PDA

View Full Version : Vita Is the PS Vita version of PSO2 any good?

MetalMarth
Nov 28, 2013, 07:34 PM
As the title says I was wondering if there is any frame rate issues, lag, ETC . :???:

blace
Nov 28, 2013, 07:38 PM
Frame rate drops are frequent, latency between the system and the servers is not so great.

However, it is pretty solid for a Vita port of the game, but runs at a lower quality than the PC version when it's set to 1.

Something to consider is that the connection stability between players is somewhat more skewed leading to more variance in what the others see. Such as a 12 person MPA, the frame rates would drop below what was intended and at times you won't be able to pick up any drops during PSE Bursts with how much information the system itself is trying to handle let alone put out all the detail into everyones attacks.

MetalMarth
Nov 28, 2013, 07:46 PM
So what would you say??? should i get it or not. Or is it just horrible

blace
Nov 28, 2013, 07:50 PM
Well, if you're up for a decent game on a handheld system, go for it.

I'll put up a couple of screenshots of the game in a little bit for some comparison.

Edit: Some screens I took just now from both PC and Vita.
[spoiler-box]
PC
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/5538/w6jk.png
Vita
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/6536/bphj.jpg
PC
http://imageshack.us/a/img513/2305/yuae.png
Vita
http://imageshack.us/a/img11/3338/apnl.jpg

Vita menu interface
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/79/k7bi.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Downscaled the PC screens, and the Vita screens are automatically upscaled to 960x544, but downscaled because imageshack.

neromercer
Nov 29, 2013, 08:02 AM
Just remember one thing, even if PSO2 Vita doesn't look that good, in the PSVita Screen you won't even notice it that much... besides that, everything that blace said is true.

Also one thing is that when you connect with an account for the first time, your PSO2 account gets perma-linked to your PSN Account, meaning you can't change it unless you create another PSN account (which sucks, but that's probably only me).

hadoukyuu
Nov 29, 2013, 05:10 PM
Despite the slow down when theres a lot of action, its good if you feel like playing PSO2 on the go.

ZER0 DX
Nov 29, 2013, 05:50 PM
If I ran this game at anything but max settings my eyes would vomit.

Vita version looks like absolute trash to me, and the framerate on it when doing anything is horrible. I only play vita as a last resort when I'm out somewhere.

blace
Nov 29, 2013, 06:14 PM
I don't know if the graphics are below 1 on the PC level, blace. I got it PSO2 Vita today, and I've noticed it looks much better than my PSO2 PC (which is set on 1 for max FPS and loading quickness).

You'll see what I mean in a large scale MPA or taking a close look at your character outside of the salon.

GradationAir
Nov 29, 2013, 06:54 PM
The only time latency is a problem in PSO2 is when you're step cancelling, really.

And when you play on a vita you generally don't do that.

Emp
Nov 29, 2013, 06:58 PM
The only time latency is a problem in PSO2 is when you're step cancelling, really.

And when you play on a vita you generally don't do that.

Are u reffering to triple dashing? All u need to do is switch ur O and R buttons on vita and ur good to go to dash on the vita.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 29, 2013, 08:38 PM
The textures are even lower than the PC's lowest settings
It's also pretty much simple shaders with bloom

Also if I recall it's far more limited in terms of enemies at once
TA'd on a Vita server once, it's totally ruined

blace
Nov 29, 2013, 08:51 PM
Total enemy count is drastically reduced, but they added in 30 seconds to the initial PSE Burst.

It's probably due to me playing a CAseal, but with some parts and especially the face you can notice a line running through it.

Inazuma
Nov 29, 2013, 09:59 PM
I haven't played the Vita version myself, but when I play with people using the Vita version on the shared blocks, they are usually terrible at playing. The game looking like shit and having fps and slowdown issues is one thing, but the controls are far inferior to PC so you can't help but play like shit.

I remember doing Dark Falz Elder on the shared blocks and it was the absolute worst Falz battle ever, taking well over 10 minutes to defeat him. The Vita sucks and Vita players can't help but suck.

