PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to PSO2

Ratazana
Dec 17, 2013, 10:35 PM
I'm back after a long break. I was maining a Force and doing AQ exit bursts back then but apparently that's not possible any longer?

People are saying that currently Force is the weakest class and I even saw a couple of FO X rooms. Gunners which used to be the worst class seem to be quite popular now... WTF happened?!

What is the current state of the game?

Takatsuki
Dec 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
Techer is actually the worst class. Force is a little better. The problem is that due to the increased defenses and HP of Super Hard enemies, Forces/Techers simply can't put out enough damage to kill things decently quick.

Gunners have been good since like, a month after they came out. Once people realized how to properly play them. But now, because Hunter's Fury Stance got massive buffs, everyone is playing GU/HU now and getting a huge damage boost from Fury Stance.

ZIE creations
Dec 17, 2013, 11:17 PM
I actually play a Force / Tekutar and have no problems dishing out damage. Tekutar is still super weak though and is primarily a hybird class for melee/tech. Problem with classes at the moment though is the people that play them, each class has its benefits but few capitalize on the un-popular choices, such as force. I think this is because of the lack of knowledge in general players. >.<

More on-topic, the game is doing well for itself. It's getting close to adding a crafting feature which will add more depth and people still run AQs but I see more Extreme Quests parties than those. I mainly see braver classes running around at the moment though. This isn't because it's the best class or anything, it's just the newest and is great for hybrids such as Braver/Hunter or Braver/Gunner. Forces seem to be lacking a player base since the "pure" lightning or "pure" fire builds are falling off extremely bad but forces that capitalize on the tekutar bonuses and use all elements are still seen.

Also, weak bullet is still OP.

luca_maygrinn
Dec 17, 2013, 11:33 PM
on another note...
welcome back to PSO2 :)

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 18, 2013, 03:05 AM
Welcome back to PSO2.

But you know what's also coming back to PSO2? "Chaotic Border Break"... Oh yeah, baby... oh yeah.

Sandmind
Dec 18, 2013, 09:34 AM
Welcome back also.

Gunners have been good since like, a month after they came out. Once people realized how to properly play them. But now, because Hunter's Fury Stance got massive buffs, everyone is playing GU/HU now and getting a huge damage boost from Fury Stance.
You forgot to mention that GUHU only became mainstream long after the fury stance buff, with the addition of GU's new skill Sroll JA (mechgun shift action, allow to do a 100% JA right after it).

But you know what's also coming back to PSO2? "Chaotic Border Break"... Oh yeah, baby... oh yeah.

Looking at bumped, it's worded as sheduled EQ. So while all mob/boss are always boosted, it's basicly white day EQ.

Melodys
Dec 18, 2013, 10:10 AM
Welcome back to PSO2. A lot has changed since back then and other classes have received a massive buff in comparison to Fo/Te's. There once was a time when hunters, gunners and bravers were mediocre but now it is Fo/Te's turn.

From my random JP party experiences recently, most of them play Fighter, Braver or Gunner with Hu sub. Ranger I see sometimes but I rarely ever see a Force in the party and full-fledged Hunters (using swords and the like).

As for AQ exit bursts, I do believe it still works since Sega changed it back recently so that enemies spawned closer and more frequently.

Ratazana
Dec 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

I used to be a die hard force and only have fo/te/fi leveled. I dont even got gu unlocked...
Well, good thing we got the co reset item now.

jooozek
Dec 18, 2013, 11:40 AM
co reset item is a serious waste of AC recyclables, just make a new char, since episode 2 everyone has 2 character slots available

Ratazana
Dec 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
A new char? After all the money I spent on hairs/accessories/lobby actions? I don't think so! :-P

Besides I would have to redo all the COs and shit. Luckily I can afford to waste since I converted all my meseta into rare tickets before taking a break. Thanks god I sold two rough twin tails and one blindfold before the new year scratch was announced. 20% of that money should be enough to get both gu and hu to 45 in a couple of hours.

jooozek
Dec 18, 2013, 12:49 PM
super hard is the only thing people run, and it starts with 50 so you will have to get your RA to 25 to unlock gunner and then get GU/HU to 50, i think you are nuts; do tell how much overall it will cost you after you pull it off

Shinureal
Dec 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
Hello and welcome back to the game.
For classes I always played Hunters, from PSO times till now. I switch the sub to GU or FO sometimes, but just to try some weapons :)

Ratazana
Dec 18, 2013, 01:53 PM
Done. Well, 49/48 but each level from now on is gonna take a reset so I'm just gonna wait for Falz.

I had about 2m exp worth of daily cos to deliver so it was cheaper than I expected. Had to use 7 resets (found a ship with plenty of 126k fodder so about 1.5m each) and roughly 1m for each Cressida/Franka set. It took about 20m total.

jooozek
Dec 18, 2013, 02:00 PM
that's not too bad then, in any case, from what i gather falz was removed today from the random EQs and will only appear on schedules (that's if they even schedule him), he was replaced with that tower defense thing (pretty meh exp gain)