PDA

View Full Version : Super Hard TA CO

Skyly HUmar
Nov 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
I was wondering if anyone has them, i went on to see how much meseta they give but apparently i dont have them unlocked lol.

Alenoir
Nov 27, 2013, 01:44 PM
Doesn't exists. The VH CO got turned into "VH or higher" as clear condition.

Supposedly they'd add the SH ones in later, but I don't expect them to go up by a lot.

Pugas87
Nov 27, 2013, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone has them, i went on to see how much meseta they give but apparently i dont have them unlocked lol.

Word on the street was that doing a SH TA would count as a VH TACO (as the CO says VH or higher). You would get the extra EXP and difficultly but no extra monies. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kondibon
Nov 27, 2013, 01:47 PM
As of right now the only reason to do SH TAs is, like Pugas said, the exp, or getting abducted, since apparently the SH abduction is different.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 27, 2013, 01:47 PM
dam, i figured you could do the sh and vh ones at the same time, but i guess i should have seen the catch coming lol. Hopefully the vh ones can still be completed with the sh ones if/when they come out.

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 01:48 PM
As of right now the only reason to do SH TAs is, like Pugas said, the exp, or getting abducted, since apparently the SH abduction is different.

I really hope I get abducted soon. :3

Kondibon
Nov 27, 2013, 01:49 PM
dam, i figured you could do the sh and vh ones at the same time, but i guess i should have seen the catch coming lol. Hopefully the vh ones can still be completed with the sh ones if/when they come out.

I wish they'd just retroactively do that for all the TACOs so I'd only have to do one set on VH to get all the money.

Pugas87
Nov 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
I wish they'd just retroactively do that for all the TACOs so I'd only have to do one set on VH to get all the money.

This or make it one set of SH to get all the money.

IndigoNovember
Nov 27, 2013, 02:34 PM
This or make it one set of SH to get all the money.

Was really hoping for that.

Zenobia
Nov 27, 2013, 03:36 PM
Its bullshit, really why have it only work for VH TA's and not have them clear for Hard and Normal that's counter productive as fuck and I hate it. The clear money is nice I guess, but oh well.

And you can clear VH TA's on SH TA's btw it just wont clear Hard and normals so don't even think about trying to pick those up.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
they didn't add client rewards for SH yet because that will destabilize the economy and cause unnecessary inflation across the board, making it even harder for people below end game levels from buying their favorite tickets, outfits, and equipment+^_^+ so SEGAC is likely waiting a little to see what they can do to keep economy from doing that+^_^+

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 04:22 PM
they didn't add client rewards for SH yet because that will destabilize the economy and cause unnecessary inflation across the board, making it even harder for people below end game levels from buying their favorite tickets, outfits, and equipment+^_^+ so SEGAC is likely waiting a little to see what they can do to keep economy from doing that+^_^+

Unless the lay they cap the selling price for ANY item on shops, say like 10 million, its beyond hopeless.

This would be total dick move for Sega lol

strikerhunter
Nov 27, 2013, 05:11 PM

Remember that also it can be used for Hans' Rockbear, gwan, Quartz, Vol, and Banther (no banshee though) COs along other corresponding COs.

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 05:18 PM
They're all 60+?

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 05:35 PM
They're all 60+?

Yes..

Merc0FF
Nov 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
Just got back from SH abduction and i am quite happy about it, they added new darkers (quarry, coast and seabed) expect airships for the whole run this time. the boss fight's in the rooms before Falz are quite challenging (you have 3 rooms with bosses that you must clear before going to Falz, in 1 of those we got rare Malidarl and Ringahda together). I don't know if bosses are random there so i am not gonna spoil the rest. As for Falz fight you still have clones at the end + some mobs. After completing it, we got special unit with Returner ability that i don't know what is doing. SH den is worth trying ^^

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 27, 2013, 06:49 PM
im glad we dont got super hard cos
now i dont have to waste 5 more minutes on this game

GreenArcher
Nov 27, 2013, 06:54 PM
Unless the lay they cap the selling price for ANY item on shops, say like 10 million, its beyond hopeless.

This would be total dick move for Sega lol

You should try taking a basic economics course, because this is not a solution.

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 07:18 PM
You should try taking a basic economics course, because this is not a solution.

Thing is there no solution.

My point about a shop cap was that u can sell ur crap but u cant go over set price. Though it will piss people it will hinder increased inflation from sh ta cos.

I would love to see u point out better solution tho, one that doesnt piss ppl off. Cause atm shops are free game, u can set any price u want and there will be always be stupid person lying in wait to buy asap.

