MetalMarth
Dec 12, 2013, 09:06 PM
In your opinion which one is better? I cant decide D:

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2013, 09:17 PM
Was the doge really necessary?

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2013, 09:27 PM
Fighter, so damage, much fast. Hunter, such range, nice defense.

Wow.

Lostbob117
Dec 12, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hunter is the best class.

strikerhunter
Dec 12, 2013, 09:41 PM
Fighter cuz Backhand, DA, and SD (when at 16) plus they won't get you killed like OE does.......................but hunter wins when it comes to sub......................

gigawuts
Dec 12, 2013, 09:44 PM
Braver.

Hachiroku
Dec 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

MetalMarth
Dec 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
Was the doge really necessary?

yes...... yes it was good sir

strikerhunter
Dec 12, 2013, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

cuz you can only main 1 class >_>

MetalMarth
Dec 12, 2013, 10:01 PM

Exactly why I ask for everyones opinion, then people start to make a big deal about doge......

Doge = life

This thread = opinions

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2013, 10:10 PM
"Why not both" is actually a good reply. For hunter to be strongest, it needs a lv65 fighter sub. For fighter to be strongest, it needs a lv65 hunter sub. The obvious solution, then, is to raise both classes to 65. By that point, you'll know which one you would rather play as.

wow

MetalMarth
Dec 12, 2013, 10:12 PM
"Why not both" is actually a good reply. For hunter to be strongest, it needs a lv65 fighter sub. For fighter to be strongest, it needs a lv65 hunter sub. The obvious solution, then, is to raise both classes to 65. By that point, you'll know which one you would rather play as.

wow

Wow good reply, very happy, thanks

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 12, 2013, 10:29 PM
I second Braver.

I don't know if you're really just starting out or not, but Braver>Fighter>Hunter as Main Class.

Reasons:

1) Good AoE (spamming Kanran-K) that can wipe out huge mobs of enemies really, really fast giving other classes hardly a chance to do anything.

2)Hatou-Rindou: really good single target DPS, better than Sakura, but you have to position yourself correctly when fighting enemies (you can't be to close to them and have to let last part of the energy wave hit them).

3) Combat Escape: 20 sec invincibility frame which constitutes free-hits or that can potentially save your life when you're in a bind.

4) An intrinsic Just Guard, unlike Hunter's that makes you waste skill points.

5)Katana Combat: great AoE, good burst damage.

5) Faster than Hunter (with faster recovery time), with better AoE's than Fighter.

6) Katana Gear: boosts damage.

NexusAZ
Dec 12, 2013, 10:55 PM
Fighter, so damage, much fast. Hunter, such range, nice defense.

Wow.

I like this thread already.

Hachiroku
Dec 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
Didn't know he wanted to main one, I thought he was asking which class was better. :-?

Anyway I agree with Zorafim, Both classes have there uses with each other and for hunter subbing braver is good also.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 12, 2013, 11:44 PM
In your opinion which one is better? I cant decide D:

Well, would you like to punch things? Punching things is fun to me, so I go with FI because Knuckles. xD

Oh, and I sub Braver. Very fun combination, FI/BR.

But in all seriousness, it depends on how you want to play.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 13, 2013, 12:00 AM
I second Braver.

I don't know if you're really just starting out or not, but Braver>Fighter>Hunter as Main Class.

Reasons:

1) Good AoE (spamming Kanran-K) that can wipe out huge mobs of enemies really, really fast giving other classes hardly a chance to do anything.

2)Hatou-Rindou: really good single target DPS, better than Sakura, but you have to position yourself correctly when fighting enemies (you can't be to close to them and have to let last part of the energy wave hit them).

3) Combat Escape: 20 sec invincibility frame which constitutes free-hits or that can potentially save your life when you're in a bind.

4) An intrinsic Just Guard, unlike Hunter's that makes you waste skill points.

5)Katana Combat: great AoE, good burst damage.

5) Faster than Hunter (with faster recovery time), with better AoE's than Fighter.

6) Katana Gear: boosts damage.I'd still go for Fi/Hu or Hu/Fi (since I have Amun Hotep)
1.) nobody seems to use Over End to kill mobs and cancel the 3rd slash ._.

2.)Deadly Archer, or Symphonic Drive + Bloody Sarabande + fly = Twin Daggers make boss killers. Single target DPS? use Jan lee's Backhand Smash WOOOTAH!

3.)ah, but Twin Daggers "Flight mode" is almost the same, almost ._.