Inazuma
Nov 30, 2013, 02:12 AM
The vita controls aren't terrible, they're almost exactly like the 360 controls. (the only exceptions being dash is left stick + O)

You can't use programs like JoyToKey on Vita, therefore the Vita controls are absolutely horrid in comparison to PC.

blace
Nov 30, 2013, 02:31 AM
You can, however, change the controls around to suit your needs. Not as effective, but it is something.

.Jack
Nov 30, 2013, 02:33 AM
It depends on what you're accustomed to with your play style, mostly your melee/striking/tech habit playing . I'm usually doing something else while playing the game so spamming zonde in my pc is equally as good/horrid as doing so in my vita, lol. :D

blace
Nov 30, 2013, 02:36 AM
I'm the type of guy that likes to use the default control set up for any game and will adjust to it accordingly. The only hindering thing about the Vita is the weapon switching.

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2013, 02:38 AM
With a keyboard, mouse, controller being a given on top of whatever modifications...

Technically nothing has better "control" than a PC right?

It's whether or not it's doable/comfortable in general.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 30, 2013, 02:45 AM
Vita version looks like a fucking PSX game. Stay away from it.

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2013, 03:17 AM
it's a portable "MMO"!

For free!

But I can't defend that data management >_>

I hated buying memory sticks for PSP. PSV sounds worst/just as bad/expensive. (at least if you're downloading a 12 Gig game.

Also I definitely wouldn't get a vita JUST for PSO2.

ShinMaruku
Nov 30, 2013, 03:20 AM
Vita version looks like a fucking PSX game. Stay away from it.

Hyperbole never helps.

Arkanoid
Nov 30, 2013, 04:05 AM
it's a portable "MMO"!

For free!

But I can't defend that data management >_>

I hated buying memory sticks for PSP. PSV sounds worst/just as bad/expensive. (at least if you're downloading a 12 Gig game.

Also I definitely wouldn't get a vita JUST for PSO2.

Lol trust me Vita memory is definitely in the "worse" category. Those memory sticks for PSP were new and expensive at the time, and they could be used in some other things. Vita memory is just overpriced for no reason and only works on Vita.

blace
Nov 30, 2013, 04:21 AM
Lol trust me Vita memory is definitely in the "worse" category. Those memory sticks for PSP were new and expensive at the time, and they could be used in some other things. Vita memory is just overpriced for no reason and only works on Vita.

Let's not forget that anything Sony is overpriced and the memory cards for the Vita are distributed only by Sony at the moment.

Emp
Nov 30, 2013, 09:03 AM

The vita memory is proprietary. Sony forces u to use their own memory cause its one way to prevent people from permanently modding the vita. Now if you wanna go play games with hackers, I suggest u get a psp. If not, dont complain.

Oh and ya proprietary memory is generally always gonna be more expensive. Only an idiot would place the blame on Sony.

Arkanoid
Nov 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
The vita memory is proprietary. Sony forces u to use their own memory cause its one way to prevent people from permanently modding the vita. Now if you wanna go play games with hackers, I suggest u get a psp. If not, dont complain.

Oh and ya proprietary memory is generally always gonna be more expensive. Only an idiot would place the blame on Sony.

Lol really? Obviously they control the price to be higher on purpose because you have no choice, there isn't anything great or special about the memory cards for Vita. On the other hand I don't really agree that everything Sony is overpriced, like the Vita itself is nicely priced, which is probably why the prices for memory which can only be bought from the same company are so ridiculous.

Emp
Nov 30, 2013, 03:20 PM
Lol really? Obviously they control the price to be higher on purpose because you have no choice, there isn't anything great or special about the memory cards for Vita. On the other hand I don't really agree that everything Sony is overpriced, like the Vita itself is nicely priced, which is probably why the prices for memory which can only be bought from the same company are so ridiculous.