Sandmind
Nov 27, 2013, 07:20 PM
Just got back from SH abduction and i am quite happy about it, they added new darkers (quarry, coast and seabed) expect airships for the whole run this time. the boss fight's in the rooms before Falz are quite challenging (you have 3 rooms with bosses that you must clear before going to Falz, in 1 of those we got rare Malidarl and Ringahda together). I don't know if bosses are random there so i am not gonna spoil the rest. As for Falz fight you still have clones at the end + some mobs. After completing it, we got special unit with Returner ability that i don't know what is doing. SH den is worth trying ^^

I was about to say that it looked like an useless ability, until I saw it was both lv1 and the stat list on the right side could be scrolled down, is the last stat PP? This look like a weaker variant of the ability affix with extra stats.

Concerning SH taco making it easier to buy stuff from the player market; not happening, prices are decided two way, supply and demand.

Merc0FF
Nov 27, 2013, 07:27 PM
I was about to say that it looked like an useless ability, until I saw it was both lv1 and the stat list on the right side could be scrolled down, is the last stat PP? This look like a weaker variant of the ability affix with extra stats.

Concerning SH taco making it easier to buy stuff from the player market; not happening, prices are decided two way, supply and demand.
Yes it's pp+1

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 07:34 PM

This. Only two real possible ways to hinder inflation is implementing a price cap or make things(weps, units, fodders, even ac and fun scratch items) easier to obtain <-which is no fun and Sega has made its stance on making the game hard/grind stakinly annoying.

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 08:04 PM
Yes..
Ok, cause the bosses in VH are like 40-42, so maybe some could be 58 or something in SH. Just checking.

This. Only two real possible ways to hinder inflation is implementing a price cap or make things(weps, units, fodders, even ac and fun scratch items) easier to obtain <-which is no fun and Sega has made its stance on making the game hard/grind stakinly annoying.
Or it would make anything that would have been valuable premium trade only (since you can exchange any amount of meseta, or multiple 10m installments which leads to scams).

That, or nothing sells for more than 10m, so people have hundreds of millions left over after buying everything they want, which leads to inflation on items that didn't sell for 10m before.

How about instead of whatever you're suggesting, they can let players TA for more meseta which they can use to pay for the increasing affix and grind costs? It's more of a recession right now with all the money sinks and a fixed income that hasn't changed in months.

Zyrusticae
Nov 27, 2013, 08:10 PM
I really don't get why people just assume that prices will skyrocket because there's more money in the money supply.

Keeping in mind that most players do NOT do TAs daily (as evidenced by the recent poll on this very forum) and that there are loads of money sinks in the game to balance out the faucets, at most I could see prices going up by maybe 50% if they added SH TACOs (and they followed the trend of increasing income by around double the previous amount).

Extremely rare items will still be difficult to acquire because their prices are dictated almost entirely by a huge scarcity of supply, so nothing will have changed there. Items that drop frequently and/or are not valued will instead cost less in terms of the absolute effort required to get the money to afford them (y'know, because prices only rose X amount while income rose (X*2) amount).

This is all hypothetical, of course, because it doesn't look like they plan on adding any new TACOs any time soon.

PokeminMaster
Nov 27, 2013, 08:12 PM
I hear the new abduction has Bird Darkers, as my friend got abducted when checking somethine solo (she was killed within the first minute).... Anyway, she was slaughtered by a Luda Sorcerer (possibly multiple) at the very beginning

Anyone know much else about it, yet?

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 08:12 PM
Ok, cause the bosses in VH are like 40-42, so maybe some could be 58 or something in SH. Just checking.

Or it would make anything that would have been valuable premium trade only (since you can exchange any amount of meseta, or multiple 10m installments which leads to scams).

That, or nothing sells for more than 10m, so people have hundreds of millions left over after buying everything they want, which leads to inflation on items that didn't sell for 10m before.

How about instead of whatever you're suggesting, they can let players TA for more meseta which they can use to pay for the increasing affix and grind costs? It's more of a recession right now with all the money sinks and a fixed income that hasn't changed in months.

Good point. Are u suggesting that they increase the grind and affix costs?

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 08:16 PM
I really don't get why people just assume that prices will skyrocket because there's more money in the money supply.

Keeping in mind that most players do NOT do TAs daily (as evidenced by the recent poll on this very forum) and that there are loads of money sinks in the game to balance out the faucets, at most I could see prices going up by maybe 50% if they added SH TACOs (and they followed the trend of increasing income by around double the previous amount).

