PDA

View Full Version : Future expectation: Combat Vehicles

ShiroiRen
Dec 3, 2013, 04:10 PM
Okay, an idea which SHOULD be placed in the game compared to pointless PvP/PK junk.

I wonder if they will someday place combat vehicles around in the game? They already have Turrets, Photon Blast Cannons along with an Anchor Cannon. Why not soon add combat vehicles around to drive/fly in spots? Perhaps some Photon-powered ATVs which can allow one or two people at once? A cameo fighter from Thunderforce (this IS Sega after all!) in which the Arks can fly around and shoot flying darkers down and/or a boss in an emergency quest?

There are already pilots flying around and of course there's Darkers' Battleships too so why the hell not let us get our OWN personal vehicle(s) to shoot 'em up back even if just temporary drop-ins or a simple quest? :whip:

Why not let us quickly drive around in those large deserts of Lillipia to quickly catch up to destinations?

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2013, 04:14 PM
[spoiler-box]http://www.citymanga.com/files/images/biomega/1/01.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I want my super powered death bike.

jooozek
Dec 3, 2013, 04:19 PM
it's pretty much confirmed it's coming along with a new race
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldyeUikBPo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldyeUikBPo[/SPOILER-BOX]

ShiroiRen
Dec 3, 2013, 04:34 PM
Oh hell yes! Good find there Arks! :)
If I could, I'd give you both +rep here were there a system implemented here for me to do so.:yes:

Gardios
Dec 3, 2013, 04:47 PM
They should just port Border Break to consoles and call it a day.

SEGA pls

Krimson
Dec 3, 2013, 04:55 PM
Tbh I'd like console port to ps4/ps3 and more race differences I mean casts humans and elves (may be leaving some race out, Idc ww) are basically the same aside from stat diffs casts are the only truly different race cuz they have parts specific to them. lol

Dinosaur
Dec 3, 2013, 04:55 PM
Land Rover, Ice Digger, and Hydrofoil plz

http://killass.lardpirates.com/spoonyplaythrough/ps4/Part7/ps4-7-17.PNG

http://spritedatabase.net/files/genesis/142/Sprite/LandRover.gif

Sakarisei
Dec 3, 2013, 05:34 PM
Unafortunately, introducing vehicles, although that idea is very good, is not profitable in this game. Why?

Firstly, according a colleague which has got a firend who works in SoJ, the game is extremely limited. If they had done amplified source code, i could assure you that the game would be... much more interesing than this.

Secondly and finally, introducing vehicles can be the meaning of doing now and extremely big maps for it :(

KatsuraJun
Dec 3, 2013, 06:11 PM
I always thought the turrets were a good, but kinda only half-implemented idea.

An EQ where you can pilot some kind of massive siege weapon to knock down a darker fortress would be awesome though.

~Aya~
Dec 3, 2013, 06:19 PM
inb4 PvP mode capture the flag with airboards and waterscooter things and such~

Kilich
Dec 3, 2013, 06:34 PM
As funny as it is, maybe we'll see it when they introduce Beasts and the third Falz, a year later.

Now I doubt it'll be anything more than another mode, or even a single mission, but Sega made Border Break, they know how to make mech combat games.

And whoever is that guy that keeps creating great ideas behind the game/class core mechanics, their execution being another story, he probably knows that as well.

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2013, 06:40 PM
I just want both a cyber punk motorcycle and to be able to reach B3 in less than 30 seconds with RNG issues.

Kondibon
Dec 3, 2013, 07:05 PM
Vehicles for getting around without having weird weapon setups are a cool idea, but combat vehicles just sound silly for a game like this. ._.

The Walrus
Dec 3, 2013, 07:27 PM
Just give me a hovering turret I can fly around on and I'll be good.

Or a Gundam. I'd be ok with that too. Preferably nothing from AGE...

gigawuts
Dec 3, 2013, 07:38 PM
first i park my car

FacelessRed
Dec 3, 2013, 07:42 PM
I just want mini-games, and Emulation. A sega Arcade collection for house, or some sort of In-town Arcade.

