PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 × FFXIV

Manta Oyamada
Nov 26, 2013, 09:53 PM
『PSO2』と『新生FFXIV』、夢のコラボ実現!?

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/760/760089/

"Dengeki Issue #555

In this issue, Sakai, Kimura, and FFXIV Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida will discuss such topics as why FFXIV:ARR came to be, online game balancing, and a PSO2 x FFXIV ARR dream collaboration. Though I suspect this is more of a brainstorming session than anything, it’s nice to dream once in a while. The issue will release on Thursday so we’ll probably know more about whatever it is later on."

English translation by Alan Van Dalsem

Valimer
Nov 26, 2013, 10:04 PM
Interesting. Not a bad thing, but it would be nice to see more collaborations with similar genre types instead of adding fantasy aesthetics to a sci-fi game. But hey, I'm not going to say no to new content, as long as it's good quality.

pkemr4
Nov 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
Translation Pl0x

Emp
Nov 26, 2013, 10:28 PM
I hope the collabs look good cause I hate almost everything about ff14(I play on my friends pc). No forced hair plz, ty!

Shirai
Nov 26, 2013, 11:49 PM
give kitty race.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 26, 2013, 11:57 PM
We're gonna get FF's most sexualized outfit

Tenlade
Nov 27, 2013, 12:18 AM

If they can give us the white mage and black mage outfits, I could care less what else they put in.

riku2replica
Nov 27, 2013, 12:22 AM
no raw scans available yet but hopefully it will be available soon.

NoiseHERO
Nov 27, 2013, 12:27 AM
I'm not even sure what outfits are iconic in that game...

But I'm game for a chocobo mag.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 27, 2013, 12:32 AM
Just allow us to do this.

http://i.minus.com/ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif

Yes.

Zorafim
Nov 27, 2013, 12:36 AM
Please give us armors.

Freshellent
Nov 27, 2013, 12:47 AM
Dragoon Casts, please.

Zorafim
Nov 27, 2013, 12:48 AM
Oh ^%$# yes I've wanted that since day 1 of PSU.

Onvirtual
Nov 27, 2013, 12:51 AM
PSO2 and FFXIV collaboration.. Here's what I think may happen:

- FF job costumes (Paladin, Dark Knight, Black Mage, White Mage, Summoner, Ranger, Ninja, etc)
- FF weapon camos
- New spell photon arts based on FF (Blizzard, Blizzaga, Firaga, Thundaga, Meteo, Flare, Holy, Curaga)
- New class : Summoner (just borrowing name) that can summon diety
- Chocobo Mag
- Chocobo Custom
- FF villain customes

Well I guess there should be alot more but these will do.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 27, 2013, 01:08 AM
Dragoon Casts, please.

There's always trick rave :-P

cheapgunner
Nov 27, 2013, 01:08 AM
PSO2 and FFXIV collaboration.. Here's what I think may happen:

- FF job costumes (Paladin, Dark Knight, Black Mage, White Mage, Summoner, Ranger, Ninja, etc)
- FF weapon camos
- New spell photon arts based on FF (Blizzard, Blizzaga, Firaga, Thundaga, Meteo, Flare, Holy, Curaga)
- New class : Summoner (just borrowing name) that can summon diety
- Chocobo Mag
- Chocobo Custom
- FF villain customes

Well I guess there should be alot more but these will do.

Some of those ideas sound nice. I'm so hoping for a Bahumut-type photon blast that lets the mag rampage for a couple seconds.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 27, 2013, 01:14 AM
I think I'm the only one being realistic

Onvirtual
Nov 27, 2013, 01:15 AM
Would be nice if someone here managed to finish Momijihime (12* GS) and obtain Sephiroth costume..

Gardios
Nov 27, 2013, 02:12 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/oLQQSEe.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

CanaanAzure
Nov 27, 2013, 02:19 AM
I'm actually hoping for something like this.
I would love some costumes or hair.
But def. some costumes.<33

And chocobo something... JUST GIVE ME A CHOCOBO SOMEWHERE AND I WILL BE HAPPY<3

riku2replica
Nov 27, 2013, 04:50 AM
I'm actually hoping for something like this.
I would love some costumes or hair.
But def. some costumes.<33

And chocobo something... JUST GIVE ME A CHOCOBO SOMEWHERE AND I WILL BE HAPPY<3

How about a moogle mag?

WildarmsRE5
Nov 27, 2013, 06:10 AM
MAG, CHOCOBO MAG, it's a must.