Extremely rare items will still be difficult to acquire because their prices are dictated almost entirely by a huge scarcity of supply, so nothing will have changed there. Items that drop frequently and/or are not valued will instead cost less in terms of the absolute effort required to get the money to afford them (y'know, because prices only rose X amount while income rose (X*2) amount).

This is all hypothetical, of course, because it doesn't look like they plan on adding any new TACOs any time soon.

Psow only represents a very small portion of the games community. U cant say "most" without.having polled the jp.

That u have more money is a legit reason to raise prices. Prices will of course stay consistent but they price for the scarce things will higher than their current prices right now.

EvilMag
Nov 27, 2013, 08:26 PM

I just got my 1 mil reward from doing TAs on both my characters and I threw it all at dudu.

I think that should give you guys an idea that adding more COs wouldn't really do anything cause grinding/affixing is still complete trash. (affixing got more expensive because tier III shit not dropping in SH)

Also a lot of the SH rares are expensive because no one plays those areas. Its all about Seabeds nowadays. (unless theres an exp boost for another area.)

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 08:28 PM

Uh? More than it already did? Because they have raised. Look at the trashiest of trash 10*'s grind cost and then compare that to the godly Best in Slot's.

It costs more per attempt now.

KazukiQZ
Nov 27, 2013, 08:37 PM
I hear the new abduction has Bird Darkers, as my friend got abducted when checking somethine solo (she was killed within the first minute).... Anyway, she was slaughtered by a Luda Sorcerer (possibly multiple) at the very beginning

Anyone know much else about it, yet?
iirc, there's two bosses at the end of area 2, just before the gate of Area 3, where you have to fight Decol Melluda and Blu Ringudha together (the player i saw met both of their rare counterpart!)

Also, hey! She didn't died from Luda Sorcerer and certainly not the 1st minute! >:o

Kikikiki
Nov 28, 2013, 03:48 AM
most players do NOT do TAs daily (as evidenced by the recent poll on this very forum)

So you're saying this is US PSO2?

Or are you saying that JP autistics will not bother to do, like, 5 TA sets a day?

Oh please give me a break, an English patch isn't a fucking localization.

Alenoir
Nov 28, 2013, 04:10 AM

SH 10* equips had their grind/attribute price raised. It takes ~50k per attribute attempt on the SH 10* units, and my Marie Nails took 7.8k per grind attempt.

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 28, 2013, 05:17 AM
Honestly, I'd be happy with a slight increase in meseta rewarded and a substantial increase in experience. Unreasonable and unlikely, yes, but I'd rather that instead of meseta.

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 08:29 AM
Keeping in mind that most players do NOT do TAs daily (as evidenced by the recent poll on this very forum)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias

And if I were to poll users of this forum on whether or not they use computers the results would tell me that 100% of humanity uses computers.

There's a few people around the globe that might not fall into that category.

Shit, I didn't even see that poll and I post here more than the lot of you. I should have, like, two votes for doing tacos.

GreenArcher
Nov 28, 2013, 10:38 AM
Thing is there no solution.

My point about a shop cap was that u can sell ur crap but u cant go over set price. Though it will piss people it will hinder increased inflation from sh ta cos.

I would love to see u point out better solution tho, one that doesnt piss ppl off. Cause atm shops are free game, u can set any price u want and there will be always be stupid person lying in wait to buy asap.

The solution is to create more money sinks. If you set an artificial meseta cap on player shops, money will become worthless and something else will replace it as currency. Look at PSO meseta and how photon drops were used.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 28, 2013, 11:44 AM
The solution is to create more money sinks. If you set an artificial meseta cap on player shops, money will become worthless and something else will replace it as currency. Look at PSO meseta and how photon drops were used.

The problem is that we already have a super cash sink that can make you blow through 100m like nothing by failing a 90% chance 6 times in a row in the final afix. What this game has always needed is multiple little cash sinks. For instance, they can make dudu easier, but raise his price. They can add a price to creating pyroxene weps but reduce the number of caps needed. They could make a cake sister like shop that sells synths, grinders, and photon drops so that people not only have an easier time finding them, but at the same time they sink cash into it. Arguably that last one would upset the economy again lol. But look at it this way, the problem is that sega put all of their eggs into one basket from the getgo and has not added anything else, and instead of making everything easier but having enough sinks to keep the meseta in check, theyre just making more clothing.

Z-0
Nov 28, 2013, 01:33 PM
No, Dudu is not a good "cash sink". When you lose 100 million meseta at Dudu, maybe 90 million of that moves to other players.

You're obviously not understanding what a good cash sink actually is.

