PDA

View Full Version : Special EQ taking too long?

Edson Drake
Dec 13, 2013, 08:11 AM
Man, here I am sitting for hours watching movies, youtube, cartoons, anime and still haven't a single EQ this morning.

It used to be from about half an hour between them and it's really a long interval now. What's going on?

I want to get over the Mr. Umbra Xie CO but the quest doesn't appear as often as the others. Is it because of the AQ testing they want us so much to do? I wonder.

Reiketsu
Dec 13, 2013, 08:51 AM
It's because the EQ system sucks and they should fucking get rid of it.
Or at least make it so that an EQ is guaranteed to pop up every other hour, or even better every hour. And that interrupt rankings don't fuck it up so that you won't have an EQ for 4 hours after an interrupt ranking took place.

Seriously, the EQ system is a huge pile of bullshit.
Unless you're lucky and log in at the right time or have no life so you can stay on the game the entire day, you won't see that certain EQ you'd actually like to do.

I normally either get Amedouchia or Forest when I'm on or nothing at all. Only did the Den EQ twice so far and that was only because it was scheduled at those times >_>

UnLucky
Dec 13, 2013, 08:55 AM
I like how there hasn't been a Christmas EQ since they supposedly fixed St. Umblla

And you should get used to not having anything to do for tens of hours at a time. Enjoyment is RNG in POS2.

Ezodagrom
Dec 13, 2013, 09:05 AM
It's because the EQ system sucks and they should fucking get rid of it.
Or at least make it so that an EQ is guaranteed to pop up every other hour, or even better every hour. And that interrupt rankings don't fuck it up so that you won't have an EQ for 4 hours after an interrupt ranking took place.

Seriously, the EQ system is a huge pile of bullshit.
Unless you're lucky and log in at the right time or have no life so you can stay on the game the entire day, you won't see that certain EQ you'd actually like to do.

I normally either get Amedouchia or Forest when I'm on or nothing at all. Only did the Den EQ twice so far and that was only because it was scheduled at those times >_>
Every 1 or 2 hours would be too much. As it is now too many times I've wanted to do something that "required" help (for example TAs...well, they are soloable, but having help makes them go much more smoothly), only for an EQ to happen and making me have to wait an hour...
If they were guaranteed at every 3 hours though, that would be nice...

jooozek
Dec 13, 2013, 10:00 AM
it's a shitty system, yeah, it's made even shittier that there is no official twitter announcing the EQs and there is the idiotic "people are limited to only party with people on the block they are on"
warframe got something similiar to the EQs but they are much more frequent and you can do each only once unless someone invites you to their instance but you don't get the end reward when doing it, they announce them via an official twitter account ( https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts )

ThePendragon
Dec 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
They should increase the amount of EQ's that show up for each of the events, and just boost the shitty events to give incentive to run them. For instance:

Group 1
Darkers Den
City Points(Boosted EXP/PSE)
Ragne(Boosted EXP/PSE)
Falz(Boosted Drop Rate)
Hunar(Boosted EXP)

Group 2
Banthers(Boosted EXP/PSE)
Desert Guerillas(Boosted EXP/PSE)
Seasonal/Event Mission
Amduscia(Boosted EXP/Drop Rate)
Chrome(Boosted Drop Rate)

I didn't think this through 100% and I'm sure I'm missing some, but you get the idea. You put these on a cycle, guaranteed. Every 4 hours and you alternate how they appear daily. Like this:

Sunday
12AM - Group1
4AM - Group2
8AM - Group1
12PM - Group2
4PM - Group1
8PM - Group2
Monday
12AM - Group2
4AM - Group1
8AM - Group2
12PM - Group1
4PM - Group2
8PM - Group1
Tuesday
12AM - Group1
4AM - Group2
8AM - Group1
12PM - Group2
4PM - Group1
8PM - Group2

Etc.

gigawuts
Dec 13, 2013, 03:26 PM
I'm still at a loss as to why they don't make EQs on a permanent fixed rotation based on the planet, with seasonal/temporary ones showing up separately on a fixed schedule and having a system like elder falz, except in reverse where you're guaranteed entrance after the 30 minute mark if you missed it before then.