Sega Genesis games are not very big, and could offer a whole slew of things to do, multiplayer things too.

The Walrus
Dec 3, 2013, 07:45 PM
But they're already available in so many other places...

Keyblade59
Dec 3, 2013, 08:00 PM
Where's my segway

FacelessRed
Dec 3, 2013, 08:16 PM
But they're already available in so many other places...

No idea if this is a response to me, or the original topic.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2013, 08:27 PM
Land Rover, Ice Digger, and Hydrofoil plz

Only if we get remixes versions of their respective songs.

As silly as this idea is, and as much as I want to insult anyone entertaining the idea of it, I'd love to see a tank. Along with a reason to use the tank. Perhaps, a camp ship drops off the tank with some cargo which you need to transport to a specific area of the map while enemies attack. Sort of a mobile version of code protection.

Hoverboards could work with code collect. You'd have to hurry to specific parts of the map, collect an item, and race back to a collection capsule.

Of course, the best would be story missions, EQs, or TAs with vehicles.

BlueCast Boy
Dec 3, 2013, 08:27 PM
We already have 2 types of gatling guns.... but Seeing airboards is really cool to have.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah, tank would basically just be a mobile gatling gun. The problem with those is that you never get to use them. That's why I'd enjoy seeing a code where a bunch of enemies swarm you, and you have to defend against them without letting the gun get damaged. A tank isn't even necessary, just spawn a turret on a massive code attack or something.

strikerhunter
Dec 3, 2013, 08:33 PM
Two things to take note for:
1. They could take the already existing code from PSU with Alliance Military's vehicles and put it in PSO2.
2. If we do get bigger maps for it but style stays the same, it'll be boring as hell. *driving in a maze in sanctum..........*

Overall, I like the general idea of introducing vehicles. Combat vehicles would present a challenge for Sega since they'll have to make a major overhaul changes even with just tying it to 1 mission type.

However, general vehicles for movement around maps could work. Hover boards/bikes/motors/scooters/etc. would make running around large as fucking maps less of a pain *looking at you sanctum*.

or...........did what they did with cast's hovering, add AC scratch tickets tying to how the character moves and those items being skateboards, etc. basically done for movement aesthetics

Gama
Dec 3, 2013, 09:04 PM
dont think it would be done unless they remade all maps size, to it would be necessary to use a hoverthingi

Keyblade59
Dec 3, 2013, 09:05 PM
Instead I suggest we can hijack pilots during protection emergencies and take their plane for a spin after it is repaired because it is the way we must go

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 3, 2013, 10:39 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldyeUikBPo[/SPOILER-BOX]

there is no new race coming where did you hear that infomation?

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 3, 2013, 11:07 PM
^Lol.... I'm sure the dude was joking... (as I think you know that too)...

Lillie_Mae
Dec 3, 2013, 11:14 PM
Just give me a hovering turret I can fly around on and I'll be good.

Or a Gundam. I'd be ok with that too. Preferably nothing from AGE...
But this game already has Gundams. They are also known as Male CAST.

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 3, 2013, 11:20 PM

No man he was serious ok

the new race is from start to finish ok

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2013, 11:23 PM
Did we ever get beasts yet?

gigawuts
Dec 3, 2013, 11:35 PM
nah they're waiting until the second anniversary, I'm sure

Inazuma
Dec 3, 2013, 11:58 PM
One of the problems in the current game is how different players travel at different speeds. Triple dash, knuckle dash, etc. All of that bullshit. It would be nice if every class could travel at the same speed, and it didn't require pressing many buttons like a mad man, destroying both your controller and your hands in the process.

Vehicles could solve this problem, by giving every player access to fast travel. The vehicle travel speed should be the fastest way to travel, so players don't need to press buttons like crazy.

It should take at least a good full second to pull out the vehicle and get ready. This will prevent players from using it during battles. Another idea would be adding a sprint ability. However they do it, as long as we can travel fast without pressing tons of buttons nonstop like an idiot I will be happy.

