PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Live Broadcast 15 (December 14th)

Ezodagrom
Dec 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
The program will be broadcasting live from the ARKS X-mas Party! You can watch it live on Nico Nico on Saturday, December 14th at 15 ~ 17:00 JST.

Live Broadcast Topics:
- Information about the December Update.
- Unveiling of the Item Customization System and the first half of the 2014 Road Map!
- PSO2es Follow-up Report!
- Our hosts and attendees challenge the new Mining Base Emergency Quest.
- Sega Lucky Kuji information.
- Win presents by typing in a special phrase.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-arks-christmas-party-live-broadcast-15-schedule/

Broadcast link:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv161611195

Schedule for different timezones:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=1850147&h=1850147&sts=23115780&sln=15-17&a=show

FireswordRus
Dec 13, 2013, 04:10 PM
Restream here:
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

ShadowDragon28
Dec 14, 2013, 12:59 AM
THIS is starting NOW any other Mirrors?

oratank
Dec 14, 2013, 01:10 AM
23.00 jst
100%rare drop chismas eq

oratank
Dec 14, 2013, 01:52 AM
no apprentice movie scene in td eq (´・ω・`)

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 02:07 AM
No fast sprinting in td eq (´・ω・`)

oratank
Dec 14, 2013, 02:38 AM
January

item from contest will be in January scrath

techer have step attack
assasingiri can cancle
another bb map

craft system
they can craft wand amd sword 1 star that has 490 -500+ satk
technic disk custom dmg ,pp cost plus reduce animation, charge effect change

we have to set craft machine in my room 3-4 type cost 1 slot/unit(i only saw 1 ) or go to craft at orther friend room

item pass めりくりたろう before 12/25

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 02:52 AM
More comprehensive WIP summary here (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-arks-christmas-party-live-broadcast-recap/).

Asagiri Rendan cancel timing changed.
Braver seems to look a lot faster in all movements.
I only glanced at it, but I'm guessing maybe 130%-150% faster?

New year will have a "popular accessories" scratch.
Will likely include costumes like the china dress, wedding dress, pure maid dress (again).
All enemies in one city map EQ (like the original Border Break quest) will also return.

"Item customization" craft system:
Various ways to buff and modify the attributes of existing weapons, units and techs.
You can access the menus from the my room console on the wall.

It didn't look like there was any kind of visual customization (ie. color).
However, that probably doesn't matter because it looks like you can modify any item you like.
Looks like there are a ton of room items for managing various crafting (communication purposes?).
If you don't have a recipe you can get someone else to do it for you.
So basically, it's a system designed to recycle existing (mostly useless) stuff for various benefits.

You can "Extend" an existing weapon/unit to make it much stronger.
In other words, you can take level 1 weapons and make them super strong.
You can change a weapon to be usable by other classes.
Recipes seem to require PA fragments, materials, and PP.
If I heard correctly, crafting cannot fail.

Materials are obtained by breaking down existing items.
The materials you get depend on whether you "succeed" or "greatly succeed".
There are various recipes for crafting. As you craft, you level up in crafting.
There's a cooldown after crafting. Seems to range from 5 minutes to over 25 minutes.

You can customize discs, too - "Technic Customize".
I wasn't paying full attention, but it looked like we can change the damage, PP cost, etc.
When customizing Techs you can get Merits, which also come with Demerits.
Example of Merits include increased damage. Demerits include increased PP cost.
I missed a bit while typing this, but apparently you can:
- change charge effect
- speed up casting animation
- increase projectile travel speed
(thx oratank above and xillia000 on the next page).

I'm extremely sleep deprived right now, so if I made any mistakes please correct me.

Special word is:
めりくりたろう

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 14, 2013, 03:07 AM
I don't think PSO2 can suck any more

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 03:19 AM
I'm disappointed that item customization isn't separating clothing parts.