4.) mhmkay, you win. but hey, I dodge using the I-Frames of the step so I got that going for me, which is nice. :wacko:

5.)Backhand Smash, Great burst damage, maybe orchestra lvl 16 too.

5.) (why do you have 2 "5"?) out of all the melee classes, Braver deals the worse DPS, but they are quick, and that's one of the Braver's Advantages. Fi for Deadly Archer! ^^

6.)Sword Gear: charges chargable PA's instantly at full gear, increases hits of some PA, Over End = the only one PA to take damage benefit from this gear.
Wired Lance Gear: increases grapple PA's damage.
Partizan Gear: Increases the Range of PA's, Slide End mop up or Ass buster mop up basically.
Double Saber Gear: deals AoE damage around you.
Twin Dagger Gear: increases damage of normal attacks and PAs as long as you're in the air. increases damage for each lvl.
Knuckle Gear: gains gear for each consecutive attack you do (doesn't matter if it hits or not), increases attack speed of normal attack and PAs. man, that was alot of gears.

so yeah, Braver is not master class, you better ask for his playstyle 1st before recommending what to main. :wacko:

Master Class is still probably;
Gu/Ra = Perfect Boss killers + Party support.
Gu/Hu = Good for everything, just Run and Gun everything at its sight.

Coatl
Dec 13, 2013, 12:40 AM

wow

hunter

wow

big over end

wow

backhand smash

wow

big kamehameha

wow

I second Braver.

Reasons:

5) with better AoE's than Fighter.

I would actually argue that Braver has the worst aoe compared to Fighter or Hunter considering it takes 84 P, that's three kanrans, to kill just about anything in SH. Sakura is still good though, but HU can deal upwards 14k with assault buster and Fighter has bloody sarabande. I think they're all pretty good at aoe though to be honest.

Hm, if I were to pick a master class it'd probably be FI. Backhand too good. @_@

Zorafim
Dec 13, 2013, 12:46 AM
You are allotted only one wow per post.

roosyval
Dec 13, 2013, 01:16 AM
what i like as Hunter is its "Iron Will" and "Automate Halfline", more survivabilty when no other player, (this game ressurection is just too easy, everyone can do that) >.>
"Over End" as primary attack (yes, i over end more often than normal attack) make you so open against boss (thats why i depend on "Automate Halfline")
"Guilty Break" just for its dash, tackle stark gun before it shoot you
"Nova Strike" rarely, to blew away enemy
"Cruel Throw" grappling krabahda, garonggo . . .
"Sonic Arrow" to cut grass LOL
i prefer guard rather than step
i sometime also use wired lance "Other Spin" to draw in enemies
i sub Ranger just for its "Weak Bullet" >.>

what i like as Fighter is its weapon PA
with Twin Daggers+weapon gear, weapon-action>weapon-action>"Raging Waltz"(fly)>"Bloody Sarabande". so easy and safe for boss like rockbear or ragne
with Knuckle+weapon gear, well just attack and weapon-action(repeatedly) when necessary
when i sub gunner, i like to use TMG "Infinity Fire" and "Stylish Roll" to play against persona

well, just how i play, im not pro >.>

Skyly HUmar
Dec 13, 2013, 01:18 AM
Fighter for dps, SD has all the power of backhand, minus the range issue and the pp cost, i would say its better at this point.

Hunter for def and close range AoE.

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 13, 2013, 02:01 AM
@WildarmsRE5:

I would certainly agree that Braver is indeed not the Master Class (and I really have no idea why you brought up the notion of Master Class since we're talking about Melee classes--but I suppose Braver would be better categorized as a Hybrid Class) and yes, I too, feel that that role for the time being goes to the Gunners.

However, my recommendation does not warrant me asking for a his play-style, since after all it is merely a recommendation and nothing more; one can take it or leave it as one will after trying out the melee classes.

However, since you brought up the notion of "Master Class" I would argue that among the Melee (using Katana) classes, it still holds that: Braver>Fighter>Hunter, at least for now (we'll also wait for the new PA's). Braver is certainly more balanced and here is where power lies; it also requires only one weapon as opposed to three to get the job done. Since we're talking about close range combat, I shall refrain from discussing Bullet Bows.

