

Bozhestvo
Nov 26, 2013, 03:27 PM
Why not a chainsaw launching bazooka?

Where's my Machine Gun launching Spear?

Darki
Nov 26, 2013, 04:18 PM
Uh, I think you got the terms inverted, otherwise I'm not sure how would that work. <_<

WildarmsRE5
Nov 27, 2013, 06:26 AM
I miss Whips :-(

I wouldn't mind the Railgun, It'd be a Ranger weap for sure since it going to work in Long Range Distance, then put Railgun Gear that charges up like Wired Lances and widens the Range of it's penetrating PAs.

ok, I approve of the shotgun now because Gu. . .^^;

PokeminMaster
Nov 27, 2013, 06:44 AM
Personally, I'd love to see lasers return more than anything, but I'm also hoping that something dubbed "Seal Gloves" or whatever may be added, basically an advanced casting weapon based on entirely on character's abilities with photons, acting only as a catalyst for casting from your hands XD

Also, anyone else think Slicers would've made a nice Braver weapon? ._.

Gama
Nov 27, 2013, 07:24 AM
hm sure

axes for hu's
slicers for fi's and bravers
shotguns for RA/GU
new techs for FO/TE?

Laxedrane
Nov 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
They can just have weapon classes that are mainly concentrated in S or R attack but always have T attack on it in some form. Even the 1-6 star ones. Like fan(Card from psu) can be an R attack weapon with just like 1/2 it's damage in T attack. Maybe have a trait on whatever class that gets it to be able to bring that up to 3/4.

Cause all tech casting needs is to be able to have their weapon do their own PAs and have techs attachable to the weapon to be viable.

Also I want them to give wand melee PAs for fuck sack already sega. Invisible stair case. NOW.

Brelovix
Nov 27, 2013, 01:21 PM
Personally, I'd love to see lasers return more than anything, but I'm also hoping that something dubbed "Seal Gloves" or whatever may be added, basically an advanced casting weapon based on entirely on character's abilities with photons, acting only as a catalyst for casting from your hands XD

Also, anyone else think Slicers would've made a nice Braver weapon? ._.

Lasers would be awesome to see come back lol

Swordslinger
Nov 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
I'm thinking Slicers might make it in when they add the Advance Class for Bravers. But I'm under the sneaking suspicion that the Advance Class for Bravers will be Ninja themed (or are Fighters already as ninja as they'll get?).