Maybe but aftermarket proprietary memory(not sony brand) aint much cheaper. Vita is still being sold at a loss so they need to get some money back. They cant outright lower the prices and expect ppl to buy. Also, if your Playstation Plus, u offset the cost of the memory. Your ideally getting more memory while getting free games and discounts. If your gonna to continue being a baby about Sony memory, you need to check yourself.

Arkanoid
Nov 30, 2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe but aftermarket proprietary memory(not sony brand) aint much cheaper. Vita is still being sold at a loss so they need to get some money back. They cant outright lower the prices and expect ppl to buy. Also, if your Playstation Plus, u offset the cost of the memory. Your ideally getting more memory while getting free games and discounts. If your gonna to continue being a baby about Sony memory, you need to check yourself.

I'm not being a baby about anything, you just keep throwing insults at me for no reason when all I am saying is that the memory is expensive. So not only are you looking like a baby/idiot/typical pso-world poster, but you are also looking like Sony's lap-dog for bringing up Playstation Plus which does not "offset the price" of anything. BTW you don't get things for "free" by paying for a service, and those "free games" are more like rentals that are gone as soon as your PS Plus expires.

Emp
Nov 30, 2013, 04:01 PM
I'm not being a baby about anything, you just keep throwing insults at me for no reason when all I am saying is that the memory is expensive. So not only are you looking like a baby/idiot/typical pso-world poster, but you are also looking like Sony's lap-dog for bringing up Playstation Plus which does not "offset the price" of anything. BTW you don't get things for "free" by paying for a service, and those "free games" are more like rentals that are gone as soon as your PS Plus expires.

Its pointless to to argue with you. I told why they were expensive and how to save some money to buy the memory, yet u want to continue. The memory is and will be always be made and controlled by Sony. If it aint, it just lets modders ruin it like they did with psp.

I aint no lap dog but I grew up on sony and will always defend what they market.

Arkanoid
Nov 30, 2013, 04:13 PM
Its pointless to to argue with you. I told why they were expensive and how to save some money to buy the memory, yet u want to continue. The memory is and will be always be made and controlled by Sony. If it aint, it just lets modders ruin it like they did with psp.

I aint no lap dog but I grew up on sony and will always defend what they market.

It's fine man, all I said was that PSP memory was expensive for being new, Vita memory is expensive because they control it and keep it that way. It's nice that the Vita is pretty cheap to buy, but they obviously make up for it with the memory prices. I just tend to care more about the value of the actual item I'm buying, so 32gb of memory for like 80 dollars is going to make me feel kind of stupid. I finally just bought a 3DS for the library alone and I still feel bad about paying the price of that console because quite frankly the hardware of the 3DS is outdated and the graphics look pretty horrible, I payed that price just to access the games available for it which is kind of a separate issue.

Emp
Nov 30, 2013, 04:23 PM
It's fine man, all I said was that PSP memory was expensive for being new, Vita memory is expensive because they control it and keep it that way. It's nice that the Vita is pretty cheap to buy, but they obviously make up for it with the memory prices. I just tend to care more about the value of the actual item I'm buying, so 32gb of memory for like 80 dollars is going to make me feel kind of stupid. I finally just bought a 3DS for the library alone and I still feel bad about paying the price of that console because quite frankly the hardware of the 3DS is outdated and the graphics look pretty horrible, I payed that price just to access the games available for it which is kind of a separate issue.

Prices for memory were supposed to go down. Idk if they did that. As for the 3ds, I think its been outdated since it came out. No truly cared bout 3D and the hardware was only improved so that it could function with the 3D on.

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2013, 04:36 PM
For a portable handheld the 3DS's graphics are fine. (ESPECIALLY being a nintendo product)

If anything I don't even like the way most vita games are stylized even WITH it's better graphics (All two of the games on that device.)

And wasn't the 3DS the first to drop it's prices? And it's still cheaper than vita, even more so with 2DS. And you don't need to spend half the handheld's price to get memory sticks to have 40,000 games on your 3DS.

So yeah.

