PDA

View Full Version : (Ship2) SH TACOs

loool
Dec 4, 2013, 01:52 AM
What is a good block with English player running SH TACOs? Block20 is just so sad. Everyone seem to prefer VH even lv60+...

Shinamori
Dec 4, 2013, 02:01 AM
Because you don't get extra Meseta for doing VH TACO on SH.

Shadowth117
Dec 4, 2013, 02:10 AM
Until there's something particularly rewarding outside of exp co's for doing SH tacos, most players will probably stick to vh. And can you really blame them? Its shorter on average.

Dnd
Dec 4, 2013, 02:24 AM
2-3 mins shorter and you miss, uh..

higher exp because lv65 mobs
higher rare drops on average + the shinys in the 61-65 range
Chance at SH den, with bucket loads of rare ep2 darkers so very high chances at excubes/passes and at least 4-5 spheres which are useful for almost everyone

Personally, I take SH every-time I do tacos, its well worth the time assuming you don't get errored within 5 seconds of entering the den (http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6583/c8tn.jpg)

loool
Dec 4, 2013, 02:27 AM

Chance at SH den, with bucket loads of rare ep2 darkers so very high chances at excubes/passes and at least 4-5 spheres which are useful for almost everyone

Personally, I take SH every-time I do tacos, its well worth the time assuming you don't get errored within 5 seconds of entering the den (http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6583/c8tn.jpg)

Exactly!

Shinamori
Dec 4, 2013, 02:45 AM
Still not worth it in my opinion.

loool
Dec 4, 2013, 02:53 AM
Anyway... does people do SH TACOs outside of Block20? If not what is the best method to play with the Japanese?

nanakatrin
Dec 4, 2013, 03:42 AM
I use this everytime I need people for TAs /o/

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207323

Anyway... does people do SH TACOs outside of Block20? If not what is the best method to play with the Japanese?

You can just replace the VH with SH and it'll be fine.
One time I put VH and started a SH ta by accident and Japanese joined anyway and wanted to do SH.

Crysteon
Dec 4, 2013, 10:25 AM

Still not worth it if your party practically slows you down for the silliest things.

DeificEpyon
Dec 4, 2013, 10:27 AM
Still not worth it if your party practically slows you down for the silliest things.

Or if you frequently solo. I just want my daily meseta over with so I can focus on other things. VH is enough for me at this point.

Coatl
Dec 4, 2013, 10:37 AM
SH TAs aren't really that much slower if you are in a good party. But if you are carrying one or two people, then the time difference is noticable. SH Den gives you 200k completion reward + higher sphere rate + free *10 unit + nove ringahda + Riggshrayda. :I I just can't pass that up.

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 10:38 AM

Or just slower than you lol

SakoHaruo
Dec 4, 2013, 11:49 AM
find a group of good TAers and make sure you bring your tryhard o3o

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 11:55 AM
find a group of good TAers and make sure you bring your tryhard o3o

Tryhards, commonly known as those annoying dashers.

SakoHaruo
Dec 4, 2013, 12:36 PM
I'm assuming you're the opposite of a tryhard so does that mean you're a tryeasy? :-?

I wonder what happens when my tryhard becoming more powerful than my current tryhard levels. Will I transform into a tryharder, and is it as cool as becoming a Super Saiyan? :-o

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm assuming you're the opposite of a tryhard so does that mean you're a tryeasy? :-?

I wonder what happens when my tryhard becoming more powerful than my current tryhard levels. Will I transform into a tryharder, and is it as cool as becoming a Super Saiyan? :-o

I guess you would if got that rare unit from SH abduction.

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2013, 04:11 PM

"Maybe I should just drop this silly dashing crap all together, put auto run on, and chat a bit with the team while running toward that stupid Vol."

Pretty much me every time I run TA on FI.

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 04:17 PM
"Maybe I should just drop this silly dashing crap all together, put auto run on, and chat a bit with the team while running toward that stupid Vol."

Pretty much me every time I run TA on FI.

Same. Personally I dont understand why ppl dash. Its useful in IR and boss eqs like hunar, but not other quests. Is it habit? U wanna look cool?

milranduil
Dec 4, 2013, 04:43 PM
Or maybe people just like to try to be efficient in their time since we spend... idk like 75% of the game walking?

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 04:50 PM
Or maybe people just like to try to be efficient in their time since we spend... idk like 75% of the game walking?

