PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Anti-boredom strategy hepl :o

Shinureal
Dec 5, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hello everyone, it's Shinu.
I just wanna ask you guys, what do you usally do when the game gets boring? I mean, something to make it less boring :) and just NOT stop playing, because it's the first time that I get bored in a PS game :(

Gama
Dec 5, 2013, 09:35 AM
i'm unaware of how much people you have to talk to/play with on ship 10, but probbly having more friends around helps.

NexusAZ
Dec 5, 2013, 09:47 AM
I switched up how I played whenever I got bored a little while back. Made another character and started punching things to death. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Kollaps
Dec 5, 2013, 09:48 AM
Try to chill out with friends in their or your room. owo Make some rappy flashmob. Try different kinds of screenshoting/recording on video.

Coatl
Dec 5, 2013, 09:49 AM
When I get bored on PSO2, I just play another game.

Emp
Dec 5, 2013, 09:58 AM
Try other classes. Thats all I can say.

Coatl
Dec 5, 2013, 10:00 AM
You can try another class, hunt rare PAs, make a new character, complete the matterboard. There's really a lot to do so I never truly feel bored. But sometimes you just need a break from the game, too.

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2013, 10:04 AM
I just stop playing, or AFK doing other stuff until a good EQ pops.
PSO2 is designed to stretch things out like that, so it can't be helped that we end up bored.

I'm hoping the upcoming invasion multiparty quest will be interesting.
It definitely sounds like a fairly major departure from the usual.
The game could use a lot more things like it.

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2013, 10:30 AM
-Play 3DS

-Draw

-Play 3DS

-Talk to teammates

-Draw

-Sleep

-Cook

-Clean

-Laundry

-Punch the wall

-Play steam games

-Go shawpping

-Sleep

-Draw

-Eat

-Play 3DS

-Watch terrible anime

-Talk to Aya

-Write

-Draw

-Clean

-Talk to friends

-Watch 80's anime

-Browse tumblr

-Draw

-Cook

-Make shitty dance music

-TACOs

-Draw

-Play 3DS

-Shower

-Sleep

-Talk to Aya

-Sleep

(All in the timespan of 10 minutes then repeat)

Rashiid
Dec 5, 2013, 10:34 AM
I vote for trying new classes, even ones outside of your comfort zone.

Agitated_AT
Dec 5, 2013, 11:07 AM
Dude stop wasting your time. amazing games have been coming out this holiday season. There's no reason for you to constrain yourself. You're making a big mistake torturing yourself like that.

It's not weird that you're getting bored. I think most of us do because the game, while its amazing mechanics, just isn't very engaging.

Play games for fun, not because you feel obliged for whatever reason. It's good to give a game a fair chance, but if you're not having fun, honestly I think you should just snap yourself out of the obligation of "having to" play the game.

Emp
Dec 5, 2013, 11:09 AM
You can try another class, hunt rare PAs, make a new character, complete the matterboard. There's really a lot to do so I never truly feel bored. But sometimes you just need a break from the game, too.

Make sure the break isnt too long. My friend just came back from break, and he feel so out of the loop.

Shinureal
Dec 5, 2013, 11:11 AM
-Play 3DS

-Draw

-Play 3DS

-Talk to teammates

-Draw

-Sleep

-Cook

-Clean

-Laundry

-Punch the wall

-Play steam games

-Go shawpping

-Sleep

-Draw

-Eat

-Play 3DS

-Watch terrible anime

-Talk to Aya

-Write

-Draw

-Clean

-Talk to friends

-Watch 80's anime

-Browse tumblr

-Draw

-Cook

-Make shitty dance music

-TACOs

-Draw

-Play 3DS

-Shower

-Sleep

-Talk to Aya

-Sleep

Looooooooool you made my day.
I'd like to draw but I lost all my motivations lately, the tablet is catching more and more dust, even my signature is still waiting days ago to be completed....Maybe I'm just too lazy and demanding that the game entertainments me.

The Walrus
Dec 5, 2013, 11:11 AM
Honestly I just go play something else. No reason to force yourself to keep playing something if you find it boring.