#I don't see people talking about the newest vita game every month

#handheld wars

Emp
Nov 30, 2013, 04:46 PM
For a portable handheld the 3DS's graphics are fine. (ESPECIALLY being a nintendo product)

If anything I don't even like the way most vita games are stylized even WITH it's better graphics (All two of the games on that device.)

And wasn't the 3DS the first to drop it's prices? And it's still cheaper than vita, even more so with 2DS. And you don't need to spend half the handheld's price to get memory sticks to have 40,000 games on your 3DS.

So yeah.

#I don't see people talking about the newest vita game every month

#handheld wars

All bout dem pokeymanz lol.

Sony doesnt know to properly market the vita outside of Asia. Vita sells well in Asia, horrible everywhere else. I also put blame on the anime style type of games in Asia. Stuff like doesnt sell with the majority of Na and Europe like it does in Asia.

MetalMarth
Nov 30, 2013, 09:52 PM
0_o i cant believe this little question blew up into this huge mess. Anyways.... thanks for the help everyone!

riku2replica
Dec 2, 2013, 02:00 AM
All bout dem pokeymanz lol.

Sony doesnt know to properly market the vita outside of Asia. Vita sells well in Asia, horrible everywhere else. I also put blame on the anime style type of games in Asia. Stuff like doesnt sell with the majority of Na and Europe like it does in Asia.

The reason to the bad sales of game in NA and EU is highly due to the late and slow release of localized version(it happens all the time). I agree with the anime style of games in Asia but do not forget there are few titles based on US popular franchise like AC.

Emp
Dec 2, 2013, 08:20 AM
The reason to the bad sales of game in NA and EU is highly due to the late and slow release of localized version(it happens all the time). I agree with the anime style of games in Asia but do not forget there are few titles based on US popular franchise like AC.

Wrong. Its games. Games, games, and more games. You cant expect to sell a game system if the developers are afraid of the risk in developing a game for it.

HIT0SHI
Dec 2, 2013, 08:23 AM
Wrong. Its games. Games, games, and more games. You can expect to sell a game system if the developers are afraid of the risk in developing a game for it.

Can't*

Emp
Dec 2, 2013, 09:35 AM
Can't*

Thank you. Typing on the phone often leads me to have alot of typos :x

HIT0SHI
Dec 2, 2013, 10:25 AM
Thank you. Typing on the phone often leads me to have alot of typos :x

Yeah, it happends. ^^"
You'd be surprised how much i fail even on the keyboard only to come back and edit my post :X

Well anyway OP's question has been answered, no need to continue bumping this thread with an Off topic conversation.

MetalMarth
Dec 2, 2013, 03:47 PM
amen brother

Krimson
Dec 3, 2013, 04:46 PM
I play vita version the graphics are ok and I have fun playing it though I would like to eventually own pso2 on a pc :)

Imo graphics don't matter it's still the same game, run kill and get exp get meseta and make friends, my only issue is vita pso2 is it doesn't load as fast, example Lilipa playing with guildmates going to area 2 they've already killed the first set of bad guys and are moving onward.

NiNNY
Dec 26, 2013, 03:02 AM
i have a question, i just got my psvita and i got a 64gb memory card and I did not know it was free to download but i also bought the game, i just havent get it yet.
I is worth to use my 64GB memory card for pso2?
what do you guys recommend? or if i buy a memory card how big should it be? i dont want to format it later if psn japanese account and us account dont get along

jooozek
Dec 26, 2013, 03:25 AM
when you use the retail game card you won't have to use the japanese PSN so you will be able to use the 64GB card for w/e PSN you are using and be able to play PSO2 without having to reformat
at least that's what everyone keeps reiterating in every other pso2 vita thread

NiNNY
Dec 26, 2013, 03:29 AM
when you use the retail game card you won't have to use the japanese PSN so you will be able to use the 64GB card for w/e PSN you are using and be able to play PSO2 without having to reformat
at least that's what everyone keeps reiterating in every other pso2 vita thread

thank you very much, i am now happy i will get netflix back as soon as the game arrives.