PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone that isn't using ANY patches that is having crippling bugs?

Takatsuki
Nov 28, 2013, 09:23 AM
Such as:
- Infinite loading.
- Random frequent crashes ("pso2.exe has stopped working")

I've tried going with and without the patch, with and without tweaker, running file checks, troubleshooting issues, restarting the computer, everything I could think of and I'm still having problems.

Is there anyone experiencing these issues that doesn't EVER use these patches?

Kollaps
Nov 28, 2013, 09:53 AM
I'm not using any patches but still have (not so random) crashes after last update. You are not alone in this.

Limbo_lag
Nov 28, 2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah I've been getting random failed loads on startup (e.g. instead of the NVIDIA load screen it just freezes up). I've been able to restart it with no problems afterwards (sometimes takes a few tries).

Also noticed that I can restart it immediately after closing, without the "pso2 is already running" message, which takes like 15 seconds to clear normally.

Edson Drake
Nov 28, 2013, 10:00 AM
There's probably missing or corrupt files. The Tweaker can check and add/fix those.

Takatsuki
Nov 28, 2013, 10:06 AM
There's probably missing or corrupt files. The Tweaker can check and add/fix those.

Already tried that. Tweaker turned up no issues. Ran the filecheck through the normal launcher and let it sit there for a while. When I came back it said "Download Completed", but I don't know if it actually downloaded anything or if it also throws up that message when it detects no problems.

Foslix
Nov 28, 2013, 10:15 AM
Yep I've been getting these game stop working crashes randomly every time i go to a my room I tried fixing checking using certain patches trying to get around it but it just keeps happening im guessing its on sega's part like the my room lag that used to happen ^^;

Sacrificial
Nov 28, 2013, 10:51 AM
Alt+tab can cause the 'pso2.exe has stopped working' thing. you can solve that by using virtual mode. If you were already using that, then my post is useless.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 28, 2013, 12:10 PM
Right now I can't go a second time to my room without crashing in the same session.

Also, right after a crash, if I relog quickly I get another crash getting to lobby sometimes.

Foslix
Nov 28, 2013, 12:19 PM
Alt+tab can cause the 'pso2.exe has stopped working' thing. you can solve that by using virtual mode. If you were already using that, then my post is useless.

naw to be more specific it happens in a loading tunnel heading to a my room

dr apocalipsis
Nov 28, 2013, 12:59 PM
I use tweaker with item translation. After 1st bunch of crashes, I removed patches and did a file check from tweaker. It crashed again, so I reapplied patches.

MAybe I should do a PSO2 launcher file check and try without any patches at all.

Coatl
Nov 28, 2013, 01:12 PM
Right now I can't go a second time to my room without crashing in the same session.

Also, right after a crash, if I relog quickly I get another crash getting to lobby sometimes.

Same problem here. I even re-patched my game and had NO patches. Still crashing.

Edson Drake
Nov 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
I am getting the random crash by alt-tabbing(fullscreen due to bad FPS at virtual for some reason). It happened rarely before, now it's 1 to 3 times ratio, real annoying.

Foslix
Nov 28, 2013, 02:51 PM
I am getting the random crash by alt-tabbing(fullscreen due to bad FPS at virtual for some reason). It happened rarely before, now it's 1 to 3 times ratio, real annoying.

hm come to think of it the first time i logged in after maintenance i had horrible lag after the pso2 intro movie black screen for what seemed more than 5sec after that when picking a character to log in abruptly throws me into a loading tunnel then crashed

LinkKD
Nov 28, 2013, 05:17 PM

Same exact thing here, I'm with EN, Large Files and Story Patch on, haven't tried removing them yet...but by what I've seen in this thread, I dont think that'll help.

UnLucky
Nov 28, 2013, 05:29 PM
Both my desktop (with the EN patch) and my laptop (without the patch) always crashes going into my My Room the second time.

Haven't tried the official launcher, though.

Shinureal
Nov 28, 2013, 06:14 PM
No problems here, after the last update I put the menu patch and everything is fine. I just added the story patch now, haven't tried it yet.

KazukiQZ
Nov 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
Item translation is the cause, sadly.

I've been playing with the main EN patch and Large File, and WITHOUT Item translation. So far, no crashing had happened. But, enabling Item Translation will cause the crash to come back.

Kollaps
Nov 29, 2013, 01:46 AM
Item translation is the cause, sadly.

I like how you guys dont even read first post or thread title. :???: The point is that those who NOT using ANY patches has crashes. Now explain to me how item translation will be cause when I never used it. :-?

KazukiQZ
Nov 29, 2013, 01:58 AM
Item translation is not even a patch. And some of the people who post here did mentioned using Item Translation.

Kollaps
Nov 29, 2013, 02:07 AM
Then again I'm not using translations at all. =w=;

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 29, 2013, 02:55 AM
I decided to use item translation today to buy some CO items from franka, I have never had a issue with PSO Crashing till i turned on Item Translation. It is a coincidence? Bad Luck? i dont think so. So i turned it off.

Lostbob117
Nov 29, 2013, 02:59 AM
From the time I played today I had no problems, I'm using the main patch.

Shinureal
Nov 29, 2013, 04:21 AM
I've never used the item trans patch/ file, but for the rest, the game is working just fine, with or without patches, exept when I'm using an outdated story patch and playing some story events, it freezes in the loading black screen.

Teravisor
Nov 29, 2013, 07:46 AM
3/3 crashes when opening mag menu. No patches installed(no item translation as well)...
I hope some JP dude have already reported that. I don't know how to write in Japanese >_<
Started happening only after last patch.

Kollaps
Nov 29, 2013, 02:50 PM
Fixed my problem by reinstalling game. =w= I hope no more crashing for me from now on.

Edson Drake
Nov 29, 2013, 06:08 PM
I solved the crash by doing two things: fixing gameguard issues with the tweaker and going virtual fullscreen(was using fullscreen before). Solid gameplay, no crashes at all. And I am using patches, so those have nothing to do with it.

UnLucky
Nov 29, 2013, 06:58 PM
Seemed to have stopped if I disable item translations.

KazukiQZ
Nov 29, 2013, 07:40 PM
Tried Edson Drake's ways, the problem still persist when Item Translation is enabled. Disabling it makes the crash go away.

Oddly enough, no mention of translator.dll in the crash report:

[SPOILER-BOX]Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pso2.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52860e0d
Fault Module Name: pso2.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52860e0d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0007261a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789[/SPOILER-BOX]

dr apocalipsis
Nov 29, 2013, 08:59 PM
If I use PSO2 launcher, instead of tweaker, with english patch and large files, it doesn't crash.

Also, loads are shorter.

KazukiQZ
Nov 30, 2013, 04:55 AM
So, if you disable the IT (Item Translations), you can go to your room over and over? Could you log out and log in and try it a few times? Sorry =/ I'd do it myself, but I don't have the issue.
Had tried that before posting the above post :)
I played for 4-5 hours without Item Translation and no crash at all. After Dark Falz EQ, I decided to test out Item Translation and the crash happened again. Each time the crash happen, the similar crash report appear.

Raid_Hirsh
Nov 30, 2013, 06:23 AM
I use the stock PSO2 launcher to patch/update the game, and I haven't experienced any minor (or severe) issues so far.

With that being said, I rarely experience any form of lag, and I have yet to randomly disconnect from the game's server.

P.S. I also download the latest English patch when the game receives a new update.

Gama
Nov 30, 2013, 07:16 AM

ive had the same issue yesterday, when going to other rooms.

i have the basic en patch, the large files patch and the item translation.