PDA

View Full Version : Downloading PSO2 5 questions

NiNNY
Nov 27, 2013, 01:46 AM
Hey guys, thanks for having PSOW, i thank you all this website,

As the title says, i am currently downloading PSO2 for PC while wait on my PS Vita and PSO2 Game to come in about 3-4 weeks.

I have a few questions.

What should i be aware of before i start playing this game?
What class is the strongest?
Which class is easier to level?
If i am not mistaken, the character i make on PSO2 will be available to play on my PS Vita?
How long does it take to download this game ? T_T it is taking forever

And thank you all for the guides about creating an account.
KUDOS to PSOW

MaxDagger
Nov 27, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hello Ninny. All I have to say is that you are going to have lots of fun playing this game though keep in mind that some Quests(Missions) will be rather repetitive, but heck i still enjoy this game. Now as for your questions.

*I can't say much on what to be aware of other than there have been some issues going on within the game and some of its players. You can look in the forums and know what is going on. Also someone else will answer this question better than I can.

*Can't say for sure. I played as a Hunter and Fighter, and a Braver and found them fun. Experiment around. Playing around with the classes before you start messing with your Mag.

*Depends on your preferred play style? I had a breeze leveling both my Hunter and Fighter. Working on repeatable CO's help too...I guess.

*The character you make will be available to play on your PS Vita.

*Depends on your internet speed and if you are downloading it from them or from the Tweaker.

If you are ever on ship02 feel free to add me: MaxDagger

KatsuraJun
Nov 27, 2013, 02:02 AM
Do a lot of research on skill and mag builds before you do anything so you don't end up being forced to waste money to fix it.

Sp-24
Nov 27, 2013, 02:03 AM
What should i be aware of before i start playing this game?
Probably of THIS (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212430).

What class is the strongest?
Scholars haven't come to a definite conclusion yet, but one thing that we do know for sure is that it's not Techter.

Which class is easier to level?
The one you play in a multiparty EQ as.

If i am not mistaken, the character i make on PSO2 will be available to play on my PS Vita?
Yes, PC and Vita versions of PSO2 are the exact same game, complete with shared servers.

How long does it take to download this game ? T_T it is taking forever
Depends on your bandwidth and, I guess, the connection between you and the download servers. The game itself is, currently, 14.5 GB large, which is a little big (though still got nothing on Call of Doggie). Also, server load may impose some problems - we just had an update, so the download server is probably a bit busy right now.

NiNNY
Nov 27, 2013, 02:20 AM
thanks for the feedback, back in PSO Episode 1&2 for GameCube i believe i was a RAmar, i haven't play since then and never played it online. I think i got to level 13x.
I will definitely choose a human and I have decided to choose a braver, i always liked the looks of swords and katanas, the reason why i chose a RAmar was because my cousin use to let me leech of him so being a ranger was an easy way to level.

I cant wait to create my character.
And while this game downloads, i will finish my homework.

Thanks again.

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 02:50 AM
Ranger levels a bit slow at first. But you're golden once you know what you're doing and have the right weapons for each situation.

Force is pretty fast once you learn most of the good techs (1k in the shops) but can get brutal in harder difficulties with their low HP and elemental specs.

Hunter is incredibly important to level up since it's such a great subclass for anything except Force. It's fairly easy so long as you learn how to use Just Guard to avoid damage. Hunter has high HP and damage, with an active block and a dodge.

Braver is a good choice since the katana has great single target and AoE damage, and the bow is versatile and powerful even on a pure katana build. Has a similar parry mechanic like Just Guard, which activates Katana Gear if the gauge is full, and once you get Combat Escape you can become invincible while you attack.

The above classes unlock a secondary class at lv30 (Braver unlocks all of the unlock quests), with Gunner being a more mobile Ranger, Fighter uses different weapons from Hunter that don't have a prolonged block (but can still parry), and Techer supplements Force with new elemental masteries and PP regen.

I'd recommend leveling these secondary classes as your subclass or with Client Order turn-ins to avoid running the lowbie areas again. Or just ignore them and go Br/Hu since they're both available at the start.