PDA

View Full Version : Oversight in changing weapons quickly?

Xefuz89
Dec 6, 2013, 01:00 AM
so i just came across something very irritating can you help?
it takes a total of 3 actions to change your weapon.
default keyboard keys (similar to middle mouse also)
action1: R (bringing up the weapon palette)
action2: R (changing to your desired weapon)
action3: left click (activating the weapon you wish to use)

i was messing around trying to find a quicker way to change my weapon only using one action. i found it. the number pad will change your weapon in a instant pressing it(1-6). the problem I'm having is finding it in the setting.

pressing the number pad to quickly change my weapon is about the same pace as using either R or Middle mouse due to my movement keys ect. being on the other side of the keyboard... did they make it this way on purpose or is this a oversight? i change weapon quite a bit in battle.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skye-Fox713
Dec 6, 2013, 01:30 AM
Generaly for me I just use my mouse scroll wheel when changing weapons. Otherwise just about all the keys can be re-bound to whatever you want, but for me I use my mouse scroll wheel to change weapons. I just scroll up or down and then left click on the weapon that i want.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 6, 2013, 02:57 AM
you can change the instant swap keys with your subpalette nums to that
somewhere in keyboard settings under shortcut.

urburjer
Dec 6, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hi, I'm new here, and I have a question regarding this matter: if you change weapon palette switching to 1~0, then how are you to use skills, mates and PBs, assuming I'm only using keyboard (laptop)?

holmwood
Dec 8, 2013, 05:08 AM
Hi, I'm new here, and I have a question regarding this matter: if you change weapon palette switching to 1~0, then how are you to use skills, mates and PBs, assuming I'm only using keyboard (laptop)?

F1-F10.

milranduil
Dec 8, 2013, 05:44 AM
You can also have subpallete 1-0 and palette wep switch on numpad. Makes dashing a little cumbersome if you aren't used to moving from mouse to numpad with right hand, but it's not that bad. F-keys are hard to reach on my kb though so I don't have that choice otherwise.

GALEFORCE
Dec 8, 2013, 07:07 AM
Get a razer mouse.

FacelessRed
Dec 8, 2013, 08:14 AM
I just use the numpad, and a little dexterity. I've gotten too used to it to change now...

ThePendragon
Dec 9, 2013, 07:24 PM
Telepathy.