Sacrificial
Dec 13, 2013, 03:31 PM
it's a shitty system, yeah, it's made even shittier that there is no official twitter announcing the EQs and there is the idiotic "people are limited to only party with people on the block they are on"
warframe got something similiar to the EQs but they are much more frequent and you can do each only once unless someone invites you to their instance but you don't get the end reward when doing it, they announce them via an official twitter account ( https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts )

OR you could install the jp/en EQ announcer on your smartphone (android)

jooozek
Dec 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
OR you could install the jp/en EQ announcer on your smartphone (android)

what does that have anything to do with what i said?

TaigaUC
Dec 13, 2013, 03:54 PM
I'm still at a loss as to why they [insert here]

EvilMag
Dec 13, 2013, 04:22 PM
Make Christmas EQ a quest you can play anytime.

Coatl
Dec 13, 2013, 04:38 PM
Make Christmas EQ a quest you can play anytime.

No...

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 14, 2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I think the reason why Coatl replied "No..." to making "Christmas EQ a quest you can play anytime" is because that'd probably be the only quest that people spam all day, every day, which means that, you'd probably be hard-pressed to find other players interested in partying up with you to do anything else; it'd be somewhat reminiscent of the situation we had with Chaotic Border Break a long time ago. Although at first glance it appears to be a good idea to have the Seasonal EQ be a "permanent" EQ (for a couple a months until SEGA switches up or do something else), in all probability it'd be a bad idea.

Reiketsu
Dec 14, 2013, 03:07 PM
Well, even though people would probably only do the Christmas EQ and nothing else anymore, that'd still be a lot better than what we have right now with people doing nothing at all but standing in the lobbies all day, waiting for an EQ to happen...

Whenever I get into a full block, there are always like 4 or 5 parties open, with people doing bot runs, while almost everyone else has to desperately use the visiphone for some reason.

UnLucky
Dec 14, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'd much rather have something every (other) hour that you can only start up once. Or failing that, with the existing system, simply have it available for 5 minutes. Yes, d/c would suck, and you can't switch characters for Bingo or COs, but it's not a huge loss since EQs would happen so frequently.

Much of the reason why everything else is dropped in favor of an EQ is because they're never around.

gigawuts
Dec 14, 2013, 03:35 PM
Border Break being full time was alright because virtually everything in the game spawned. You could grab almost any kill CO and clear it there - exceptions only for lotti afaik (except for the enemies that didn't spawn, obviously).

Doing a Border Break style quest with only tundra enemies and seabed bird darkers? omfg no pls

I'm still reeling over them not having dal marmoses in the christmas EQ, I've needed to kill a boosted one for moooooooonths and I just can't bring myself to farm for one.

PokeminMaster
Dec 14, 2013, 04:45 PM
But isn't the Emergency Quest system supposed to be spontaneous and random? I haven't noticed anything terribly wrong with it, especially with the occasional (now quite frequen) scheduling of EQs... and I've actually seen an EQ come up only 2 hours after an IR ended, so...

As a side note, I've been playing since day 1 of the full release when every single one was separate, and I still don't have a single problem with it... Why does everyone dislike the system so much when EQs aren't all that rare? (As mentioned previously, they do interrupt a lot of things I'm trying to do that require help...)

UnLucky
Dec 14, 2013, 04:52 PM
Because I've been on the game before for 10 hours straight (mostly AFK) without a single EQ.

Many times I'd just be logging on once an hour or watching the unofficial twitter announcements and see maybe one EQ pop up that I don't even want to run. All day.

The problem with Interrupt Rankings is that it's impossible to get an EQ the hour that it ends (while the results are displayed), so basically if you don't want to participate, you're guaranteed to have no EQ for 3 hours (including the IR period).

For some people, that's the entirety of their free time when they can play.

jooozek
Dec 14, 2013, 06:45 PM
2 falluses in a row wasn't enough, have a 3rd one

UnLucky
Dec 14, 2013, 07:16 PM
Clearly their RNG is busted and it will require emergency maintenance.

Krimson
Dec 15, 2013, 06:53 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/
Those are jp times line them up with your times and you'll nvr miss an eq

like cradle will be in 5 hrs have fun :)

MetalDude
Dec 15, 2013, 07:47 PM
Basically, everything negative aspect about RNG becomes applied to everyone on the ship. Streak of absolutely nothing for 10 hours, streaks of EQs that nobody wants to run, endless Falz, and IRs that deadlocks EQs out for 3 hours.

The system sucks. Sega can't be assed to put something in the game that's actually enjoyable and rewarding to consistently run so we're left to do nothing.