When ur the only dashing in the TA party, u look pretty stupid lol

Shadowth117
Dec 4, 2013, 04:50 PM
Same. Personally I dont understand why ppl dash. Its useful in IR and boss eqs like hunar, but not other quests. Is it habit? U wanna look cool?

Well if Tornado dance ever goes back to its former glory or we get something else like that at some point, then maybe you won't see so much of it. But god, getting form A to B takes far too long with standard walking. I really have to at least be dagger dashing to feel like I'm getting anywhere a lot of the time.

I honestly think dash exploits should be patched out, but SEGA is apparently too lazy to do that even though it lags other players frames down. At least it looks cool.

edit:

You're also usually carrying everyone else's sorry asses too. Fancy that.

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 04:51 PM
Well if Tornado dance ever goes back to its former glory or we get something else like that at some point, then maybe you won't see so much of it. But god, getting form A to B takes far too long with standard walking. I really have to at least be dagger dashing to feel like I'm getting anywhere a lot of the time.

I honestly think dash exploits should be patched out, but SEGA is apparently too lazy to do that even though it lags other players frames down. At least it looks cool.

This. I loved spamming tornado dance back in PSU.

milranduil
Dec 4, 2013, 04:53 PM

That would mean I care about what other people think of me about something as trivial as dashing.... which I don't.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 4, 2013, 05:43 PM

Man, there's a mis-generalization if I've ever heard one..

PokeminMaster
Dec 4, 2013, 05:44 PM
Why are people even arguing about which difficulty to do or how to do them instead of just doing them however they want to; I highly doubt these people will end up together in a party, and even if you sway them to another view, that's still just one person...

Personally, I like SH TA better, though, since it only takes a few minutes more; I also like the EXP, drops, and chance of abduction :3

nanakatrin
Dec 4, 2013, 06:25 PM
That would mean I care about what other people think of me about something as trivial as dashing.... which I don't.

I up this post. Dashing doesn't make anyone look stupid. If you don't know how to dash then don't dismiss it. How about you learn?

Emp
Dec 4, 2013, 06:31 PM
edit:

Ya. Dashers usually give me more reason to just walk and let them do all the work in TAs. Im such a tryeasy lol

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 06:32 PM
I up this post. Dashing doesn't make anyone look stupid. If you don't know how to dash then don't dismiss it. How about you learn?

But how can you learn when you A.) don't have the stuffs to do so B.) keyboard won't allow you to do it or C.) both.

Does being the only dashing make you like stupid in a group of 4? IMO, little weird but seriously no. All dashers want, like everyone does, is to finish whatever the F they are doing faster.

gigawuts
Dec 4, 2013, 06:49 PM
This is why I like knuckle dashing with joy 2 key. All I do is hold 2 buttons (as opposed to the normal requirement of holding attack & pulsing step). If I wanted I could make it 1 button. Fuck, if I wanted I could make that 1 button a toggle.

nanakatrin
Dec 4, 2013, 06:54 PM
But how can you learn when you A.) don't have the stuffs to do so B.) keyboard won't allow you to do it or C.) both.

Does being the only dashing make you like stupid in a group of 4? IMO, little weird but seriously no. All dashers want, like everyone does, is to finish whatever the F they are doing faster.

A) Nishiki+Gunslash -When I'm fo/te I do this.
B) You don't have to do it
C) There's a way to dash for every class. Dashing is possible just needs practice.

I don't care if people dash or not, when I'm doing tas with my team+friends we're really laid back no one usually dashes. Some people do and when they dash I will dash (manners thing), but also wait for my team members. I dislike dashers who just speed in the run and finish before the players have reached the third area.

BIG OLAF
Dec 4, 2013, 06:59 PM
Ya. Dashers usually give me more reason to just walk and let them do all the work in TAs.

That's why I don't really mind it. They want to run ahead and do all the work? Cool with me. Their sperging is my benefit.

What I don't like is when they dash past the enemies and stand at the next door/gate/whatever and wait for you and the others to kill them. Like lol wtf

Remz69
Dec 4, 2013, 07:02 PM
A) Nishiki+Gunslash -When I'm fo/te I do this.

nishiki is the all class TD right ? if not just disregard my post

1: why ? fo/te doesn't have step attack anyway
2: i hope you have a dagger camo otherwise, why !! just why ffs ! do you enjoy being a bad person ? -don't take it too seriously (thought i needed to point that out)-

SakoHaruo
Dec 4, 2013, 07:10 PM
if you're standing in B20 spamming "L4 VH TACOs" or whatever then of course you're going to get walkers. Go to the TA Block and put what you're looking for in the party description. problem solved o3o

As someone who does TAs daily with random EN/JP players in the TA Blocks I never have this problem. Everyone quads or uses some form of travel that is faster than walking.

