PDA

View Full Version : 10* Hunting and leveling

Not Crazed
Dec 10, 2013, 04:08 PM
Where should i go to level from 55+ and still have high chances of finding 10*s for my trade in passes?

Thanks,
Crazed

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 04:13 PM
Where should i go to level from 55+ and still have high chances of finding 10*s for my trade in passes?

Thanks,
Crazed

Since your level 55, just go into any SH mpa. SH Cradle of Darkness is like 200k exp, and your bound to get a couple 10* gunbraver or daganslash gunslashs. Since Cradle of Darkness, I've found 4 gunbraver's and 3 daganslash's without boosters.

Today I found my first Pandora extreme from Cradle. I thought Id say cause I've always wanted that tmg.

jooozek
Dec 10, 2013, 04:13 PM
SH quarry for bloody arts

ThePendragon
Dec 10, 2013, 04:16 PM
Are bloody arts really that common. I keep hearing they are, but like, how common? like, one per run? That would be pretty cool for EX Cubing.

jooozek
Dec 10, 2013, 04:18 PM
Are bloody arts really that common. I keep hearing they are, but like, how common? like, one per run? That would be pretty cool for EX Cubing.

nothing in this game is common, it's just that bloody arts seem to have a really high drop rate (2867 of them dropped in the quarry free field while 1507 rear vader units dropped if that is any indication)

you could always compare it to the amount of body I affixes drop amount
edit: digg pillars seem to drop like candy too

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 10, 2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, if you want "value-less" 10*'s for Ex-Cube-ing/Weapon-Passes, then I recommend Quarry.

But if you want to level up, just go 12/12 MPA-ing, and do EQ's when available, especially Falz's. Honestly, leveling up from 50-> 65 isn't that bad... what's bad is leveling from 40->50.

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 04:38 PM
Since your level 55, just go into any SH mpa. SH Cradle of Darkness is like 200k exp, and your bound to get a couple 10* gunbraver or daganslash gunslashs. Since Cradle of Darkness, I've found 4 gunbraver's and 3 daganslash's without boosters.

Today I found my first Pandora extreme from Cradle. I thought Id say cause I've always wanted that tmg.

I've been doing almost every Cradle with around +200% luck, and so far I've found:
4? Gunbravers, 1 Dagan Slash, 2 Projeons, 1 Pluto Gift, 1 Gwanada Lance, 1 Gigas Spinner, 1 Amaterasu, 1 Dio Patilmeria, 1 Imperial Pick and 7? Dagash Talises.

I was hoping for one of the TMGs too. No luck so far.
Edit: Just got a Pandora Extreme.

But if you want to level up, just go 12/12 MPA-ing, and do EQ's when available, especially Falz's. Honestly, leveling up from 50-> 65 isn't that bad... what's bad is leveling from 40->50.

I've never had much trouble getting from 40 to 46 or so.
I can get from 38 to 44 just from turning in one week of drop (and maybe daily) orders.
40 to 45 is basically 1 level per Arms event.

I have a few characters that feel like they've been stuck around 50-55 for a long time.
Maybe I just haven't been playing those specific characters enough.

GALEFORCE
Dec 10, 2013, 06:29 PM
46-54 are the worst, since no one plays AQ anymore, and you get exp cutoff from the MPA SH quests (or are too low to even enter).

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 06:45 PM
I never really used AQ to level.

I'd imagine group-based levelling is more difficult now that most people've been bracketed off thanks to SH difficulty.
Encouraging people to play in groups and then flat out blocking them from playing with each other!
Go SEGA game design!

jooozek
Dec 10, 2013, 07:42 PM
AQs were really great for levelling thanks to the combination of:
- really high PSE levels
- experience PSE
- buffed enemies PSE
- not shitty bursts like they are now

The Walrus
Dec 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
How wonderful it would be if they boosted they fuck out of EXP.

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 07:59 PM
How wonderful it would be if we could just play the game instead of having to grind and crap.
I like to say that a good game is one that still has great gameplay, even after all progression systems (exp, items, money), artificial variation (random number generation) and unlocking/achievements are removed. Take those things away, and you can see the game for what it really is.

Needless to say, this game falls a bit short.

AQs were really great for levelling thanks to the combination of:
- really high PSE levels
- experience PSE
- buffed enemies PSE
- not shitty bursts like they are now

Yeah, I only did them with one friend, so they weren't great for us.

GALEFORCE
Dec 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
Leveling up isn't that big of an issue, honestly. It's an online game. You have to expect some grinding to be involved. By ~55 or so, you should have most of your damage skills done unless you're hunter, in which case you're already overpowered.

I just wish they'd do away with exp cutoff nonsense and smoothen the leveling curve from 46-50.

