PDA

View Full Version : what is your controller button commands?

Takaaaa
Dec 5, 2013, 05:19 PM
Greetings
I was just wondering what controller and button command you have set up?

I use a xbox 360 controller and use the default settings. But I have no button left for locking on, when I change to ranged weapons. So I have to press Q key fast to lock on. kind of a pain...

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2013, 05:25 PM
360 controller with default commands. Not sure about this locking on mechanic as I just generally use the regular targeting system to track my attacks.

Darki
Dec 5, 2013, 07:00 PM
Greetings
I was just wondering what controller and button command you have set up?

I use this controller:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81HeEm2lBtL._SX466_.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

So my setup is not too similar to the typical gamepad, but in theory this one could be played like any other 360 pad, only that click buttons would be right bumper/trigger and mouse movement would be right stick.

However, most of my button setup comes from using Xpadder.

I use a xbox 360 controller and use the default settings. But I have no button left for locking on, when I change to ranged weapons. So I have to press Q key fast to lock on. kind of a pain...

What exactly is your button setup? I don't remember how was the default settings but I'd have sworn that lock-on was on right bumper or trigger. I doubt you don't have space for locking on, when I played with a regular gamepad I had two buttons for this (one for lock-on, another to switch targets, before they added that action to the right stick). And my gamepad had one button less than a 360 one. I can't imagine how'd you run out of space unless you have all map and menu buttons wasting space there.

If I played with a 360 gamepad, I'd consider these presets:

A -> Attack
B -> Jump/cancel
X -> Access/pickup/accept
Y -> PA/Technic

(The default one would be the same but with A -> Access and X -> Attack. I think swapping them is more useful because you can push both A or Y buttons together with B, so you can jump while casting techs. I know other people have no problems pressing X and B together but I have Sausage Thumb Syndrome, lol).

Start -> Area map
Select -> Main menu

LB -> Evasion/move left menu
RB -> Guard/weapon action
LT -> Lock-on/move right menu
RT -> Use subpalette

D-Pad up/down -> Palette access
D-Pad right/left -> Navigate subpalette

Left stick -> Autorun
Right Stick -> TPS mode

(Then you activate target switch with right stick and you are all set).

The only thing you'd require to use from keyboard would be subpalette commands. When I played like this, I'd just use the subpalette key for a single spell, then use everything else in subpalette from keyboard. Alternatively, you can use Xpadder to add extra functions to your gamepad in the form of hold/tap, macros or combination buttons, but that's kinda more complex.

Rashiid
Dec 5, 2013, 07:38 PM
I use default I believe. My lock-on is...either left or right bumper. One of them had an empty command slot. I still sit in front of my laptop so if I need to access my Map I can just hit the key for it.

Takaaaa
Dec 5, 2013, 08:49 PM
I use this controller:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81HeEm2lBtL._SX466_.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

So my setup is not too similar to the typical gamepad, but in theory this one could be played like any other 360 pad, only that click buttons would be right bumper/trigger and mouse movement would be right stick.

However, most of my button setup comes from using Xpadder.

What exactly is your button setup? I don't remember how was the default settings but I'd have sworn that lock-on was on right bumper or trigger. I doubt you don't have space for locking on, when I played with a regular gamepad I had two buttons for this (one for lock-on, another to switch targets, before they added that action to the right stick). And my gamepad had one button less than a 360 one. I can't imagine how'd you run out of space unless you have all map and menu buttons wasting space there.

If I played with a 360 gamepad, I'd consider these presets:

A -> Attack
B -> Jump/cancel
X -> Access/pickup/accept
Y -> PA/Technic

(The default one would be the same but with A -> Access and X -> Attack. I think swapping them is more useful because you can push both A or Y buttons together with B, so you can jump while casting techs. I know other people have no problems pressing X and B together but I have Sausage Thumb Syndrome, lol).

Start -> Area map
Select -> Main menu

LB -> Evasion/move left menu
RB -> Guard/weapon action
LT -> Lock-on/move right menu
RT -> Use subpalette

D-Pad up/down -> Palette access
D-Pad right/left -> Navigate subpalette

Left stick -> Autorun
Right Stick -> TPS mode

(Then you activate target switch with right stick and you are all set).

The only thing you'd require to use from keyboard would be subpalette commands. When I played like this, I'd just use the subpalette key for a single spell, then use everything else in subpalette from keyboard. Alternatively, you can use Xpadder to add extra functions to your gamepad in the form of hold/tap, macros or combination buttons, but that's kinda more complex.