The craft system sounds nice, but overcomplicated.
It's kinda what we wanted instead of weapon camos.
But it sounds too good to be true.
There have to be some terrible catches that ruin it.

Shinamori
Dec 14, 2013, 03:22 AM
It's created by dudu? =P

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 03:25 AM
No, we craft them from our room console or room items.

People already bought out all the popular weapons, such as Talnada.
Probably won't be much of a problem obtaining low level rares, what with the increased drop rate.

xillia000
Dec 14, 2013, 03:26 AM
Crafting system?

inb4 PSO2 is becoming Monster Hunter

Its not a "crafting system". It's just a system where you can power up your weapon/units and give them several bonus' like allowing another class to equip the weapon. Ie. Allowing techer to equip a 1★ Sword. You cannot fail to upgrade the weapons too XD Only Success or Big Success :)
Also you can also upgrade/customize ur Techics. Like giving them more power, faster travel time, etc.
You can also decompose any weapon to get parts for upgrading.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 14, 2013, 03:26 AM
So I can make it so I can use my good TMGs while on Ranger?

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 03:29 AM
Upcoming new limited time beach quest with all sorts of enemies from everywhere.

xillia000
Dec 14, 2013, 03:33 AM
So I can make it so I can use my good TMGs while on Ranger?

Yup, but I don't know the details or requirements. Probably requires you to have an extremely high customisation level. And the cost and parts too. It probably wont be cheap in any way...
And I think the class is selected at random too...so much stuff still not revealed yet.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 14, 2013, 03:38 AM
THIS IS AWESOME. I can possibly extend my favorite double saber ChronosScythe to be far far stronger!!!! WOOT

Gama
Dec 14, 2013, 03:42 AM
maybe this will make hybrids more viable.

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 03:42 AM
I really hope so.

FireswordRus
Dec 14, 2013, 03:44 AM
record
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/3391259

strikerhunter
Dec 14, 2013, 03:46 AM
If I heard correctly, crafting cannot fail.

Could you imagine the rage and uproar if there was? Not to mention still having to go to Dudu and Monica for grinds and affix (but that won't be relevant anymore as much by then).

Crafting system?

inb4 PSO2 is becoming Monster Hunter

That's good news for me.

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 03:47 AM
Yeah, JP commenters were like "I can't believe it".

I'm sure there's something else in place to make it costly.
Pretty much anything is better than Dudu/Monica though.

Shinamori
Dec 14, 2013, 03:54 AM
I think some rares might be craft only.

oratank
Dec 14, 2013, 03:56 AM
pso2 goods

http://imageshack.com/a/img31/707/grtd.jpg

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2013, 04:03 AM
Wand Lovers was said to simply provide a passive 35% damage increase to wand attacks with no penalties at max level, rather then being an active ability, I believe.

That coupled with step attack for techers would make melee combat a lot more appealing.

maybe this will make hybrids more viable.

I do hope there's an option for adding tech attack onto weapons that don't have it.

Gunner could actually be a good subclass for Force if there were any TMGs with a passable amount of tech attack on them, due to both of their dodge related damage boosts applying to techs.

Alenoir
Dec 14, 2013, 04:39 AM
- Extend Coded weapons are immediately bond to your account.
- There's a cool down time every time you extend something. (1* weapon was 15 minutes or so? Unit was 25 minutes.) Cool down can be shorten with items you can pick up from tower defense or with AC items.
- 1 extend slot to work with at the beginning if you're a normal user. (Slot go through cool down after usage.) 2 more can be unlocked after reaching some goals. Premium users will have access to 3 premium slots immediately. You can buy 3 more slots.

--

Six players were called from the audience to do the tower defense EM with the broadcasting staffs. The towers have their HP doubled specially for this stream. The difficulty during the stream was SH. One of the towers DID dropped down to half HP at one point. Sakai died 3 times.