But yeah just do the matterboards or something and get the story patch if you haven't already.

Keyblade59
Dec 5, 2013, 11:17 AM
Make new friends, chat with them in blocks, and frantically wave your hands in the air until an EQ shows up, then take your new friends for a test drive. If they refuse to res you at anyone point during that falz arms run and you just happened to get 3 elder fists that you could cube but they restart the quest anyway, they are not your friends. Also force them to go to your house, play on yoga mats while you watch.

If all else fails you peep your head in for EQs and disappear for prolong periods of time, then explain to your team that you were kidnapped by the ottoman empire.

Emp
Dec 5, 2013, 11:24 AM
When all else fails, find out what bosses that u are the give the most difficulty. Solo them til u do not take any dmg/do not die ever anymore.

Shinureal
Dec 5, 2013, 03:24 PM
Or maybe I just lost my gaming power. There's that 360 RPG that I was looking for and that I just got lately (Last Remnant), I watched the intro and then I shut the 360 down and it's catching dust for days now...Argh maybe I'll just hang out with team members tonight or I'll do some matter board.
The problem why I wrote this threat is that this the first PS game that made me bored sometimes, and I found it kinda sad :(

PS:

If all else fails you peep your head in for EQs and disappear for prolong periods of time, then explain to your team that you were kidnapped by the ottoman empire.

Lol the Otooman empire, It would be a great idea for some PSO2 role playing :D

Emp
Dec 5, 2013, 03:39 PM
Or maybe I just lost my gaming power. There's that 360 RPG that I was looking for and that I just got lately (Last Remnant), I watched the intro and then I shut the 360 down and it's catching dust for days now...Argh maybe I'll just hang out with team members tonight or I'll do some matter board.
The problem why I wrote this threat is that this the first PS game that made me bored sometimes, and I found it kinda sad :(

PS:

Lol the Otooman empire, It would be a great idea for some PSO2 role playing :D

Ya its kinda boring early on. I personally had it bad cause, on my old team, no one really helped me level. My team taught me how to ta and do falz but getting the levels was something I had to do on my own cause the team had other interests.

I can garuntee it gets alot more fun the closer u are to the cap lvl. Youll be experimenting in builds that arent cookie cutter and maybe find a class that you lik better than the class u originally intended. But seeing from what youve said, you might not have that energy or strive, at the moment, to get out of the lowbie hole (please do not think Im insulting you, I am not trying to) and experience the glory(that also inevitably leads to boredom because drip feeds us bullshit)

Scale of Judgment
Dec 5, 2013, 04:07 PM
When I get bored. I start doing my work...

Vintasticvin
Dec 5, 2013, 05:33 PM
A nice walk at the park and some portabella mushrooms then go log into WoW and hang out on a particular server's first human quest village and read the spammy goodness.

EvilMag
Dec 5, 2013, 05:34 PM
log off and play better games.

Lillie_Mae
Dec 5, 2013, 05:45 PM
Wait... Phantasy Star gets boring!? O.O

Shakuri
Dec 5, 2013, 05:52 PM

For how long have you been playing this game?

Emp
Dec 5, 2013, 05:53 PM
For how long have you been playing this game?

I can safely assume, not very long. Lol

Vintasticvin
Dec 5, 2013, 06:22 PM
Yeah Lillie is brand spanking new to the game so everything magical and sparkly.

Edson Drake
Dec 5, 2013, 07:22 PM
Doing TACOs and EQs all the time makes the game gets tiring real fast, it becomes hard labor work without enough pay. Hey, meseta is fine, but give the those 11* already!

Grindy games makes us feel like that, you will do TACOs anyway and get burn out. Play something else(bought 3 games in Steam sales), study(I am a week off PSO2 because of studies), or do something else. Any game, eventually will get boring if overplayed, it's normal, nothing wrong with it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 5, 2013, 07:25 PM
The best thing to do is do something else that interests you
Then never come back

strikerhunter
Dec 5, 2013, 07:26 PM
What to do when I'm bored of PSO2?