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2013, 12:09 AM
Before it was fine that melee was faster. but since everyone's god, everyone's gotta get nishiki.

So just give us motorcycles yup yup.

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 12:11 AM
nah they're waiting until the second anniversary, I'm sure

You know, I would laugh if it was not beasts and something entirely new.

So just give us motorcycles yup yup.

Give me my hoverboard for traveling and I'll rest in peace.

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2013, 12:13 AM
Cyborgs or Beasts or Fishpeople or No.

No I'm not kissing zorafins bootyhole fish people can turn out kawaii

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 12:13 AM
Photoners.................cuz photons and Sega.

Sienna
Dec 4, 2013, 03:44 AM
This just in, players redefine the meaning behind going fast as they perform the hoverboard "triple accel"

HIT0SHI
Dec 4, 2013, 06:33 AM
Yeeeeeaaaahh I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x31eMNCa7Qg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x31eMNCa7Qg

Kondibon
Dec 4, 2013, 06:35 AM
Yeeeeeaaaahh I'm just gonna leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x31eMNCa7Qg
This is a thing Casts should already be able to do. :I

Sacrificial
Dec 4, 2013, 08:56 AM
I'd be happy if i could use actually use ALL boosters on parts/beside legs like arms,body, dista units. Overboost and stuff.

gigawuts
Dec 4, 2013, 09:03 AM
One of the problems in the current game is how different players travel at different speeds. Triple dash, knuckle dash, etc. All of that bullshit. It would be nice if every class could travel at the same speed, and it didn't require pressing many buttons like a mad man, destroying both your controller and your hands in the process.

Vehicles could solve this problem, by giving every player access to fast travel. The vehicle travel speed should be the fastest way to travel, so players don't need to press buttons like crazy.

It should take at least a good full second to pull out the vehicle and get ready. This will prevent players from using it during battles. Another idea would be adding a sprint ability. However they do it, as long as we can travel fast without pressing tons of buttons nonstop like an idiot I will be happy.

Maybe we'll get the vehicles they promised us for PSU :wacko:

But really, I do agree the different speeds are annoying, but I think hold-step-to-run is a better fix. Then nerf hunter so it isn't the single best god tier sub for ranger and gunner and braver and fighter and sometimes techer. Then only melee classes should have step trees, which would have this skill for 1 SP (or build it into step advance?).

Vehicles, well, I'd like something like the raft in bal rodos, except an EQ with 3 rafts that you can teleport between that move around different paths. Fight 2-3 bal rodii at once, use 3 different rafts to follow them.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 4, 2013, 10:15 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldyeUikBPo[/SPOILER-BOX]

I miss this show >:

Edson Drake
Dec 4, 2013, 12:43 PM
I would love to see the legendary vehicles from PS1 and PSIV, but unless it's a new EQ made specifically for those vehicles, the only vehicles that could be supported would be bikes, which isn't a bad idea.
Sega could totally embrace this, imagine the AC options: paint jobs, decals. your very own Kaneda's bike! Bonus points for using it in urban areas!

Either that or a sprint button like most FPS' today, so that we can stop this ridiculous dash thing.

moeri
Dec 4, 2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah, vehicles would be nice.

Especially since I will NOT do dashing, because it looks like the path to carpal tunnel.

NoiseHERO
Dec 4, 2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, vehicles would be nice.

Especially since I will NOT do dashing, because it looks like the path to carpal tunnel.

RIGHT TRIGGER HOLD X HOLD A RIGHT TRIGGER HOLD X REPEATx100000000000000000000000

>your character's leg cramps up and you get stepped on by a Dark Ragne.

Bozhestvo
Dec 4, 2013, 01:38 PM
RIGHT TRIGGER HOLD X HOLD A RIGHT TRIGGER HOLD X REPEATx100000000000000000000000

>your character's leg cramps up and you get stepped on by a Dark Ragne.

Though I know it's terrible for my hands I like dashing. I like keeping my hands active. Even though after doing it for a couple hours my hands hurt like hell.

Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump, Dash, Attack, Jump. All day long.