My L bumper is change view; L trigger is to use items the sub-palette. My R bumper is guard and R trigger is my dash.
That's default settings. But I wouldnt mind changing my L trigger to lock-on but I cant seem to do that.
For some reason the "lock-on" option is where its like youre shooting in first person with the crosshairs in a fixed location on the screen. but on the keyboard, the Q is "lock-on" and locks on to a single target, which I want to do on the controller. Cant figure it out.

r00tabaga
Dec 5, 2013, 09:30 PM
I made mine like the Vita controls.
A is jump/cancel
B is pick up/accept
X is attack
Y is PA
left d-pad is auto run
right d-pad is TPS
up/down d-pad for subpallet
LB is lock-on
LT is action pallette although I use hotkeys 1-9
RB is guard
RT is dodge

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2013, 09:44 PM
Do you have anything set to L3 and R3? (pressing the sticks) I have auto run set to L3 and tps mode set to R3. My Dpad is set for doing pallet stuff (left/right to change which sub palette thing I have selected, and up/down to change weapons).

My A/B/X/Y are all set up the same as r00tabaga's

Left/right d-pad switches between selections on the sub palette
Up and down switches between weapons
LB=lock
LT=dodge
RB=Weapon action (blocking etc)
RT=subpalette

Gama
Dec 6, 2013, 12:24 AM
I have this lil guy for over 8 years.

http://www.finktecnologia.com.br/Eshop.Admin/Imagens/fink/Dual%20Action.jpg

X 1 = first pa/tech
A 2 = jump
B 3 = go back
Y 4 = second pa/tech
LB 5 = lockon i think
RB 6 = weapon action
LT 7 = shift command
RT 8 = mirage/step/barrel roll
Back 9 = lobby menu thing
Start 10 = main menu
L3 11 = modified to activate shortcut word
R3 12 = fps mode

LT - 7+button 1 = subpallete 1 set to resta
LT - 7+button 4 = subpallete 2 set to anti
LT - 7+button 3 = subpallete 3 set to moon atomizer
LT - 7+button 9 = subpallete 4 set to wand lovers
LT - 7+button 10 = subpallete 5 set to territory burst
LT - 7+numpad up = subpallete 6 set to brave stance
LT - 7+numpad down = subpallete 7 set to wise stance
LT - 7+numpad left = subpallete 8 set to shifta
LT - 7+numpad right =subpallete 9 set to deband
LT - 7+L3 =subpallete 0 set to pb

LT - 7+L2 =Hello shortcut word
LT - 7+R2 =Bye Bye shortcut word

its all done with its own profiler.

The Walrus
Dec 6, 2013, 12:27 AM
Standard 360 control scheme except with Lock On moved to LT, weapon action being LB, PA being RB, and subpalette select being Y.

Oh and map is L3.

landman
Dec 6, 2013, 04:15 AM
I used to use default with:

Switched A-B
Switched RB-LB (so the alternate PA button stays the same in TPS mode)
Added large map on L3 (both configurations)
Attack and PA for TPS mode put on RB and RT (evasion went to X and lock on is unused on TPS)
And I think the default for TPS was already R3

Recently I've changed the normal targeting configuration to be the same as the TPS one, so X is evasion and Y is lock on.

Inazuma
Dec 6, 2013, 05:48 AM
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Razer-Sabertooth.jpg
http://www.hd-tecnologia.com/imagenes/articulos/2013/01/Razer-sabertooth-2.jpg

I use the Razer Sabertooth Xbox 360 controller. Most of my controls are setup with JoyToKey.

http://www-en.jtksoft.net/

From my controller, in addition to all of the normal controls, I have:

- All 10 subpallet keys
- All 10 chat shortcuts
- All 6 weapon change shortcuts
- Turbo E (for picking up items fast)
- Auto item pickup ON/OFF toggle key
- Large and small map toggles
- Change target
- Menu
- Quick menu
- Nearby players menu shortcut
- Friend list menu shortcut
- Mag menu shortcut
- Weapon pallet menu shortcut
- Unit menu shortcut
- Subpallet menu shortcut (for changing subpallet books quickly)
- Mail menu shortcut
- Client order menu shortcut
- Zoom out
- Autorun/follow

The Razer Sabertooth is the best controller I've ever used, but it breaks very easily. If you want to use it, buy two of them so you can use one while the other is sent out for replacement. Keep alternating between the two of them as they continue to break. It will cost roughly $200 per year plus $5 every time you have to ship a broken one back to Razer for replacement.

Shinureal
Dec 6, 2013, 06:00 AM
360 controller with default setting, I believe the Lock on is RB, you can switch target with right stick, and manually aiming is pushing the right stick (aka R3). The left stick botton (aka L3) has no function, so I use it to show the map. For the rest like lobby actions and stuff I just use my keyboard which is always somewhere on my bed, selecting them from the Select menu is just slow.

bitCrusher
Dec 8, 2013, 02:44 PM
I use wireless Xbox 360 controller with default controls except

Left Bumper = Jump
A button = Auto-run

Mapping Jump to Left Bumper allows me to jump around while charging a PA with the Y button, as well as Jump with ease during Over-the-shoulder camera, or TPS whatever you call it.

Also prevents me from doing the accidental Jump that everyone does when speeding through a dialogue XD