PDA

View Full Version : boss hp bar?

tigerpenguin
Dec 1, 2013, 05:18 PM
Is there a way to see the boss/mob HP bar/gauge? I just started the game and can't figure out how much hp the mob has left, thanks!

strikerhunter
Dec 1, 2013, 05:20 PM
No.

There will be a notification by those receptionist on the top left when the boss hits halfway and near dead.

Anduril
Dec 1, 2013, 05:46 PM
There will be a notification by those receptionist on the top left when the boss hits halfway and near dead.
Also to note, that only happens with End Area bosses (with the exception of TAs and the Banther & Banshee duos); if the boss shows up in, say, Block 1, the operator won't give those notifications.

tigerpenguin
Dec 1, 2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. So there's no way to know how much progress I made in taking down the bosses (block 1, end area, etc...), other than the notifications from the receptionist for the end area boss?

tigerpenguin
Dec 1, 2013, 06:22 PM
Also a quick follow up, for big bosses, does attacking one part (i.e. tail) bring down the bosses hp as well? Or does it just "break" that "part", without affecting the overall boss hp?

strikerhunter
Dec 1, 2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the replies. So there's no way to know how much progress I made in taking down the bosses (block 1, end area, etc...), other than the notifications from the receptionist for the end area boss?

Yes. You should not worry bout the bosses HP and concentrate more on the fight. Just keep smacking it until it dies.

Also a quick follow up, for big bosses, does attacking one part (i.e. tail) bring down the bosses hp as well? Or does it just "break" that "part", without affecting the overall boss hp?

Breaking parts will deal some damage to certain bosses, cause them to flinch, or in most cases (with the exception of Big Vadhra) opens up a weak point.

Dnd
Dec 1, 2013, 06:34 PM

Bosses breakable parts have their own hp, but any damage done to them effects the core boss hp aswell.

(example numbers)
Vol dragon has 300 HP
Vol dragons tail has 50 HP

You hit the tail for precisely 50, the tail breaks and the boss (core) HP is now 250. now move on and attack the other parts while its stunned and recovering its tail (If you break a front horn during this, it resets the duration of him getting the tail back) and if your quick enough you can keep him constantly recovering for an easy kill :3