Macman
Dec 10, 2013, 08:07 PM
They need to amp up Vhard EXP in general. It's become a slog to get to SH now given how rapidly TNL climbs after 40, then it almost flatlines past 50...

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 08:14 PM
Leveling up isn't that big of an issue, honestly. It's an online game. You have to expect some grinding to be involved.

I don't have to expect grinding just because it's an online game. I grew up in an age when grinding didn't exist.
I've played plenty of games where there was zero grinding.

Besides, plenty of offline games rely on grinding now too.
It's an easy and lazy artificial way to extend gameplay time.
Making real gameplay is much more difficult.

Personally, I don't like games that rely on levelling to define the in-game abilities of the player.
I rely on my own real life ability to carry me through. Those are the games I enjoy most.
I know some people enjoy levelling, but it's a huge waste of time for me.
I always try to use every method I can to skip it, so I can get to the real game.

Maybe if we only had to level once for any single game genre or unique game mechanic, and then carry the "experience level" over to any other game.
I mean, in most cases, it's like, "if youve played one, you've played 'em all".

They need to amp up Vhard EXP in general. It's become a slog to get to SH now given how rapidly TNL climbs after 40, then it almost flatlines past 50...

They keep the normal values low on purpose.

That way, when they announce an event, it pressures people into wanting to take advantage of bonuses, giving them incentive to play.
It also makes people feel that they owe SEGA gratitude for showering us with benevolent bonuses and ticket gifts, despite the fact that they created the situation.

It's very effective. People fall for that kind of thing all the time.

Kelwine
Dec 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
Huh, a surprising amount of people think 40-50 is hard. I've sort of just been solo leveling through 40-50, and am about 60% through 49, maybe more. I didn't think it was too bad, really. Most of it comes from doing TAs and EQs, but if it gets easier after 50 I think that is a good sign indeed.

GALEFORCE
Dec 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
Then why play a Phantasy Star Online game? Leveling has always been a thing. If not levels, grinding for gear has always been a thing. PSO is grinding. You should know what you're getting into here by now. I understand there's certain (really) frustrating aspects of this game, but I hear nothing but complaining out of you.

Also, there's no class in this game that reaps significant benefits from those last ~10 levels. Hunter is as close as it gets with 10% nonconditional damage and ~50 satk, but ~12% won't make or break your performance. Just casually gain exp as you play. Pop triboost and exp boosters during EQs if you happen to be on for one. The levels will come naturally.

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 08:32 PM
I like the character customization and some of the combat.
I don't think the issue here is about what to expect from games like PSO.
I'm trying to say that things could be better if these games didn't rely so heavily on their progression systems.

It sounds like I'm just complaining, but I'm the kind of person who focuses on negatives in order to reach positives.
It's probably my perfectionist mindset. If there are no problems, then everything is perfect.
Most people nowadays seem to get upset at any kind of complaint at all.
They don't seem to realize that almost everything around us today is the result of our predecessors facing negatives and finding solutions to them.
I'm not saying that you're like that, but I don't want to get into another argument just because someone thinks I'm whining without valid reason.
I just wish the game was better than what it ended up as. I think a lot of people feel that way now.

Anyway, the amount of EXP needed to level from around 40 to 44 is really low.
It's something like 80k to 100k for each.
I don't know why anyone would complain about those.
Once you hit around 45-48 it becomes something like 800k to 1m.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
I don't even know how this turned into a different topic. . .

Hunting 10* --------> leveling up
the only word that connects them is Grinding.

EDIT: actually, I didn't read title correctly :wacko:
disregard this post.

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
Sorry for going off-topic.

Anyway, I wanted to add a warning to take level penalty into consideration.
For example, you may get less EXP doing SH Cradle if you're more than 10 (or was it 11?) levels less.
Until you reach 55 or so, you might get more EXP doing it VH instead.
Less chance of rares though, of course.

red1228
Dec 10, 2013, 08:57 PM
Sorry for going off-topic.

Anyway, I wanted to add a warning to take level penalty into consideration.
For example, you may get less EXP doing SH Cradle if you're more than 10 (or was it 11?) levels less.
Until you reach 55 or so, you might get more EXP doing it VH instead.
Less chance of rares though, of course.

I don't know about Cradle (though I would imagine this rule to be true in all areas of the game), but I can confirm that during the most recent SeaBed Boost; I was getting LESS exp in Super Hard then I was in Very Hard (Lv 50 Braver).

GALEFORCE
Dec 10, 2013, 09:08 PM
If enemies are 11+ levels higher than you, your exp will be halved I think. For cradle, you need to be level 55 to gain full exp from all of the level 65 enemies.

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 12:38 AM
^Thus, I've been targeting all my main classes to Lv.55 before getting serious in SH quests/MPA/whatever here.