Coatl
Nov 28, 2013, 03:21 PM
The price for our equipment is raising while our income doesn't. Eventually *10s will cost 1/10th of the price of one TA CO.

Zyrusticae
Nov 28, 2013, 03:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias

And if I were to poll users of this forum on whether or not they use computers the results would tell me that 100% of humanity uses computers.

There's a few people around the globe that might not fall into that category.

Shit, I didn't even see that poll and I post here more than the lot of you. I should have, like, two votes for doing tacos.
I already accounted for that.

Seriously, do you actually think a large percentage of the actual player base plays TAs every day? I'd be surprised if a decent percentage even logged in every day, much less ran TAs religiously like their lives depended on it.

Hmm, actually, come to think of it, the poll is biased in the sense that most of the people browsing this forum probably actually play the game. Which means a lot of folks who stopped playing the game likely didn't vote in the poll, so they're unaccounted for, meaning even fewer people are running TAs if you're going by that metric.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 28, 2013, 03:48 PM
SH 10* equips had their grind/attribute price raised. It takes ~50k per attribute attempt on the SH 10* units, and my Marie Nails took 7.8k per grind attempt.

That's hilarious...

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 03:49 PM
I already accounted for that.

Seriously, do you actually think a large percentage of the actual player base plays TAs every day? I'd be surprised if a decent percentage even logged in every day, much less ran TAs religiously like their lives depended on it.

Hmm, actually, come to think of it, the poll is biased in the sense that most of the people browsing this forum probably actually play the game. Which means a lot of folks who stopped playing the game likely didn't vote in the poll, so they're unaccounted for, meaning even fewer people are running TAs if you're going by that metric.

I honestly believe you accounted for it as much as any given armchair economist accounts for anything they account for.

I also honestly believe it is a really bad idea to put in more meseta rewards for doing TAs. Maybe raise the meseta value of dailies instead, if more meseta MUST be added. Instead, give SH TAs a different incentive, even if it's just one item for the full loop. An excube, a fun ticket, hell I don't know. More meseta won't be solving anything.

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2013, 04:41 PM
Maybe raise the meseta value of dailies instead, if more meseta MUST be added. Instead, give SH TAs a different incentive, even if it's just one item for the full loop. An excube, a fun ticket, hell I don't know.
I like both of these ideas.

Walkure
Nov 28, 2013, 04:52 PM
No, Dudu is not a good "cash sink". When you lose 100 million meseta at Dudu, maybe 90 million of that moves to other players.

Grinding and adding ability slots (not actually adding good affixes) are better in that ratio, but your conclusion is totally right.

Grinding 10*s, even ignoring grinders and with the increased SH prices per attempt, still have ~40% of the (potential) cost in (+1) tickets. Purely adding slots is mostly the base cost to attempt, as well, for the 3-4 slots that people tend to go for.

Then you get to actually adding *good* abilities, and costs from the player-based economy just dwarves other costs. Similarly, adding these abilities is the majority of having a weapon at 3x-4x with potentials.

MetalDude
Nov 28, 2013, 05:31 PM
Which is why fuck affixing until SH AQs become a thing. It's not worth it at all.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 28, 2013, 07:01 PM

what is a good one then?

Saffran
Nov 28, 2013, 07:41 PM
A good meseta sink would take away the meseta from players and give it back to NPCs. (i.e make it disappear)

The Walrus
Nov 28, 2013, 07:44 PM
Just increase the cost of grinding and affixing while making it have a greater chance to succeed while allowing you to throw more meseta at it to increase the odds with the cost of the grind/affix being based on the rarity of the weapon.

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 07:49 PM
Just increase the cost of grinding and affixing while making it have a greater chance to succeed while allowing you to throw more meseta at it to increase the odds with the cost of the grind/affix being based on the rarity of the weapon.

Correct. Money->success, direct conversion.

I mean meseta->success.

What they have right now is yen->success.

Which is their ultimate goal.

So ain't shit changin'.

UnLucky
Nov 28, 2013, 10:26 PM

Yeah, we need higher taxes in the player shops.

That way we have more meseta sinks, more incentive to buy premium to skip the tax, and then more incentive to buy premium to buy the good items that would never be sold in the shops due to the millions lost to taxes.

Everybody wins!

NoiseHERO
Nov 28, 2013, 10:38 PM
everyone should be given the ability to respawn bosses as much as they want, and make meseta useless and get US players banned.

But for a good 12 hours. everything will be very affordable. : )

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 29, 2013, 03:01 AM
I would say they will ad SH COs a month or two after Ultimate comes out,.