~Aya~
Dec 4, 2013, 07:12 PM

2-3 minutes shorter? I dunno about you, but with BR and my katana I 1 shot everything and keep on running. SH is like LOLBRWITHKATANACAUSEHPISHIGHER.

Rares? RARES? Those exist? i'd rather take my chances with a particular quest with a high monster encounter rate for those types of monsters that i'm farming or just boss farm the proper area over running a TA on a higher mode with a terrible rate of actually getting anything worth mentioning. SH DD? Just run the EMQ.. it just pops up like magic and it's an MPA with a FAR better rate of getting ANYTHING that DD has to offer simply because of the PSE/CROSS burst potential that it has with.. up to 12 people.

I'll take that VH TACO money as fast as I can while having a chance at getting PS's since that's all you're most likely gonna get anyways.

I also don't mind if you are either slow or don't like to rush or "try hard". Play the way you want to and stick to that if it's what you enjoy most. Just saying that SH TA's are a waste of time in my opnion when my goal is the CO's and not the other little tidbits that I can seriously do without. Put CO's on SH TA's and i'm in.

Shadowth117
Dec 4, 2013, 07:15 PM
Man, there's a mis-generalization if I've ever heard one..

Okay, well granted I'm going off of convenience bias here so forgive me. But most people I know that care enough to dash exploit are doing a better job overall than the ones who aren't. From what I've personally seen, this has been the case in general whether its true for the entire population of PSO2 or not.

All I know is its troublesome when someone or someones in the group are making you go through far, far slower than you should be. Say what you want, but I think most people can agree they don't want to be stuck wasting time because of someone else. And if you're someone with multiple characters for example who wants to get through 2-3 sets of VH TA CO's a day, spending an extra few minutes each mission due to other's incompetence is bothersome. 2 minutes * 15, for each of the missions in each set, adds up to 30 minutes by itself. And I don't know about you, but I can get a lot done in half an hour.

gigawuts
Dec 4, 2013, 07:19 PM
Man what the fuck do you people have going on in your lives where 30 seconds is super important, but you still have time to play a fucking video game?

Put down the controller and go perform that CPR, which is what I'm assuming you have to do after your taco run because of how much you care about finishing 30 seconds faster.

Talking down to people who can't be bothered button mashing in a very specific combination as though they're inferior. Man, there sure are some obnoxious self-important "people" trudging around in here.

Shadowth117
Dec 4, 2013, 07:44 PM
Man what the fuck do you people have going on in your lives where 30 seconds is super important, but you still have time to play a fucking video game?

Put down the controller and go perform that CPR, which is what I'm assuming you have to do after your taco run because of how much you care about finishing 30 seconds faster.

Talking down to people who can't be bothered button mashing in a very specific combination as though they're inferior. Man, there sure are some obnoxious self-important "people" trudging around in here.

To be fair, you make yourself look quite a bit like one of those "obnoxious self-important 'people'" at times. Maybe you're not directing your thoughts at me, but its easy for me to get that feeling from what you said there.

I mean look, if I'm doing tacos with randoms, I'll usually make sure to have 45 minutes to an hour before I need to actually do anything else of importance. I'd love to do tacos in less than half an hour every day, but I don't have people to run with around every time to manage that. But you know, when people decide they're going to drag their feet grabbing their co's, sit around messaging people a lot of the time, and/or take five minutes on for example a boss in nab 2 they themselves went out of their way to choose without letting anyone know, that annoys me.

I'm fairly easy going with such things, but you know when I've set aside some time and it starts going over into where I'll be late for class if I do the last mission or two because people were being lazy, arrogant jerks who expect people to wait on them; that type of thing annoys me. I'm not saying everyone should be octodashing madmen when doing TA's. I'm saying that I'd like people to at least try a little.

That said, I also do get somewhat annoyed by people playing unusually bad as well when they're leveled decently and such, but that's its own thing.

