PDA

View Full Version : Vita PSO2 Physical Copy (urgent)

Raymee
Dec 16, 2013, 12:28 PM
For those who have ordered a physical copy of PSO2 online, this may be a little different.

I was wondering if the Vita Physical copy required a Japanese Memory card.

Now, ordering it online would make sense for an import but my sister who is in Japan right now, asked a lady over the counter for a copy of the PSO2 vita version and the lady insisted that the copy can only be used with a Japanese Memory Card (as it says so on the box, according to the lady).

Is this true? I don't want my sister coming back from Japan with a copy of the game to find out that it isn't compatible with a US/CA/North American Vita memory card. I don't want her to waste money on something I can't use, obviously.

I know the game isn't region locked and I have it digitally downloaded as well on my JP PSN, but I want to have a physical copy as well and was wondering if there were any other things to be concerned about.

Thanks.

Krimson
Dec 16, 2013, 12:36 PM
I have pso2 physical copy and It doesn't, I use 16 gig from gs and put the game on my u.s account no probs so far.

Raymee
Dec 16, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm 99% positive it isn't, but I'd wait until someone can confirm it.

I have pso2 physical copy and It doesn't, I use 16 gig from gs and put the game on my u.s account no probs so far.

So there is no difference between a store-bought and an online purchase of the game? I guess that clears things up.

Thanks from the both of you. :-)

Alenoir
Dec 16, 2013, 03:03 PM
There isn't. The physical game will work no matter where your memory card's brought from. (They are most likely all made in the same place so it wouldn't have mattered.)

hiryuukatana
Dec 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
I also have a quick question about a hard copy of the vita game. Since episode 2 came out, would something like this (http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Vita-Phantasy-Special-Package-PS/dp/B00ABA7OK8/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387296944&sr=8-1&keywords=phantasy+star+online+2) still work? If so, does the new content get saved to the memory card or the vanilla game card?

IndigoNovember
Dec 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
It would get saved to the memory card.