-Do daily shenanigans while doing more other shenanigans.
-Talk to team.
-Do self challenges and self goals <----This I do this for fun.
-Do stuffs with team.
-Mess around with team/friends.
-RP whenever I can.

Overall, I keep things fun by switching between different games to keep the feeling fresh so that I don't get bored so fucken easily. (however they are all getting dam boring because I already mastered most of my games, dammit PS4 launch titles why must you suck.)

OP: If you are starting to find things boring, either find things you consider Fun and do it until it becomes boring or take a break from the game or..................stop playing games so much. Playing too much of any game will make it dull.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 5, 2013, 08:18 PM
There must be something wrong with me, I've put 8 and a 1/2 months on this and my day isn't complete without atleast touching the game and chatting.

I do find it boring but *Den EQ announcement* yay or *Interrupt Ranking announcement* yay or *Boost Event on explorations* yay also lol

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2013, 08:49 PM
All joking aside doing something else is probably best. Forcing yourself to play a game when you get bored just causes you to start resenting it. So when I'm bored I do other stuff until I feel like playing again.

MetalDude
Dec 6, 2013, 12:03 AM
I do the same because I otherwise go on a hate week and bash the shit out of this game. It simply doesn't have that great of a lasting appeal on the gameplay front.

roosyval
Dec 6, 2013, 03:34 AM
play with another class
fighting boss using weapon type u rarely use
hunting player to add as friends in MPA (lol)

Jungo Torii
Dec 6, 2013, 04:09 AM
I go play something else.

Which is probably going to happen even more often considering I'm getting a better computer very soon and can run ALL THE GAMES instead of MOST OF THE GAMES (AT LOW SETTINGS).

I think I'll forever be stuck at level 61. Just can't find any motivation to actually go reach cap. Do log on every now and then for chatting though.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 6, 2013, 04:25 AM
When I get bored I just afk-mag feed while playing something else. 175 DEX mag takes ages after all.

Shinureal
Dec 6, 2013, 06:15 AM
I usally don't care about a game if it sucks, I just forget about it and start playing something better. So, you guys are fully right, but like I said before; it's Phantasy Star, and I'm a huge fan of the serie, so, the game being boring makes me kinda sad :)

hunting player to add as friends in MPA (lol)

LOL, don't worry, I already mastered this awesome technik :D

And for the ones asking how long I'm into PSO2, I'll say about a year, but I don't play that much, work and studies keeping me busy.

roosyval
Dec 6, 2013, 06:58 AM

ohh, would you be so kind to teach me till i master it? mr? ms? :-D

BlueCast Boy
Dec 6, 2013, 10:51 AM
If get bored I usually just zoom in on the screen, view the camera on the opposite side so you can see the face and go move around looking cool... play some pa's that interested in to play with, works every time I march on any free explorations.

Pugas87
Dec 6, 2013, 03:53 PM
I say change your play style. Doesn't matter if you change class or change weapons or just change PAs. Someone posted earlier, step outside your comfort zone. I just tried using a new PA after having used the same three for a long time. I didnt like it at first and I wanted to switch back, but after using it in different scenarios I started liking it and having more fun exploring its uses.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Dec 6, 2013, 03:57 PM
Watch Valvrave

The Walrus
Dec 6, 2013, 07:03 PM
Watch Valvrave

http://www.entravity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/valvrave-4T-shouko-sashinami.jpg

Zorafim
Dec 6, 2013, 07:22 PM
-Draw

Update your thread.

-Punch the wall

Are your fists strong enough to put a hole in it yet? House walls are pretty fragile. Unless you're striking concrete walls?

-Talk to Aya

When's the wedding?

-Make shitty dance music

Update your thread Make a new thread.

-Sleep

How... what? My naps take five hours!

I'd like to draw but I lost all my motivations lately, the tablet is catching more and more dust, even my signature is still waiting days ago to be completed....Maybe I'm just too lazy and demanding that the game entertainments me.

I spend a bunch of my time on the fanarts forum. If that's not doing it for you, see about the Phantasy Star (http://phantasy-star-arts.deviantart.com/) group on Deviant Art. Qoxolg hosts a monthly contest that I always love entering (great for song themes).

