PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me find a blogging site?

Wyndham
Dec 7, 2013, 10:34 PM
Here is he deal. The dilly-o. I want to start a videogame review blog. What I need is to find one that works well and if it requires a name, no-one can see it. I really don't know where to start looking. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Outrider
Dec 9, 2013, 01:37 PM
I've found Wordpress to be pretty easy to use. You can either sign up and run your site as a subdomain on their blogging service or you can use their software on your own domain. It's pretty good for content management, scheduling, etc. They also have lots of free plugins that you can install that allow you to add in new features.

If all you're looking for is a place to post quick and dirty blogs, Tumblr is super simple has great sharing features. I just don't think the Tumblr content management stuff is as good as Wordpress, but to be honest I haven't spent much time with it.

Wyndham
Dec 10, 2013, 11:50 AM
I've found Wordpress to be pretty easy to use. You can either sign up and run your site as a subdomain on their blogging service or you can use their software on your own domain. It's pretty good for content management, scheduling, etc. They also have lots of free plugins that you can install that allow you to add in new features.

If all you're looking for is a place to post quick and dirty blogs, Tumblr is super simple has great sharing features. I just don't think the Tumblr content management stuff is as good as Wordpress, but to be honest I haven't spent much time with it.

I'll check out wordpress this weekend. Thank you.