Omega-z
Dec 14, 2013, 04:45 AM
I hope Wand Lovers is still an active then you can have both Step or Mirage when you need it. It might have a 35% passive increase at 10 but still needs to be active to have full bar with its Gear which most likely adds the Step function during that time <-- "IF" it's like this. Otherwise Steps a bad move for Techer "if" it was permanent.

Dnd
Dec 14, 2013, 05:01 AM
You can "Extend" an existing weapon/unit to make it much stronger.
You all laughed at me, told me i was stupid for wasting my meseta, but now I have the last laugh!
[SPOILER-BOX]soon my pretty, soon....
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/8137/2ko6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now for more ontopic stuff: Now i actually thought about it more, i really hope sega don't gimmick this up and mess it up. I've just been thinking of all the possibility's (My crys caliber equipable on my HU? yes please! My ruin mirage equipable by fighter? do want!) and its too good to be messed up ;_;

Drifting Fable
Dec 14, 2013, 05:04 AM
So Sega went with all the joke and cutesie accessories for the contest. Why am I surprised?

Item customization sounds rad . . . but I worry about the fine print we haven't been disclosed to yet. They screwed up Weapon Cammos, Sega will find a way to ruin this new system.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Dec 14, 2013, 05:14 AM
Sounds neat (so far), be a nice way to sort of specialize a character in a way, since skill trees are really bad at allowing customization room while remaining useful. I'll withhold any real excitement until I know everything though, while its hard to mess something like this up, I'm not gonna allow myself to be surprised if it somehow is.

Emmie
Dec 14, 2013, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QO3QorfaQg#t=97

Reminds me of Lum from Urusei Yatsura.

Rakurai
Dec 14, 2013, 05:34 AM
I hope Wand Lovers is still an active then you can have both Step or Mirage when you need it. It might have a 35% passive increase at 10 but still needs to be active to have full bar with its Gear which most likely adds the Step function during that time <-- "IF" it's like this. Otherwise Steps a bad move for Techer "if" it was permanent.

I'm hoping they'll simply let you do a step attack out of the standard FO/TE dodge.

Skye-Fox713
Dec 14, 2013, 05:50 AM
Well that's good that the Item customization is set so that you won't fail. Imagine rage of people breaking(PSU) their weapons when customizing.

EvilMag
Dec 14, 2013, 06:29 AM
2014 Winter

Arks United Front Festival (Web Event)
Limited-time Event Quest
Bingo Card
New Client Orders, Interrupt Event
Video Contest
Character Portrait Contest

2014 Spring

New PAs, Technic, Enemies
Mamoru Nagano designed items.
Collaboration
Mining Base Defense Part 2
Advance Quest Update
Extreme Quest Update
PSO2 es Launches

2014 Early Summer

12 Player Boss Quest
New Story Quest
New Field
New Advance Quest
Extreme Quest Update
Crafting System Update

So let me get this straight...no level cap increase and we have to go through 2-3 months of pretty much nothing new? GG SEGA

Laxedrane
Dec 14, 2013, 07:08 AM
So let me get this straight...no level cap increase and we have to go through 2-3 months of pretty much nothing new? GG SEGA

Maybe the expect the ocd people to be crafting themselves stupid?

Personally I haven't had the chance to reach more then one class to 65(Especially with my updater taking a fart for almost 5 days now. I just got access since the update) But yeah does seem like they are taking their time with level increases this year. It's hard to guess weather they'll be doing 100 or 200 this time around. But hey what's it matter, go have some fun.^^

Also I Love how they gave the only Male outfit that one to females too. Was that outfit too awesome not to share sega?

Shinamori
Dec 14, 2013, 07:16 AM
Next month is going to be awesome. So we get the first part of the item customization? Does that include what we saw I the live?

Emp
Dec 14, 2013, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QO3QorfaQg#t=97

Reminds me of Lum from Urusei Yatsura.

Im lold at that rappy/lilipa launcher. That was hilarious.

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 08:11 AM

Yeah, the roadmap looks pretty dull.
Looks like it'll be a long, long time before AQ and XQ catch up to Super Hard.

