PDA

View Full Version : [WHAT IF] If PSO2 gone back to 3 classes...

isCasted
Dec 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
Imagine a situation where SEGA realises that balancing is broken and it's going to be too difficult to make a prober balancing between 42 different playstyles (inb4lolnooneplaysthat) with 7 classes. So, they decide to remove advanced classes and Braver and revert back to classic Hunter, Ranger and Force...

...with one exception - you can still have a subclass. So, they can make 6 playstyles that are equal by their potential. And then there's question: how would they keep game balanced and interesting if they have to sacrifice so much stuff that people use (weapons, skills etc)?

Let's try to imagine how it could outcome in a best way possible. Here's my theory:

Weapons
Hunter may have two outcomes:
1) Sword becomes faster and Partizans are replaced by Knuckles or whatever;
2) Hunter becomes Fighter with ability to use swords. Other melee weapons are voided.

Ranger gets ability to use TMGs, but there won't be stuff like S-Roll JA Bonus and stuff. Instead, power will be accumulated in different way (for example, gear may be accumulated by PP consuming attack from S-Roll).

Force gets ability to use wand and a reason to use it instead of Rod. For example, tech explosions may restore additional PP as Wand Gear is filled.

Gunslash, Bullet Bow and Slicers (imagination!^^) will be multiclass, but they will require you to main or sub Hunter, Ranger and Force respectively.

Skill trees
Obviosly, these classes would get some skills of removed ones, and older ones may be removed because SP are not endless.

Hunter
Fury Stance will apply to tech damage and require only two 10 SP skills to reach full power but defense penalty may OHKO Fo/Hu. Fury Up will be the skill that decreases it.
Guard Stance may get replaced by Wise Stance that has same power when 20 SP are invested into it.
Adrenaline, Iron Will, some Slayer and Chase skills. Maybe there can be something new.

Ranger
Weak Hit Advance is replaced by Weak Stance, trap skills are replaced by Average Stance. Weak Bullet will be nerfed, other bullet skills may be replaced by better ones. Add PP Restraint and some other good Gunner stuff here (ZRA may have a place here too, because Hunter can main).

Force
Obviously, no Photon Flare and status effect boosts. Elemental masteries for all 6 elements will require 10 SP each. Extend Assist, PP Convert, PP Restorate all may be there. Probably something with Wand and more buff stuff may appear if they really deeply want to fix it.

The Walrus
Dec 20, 2013, 01:30 PM
>remove braver

Fuck that it's like the most fun class to play

jooozek
Dec 20, 2013, 01:38 PM
how the make the game balanced without removing any classes and allow for real hybrid builds: balance the multipliers globally, make multipliers work only for weapons the class uses

Drifting Fable
Dec 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
Knuckles and Swords on the same class~. Suddenly, I'm ok with this.

The loss of katanas is unsettling though.

HeyItsTHK
Dec 20, 2013, 05:13 PM
Unless all partisan PAs are going on sword you can't take my precious partisan away from me.

Also no braver? Get out. >:[

moeri
Dec 20, 2013, 05:17 PM
but defense penalty may OHKO Fo/Hu

umm, Fo is already mostly OHKO. Wouldn't really change much.

SakoHaruo
Dec 20, 2013, 05:20 PM
I like having options

Emp
Dec 20, 2013, 06:49 PM
Remove S-Roll from the game? WTF

You're taking away my easy-modo class. Im supposed to be lazy while murdering stuff.

isCasted
Dec 21, 2013, 04:41 AM
>remove braver
Fuck that it's like the most fun class to play

Also no braver? Get out. >:[
Well, if there was a Braver, then Hunters would have actual melee sub, and Rangers would have actual ranged sub - that would ruin the whole point of using subclasses to make hybrids yourself.
About skills... Stances are on Ranger's tree, Bullet Bow is multiclass... What else would you wish?

The loss of katanas is unsettling though.
Huh... Then there's a problem: Katana is designed to be a universal weapon.
In fact, it's PAs are, by most part, better versions of PAs from other melee weapons (Kanran Kikyou is a better Deadly Circle, Hatou Rindou is a different approach on Sonic Arrow etc). Katana Combat is pretty much a replacement for Guilty Break and Raging Waltz. Also, Katana is fast and has huge AOE, that job could apply to Double Sabers easily if Deadly Archer didn't exist.
If game designers looked back at those PAs, they might realise their fault.
Really, the reason to have multiple kinds of weapons is having to switch weapon accordingly to situation. If Katana was a Hunter weapon, it would be the only melee weapon that they would use.

umm, Fo is already mostly OHKO. Wouldn't really change much.
Fo/Te? Maybe, but Fo/Fi is already not. And then there are Excube units, thanks to which I can survive 2 Caterdrans(sa) spin attacks in a row (3, if my mag decides to heal me). Fo/Hu would actually have even more HP.