PDA

View Full Version : I've got additional bullet recently, but can't choose an element

Rubber-man
Nov 30, 2013, 02:04 PM
Additional bullet is great, but I don't know what's the best all around element to have for a gunslash. I could see light, or fire being popular choices, or is it something else entirely, and why?

strikerhunter
Nov 30, 2013, 02:15 PM
Light or Fire since most mobs are weak to fire (except for dragons/mechs) and darkers appear just bout everywhere.

Thino
Nov 30, 2013, 02:19 PM
I believe the ideal is still to have several gunslashes with different elements for multiple purposes, I have a lightning gunslash because four-legged mechs are the only enemies I cannot consistently get headshots on so I'll gladly take the extra damage.

my main one is fire.

jooozek
Nov 30, 2013, 02:38 PM
fire/lightning/ice weakness is very common and for most they are 1.3x unlike light which at best is 1.2x (there is the hunar exposed hunar sword but gunslashes aren't really boss weapons so)

Rubber-man
Nov 30, 2013, 02:48 PM
fire/lightning/ice weakness is very common and for most they are 1.3x unlike light which at best is 1.2x (there is the hunar exposed hunar sword but gunslashes aren't really boss weapons so)

Oh there are different weapon element multipliers? So light as always 1.2x on those weak to it, while other elements are always 1.3x to those weak to it? Is there anything else about elements that isn't well known?

jooozek
Nov 30, 2013, 02:57 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOEafhUgifydGptRmZmVDl6ZWl5VU5UYXVudEtVL VE&output=html
thats info datamined by the folks at the english patch forums, the enemy names are internal so you will have to work out them yourself but just going by the multipliers you can get some outlook

GALEFORCE
Nov 30, 2013, 03:09 PM
Light is a good choice for Jikomi due to how well thrillersplode handles most darkers. Lightning is a great choice all around though. Machines can be pesky because their weak points are so inaccessible.

On the topic of machines, you will want to use thriller if they're clumped up nicely or isolated enough that AB can't hit multiple. It's quite a bit stronger. Aiming Shot should also be able to hit the weak point of spardan mechs to kill them in one shot.

Coatl
Dec 3, 2013, 10:03 AM
For machines it's easier to use one cluster bullet vs two additional bullets. If you can't guarentee hitting a weak spot then there's no use wasting the PP.

Emp
Dec 3, 2013, 10:31 AM
For machines it's easier to use one cluster bullet vs two additional bullets. If you can't guarentee hitting a weak spot then there's no use wasting the PP.

Personally I would just rodeo drive the machines. U cant garuntee that the shell will explode over the enemies. Diffuse shell is another option.

Meji
Dec 3, 2013, 10:39 AM
Personally I would just rodeo drive the machines. U cant garuntee that the shell will explode over the enemies. Diffuse shell is another option.I'd love to see someone do a rodeo drive with a Gunslash.

KazukiQZ
Dec 3, 2013, 10:54 AM
I'd love to see someone do a rodeo drive with a Gunslash.
He's quoting a Launcher PA, nothing wrong with that :p

And people had been recommending Thrillerplode...Hmmm gotta try it soon then

Emp
Dec 3, 2013, 11:33 AM
I'd love to see someone do a rodeo drive with a Gunslash.

Coatls post pointed that additional bullet and gs was not so great against machines. I just furthered his opinion by offering other options against machines. Ur post was not needed.

Emp
Dec 3, 2013, 11:43 AM
He's quoting a Launcher PA, nothing wrong with that :p

And people had been recommending Thrillerplode...Hmmm gotta try it soon then

Thrillerplode is ok. Its more effective if u jump and then ja it. That way u are sure to get headshots on the lattet part.