Thino
Dec 4, 2013, 07:47 PM
What I don't like is when they dash past the enemies and stand at the next door/gate/whatever and wait for you and the others to kill them. Like lol wtf

It's kinda weird that people that walk see it that way, but at the same time I can understand where you're coming from.

People that dash usually assume that people behind them can do a certain amount of damage and just go to the barrier/button etc because it makes them reach the next area faster.

It's not a specific behavior to people that walk, even with parties where everyone dashes, the person in last is usually the one that clears trash mobs.

angrysquid
Dec 4, 2013, 07:49 PM
So this all started with "those annoying dashers" and now it's at "obnoxios self-important people" talking down others.
I remember someone saying it was the small niche of dasher who would "eat you alive" ,
oh well lol

gigawuts
Dec 4, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm not saying everyone should be octodashing madmen when doing TA's. I'm saying that I'd like people to at least try a little.

That's fine, I feel the same way. And no, it wasn't directed specifically at you. Half of the thread reeks of 500 pound sweats-so-much-their-glasses-fog-up neckbeards.

People can be 500 pounds and sweat all they want, but they don't get to get mad at other people for being able to fit in a shirt with less than 3 Xs in the size description.

SakoHaruo
Dec 4, 2013, 08:05 PM
Dashing is everything and without three skill points in step, you won't make it in time to protect anyone/anything. That's what they told me when I was a Lv1/30 Fi/Hu :O

My Quad dashing is a tool of justice 8-)

Enforcer MKV
Dec 4, 2013, 08:23 PM
I don't even know what to say.... >_>;

~Aya~
Dec 4, 2013, 08:24 PM
Dashing is everything and without three skill points in step, you won't make it in time to protect anyone/anything. That's what they told me when I was a Lv1/30 Fi/Hu :O

My Quad dashing is a tool of justice 8-)

get at my octo-dashdashdash

I can do that and only did it for like a week and then quit >.>;... got tedious.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 4, 2013, 08:27 PM
That's what they told me when I was a Lv1/30 Fi/Hu :O

My Sword is a tool of justice 8-)corrected Raiden's Quote :wacko:

watched a vid 2 times, tried it out. . .

I just learned how to triple dash using Gunslash :-D
really useful when Step Attack isn't available cause, Gu/RA. :wacko:

milranduil
Dec 4, 2013, 08:30 PM

God forbid people have a personal preference for efficiency that affects no one but themselves.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 4, 2013, 08:40 PM
God forbid people have a personal preference for efficiency that affects no one but themselves.

As long as you're not imposing it/talking down to someone who doesn't octo-dubstep-dash, it isn't a problem.

Also, I hope people don't think they're carrying a group just because they got to a spawn 5 seconds faster, and killed everything (5 seconds is being generous). Groups don't really need more than one tryhard in VH TAs.

~Aya~
Dec 4, 2013, 08:55 PM
As long as you're not imposing it/talking down to someone who doesn't octo-dubstep-dash, it isn't a problem.

Also, I hope people don't think they're carrying a group just because they got to a spawn 5 seconds faster, and killed everything (5 seconds is being generous). Groups don't really need more than one tryhard in VH TAs.

I once let someone dash ahead to kill everything fast as I ran normally. it felt like I was free.. a walk in the park.. it was.. unusual and very calming/soothing. so this is what it feels like from the back of the group.... I kinda liked it at first and then I got bored.

LOL..

Just naturally want to get it over with as fast as possible.. talking down to anyone is actually a terrible thing to do and is usually counter-productive... >__>;;;

milranduil
Dec 4, 2013, 08:55 PM

The only thing I have a problem with is when people dick around and take forever to kill mobs (nab2, sanctum only, really and maybe amduscia) that affects your progressing in the quest. Not going to name names, but when you get to the 2nd set of buttons at the end of sanctum, and someone is STILL killing their Fodoransa in A-1 and didn't bother to ask for help before everyone moved to A-2, then yeah I'm going to be a bit irritated.

Also, if you are arriving AND killing the spawns before anyone else gets there consistently throughout the mission, you are by definition carrying them, not because the other players are bad or anything, but because you are indeed faster. It's not a bad thing, but you are carrying them, essentially.

Coatl
Dec 4, 2013, 11:07 PM
I think that if I tried TAing for a week without dashing at all that I would get so impatient. Walking is just way too slow lol.