Emp
Dec 14, 2013, 08:11 AM
System Update (Mid January)

Select which latent ability to apply.
You can hold up to 999 of certain items.

Wait what?

Saffran
Dec 14, 2013, 08:29 AM
The step attack change for wands is something I actually asked them a while ago so it's nice to see it actually happen.
However, 35% at lvl 10 still doesn't change the fact that people need like 17 points before they even get there. Plus getting lvl 10 and Wand Reactor. I mean, come on...
The whole craft thing is so absolutely not PSO2, it really hurts. Ah, well. I guess I'm getting old.

jooozek
Dec 14, 2013, 08:45 AM
2014 Winter

Arks United Front Festival (Web Event)
Limited-time Event Quest
Bingo Card
New Client Orders, Interrupt Event
Video Contest
Character Portrait Contest

2014 Spring

New PAs, Technic, Enemies
Mamoru Nagano designed items.
Collaboration
Mining Base Defense Part 2
Advance Quest Update
Extreme Quest Update
PSO2 es Launches

2014 Early Summer

12 Player Boss Quest
New Story Quest
New Field
New Advance Quest
Extreme Quest Update
Crafting System Update

segac sure lives up to be the kings of dripfeed

Omega-z
Dec 14, 2013, 09:28 AM
Well IF it allows you choose between the two Step and Mirage then its a Plus. Otherwise it's more broken then it was just simply replacing the skill with another (Sega Laziness) is not going to balance the class. In-fact I could see it being worst If it's a permanent change and not one you can "CHOOSE" in combat. The reason why to this logic is that its a weaker Step ability that you won't have S-Adv., S-Att., Blk, Parry, a standing dodge....etc since its just a "Buff" to WL. This well make you more weak and vulnerable since Step is not a very good dodge and just a faster very limit timed side step which will be hard/Harder to do in combat as time goes on. I agree that ME is to long but Step wasn't the answer there needed to be a rework form of "Flash". One could say that "Oh you can add the points in the other classes (subs) to make up for the things it lacks." which is true but its true that you will lose power from those (subs) for those make ups in which in turn makes that +35% less nice and not worth it. Otherwise your suck with a Step that your going to take a whole lot more damage with......The ME trick was even better since you still had XX amount of IFrames. "IF" this is permanent once you get WL and it's not a active but a passive, I wont be getting it at all and avoiding it.

Ezodagrom
Dec 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
Wait what?
During the broadcast they showed a weapon that had 2 possible latents listed, and the player could choose 1.

strikerhunter
Dec 14, 2013, 10:17 AM
Even though it was never stated in the road map, I have good feeling that there will be a +5 lvl cap around spring time which would put it in around at the same time frame when scantum showed up with the lv 60 cap.

Atmius
Dec 14, 2013, 10:37 AM
Well that's good that the Item customization is set so that you won't fail. Imagine rage of people breaking(PSU) their weapons when customizing.

Yeah, instead of failure, you get "success", rather than "great success". Great success has the possibility to allow another class type to equip it, which would be really super useful for some things that don't currently allow it (like quad dashing without switch-lag inducing weapons). So you have to customise over and over and over again until you get great success on the class you want.

TaigaUC
Dec 14, 2013, 11:16 AM
I remember the first time I tried Techer, I immediately thought they should have a step dash instead of mirage escape.
It took SEGA this long to realize that.

Looking over the stream now.

Wand Lovers buff seems to be:
- step dash (only during Wand Lovers?)
- damage multiplier of up to 35% (10 skill points)
- no PP loss

We all called the damage boost "fix".
They said they have a few players on staff who play Techer and are very pleased by the changes.
Although, going by their track record, that doesn't really say much.