I wouldn't mind Bahamut PB though.

Retehi
Nov 27, 2013, 06:17 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/oLQQSEe.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's not even an outfit. Might as well give someone leftovers from a model car kit and say "here, make armor out of this"

yoshiblue
Nov 27, 2013, 06:25 AM
Got to keep expectations low, just in case. My prediction...

-Moogle Mag
-2-4 costumes. 1-3 female, 1 male
-Possible Final Fantasy fanfare lobby action
-Some FF song

LunSei
Nov 27, 2013, 06:28 AM
Ugh... PSO2 and FFXIV collaboration? That's like a collaboration between delicious cake and dirty mud. Eeeww.

PSO2 and FFXIV collaboration results:

- PSO2 becomes pay to play :-o

In all honesty.... chocobo aren't gonna happen, guys. PSO2 has their symbol animal which already looks way too similar to a chocobo for them to add actual chocobo items in the game.

We might likely get some FFXIV clothes, though, since clothes are all what keeps being added to PSO2.

gigawuts
Nov 27, 2013, 07:50 AM
give kitty race.

They tried this with beasts and it was determined to be detrimental to the IP.

No thanks.

I'll take those skimpy outfits though. I want to see the male one stretched on giga's enormous mass.

Laxedrane
Nov 27, 2013, 08:10 AM
They tried this with beasts and it was determined to be detrimental to the IP.

No thanks.

I'll take those skimpy outfits though. I want to see the male one stretched on giga's enormous mass.

Beast wasn't a kitty race. It was a lion race, that just had funny ears and no tail.

In both of their online goings the kitty race ears and tail where incorporated in battle movements and emotes. From the way they waggle their ears during victory poses to how their tail sticks straight up when doing an angry motion or when they engaged in XI.

In my opinion beast just wasn't done right. Aside their photon blast they didn't look like cats or lions at all.

Right now(For those who don't know) The only Jobs in 14 are Warrior, Paladin, Dragoon, Bard(As an archer), White mage, Black mage, Summoner, and Scholar. So if they strictly adhere to the game of FFXIV a realm reborn those are the only armors we can look forward to.

Anyways if we don;t get a collaboration and just simply have them brainstorming together. I hope Sega walks away with idea's from square great sense of story, world, atmosphere, lore and mechanics of stuff to do outside of just killing shit. And I hope square picks up on sega great sense of design in weapons(Some of those things look like ass but a great deal look amazing), interactive room furniture, over the top approach to emotes, and their general whimsical approach to everything that at least for the first couple of times makes things feel fun.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 27, 2013, 08:29 AM
This would probably play out similar to the Border Break event that happened last year. Mass XP from MPAs, Some kind of emergency quest, and a boss, the question is which one. Which boss from the series would fit best? I haven't played XIV but it would likely be Nael Deus Darnus or Lahabrea.

Mystil
Nov 27, 2013, 08:38 AM
Right now(For those who don't know) The only Jobs in 14 are Warrior, Paladin, Dragoon, Bard(As an archer), White mage, Black mage, Summoner, and Scholar. So if they strictly adhere to the game of FFXIV a realm reborn those are the only armors we can look forward to.

Don't forget monk.

NoiseHERO
Nov 27, 2013, 08:39 AM
I thought beast were werewolf gorrilla monkey cats with legalized children as "tiny beasts" that don't age on the side.

Gama
Nov 27, 2013, 09:01 AM
as if any character ever aged.

this aint the sims.

Crysteon
Nov 27, 2013, 10:58 AM
A collab between two companies that dont like gaijin money? That's gonna be interesting.

I wouldnt mind having a Paladin or Dragoon armors as outfits on PSO2, though...but I wouldnt get my hopes too high on this anyway, since I'm pretty sure it will end up with silly camos of Artifact weapons from FF14 or a Chocobo Mag at most.

If FF14 ever implements a PSO2 collab event in game, it's gonna feel pretty weird, since most of the players I know from there have no idea of the existence of PSO2.

Arialle
Nov 27, 2013, 11:09 AM
imagine chocobo meets rappy

twee twee twee wark wark wark

Zenobia
Nov 27, 2013, 11:20 AM
There's always trick rave :-P

Dragoon Armor pls to make trick rave legit.

Also Paladin Armor as well fuck all that kawaii shit.

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 12:07 PM
Dragon Armor pls to make trick rave legit.

Also Paladin Armor as well fuck all that kawaii shit.