I won't lie though, I feel so badass when I get to mobs seconds before the person behind me just because I was sperging, and then I clear all the mobs before they can even lay down a PA. The only thing that can relate to that feeling is when the situation is reveresed and someone is octo-dashing and they just completely demolish a set of spawns before I can touch them. I'm sure they must have been feeling good about it, too. They should, since they've worked for it.

To be a legendary super saiyan sperg and so far ahead of the party, clearing the TA pretty much by themselves. The only thing that I can honestly feel for that is admiration.

Esofor
Dec 4, 2013, 11:13 PM
this is like, the worst thread to have on psow

i'm not gonna read all 5 pages but i have a good idea of what happened already just from coatl's last post

Aeris
Dec 4, 2013, 11:21 PM
SEGA is apparently too lazy to do that even though it lags other players frames down. At least it looks cool.

I get really bad shuttering when 2 or more people are doing it with weapon changing, its like really bad for me.

RadiantLegend
Dec 4, 2013, 11:34 PM
How did we ever survive c-mode on pso1 without dashing?

Enforcer MKV
Dec 4, 2013, 11:35 PM
How did we ever survive c-mode on pso1 without dashing?

Simple! It wasn't necessary to begin with. :p

oratank
Dec 5, 2013, 12:16 AM
my experience without dashing on random SHTA Quad dashing party
they ate rockbar and vol dragon before i get into hans shco range

keywen
Dec 5, 2013, 12:33 AM
People that multi-dash shouldn't look down on those who don't, and vice-versa.

If you want to run ahead and clear all the mobs, that's great, but don't claim you're carrying the group simply because you're impatient. Carrying implies that your teammates are a burden on your progress. However, getting carried implies that you don't need to do any work. The implication is completely different.

I'm all for dashing while it's in the game and has no negative consequences, it's just people's choices on how they want to play the game. If people are waiting on me for an MPA or other event, I will dash. If I just feel like getting whatever I'm doing over with, I will dash. If my dashing is lagging other people, I will stop. However, I cannot be bothered to if I don't feel like it. As someone who frequently multitasks/chats, it's really nice to be able to just set the auto-run and be able to split my attention.

Standard internet arguments to me. Everyone has and tries to force their opinions on others but nobody will agree on anything. It's childish, really.

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2013, 12:47 AM

If you want to run ahead and clear all the mobs, that's great, but don't claim you're carrying the group simply because you're impatient. Carrying implies that your teammates are a burden on your progress. However, getting carried implies that you don't need to do any work. The implication is completely different.

I'm all for dashing while it's in the game and has no negative consequences, it's just people's choices on how they want to play the game. If people are waiting on me for an MPA or other event, I will dash. If I just feel like getting whatever I'm doing over with, I will dash. If my dashing is lagging other people, I will stop. However, I cannot be bothered to if I don't feel like it. As someone who frequently multitasks/chats, it's really nice to be able to just set the auto-run and be able to split my attention.

Standard internet arguments to me. Everyone has and tries to force their opinions on others but nobody will agree on anything. It's childish, really.

/thread

If only more people on the internets thought like you, In a perfect world, simple minded people would keep things simple.

Also to add, if you care so much about how OTHER people play. Then only fuck with people that play the way you would/want them to.

SakoHaruo
Dec 5, 2013, 12:52 AM
Who the hell are these players everyone keeps talking about, and where the hell are you people doing your TACOs?

In the TA blocks everyone (for the most part) adds something to the party description, letting players know what type of playstyle they're looking for before you even get in the party. And.. some even add a password that you must use to join the party, so there's no way you didn't know what was going down before you ran your ass into the portal.

You can't complain about someone walking or dashing when you're the one who didn't read or decided to join a random party that doesn't tell you what the hell is going down. Again, who the hell are these players? where does this shit happen? why the fuck would you join a random party with no description? why the fuck would you create a party and leave the description blank and hope players like you will join?

:-?

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2013, 12:57 AM
They're probably like that one guy that you see in one of out 5 falz elder fights who bitches about arms not being taken out when he's the one dying left and right and doing no damage when arms do come down.

keywen
Dec 5, 2013, 12:58 AM
Who the hell are these players everyone keeps talking about, and where the hell are you people doing your TACOs?

In the TA blocks everyone (for the most part) adds something to the party description, letting players know what type of playstyle they're looking for before you even get in the party. And.. some even add a password that you must use to join the party, so there's no way you didn't know what was going down before you ran your ass into the portal.