...then go log into WoW and...

Is the new raid any good? I only got through the first two wings. I've been meaning to find out what happens to Garrosh.

Yeah. Easily. The problem with this game is that there's just nothing to do. And whatever there is to do gets old quick. The game is great when you're unlocking everything and you have a bunch of specific quests. But once those go away, there's nothing left.

Why are there so many interesting things in this topic?

.Jack
Dec 7, 2013, 02:18 AM
If you're playing this on a laptop you can easily watch something and play at the same time. Doing this never makes the game boring for myself. ~Netflix ^^

Zorafim
Dec 7, 2013, 02:31 AM
Ah, the old watch TV while you play routine. I used to do this while grinding in WoW. And every other MMO ever.
Really though, if you have to resort to this method, it means that what you're watching and playing are half as entertaining as something that you should be doing. If you have to resort to it, it's time to do something else.

.Jack
Dec 7, 2013, 03:38 AM
Ah, the old watch TV while you play routine. I used to do this while grinding in WoW. And every other MMO ever.
Really though, if you have to resort to this method, it means that what you're watching and playing are half as entertaining as something that you should be doing. If you have to resort to it, it's time to do something else.

It applies to what you do in the game and what you consider as fun. I wouldn't put this in any method category. If someone likes to multitask it doesn't necessarily mean that they are bored with one or the other and should move on to something else.

Agitated_AT
Dec 8, 2013, 03:02 AM
I usally don't care about a game if it sucks, I just forget about it and start playing something better. So, you guys are fully right, but like I said before; it's Phantasy Star, and I'm a huge fan of the serie, so, the game being boring makes me kinda sad :)

And for the ones asking how long I'm into PSO2, I'll say about a year, but I don't play that much, work and studies keeping me busy.

Believe me, you're not the only one that wishes the game wasn't boring. My love for PSO is great

FacelessRed
Dec 8, 2013, 07:26 AM
Enjoy time with your friends! and yourself! (but there does need to be some damn minigames. Cmon Sega.. Put a Genesis emulator arcade in the game! Games can be drops!)

http://imgur.com/a/66VpB
http://i.imgur.com/xRw927vh.png

~Aya~
Dec 8, 2013, 09:06 AM
-start a family

-eat healthy

-eat carrots

-eat tomatos

-eat healthy

-start a family

-watch music videos

-talk to rock

-talk to friends

-eat family

-play final fantasy vi

-read a book

-Randomfriendencounterthathangsiutanddrinksallmyliq uor

-talk to friends

-throwmyfriendout

-play steam game with rock/friends

-go swimming in my pool

-listen to rock's cheesey 80's dialogue

-play guitar

-forget to add everything else I do

-repeat

-draw

Ezodagrom
Dec 8, 2013, 09:43 AM
Yeah. Easily. The problem with this game is that there's just nothing to do. And whatever there is to do gets old quick. The game is great when you're unlocking everything and you have a bunch of specific quests. But once those go away, there's nothing left.

Believe me, you're not the only one that wishes the game wasn't boring. My love for PSO is great

For me this is true for any online phantasy star game, once you do "everything" there's nothing to do, but, what makes these games last is having others to play with.

PSO, once I finally got to play online (PSOBB...somewhere not official) I never really tried to play with anyone other than my brother, so once I reached ultimate it got boring very fast.

PSU, as long as I had friends the game lasted (though the slow updates in the english version were annoying), once most friends quit, I lost interest in playing.
Tried to play PSU JP when the 3rd part of the supplemental update was announced, while I played for a while, it just wasn't interesting (I barely knew anyone there).

PSO2, so far I have plenty of goals and have a nice team, so I still have alot to play...though, now I'm having to take a complete break from playing games due to some health issues... =w=;;

strikerhunter
Dec 8, 2013, 09:54 AM
-start a family

-start a family

-eat family

Wait what?!

~Aya~
Dec 8, 2013, 01:09 PM
Wait what?!

Eat family.. LOOOOOL....

strikerhunter
Dec 8, 2013, 01:38 PM
Eat family.. LOOOOOL....