This. "Fuck the kawaii shit"

If sega keeps dissapointing me in scratches, imma just end quiting the game for awhile. Just logging in to do tos and get money that I wont buy anything with is drag.

Zalana
Nov 27, 2013, 03:31 PM
Yoshi P just say no to pso 2 callabo! :p

yoshiblue
Nov 27, 2013, 03:45 PM
as if any character ever aged.

this aint the sims.

You can turn off aging in the sims.

holmwood
Nov 27, 2013, 03:55 PM
Chocobo costume.

Make it happen.

Zorafim
Nov 27, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ugh... PSO2 and FFXIV collaboration? That's like a collaboration between delicious cake and dirty mud. Eeeww.

Um... which is which?

Gardios
Nov 27, 2013, 04:23 PM
Chocobo costume.

Make it happen.

That's not skimpy enough. We'll get this instead.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/UJfijet.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Nov 27, 2013, 04:31 PM
Did you guys miss the part where he said it is entirely a hypothetical, pie-in-the-sky sort of thing? That nothing is actually expected to come of this except maybe some interesting ideas?

Regardless, if there's one thing I want in PSO2, it's more sci-fi stuff and less of the irrelevant cultural stuff, so I wouldn't even benefit from a FFXIV collaboration. If I want traditional fantasy I'll play a traditional fantasy game, thank you very much.

That being said, I wouldn't be against Beasts returning if they looked more like this (https://sd4xaw.blu.livefilestore.com/y2pszea3tlSMdm4TKglm72pCQWjIN2AvbsbVghVoDd1w7MJbIM sSM4pjQKohQnwzXAmBBkUL_Qqf20IIXPNYokSM5yuZfU_OICnx k-YGqwwPsY/ffxiv.exe_DX9_20130919_040329.jpg?psid=1)....

Celille
Nov 27, 2013, 04:31 PM
Not skimpy enough?!?! Well how about this???

[SPOILER-BOX]
Well I guess it's not really skimpy...

http://cdn.ffxipro.com/images/ss/full/2Bg5wbIxn5Xi6A43.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

~Aya~
Nov 27, 2013, 04:50 PM
Not skimpy enough?!?! Well how about this???

[SPOILER-BOX]
Well I guess it's not really skimpy...

http://cdn.ffxipro.com/images/ss/full/2Bg5wbIxn5Xi6A43.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mithras in my pso2. YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Dark Knight TaruTaru ♥♥♥♥

Crysteon
Nov 27, 2013, 05:09 PM
Inb4 Lalafell's Supremacy.

Tenlade
Nov 27, 2013, 05:13 PM
imagine chocobo meets rappy

twee twee twee wark wark wark

the suit colors were just prep for the eventuall rappy racing/breeding project.

raise a rappy farm and get blue, green or even black rappies. Can you breed the ultimate flying golden rappy?

Zorafim
Nov 27, 2013, 05:40 PM
Did you guys miss the part where he said it is entirely a hypothetical, pie-in-the-sky sort of thing? That nothing is actually expected to come of this except maybe some interesting ideas?

I don't think any of us care. I would like to know what comes out of this though. Hopefully, Sega learns something about game design and gives us some actual content.

CanaanAzure
Nov 27, 2013, 05:50 PM
How about a moogle mag?

I would be happy with moogles too~

Moogles and Chocobos... leggo! |D

Mike
Nov 27, 2013, 06:49 PM
This would probably play out similar to the Border Break event that happened last year. Mass XP from MPAs, Some kind of emergency quest, and a boss, the question is which one. Which boss from the series would fit best? I haven't played XIV but it would likely be Nael Deus Darnus or Lahabrea.
If a collaboration were to take place, I'd guess one of the primals, Ifrit most likely, done in a fashion similar to Border Break. On the FF14 side, I'd guess it'd be a fate or fate chain with a large monster skinned to look like something from PSO2.

Neith
Nov 27, 2013, 07:24 PM
If a collaboration were to take place, I'd guess one of the primals, Ifrit most likely, done in a fashion similar to Border Break. On the FF14 side, I'd guess it'd be a fate or fate chain with a large monster skinned to look like something from PSO2.

That'd be really cool (although I imagine a PSO2 version of Ifrit would die significantly quicker than the ARR equivalent :lol: )

If we get any outfits (if anything does come of this)....Miqo'te starter outfit please :wacko:

Vintasticvin
Nov 27, 2013, 07:49 PM
FFXIV can go rot in hell -_- (Lost many good friends to that game)

strikerhunter
Nov 27, 2013, 08:29 PM

Off topic:
Last Year? Bro, BB was just 3 months ago.

