PDA

View Full Version : Braver or Ranger?

Hewie
Dec 9, 2013, 12:05 AM
Which class would be more better in terms of dps and damage? Is it true that you can mess up a ranger build easily?

UnLucky
Dec 9, 2013, 12:24 AM
As long as the only Bullet skill you get is Weak Bullet, and you avoid Trap skills, it's really hard to mess up.

Will you use a Katana? A pure Bow build lacks good AoE, but it sounds like you'd be making an R-Atk focused character. Ranger can use a Launcher for AoE, and their Gunslash (gun mode) is stronger than Braver's.

The Bow does great DPS for single target, but so does a Rifle, especially with Weak Bullet.

Though if this is a difficult choice for you, you can always go Br/Ra

Hewie
Dec 9, 2013, 12:27 AM
I would most likely use the katana more on a braver, but I usually prefer dps. I saw some ranger videos with decent damage and good dps. Braver looks fun to play, but I wouldn't want to mess up it's build either.

UnLucky
Dec 9, 2013, 12:44 AM
Katana Braver has great AoE and single target DPS, as well as an active 20s invincibility that powers you up at the same time. It's pretty good.

All you gotta do is fully invest in Average Stance (not Crit) and the Katana skills.

Hewie
Dec 9, 2013, 12:48 AM
Alrighty, I'll give braver a shot. Ty for responding^^

TaigaUC
Dec 9, 2013, 05:49 AM
It's hard to recommend a class without knowing exactly what you want.
Playstyle, level of difficulty, what you feel is repetitive or fun, etc.

I don't think messing up a build is a factor to consider when picking a class.
The skill tree system is designed to be easily messed up.
They want people to make a mistake and pay money to fix it.

As long as you get lots of feedback from good players, you're not likely to mess it up.
Besides, whenever they make large balance changes, you'll get free reset tickets per character.

Kelwine
Dec 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
I couldn't tell you much about rangers, but I main a braver.

The twenty second invincibility that UnLucky mentioned is pretty great, but so is the ability to parry attacks with a timed block. Since you're not going the hunter route and will lack the sword (Most likely) the ability to just guard has come in handy a number of times for me, personally.

Furthermore, if you parry with a full katana gear gauge it'll boost your attack ratings til the gauge is depleted, while further attacks will keep it filled up. Done right, you can keep the boost going for quite some time.

Lastly; hatou-rindo on weak bullet targets. Good stuff.

In any case, I hope you enjoy whatever you pick!

Chik'Tikka
Dec 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
RA4Life!! +^_^+

Krimson
Dec 12, 2013, 12:37 AM
Ranger is easier to build imo and is in more need than braver.
Braver I've seen a lot of ppl be weak with it but I've seen it to be a good class if built right.
in end it's up to you what to play.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 12, 2013, 05:15 AM
ever since Braver release and Gu S-roll blargrgrjhrgh, less and less players have been playing as Rangers.

Kikikiki
Dec 12, 2013, 05:28 AM
Slidin' be ballin' my nigga.