Cannibal :nono:

Shinureal
Dec 9, 2013, 08:42 AM
Hmmm eating family looks very tasty, maybe I'll start with mom and my little brother, yam yam.

Agitated_AT
Dec 10, 2013, 05:22 AM
For me this is true for any online phantasy star game, once you do "everything" there's nothing to do, but, what makes these games last is having others to play with.

PSO, once I finally got to play online (PSOBB...somewhere not official) I never really tried to play with anyone other than my brother, so once I reached ultimate it got boring very fast.

PSU, as long as I had friends the game lasted (though the slow updates in the english version were annoying), once most friends quit, I lost interest in playing.
Tried to play PSU JP when the 3rd part of the supplemental update was announced, while I played for a while, it just wasn't interesting (I barely knew anyone there).

PSO2, so far I have plenty of goals and have a nice team, so I still have alot to play...though, now I'm having to take a complete break from playing games due to some health issues... =w=;;With the flow of content PSO2 receives I think a legit sequel wouldn't really bore me this soon. Although I can't be sure because this is an "if" scenario. And a legit sequel is subjective to anyone.

Ezodagrom
Dec 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
With the flow of content PSO2 receives I think a legit sequel wouldn't really bore me this soon. Although I can't be sure because this is an "if" scenario. And a legit sequel is subjective to anyone.
Someone who tries to have a goal or multiple goals will not get bored so easily, playing with others (depending on the type of people, of course) can also help alot with boredom, someone who doesn't have a goal or is always looking at the game in a negative way will get bored easily.

Of course the game does have many design flaws, there's no denying that... Arks quests and free fields, while I find them okay as an introduction to new areas, they're terrible as long term content.

Personally I wish there were more varied types of quests that aren't locked behind RNG or quests that don't have weird restrictions.

By weird restrictions I mean quests like advance quests or extreme quests (capsules for AQs, daily passes for XQs, though AQs aren't as bad as XQs when it comes to restrictions).

By quests locked behind RNG I mean quests like darker's den or the new survival emergency quest that is being released next week...
Survival/endless nightmare/mass effect multiplayer styled quests, that would have been a nice permanent type of quest....

TL;DR: PSO2 lacks variety, but I think it can still be fun with others or when the player has a goal in mind.

The Walrus
Dec 10, 2013, 11:27 AM
Don't see the point to having goals outside of leveling up and I guess discs since drop rates are atrocious :/

oratank
Dec 10, 2013, 12:09 PM
conquest symbol art

jooozek
Dec 10, 2013, 12:09 PM
i shit a brick every time i hear "goal" in context of pso2
you can't have goals in this game
at best you can have dreams that won't be fullfilled till the day you die

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2013, 02:05 PM
Level cap seems easy enough. As is completing the story missions. Maybe completing the matterboard is possible, if you get lucky with the drops. Completing all the COs is possible, too. And getting every accessory that would complete your look is possible as well. Pretty much the only thing that's not possible is capping every class, or obtaining rares.

The Walrus
Dec 10, 2013, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure Hrith(sp?) capped all the classes

Z-0
Dec 10, 2013, 02:57 PM
I capped all the classes one month after the 60 level cap came out.

I could very easily do it now if I had the drive to play. Levelling is the least of anyone's worries if you play on a regular basis.

Valimer
Dec 10, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hey, maybe the new "weapon customization system" will spark some new life into the game and add a little more depth (if its stat related)

Or it could just be another rage inducing RNG mechanic.

Lillie_Mae
Dec 10, 2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah Lillie is brand spanking new to the game so everything magical and sparkly.

Actually Lillie is not new to Phantasy Star, just PSO2. Lillie played PSU and it never ever got boring. Lillie does not understand how it can get boring.. do you just not have any friends? Friends are a key to making any game fun!

DreXxiN
Dec 10, 2013, 07:27 PM
When I got bored of PSO2, I just went and played better games; worked pretty well for me so far.

>;^)

The Walrus
Dec 10, 2013, 07:34 PM
Actually Lillie is not new to Phantasy Star, just PSO2. Lillie played PSU and it never ever got boring. Lillie does not understand how it can get boring.. do you just not have any friends? Friends are a key to making any game fun!