It sounded like they said Braver will also regain PP more quickly.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 14, 2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, instead of failure, you get "success", rather than "great success". Great success has the possibility to allow another class type to equip it, which would be really super useful for some things that don't currently allow it (like quad dashing without switch-lag inducing weapons). So you have to customise over and over and over again until you get great success on the class you want.

Would you prefer -FAILURE! Weapon can no longer be equiped-?

:wacko:

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, instead of failure, you get "success", rather than "great success". Great success has the possibility to allow another class type to equip it, which would be really super useful for some things that don't currently allow it (like quad dashing without switch-lag inducing weapons). So you have to customise over and over and over again until you get great success on the class you want.The success/great success thing is for desynthesizing. As far as I can tell there's nothing random about the actual crafting. It's possible that the effects you get are random, but it's also possible you have to unlock the recipes or something. Or that crafting levels are REALLY grindy. Or both. I don't know. :I

Reiketsu
Dec 14, 2013, 11:47 AM
Who cares about all this shit, they are adding the moonwalk as a dance action, goddammit

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2013, 11:50 AM
Who cares about all this shit, they are adding the moonwalk as a dance action, goddammit
...You're right... What was I thinking? We all need to get our priorities straight. Clearly that's the best thing coming out! o Ao *notevenbeingsarcastic*

Enforcer MKV
Dec 14, 2013, 12:31 PM

...You're right... What was I thinking? We all need to get our priorities straight. Clearly that's the best thing coming out! o Ao *notevenbeingsarcastic*

Silence both of these heathens at once. D:<

Emp
Dec 14, 2013, 12:52 PM
During the broadcast they showed a weapon that had 2 possible latents listed, and the player could choose 1.

Oh man. I hope give us an item that can like reset the weapon to lvl 0 potential(as in not unlocked, but you keep the affixes). Because Id hate to be using a weapon(right now!) that gets a second latent that is alot better.

Also when is Sega gonna bring back the rebirth system. They did that in PSP2i and it could be really useful in pso2. It could reset all your classes to level 1(erases all your sp, you have to do the sp cos again too), but you are almost twice as strong when you cap again.

Aine
Dec 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
You can switch to the second potential, but it goes back to Lv1.

Neith
Dec 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
It sounded like they said Braver will also regain PP more quickly.

So I can wreck things even faster with even more Hatou spam? :wacko:

Glad to see Braver is getting some fixes, but honestly I think Hatou-Rindou is pretty broken at the moment. I don't even have great gear and I hit 6-7k per hit with it :lol: I dread to think what some of the better equipped players can do with it.

Also glad to see some more love for Techer, I haven't tried it for months but it felt really underwhelming when I did.

Emp
Dec 14, 2013, 01:12 PM
You can switch to the second potential, but it goes back to Lv1.

Do you have to re unlock to get the second potential? As in pay the first 3 spheres for the first unlock.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 14, 2013, 01:16 PM
Also when is Sega gonna bring back the rebirth system. They did that in PSP2i and it could be really useful in pso2. It could reset all your classes to level 1(erases all your sp, you have to do the sp cos again too), but you are almost twice as strong when you cap again.

Until they start releasing more challenging content, or plan to release more challenging content, I don't see much point to this.

Do you have to re unlock to get the second potential? As in pay the first 3 spheres for the first unlock.

I 'think' that it replaces the current latent. I imagine you have to get the latent unlocked on the weapon first, then you can switch it?

I have no idea, but that's what I'm speculating.

Ezodagrom
Dec 14, 2013, 01:19 PM
I 'think' that it replaces the current latent. I imagine you have to get the latent unlocked on the weapon first, then you can switch it?

I have no idea, but that's what I'm speculating.
In the trailer they showed a weapon that had no latent, the 2 latent options were available.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 14, 2013, 01:26 PM
In the trailer they showed a weapon that had no latent, the 2 latent options were available.