You can't complain about someone walking or dashing when you're the one who didn't read or decided to join a random party that doesn't tell you what the hell is going down. Again, who the hell are these players? where does this shit happen? why the fuck would you join a random party with no description? why the fuck would you create a party and leave the description blank and hope players like you will join?

:-?

The answer to every question in your post is:

Are you sure you want to know?[SPOILER-BOX]Like...really sure?[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER]B20:-o[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2013, 01:06 AM

The answer to every question in your post is:

Are you sure you want to know?[SPOILER-BOX]Like...really sure?[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER]B20:-o[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Ahahahahahahahaha...I like you. xD

SakoHaruo
Dec 5, 2013, 01:22 AM
fools complaining about B20 TA runs :disapprove:

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2013, 01:25 AM
Sure is nice to have friends to taco with..

Competent ones.

keywen
Dec 5, 2013, 01:28 AM
There's a level of comfort of when doing B20 TAs, but it's mostly out of habit, considering that's where pretty much every NA player begins their journey into PSO2's PUGs. Including a background of FFXI, where the whole community was basically split into JP and non-JP, the silent pressure of having to exceed their expectations of an NA player makes me lean towards the comfort (can you even call it that?) of B20.

No crusafixerino, plz. It's a horrible excuse, I know...

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2013, 08:05 AM
They're probably like that one guy that you see in one of out 5 falz elder fights who bitches about arms not being taken out when he's the one dying left and right and doing no damage when arms do come down.

This is pretty spot on. In my experience the loudest tryhards are the worst tryhards. Most good tryhards learned long ago that being an obnoxious scumfuck will get people to dislike them, meaning fewer decent players to party with, so they bite their tongue.

They still feel the same way of course; they just don't say those kinds of things as often anymore. Instead they whine endlessly in private comms with their friends making fun of anyone and everyone that isn't exactly as good as they are (or better than them, in some cases).

This is why I only TA with friends. Someone needs to go afk a minute? That's cool. Someone drops? We can reset. Someone is experimenting with a new, terrible build? I'm okay with that. We can only find three people? I don't mind. I play games like this to spend time with e-buds, not hunt items first and chill with e-bros if it's convenient. Doing runs out of TAs, doing runs in TAs, makes no difference to me.

There's difference of opinion, then there's trying to justify being overzealous asshole. Some people should take care to learn the difference.

Kikikiki
Dec 5, 2013, 09:17 AM
if ur a walker ull walk, if ur a dasher ull dash, if ur a launcher ull launch

KazukiQZ
Dec 5, 2013, 11:44 AM
^So, multiclass TD cause lag when switching weapons? Or does TD dash cause the lag too?

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2013, 11:49 AM
Just weapon switching, as it forces the computer to read off the hard drive to dig up the weapon's model and such.

It can be a pretty big irritance for people with older computers.

Bellion
Dec 5, 2013, 11:54 AM
Some weapon models cause frame jumps more than others. Nishiki and T-reaping all class daggers are big offenders and probably are in the tier of worst frame jumping.

If you're able to display your FPS, try switching between a Nishiki and 3* dagger to see the difference in frames. It's not limited to a weapon type, I believe the Lacruio katana types are similar to the frame jumps of Nishiki. It's alright if you don't constantly switch back and forth between them.

Remz69
Dec 5, 2013, 12:01 PM
^So, multiclass TD cause lag when switching weapons? Or does TD dash cause the lag too?

it's a weapon model issue i believe, not really limited to only the all class TD but those are the worst by far (far far far) (makes even less sense when you consider other TDs with the same model aren't as bad, and yet even less when you consider sometimes it doesn't lag you at all)

and no, switching weapon is not the cause of the freezes

Bellion
Dec 5, 2013, 12:07 PM
The amount of frames you lose is also RNG based. If you restart PSO2, you get different levels of crap each time. From unplayable to nothing causes my frames to jump. ┐(‘~`;)┌

What baffles me is something as ugly(imo) and not very detailed as the Mizer Ripper causing quite a bit of frame jumps while the Optreions daggers do little to none. Then again, it could be my toaster not allowing me to see how detailed M. Ripper is.

gigawuts
Dec 5, 2013, 12:15 PM
That's odd. Thinking on it, I have noticed variance with the frame skips myself. I used to get it pretty bad, but now it's not nearly what it was. I just assumed they fixed something.