Because it's easy to run out of things you can realistically accomplish.

Lillie_Mae
Dec 10, 2013, 09:06 PM
But... You don't need things to accomplish.. Just friends to hang out with and have random shenanigans!

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 09:17 PM
yes they do.:wacko:

considering you're in an RP group, try to feel those who aren't Rp-ing :wacko:

Lillie_Mae
Dec 10, 2013, 09:26 PM
Actually we don't RP very often, we usually just end up hanging out and having shenanigans.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 09:40 PM
chat groupie then :wacko:

things is, some players work hard to get their damage to blarghrgrgh level.
when they do accomplish it, they end up as lobbyderpers.

Lillie_Mae
Dec 10, 2013, 10:03 PM
So lobbyderpers have no friends?

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
they wait for them

Jay6
Dec 10, 2013, 10:15 PM
I mainly do whatever emergencies come up, listen to drama within my team (it's starting to get boring), change up my play style a bit (I have multiple force/techer skill trees, and multiple characters), rare hunt (most boring thing ever to pursue with little to no results), weapon grinding (wasted meseta!), make symbol arts (the last one I made is from Kill la Kill, and tells you to "Get Naked!"), do Team Orders, MPA grindfest, dance... Or just play a different game, and just magfeed, and send partner characters on COs.

Lillie_Mae
Dec 10, 2013, 10:15 PM
But they never come?

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 10:34 PM
usually takes days lol

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 10, 2013, 10:59 PM
"If you build it, he will come."

Dzusaki
Dec 10, 2013, 11:23 PM
Walk circles around people in the lobby. Always works for me.

Squall179
Dec 10, 2013, 11:29 PM
I roleplay. Ship 02 community on Block 30!

Shinureal
Dec 11, 2013, 07:27 AM
Walk circles around people in the lobby. Always works for me.

Lol, or just walk slowly around just to make keyboard users angry. :D

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 07:36 AM
^Regarding that.....:etongue::nono::no::chuck-ball::bash::rant::argh::ak:
[SPOILER-BOX]No matter.
*Grab a controller*
*Plug-in*

Now I'm the twin keybaord+mouse and gamepad user! :D[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Walrus
Dec 11, 2013, 10:52 AM
But... You don't need things to accomplish.. Just friends to hang out with and have random shenanigans!

Nope. Need something to actually do that isn't tedious or fucking retarded, which just so happens to be most things in this game.

>Leveling
-Too slow and dull without a large party running in circles for hours which is kind of dull itself

>Plot
-Matterboard so incredibly dull

>Hunting PA's
-lol rng

>Hunting Rares
-laughinggirls.jpg

>Grinding Rares
-dudupocalypse

>Customizing your characters appearance
-Sure why not, takes like 5 minutes to search for and buy the stuff I can afford each scratch while checking out all the things I'll be forever too poor to get.

There really isn't anything else to do in the game. Running areas just for fun is dull after the 10000000000th time when you have nothing to accomplish. Chatting with people is pointless since we have skype and can chat while playing other games with stuff to actually do. We don't RP....ssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo yeah nothing to do.

Chik'Tikka
Dec 11, 2013, 01:37 PM
hmm.. when you get bored of PSO2.... i like to take advantage of the fact it's Free to Play and play a different game til i'm ready to come back to PSO2+^_^+

Shinureal
Dec 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
Just at times like this when I'm willing to play, thank to the synergy of those great people, that the update takes foreverrrrrrrrr

PS: I like the fact that no one mentioned the typo in the title of this thread :D

The Walrus
Dec 11, 2013, 02:28 PM
I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it.

Max2001
Dec 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it.

Me neither!

On the topic - I've seen this topic (or one just like it) for just about every video game I've ever visited a forum for. Going all the way back to the early 2000's and the early days of GameFAQs.

Personally, I think a person should play a game to have fun, move on (or take a break) when it's not fun. /shrug

WildarmsRE5
Dec 11, 2013, 08:08 PM
Nope. Need something to actually do that isn't tedious or fucking retarded, which just so happens to be most things in this game.