Edit: Lol it actually goes Dash, Attack, Dash, Jump, Dash, Attack, Dash, etc. (Fail)

The Walrus
Dec 4, 2013, 01:44 PM
Yay macros \o/

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 03:42 PM
Whenever I think of vehicles, I think of those in HALO.

Guys, you dont have to fight monsters in area anymore. Just run them over!

Enforcer MKV
Dec 4, 2013, 03:58 PM

They need to do something, because that dashing is just...ugh, I refuse to do it.

Give everyone an airboard or something similar...

Oh, Cast thruster overdrive option? I could dig that.

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 04:02 PM
Whenever I think of vehicles, I think of those in HALO.

Guys, you dont have to fight monsters in area anymore. Just run them over!

Ramming mobs would be more fun than what we have now if they make squealing sounds or cries like grunts.
<inb4 everyone starts committing suicide by crashing into each other>

Houten
Dec 4, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'd love to see some form of faster travel.

-150% to 200% speed
-Extra slot in Armor to equip vehicle (bikes, Cast Overboost unit, etc...) right beside the costume slot
-Somewhat lengthy cooldown around 2min-5min
-Adjust the damage to prevent vehicle kill abuse or
-Put in durability for vehicles so that it can only sustain certain amount of impact with mobs until its destroyed and wait for cooldown

Would be nice as first release to pave way for the future update with vehicle EQ or MPA to bring in actual combat vehicles.

moeri
Dec 4, 2013, 05:00 PM
hmm, Shingeki no Kyojin colab? That would be a lolzy vehicle...

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 05:03 PM
Tbh, vehicles are just bad idea. I would like to see an option that turns the auto walk into like a sprint. Press another button and you can sprint even faster.

moeri
Dec 4, 2013, 05:07 PM
Tbh, vehicles are just bad idea. I would like to see an option that turns the auto walk into like a sprint. Press another button and you can sprint even faster.

Yeah true, but they do give something to make models for/sell camos for. So just more $$$ generation.

Personally I would love to get my character to be able to fly close to the ground at higher speeds with photon-like particle effects.

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 05:54 PM
Personally I would love to get my character to be able to fly close to the ground at higher speeds with photon-like particle effects.

This reminds me of the ride slasher PA.

Zipzo
Dec 4, 2013, 05:59 PM
If there's one thing I know about SEGA, I know that it's never good to have any expectations so I think you should quit while you're ahead.

Arkanoid
Dec 4, 2013, 06:27 PM
If there's one thing I know about SEGA, I know that it's never good to have any expectations so I think you should quit while you're ahead.

Thanks Zipzo, this lame ass post needs to be made in every thread, can't believe we got to page 6 without the pessimistic bullshit. Anyway, I wouldn't really want vehicle combat in the game at all, but I wouldn't mind a solution to all the various dashing crap.

yoshiblue
Dec 4, 2013, 07:08 PM
The current levels aren't designed for it. Vehicles would need their own levels or those random map generators would need to include new tiles for said vehicles. Would suck if it was a one block map though. lol

Inazuma
Dec 5, 2013, 12:16 AM
The current levels aren't designed for it. Vehicles would need their own levels or those random map generators would need to include new tiles for said vehicles. Would suck if it was a one block map though. lol

As long as we can jump with our vehicles, it should work out fine.

yoshiblue
Dec 5, 2013, 12:25 AM
If we get ships, we better get a death star trench run ripoff.

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2013, 12:26 AM

While true, imaginative conversation is still fun.

(Unless it's about trying to connect PSO lore to PSU and PSO2 lore hahahahaha)

Skye-Fox713
Dec 5, 2013, 01:52 AM
They need to do something, because that dashing is just...ugh, I refuse to do it.

Give everyone an airboard or something similar...

Oh, Cast thruster overdrive option? I could dig that.

An airboard would be fun and a cast thruster overdrive would be interesting.

The dashing thing i just don't bother with it because my weapon palet has stuff that i need to have on there and dosen't need to have a weapon on there that I won't use.