Remz69
Dec 5, 2013, 12:28 PM
That's odd. Thinking on it, I have noticed variance with the frame skips myself. I used to get it pretty bad, but now it's not nearly what it was. I just assumed they fixed something.

that's always been the big thing about it for me, anything i can suspect to be the cause is out because restarting wouldn't make things any different yet it does

SakoHaruo
Dec 5, 2013, 12:36 PM
the lag is rng. sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't effect you or the player using all classes.

i find it weird that XQ 11* and best 10* with all that detail don't cause any noticeable lag :wacko:

Also, avoid full blocks.

Skyly HUmar
Dec 5, 2013, 01:10 PM
What i hate is when dashers tell me that im going slow even when im killing things faster than they are.

A couple days ago actually, a friend asked me for help with his ta because they needed a 4th. We do nab 1, and me being the only non dasher got left behind, my friend that i was with knows i dont dash because i dont want to shorten my controller's life span, but the other two were literally calling me useless. In nab 2, I killed malmo faster than any of them killed their boss, i was waiting on the switch to get to banther before any of them even stepped onto the tundra, and after we cleared the ruins room they went right back to calling me a scrub.

Well it ended up with me kicking them from the room and setting it to team only lol, me and my friend still finished TA in good time.

I mean its not that im a slow player, i just chose not to dash, its tedious and kills off my controller faster.

HIT0SHI
Dec 5, 2013, 01:37 PM
Good thing I have a launcher for Rodeo Drive to compensate on these situations...
But even then, they still out run me by a mile but at least I can catch up (I haven't ended up with being called down by being a tad slow than them as of yet).

I usually make jokes of Sanik (GottaGoFast.jpg) when these type of scenarios occur just to lighten the mood so, I guess that helps~! :]

Enforcer MKV
Dec 5, 2013, 01:49 PM
I usually make jokes of Sanik (GottaGoFast.jpg) when these type of scenarios occur just to lighten the mood so, I guess that helps~! :]

A good sense of humor tends to help, yeah.

I just don't play with randoms anymore - much more fun and much less tedious that way. xD

SakoHaruo
Dec 5, 2013, 02:09 PM
@Sky that's just a scumbag player.

I've done my tacos with Hitoshi many times. he never dashes or complains about me dashing 24/7 and even though I might get to enemies a few seconds before him he is still efficient as hell during each quest. there's a different between someone who dashes and someone who is a scumbag player using a dash exploit.

Skyly HUmar
Dec 5, 2013, 02:37 PM
@Sky that's just a scumbag player.

I've done my tacos with Hitoshi many times. he never dashes or complains about me dashing 24/7 and even though I might get to enemies a few seconds before him he is still efficient as hell during each quest. there's a different between someone who dashes and someone who is a scumbag player using a dash exploit.

I know it was just them, it just bugs me because that isnt the first time.

~Aya~
Dec 6, 2013, 11:32 AM
C'MON, STEP IT UP! :>

Xaelouse
Dec 6, 2013, 11:50 AM

It's a little silly since TAs are like half the game right now. Some people are just too impatient to return to lobby idling I guess

Bozhestvo
Dec 6, 2013, 02:11 PM
What i hate is when dashers tell me that im going slow even when im killing things faster than they are.

A couple days ago actually, a friend asked me for help with his ta because they needed a 4th. We do nab 1, and me being the only non dasher got left behind, my friend that i was with knows i dont dash because i dont want to shorten my controller's life span, but the other two were literally calling me useless. In nab 2, I killed malmo faster than any of them killed their boss, i was waiting on the switch to get to banther before any of them even stepped onto the tundra, and after we cleared the ruins room they went right back to calling me a scrub.

Well it ended up with me kicking them from the room and setting it to team only lol, me and my friend still finished TA in good time.

I mean its not that im a slow player, i just chose not to dash, its tedious and kills off my controller faster.

People like that are ridiculous, this game more or less is pretty casual. Dashing makes you move faster and what not but I can't even see how that would make you a scrub. Sounds like idiots being hypocritical about being scrubs (They think they're great when they can barely do shit except dash basically) when you're waiting for them to get to Fang. I personally like to dash not because I'm impatient but it keeps my hands active (Not sure if ADHD) but I automatically do it even when my focus is drained and kill any enemies (I kill things and dash around half asleep a lot). I do this even though I know it is extremely bad for my hands and controller. Considering I have bad hands already from all my frivolous gameplay over the years and have already had to fix my controller once because of dashing, I can see why people don't want to dash especially with a controller.