But of course, that doesn't mean that you should jump ship onto the Braver Class, if it doesn't coincide with your play-style; to each his own.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 13, 2013, 04:22 AM
actually, I've been also thinking why did I even say master class. . . :wacko:

Although, Partizan beats katana in many ways. OHKO ass buster in SH rather than using 3 Kanran-KICKyou (I had to add the pun, sorry it always makes me laugh^^)

I really don't get it, what I liked about this game is because I don't have to stick with ONE weapon and use it over and over until the end of time. I do have experience in Braver, and in terms of crowd control: Hunter>Braver>Fighter, boss killing: Fighter>Hunter=Braver. so obviously my definition of melee master class is Fi/Hu. hey, at least the Bow was fun to use but, katana is too. (saying this so TC could decide what kind of melee TC would choose)

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2013, 06:41 AM
Best to just try them out and see which is more appealing.
Everyone has different reasons for their own preferences.

Personally, Hunter feels too slow and "bulky" for me.
I hate the Fighter stances and how easy it is to miss enemies even at point blank.
Good Braver discs and weapons are a pain to get.
Braver is still undergoing changes, what with new PAs and speed changes in the next balance update.

Melee in general is also expensive to gear up.
Multiple weapons, elemental damage affixes, etc.

Vordox
Dec 13, 2013, 07:17 AM
Depends on what you wish to do in melee.

Hunter
Wired Lance = Great AoE gathering capabilities, lots of grapples and Crowd Controls the enemies. Very high damage output with gears.
Sword = Great AoE with normal swings, little worse CC, capable of doing insane dmg in AoE with Over End but needs a setup. Has abit of trouble with being slow but it's damage is unparallel when it comes to clearing a WHOLE group of enemies in 2 PAs.
Partizan = Fast attacks for Hunter, decent damage, has some awkward situations where it's good, but mostly is probably the weakest of Hunter. The Speed enables you to do things the other 2 cannot be, for example moving and avoiding.

Fighter
Double Saber = One of the highest possible damage in the game when it comes to DPS, high mobility and pretty safe when you are positioning yourself with the PAs. Has some issues with health at higher levels but the safety comes with a great prize.
Daggers = One of the more different class weapon type of gameplay. Air time makes you able to avoid most things in the game on the larger bosses and makes your damage pretty satifactory. However it's damage multiplier has some lower ends.
Knuckles = PUNCH THINGS, HARD and fast, Insane damage, low range. If you want single target dps, this is your thing for melee. Has NO CC so needs to play carefully.

Braver
Katana = Most already been said, fast, safe, decent damage, great instant Aoes. Nothing bad with this class, but nothing awesome.

This is my opinion of course. :P

MetalMarth
Dec 13, 2013, 10:18 AM
Thank you everyone for helping me! All these opinions has helped me thanks!

such help, much awesomeness, great community
Wow

MetalMarth
Dec 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
I like this thread already.

Me to my friend.... me to.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2013, 10:37 AM
Everything steamrolls everything so go with what you like. The most effective class is the one that lets you enjoy your time on the game the most.

MetalDude
Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
That remains true until you pick up Ride Slasher 16.

Then HU is automatically the most enjoyable class.

MetalMarth
Dec 13, 2013, 12:09 PM

whys that?

Bozhestvo
Dec 13, 2013, 12:43 PM

I must test this. Probably much much better with gear too.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2013, 12:48 PM
Ride Slasher was initially weak, but had the very unique property of being the only move HU had that did not bounce off of shields (without grappling), making it something HU could finally use to deal with multiple clipping wondas, plus it had phenomenal gear-building speed. I mean, I'd use one PA from 0 gear and be at max after riding through just 2-3 enemies, if enough hits landed. It also charged crazy fast, making it viable for charging up to level 2 or 3 from 0 gear to build some up from scratch without flailing your sword around.

It was exceptional for dealing with falz arms that wouldn't sit still too, since you'd follow them around landing your 16k hits all along the way (while over end would be hitting for, I dunno, 80 at the time was good?).

I have nfi how good/bad Ride Slasher's damage is now, but it's got to be just as fun and manageable.

Emp
Dec 13, 2013, 02:51 PM
I like both but please dont be the noob that Overends every spawn.

red1228
Dec 13, 2013, 04:08 PM
In my opinion;

Hunter has the better Skill Tree's (Iron Will, Never Give Up, Fury Stance, etc...), while Fighter has the better Weapon DPS.

Knuckles can dodge (that ducking animation) at any point during their attacks (requires practice, but its better then the standard Step/Roll/Float that usually requires you to finish whatever attack you were in the middle of doing) & Twin Daggers has invincibility frames DURING some of its attacks (lost count how many times I've "been immune to damage" from a Dark Falz Meteor, Org Blan Power Slam or Wingdra's Laser Beam while performing Bloody Sarabande).