On topic:
Yea, most likely if anything where to come from collab it be an EQ with a boss from ARR dropping some weapon camos.
As for costumes, probably highly good chance for chibbys.

gigawuts
Nov 27, 2013, 08:34 PM
Beast wasn't a kitty race.

no it was a kitty race

lostinseganet
Nov 28, 2013, 05:41 AM
Off topic:
Last Year? Bro, BB was just 3 months ago.

On topic:
Yea, most likely if anything where to come from collab it be an EQ with a boss from ARR dropping some weapon camos.
As for costumes, probably highly good chance for chibbys.A dragon probably

Zeota
Nov 28, 2013, 08:36 AM
I could see an EQ with the Garlean generals, or even Ultima Weapon at the end. As for PSO2 in XIV, lol Hunar in a FATE?

I could definitely see them giving us some of the starter outfits, particularly the Miqo'te one.

Avereth CAST
Nov 28, 2013, 03:20 PM
Give us a behemoth boss that actually keeps hitting people with whatever Sega decides equates to Thundaga here. Bonus points if it tries to do a meteor nuke upon death! :P

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 03:24 PM
also, to reply to the thread's topic, I'd prefer to see a pso2 x monster hunter

give us the big flagship monsters

(I already pretend my dio lacruico is a dios lacruico, between the colors and fire element...that's as close to slime as it'll get)

strikerhunter
Nov 28, 2013, 04:53 PM
also, to reply to the thread's topic, I'd prefer to see a pso2 x monster hunter

give us the big flagship monsters

(I already pretend my dio lacruico is a dios lacruico, between the colors and fire element...that's as close to slime as it'll get)

Oh God, please please...............wait shit hell if Monster Hunter's bosses where added into PSO2 for a collab they'll probably either be shitty like PSO2's bosses because you know segac or start something for Sega to actually make good boss fights.

I can already see Plesioth doing Quartz's dash around the map.

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2013, 05:01 PM
Isn't that one other PSO2 game coming out made by the MH team? A PSO2 x Monster Hunter crossover is probably more likely than one would think with that in mind. o wo

The Walrus
Nov 28, 2013, 05:05 PM
No. It's made by tri-Ace. The Star Ocean guys.

strikerhunter
Nov 28, 2013, 05:11 PM
Isn't that one other PSO2 game coming out made by the MH team? A PSO2 x Monster Hunter crossover is probably more likely than one would think with that in mind. o wo

Nope. MHO is a spin off from the main series and isn't being made by Capcom. After seeing it, it's just a better graphics quality version of Frontier.
Capcom just gave tri-ace and crytek permission to make it.

But since Capcom owns the Monster Hunter, a collab between MH x PSO2 will likely be tied to the main series and not MHO since tri-ace will have no power to decide on whether or not MHO gets a collab with other games like PSO2 without Capcom's permission.

Although I do wish for MH x PSO2 collab, don't think it'll likely happen for several reasons.

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks for clearing up my confusion guys. XD

Crysteon
Nov 29, 2013, 12:11 PM
As for PSO2 in XIV, lol Hunar in a FATE?

If Hunar ever kept his signature moves and attack speed there, then.... R.I.P Tanks.

Also, a Titan (with Hard Mode mechanics) battle here would be fun to watch. People would actually start bitching against each other because their dps is too low to break his Heart. Demn Earthen Fury ownage.

Zalana
Nov 29, 2013, 02:02 PM
If Hunar ever kept his signature moves and attack speed there, then.... R.I.P Tanks.

Also, a Titan (with Hard Mode mechanics) battle here would be fun to watch. People would actually start bitching against each other because their dps is too low to break his Heart. Demn Earthen Fury ownage.

If only people would dodge better he wouldn't be so bad. Extreme primals coming anyways! :) Not sure how Hunar would fit in other than how the lightning fates are done I suppose.

pkemr4
Nov 29, 2013, 02:05 PM

Gu/Hu, messiah Time, will surely be enough for DPS.

Zeota
Nov 29, 2013, 04:27 PM
If only people would dodge better he wouldn't be so bad. Extreme primals coming anyways! :) Not sure how Hunar would fit in other than how the lightning fates are done I suppose.

I am reminded of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyk71VRoUE