PDA

View Full Version : Dark Ragne?

Zephryl
Dec 8, 2013, 07:48 AM
So I need to kill a couple of these guys with Partisans for a Client Order, but the Emergency Quest that used to have one guaranteed doesn't appear to show up anymore...

Is there a place where these guys are more likely to appear? Or am I just stuck waiting for luck to pay off?

BIG OLAF
Dec 8, 2013, 07:51 AM
Ragne is at the end of the Naberius 2 Time Attack.

PokeminMaster
Dec 8, 2013, 08:05 AM
It can also spawn in any field, but that's a really low chance... Naberius II Time Attack is still your best bet

But on a side note, it's just because there are so many Emergency Quests now (and so many are scheduled) that the Urban ones don't come up much anymore XD

Zephryl
Dec 8, 2013, 08:52 AM
Oh! I had no idea~ Thankyou so much! Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow~

Edson Drake
Dec 8, 2013, 08:51 PM
Nab 2 is the best way. But the chance of it appearing in normal quests are not low, it depends whether the game is full or not.

With 12 players, forest, floating continent, quarry(area 1), I had it appearing quite a lot, and multiple times in the same run even.
In case you have difficulty kiling it in the TACO, just enter one of the areas above when full.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2013, 12:55 AM
Ragne also seems to have a fondness of ruins, or that just might be SH, or just might be me. He shows up in at least every other quest I do...

Avereth CAST
Dec 9, 2013, 01:39 AM
If it's the low level one you need there's always advancing far enough through the story mode to unlock a quest with a guaranteed one too, which is extremely convenient if you ever decide to do the same quests on all of the different classes.

Or just wait for the Cradle of Darkness EQ and enjoy your free ragnes over and over.

Zephryl
Dec 9, 2013, 01:39 AM
Rightio, if I can't handle the Time Attack I'll go loiter in the open areas. Only time I encountered one in the wild, so to speak, was in Volcano Exploration.

Zephryl
Dec 9, 2013, 01:40 AM
If it's the low level one you need there's always advancing far enough through the story mode to unlock a quest with a guaranteed one too, which is extremely convenient if you ever decide to do the same quests on all of the different classes.

Or just wait for the Cradle of Darkness EQ and enjoy your free ragnes over and over.

Oh! How far into the story is that? If it's close, I might do that. And it is, level... 21+, if memory serves.

Zephryl
Dec 9, 2013, 03:38 AM
Okay, I really can't do the Time Trial one. Can't kill the stupid Fang Banther in the tiny arena, so it's either fields or story quest for me~

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2013, 04:09 AM
Come to block 12. Join the very obviously named party for naberus 2 hard. Password is '1'

Assuming you're on ship 2 of course.

PokeminMaster
Dec 9, 2013, 08:56 AM
Aw, lucky you guys, I've yet to see him spawn in a field on SH, and I play everyday in MPAs with at least 8 people

Anyway, good luck with your search; as for an alternative, you could try fighting the Fang Banshee instead of the Banther, but... Whatever you want to do XD

Zephryl
Dec 9, 2013, 09:36 AM
Dang, I had to stop playing before I saw that. Oh well~ I just unlocked the next Difficulty Level Client Order, so I've got something to keep me busy anyway

Sacrificial
Dec 9, 2013, 05:35 PM
Since you said you couldn't solo nab2....

Story mode 8(city) also has a ragne for that needed level, lower than nab2 and not boosted. It takes probably longer than nab2, but it is by far easier to solo.

Zephryl
Dec 9, 2013, 08:50 PM
I'm a few Matter Boards away from that quest, but it's something to look into for sure~