Even with Weak Bullet involved, I can do more DPS with Katana (Sakura-Endo) or Twin Daggers (Bloody Sarabande) then OverEnd (slow, last vertical hit can miss & the BIG damage is strictly DURING the very LAST hit) or Assault Buster (requires re-positioning & a brief but-still-delayed charging between attacks).

I personally WISH Hunter had better options for DPS (or as someone here mentioned in another topic; move more damage to their PAs). But as I play the game & level up the three melee classes, I continue to find myself using Hunter only for its skill tress while using OTHER class's weapons (once in a blue moon I'll use Wire Lances for CC, but thats about it).

One of my buddies didn't even bother with DPS on his Hunter & put all his points into the right (Tank / Guard Stance) trees. His damage is laughable, but he can take an absurd amount of hits like... well, a "tank", despite only having about 800 HP.

. . .

TL;DR

If you're looking specifically for damage output, Fighter (or take a 3rd option & roll Braver). But play whatever class "feels fun" to you. Hunter tends to go well (as a SubClass) with most other class's.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2013, 05:06 PM
A couple minor (but still important) corrections/additions to red's post:
Daggers have autoguard, not invulnerability. Autoguard is usually directional. The twirl/parry is omnidirectional, but Bloody Sarabande is only from the front. Normal dagger swings have autoguard between the two strikes, every time, but it's so brief many people haven't even seen it block anything. Autoguard negates all damage to you, but does not inflict damage to the enemy. It's neither hunter guard nor hunter just guard, it's halfway between.

Knuckle duck is finicky and mediocre, and it doesn't work while your character is lowering OR raising their head - only when shifting to the side while lowered already (this gives it a brief delay before you have iframes after pressing your button, unlike dodges) - but it still cancels moves so it's the best at what it does.

But yes.

Fighter with backhand smash, deadly archer, bloody sarabande, and symphonic drive has pretty great single-target damage. I do mean single-target, some of these moves have very small hitboxes. Backhand smash is literally your character's actual hand, as far as I can tell. It won't reach the ground and it usually doesn't reach as far as the knuckle's model.

Katana braver with hatou rindou, sakura end, kanran, and these days gekka and tsuki offers a nice, balanced mix of damage and AOE, with HR dealing spectacular damage to bosses and things with many hitboxes (more hitboxes = more damage) at medium range, tsuki offering good damage:PP and great DPS in a small area at close range at the same time, and sakura end & kanran offering pretty nice damage for the area they cover and how fast they apply it. Katana combat is also a great support ability, letting you buff your damage, become invulnerable, and zip around for 20 seconds on then 70 seconds off.

The AOE finish can be taken or left really, it's a great strike on bosses and for clearing a wave of mobs (emphasis on "a," as in single, so if things are respawning it won't be as useful since killing an enemy with 100k extra damage is just as useful as killing it with 0 extra damage) but isn't the defining feature of the class anymore thanks to the better katanas and better attacks since its release.

In the end, fighter vs. braver is mostly about what you like more or what the party needs more.

Krimson
Dec 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
Hunter is slower but steady it will give you a bunch of passive dmg in fury tree there is also a tank tree that I have no idea what it does aside from getting hp from dmg lolol

Fighter is faster but it wants you to behind or in front of enemies and have them inflicted with stats or be at low health for atk bonus, it doesn't feel as stable as hunter but can easily out dmg hunter.

Personally I like fighter more since faster atks but hunter for survival if don't want to die as much that's best option.

They're both formidable classes.

That all aside, Imo gunner is ALWAYS best ;)

MetalMarth
Dec 13, 2013, 05:53 PM
Hunter is slower but steady it will give you a bunch of passive dmg in fury tree there is also a tank tree that I have no idea what it does aside from getting hp from dmg lolol

Fighter is faster but it wants you to behind or in front of enemies and have them inflicted with stats or be at low health for atk bonus, it doesn't feel as stable as hunter but can easily out dmg hunter.

Personally I like fighter more since faster atks but hunter for survival if don't want to die as much that's best option.

They're both formidable classes.

That all aside, Imo gunner is ALWAYS best ;)

kk thanks for the opinion!

Shinureal
Dec 14, 2013, 02:58 PM
Won't say too much, just look at my signature :)

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 15, 2013, 12:37 AM
I just said fuck it and mained br,fi, and hu.