My mistake then, curse my half-blindness. *Shakes fist*

Emp
Dec 14, 2013, 01:27 PM

But im specifically referring to the cost of unlocking. Say I have my Pandora Extreme at lvl3. Its gets a 2nd latent thats better than "Perfect Calamity". When I reset, would I have to spent 12 spheres(iirc its 3 for 1st unlock, 4 for second, 5 for third) or would I have to spend 9 to get it back to lvl 3 potential?

Atmius
Dec 14, 2013, 03:45 PM
But im specifically referring to the cost of unlocking. Say I have my Pandora Extreme at lvl3. Its gets a 2nd latent thats better than "Perfect Calamity". When I reset, would I have to spent 12 spheres(iirc its 3 for 1st unlock, 4 for second, 5 for third) or would I have to spend 9 to get it back to lvl 3 potential?

I rewatched the livestream to get more information about a couple of things out of it. One of those was the latent choice portion. When the other guy was talking about it, ichitarou essentially asked "what about people who've already unlocked their weapon potentials?" the reply was basically "unfortunately, they'll have to re-unlock from level 1 if they want to change it."

So 12 more spheres, basically. Hope your weapon doesn't get a considerably more desirable latent, especially if it's an 11/12*.

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Engage-Calceolaria.png

http://i.imgur.com/ypOT6Fa.gif

EDIT: Anywoo the other stuff seems neat. Also yay Border Breaking coming back :D

ShinMaruku
Dec 14, 2013, 07:34 PM
You expected something new out of Sonic Team? Come on now people. At this point the fault is not with Sega.

gigawuts
Dec 14, 2013, 07:37 PM
Isn't all that exactly what happened earlier this year though?

They had a long period without any real content and then we got coast.

Clearly next up we're getting episode 4 areas.

I am not complaining. I loved the subterranean desert.

(episode 3 will also be satisfactory, much love for everything in that too)

ShinMaruku
Dec 14, 2013, 07:39 PM
The complaining about content is a broken record at this point. Sega let it be very oblivious how they will put content out.

MetalDude
Dec 14, 2013, 07:45 PM
Item customization not being a giant let down conceptually: cool.

The roadmap for the first two quarters of '14: fucking really. As if the dripfeed wasn't dreadful enough.

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2013, 07:47 PM
It's almost like they want me to hit cap before they raise it again \o/

With each character, and each class they use...;_;

Hachiroku
Dec 14, 2013, 08:02 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Engage-Calceolaria.png

OMG those caseal parts WANT :-o

Zyrusticae
Dec 14, 2013, 08:37 PM
It's almost like they want me to hit cap before they raise it again \o/

With each character, and each class they use...;_;
I don't know how you guys do it.

I lost interest and just started playing Warframe (and now Blade & Soul China - yes, China). I haven't even had the motivation to log in to pick up my FUN points or XQ passes (when was the last time I ran XQs? I don't even remember anymore).

I suppose, at the very least, I SHOULD log in for the stuff, but...

The Walrus
Dec 14, 2013, 08:41 PM
I barely play when I'm in the mood and haven't touched it in like 2-3 weeks outside of logging on to get new costumes.

Kikikiki
Dec 14, 2013, 09:34 PM
[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Engage-Calceolaria.png[/spoiler-box]

Would pay for everything except the leg part.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Shrine-Maiden-Cos.png

Is this the Long Twintail hair style? Is it getting a revival?

ShinMaruku
Dec 14, 2013, 10:27 PM
I barely play when I'm in the mood and haven't touched it in like 2-3 weeks outside of logging on to get new costumes.

I take long breaks (Weeks to months) so I don't burn myself out. I don't trust developers to make content at the rate I can nom them.

NoiseHERO
Dec 14, 2013, 11:42 PM
I'ma punch this thread.

After I make ramens

pkemr4
Dec 14, 2013, 11:44 PM
the RNG is strong with this update.

jooozek
Dec 15, 2013, 09:21 PM
they've opened another sub page with item contest winners, this time the item names start with * so weapon camos

http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/itemdesigncontest2013/model/weapon/

there is also one for grand prix items

http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/festa2013/grandprix/item/

TaigaUC
Dec 16, 2013, 02:03 AM
Still waiting for the ability to equip multiple camos, instead of having to go into the menu and change the camo everytime I want to use a different weapon.