>Leveling
-Too slow and dull without a large party running in circles for hours which is kind of dull itself

>Plot
-Matterboard so incredibly dull

>Hunting PA's
-lol rng

>Hunting Rares
-laughinggirls.jpg

>Grinding Rares
-dudupocalypse

-Sure why not, takes like 5 minutes to search for and buy the stuff I can afford each scratch while checking out all the things I'll be forever too poor to get.
>Leveling
-done

>Plot
-Matterboard done that falz apprentice is Afin's sister, the story is actually getting me.

>Hunting PA's
-done getting all my essential PA's, so I'm done.

>Hunting Rares
-still hunting for units, friggin leg unit. then a Proper TMG and I'm set.

>Grinding Rares
-If I did my Holy Ray with less than 600k, and my H10 missuori almost a straight slope grinding if I graphed it. . . I'm ready to go to Ragnarok.

-*Turning on Giga-Tenacity to buy something you want so badly mode*

Lillie_Mae
Dec 12, 2013, 05:11 PM
You all must just be doing it wrong or something.

AlaskanKactus
Dec 12, 2013, 06:32 PM
Easy, starve yourself from PSO2. If you do anything that eats up a lot of your time (student, hardcore work, family) then get the tray alert program that AIDA (and team) released.

Seeing an EQ pop up on the corner of your screen but not being able to participate in it will eventually build excitement for the game again. At least that what it does to me :)

If you have unlimited free time (like I once did) then play other games or marathon tv shows/anime. Revive old hobbies.

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2013, 06:34 PM
You all must just be doing it wrong or something.

lolno

Lillie_Mae
Dec 13, 2013, 04:32 PM
lolno

If you were doing it right you wouldn't be bored.

Shinureal
Dec 13, 2013, 05:52 PM
Come on guys, don't fight :p

I guess everyone has his unique way of doing the game right.

For me I guess I'll be enjoying the game soon because I was (and we'll be for good a while) too busy lately and didn't have time to play. So from now on, I won't be able to get bored from the game till vocation :D

Kondibon
Dec 13, 2013, 06:01 PM
People get bored with stuff eventually. There's no "doing it wrong". It's better to acknowledge that you're bored and do something else than to try and force yourself to play when you don't feel like it.

Like I said when this thread was new, doing that would just make you resent the game completely.

Though, I have a question. How long have you been playing? XD

Shinureal
Dec 13, 2013, 06:11 PM
Maybe I said it before, but I guess it's about a year now. It's a shame, I should be cap level by the time :D. But I can't help it, I live in two places, one with good adsl connection, and other where I only use a wireless modem, which is shitty and enable to update the game, so when an update is needed, I just have to wait till I go to other place.

The Walrus
Dec 13, 2013, 06:58 PM

You're funny.

Lillie_Mae
Dec 13, 2013, 09:14 PM
Lillie has been playing Phantasy Star for a while.. Lillie played PSU for about 2 or 3 years without getting bored and PSO2 is a dumbed down version of PSU pretty much. Lillie just doesn't get bored with the game ever because HAVING AWESOME FRIENDS and being the leader of an ACTIVE TEAM makes the game very enjoyable. There is no way Lillie could ever get bored with it!

Emp
Dec 13, 2013, 09:27 PM
Lillie has been playing Phantasy Star for a while.. Lillie played PSU for about 2 or 3 years without getting bored and PSO2 is a dumbed down version of PSU pretty much. Lillie just doesn't get bored with the game ever because HAVING AWESOME FRIENDS and being the leader of an ACTIVE TEAM makes the game very enjoyable. There is no way Lillie could ever get bored with it!

Either I read a ton of sarcasm, or you sound like u never ventured out of the pso realm ever.

The Walrus
Dec 13, 2013, 09:33 PM

Good for you.

You have proven that friendship is all you need to make a shit game not boring. I am happy for you.

Alas I need more than that to not get bored of a game.

Shinureal
Dec 14, 2013, 02:57 PM
People with high expectation get easily bored...That's a fact.

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2013, 03:11 PM
Heh, clearly.