IndigoNovember
Dec 16, 2013, 03:56 PM
Still waiting for the ability to equip multiple camos, instead of having to go into the menu and change the camo everytime I want to use a different weapon.

Same here, same here...

TaigaUC
Dec 16, 2013, 07:02 PM
Same here, same here...

JP people on 4gamer are still writing pages and pages of complaints about the same issues, including the terrible interface:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/index_userreview.html

Z-0
Dec 16, 2013, 07:36 PM
It's interesting that the game gets such low ratings, yet still does so well.

I read through some of those reviews and I have to agree with a lot of points they made against the game.

Bozhestvo
Dec 16, 2013, 07:56 PM

I read through some of those reviews and I have to agree with a lot of points they made against the game.

Some kind of hypnosis! :P This game has plenty of bad aspects (affixing is terrible and grinding is pretty bad), but this game also has community and customization. There are plenty of friendly people and people that you end up making friends with so you don't stop playing (at least from my perspective) I always thought the PS games were like a hangout game with your buddies (after you capped yourself of course) Also it's competitive in a sense that you want to be as good as all those top players and get all those nice things. A lot of people play MMO's for this reason.

Ezodagrom
Dec 17, 2013, 09:03 AM
Datamining stuff from Agrajag (including the type of a new Falz):
[spoiler-box]
Anyone guessing on which Falz would be next?

If you picked "bird", you were right. Two forms, one humanoid (like Hunar), one... dunno (it's just "DpBird").

They added a bunch more NPC enemies: ZHu1, ZHu2, ZRa1, ZRa2, ZFo1, ZFo2, O (?), M (Matoi?), R (probably Luther), F (?), K_GS (???), K_TH (Theodore, probably).

Random other enemies: Ladybird, BirdBat, BirdBatRare, BirdOwl, BirdOwlRare (guess where those new techs are dropping!), JackBox.

Vopar/Wopal/etc's third area is creatively named "Water3".

(There are a whole heap of skills in the files that aren't named properly yet. Kinda effort to rip them out, though.)

About the NPC enemies, O, M and R sound more likely to be Ohza, Marlu, Lisa (Risa). Could be for some kind of extra story chapter like the arks battle festa in ep1?[/spoiler-box]

Arialle
Dec 17, 2013, 10:31 AM
Datamining stuff from Agrajag (including the type of a new Falz):
[spoiler-box]

About the NPC enemies, O, M and R sound more likely to be Ohza, Marlu, Lisa (Risa). Could be for some kind of extra story chapter like the arks battle festa in ep1?[/spoiler-box]

oh god no...please no more open field maps....ffs give me a damm dungeon...temple...spaceship kind of map already...SOMETHING INDOORS

The Walrus
Dec 17, 2013, 10:49 AM
So the next Falz is gonna be a Hawlucha eh

Zyrusticae
Dec 17, 2013, 01:06 PM

In addition to what Bozhestvo said, it is also pretty much the only game of its type on the market (sci-fi co-op action RPG with in-depth character creation and customization), so in a way they have something of a captive audience. Plus they only need a handful (a few hundred) of high-rollers to fund the game with hundreds or thousands of dollars of AC purchases every month.

jooozek
Dec 17, 2013, 01:13 PM
paedophile dressup will always sell, especially when it's legal

Rakurai
Dec 17, 2013, 04:15 PM
I find it a little odd that they're waiting to introduce the second part of the Mining Base Defense quest, rather then having both phases available immediately like with Dark Falz Elder.

In any case, I hope people won't be failing at part one, since the structures had doubled HP in that demonstration, meaning they would've failed if that hadn't been the case. But then again, most of the players seemed pretty bad.