PDA

View Full Version : If all bosses could be statused...

GALEFORCE
Dec 20, 2013, 09:17 PM
Let me say that I really enjoy games where bosses are not immune to status. It adds a new layer of strategy to a fight, and it's nice seeing your investment pay off. Other than the fact that the application is random (I wish it worked like in MH), I love destroying Quartz with poison-infused weapons.

Along the lines of quartz, it would be nice if some statuses had unique effects on the boss in question. Here's some I think would be neat:

Zesh-
Shock:Whenever it does a melee attack (claws, rapid spin), it gets paralyzed and flips on its back for a short time (about as long as a leg break).
Panic: The projectiles it shoots either fire off into the sky or straight up into the air and back to it, damaging it. Its core also takes 1.5x damage.

Ragne-
Burn: Works like normal burn, except it scales with your attack stat. It can also spread it to nearby enemies like normal burn.
Panic: Targets enemies with its lightning bolts. Its core takes 1.5x damage.

Vardha-
Shock: Parts no longer repair themselves (SH). Its cannon malfunctions when it tries to use it, leaving it open for attack until it closes.
Mirage: Missiles lose targeting and rain on the floor randomly. Bullets have a chance to miss you (do 0 damage).

Ringahda-
Mirage: Tornado/suction attacks do nothing.
Panic: Targets enemies with ring projectiles. Rings and core take 1.5x damage.

For future reference, I'd simply like panic to affect all darker bosses similarly (1.5x core damage, if applicable). Rare versions can be immune. Possibly have it affect infected bosses too. Feel free to share your own ideas :wacko:

Emp
Dec 20, 2013, 09:40 PM
As much as I would love to shock kitties with my pandora and make them the pussy cats they are...
Statusing bosses would make this game beyond easy.

^and sega doesn't like easy.

The Walrus
Dec 20, 2013, 09:42 PM
Then why is the whole game so damn easy?

Anywoo all I'd want for effects are Jellen and Zalure brought back.

Emp
Dec 20, 2013, 09:45 PM
Then why is the whole game so damn easy?

Anywoo all I'd want for effects are Jellen and Zalure brought back.

Idk. U can't perfectly balance anything. And ya we need Jellen and Zalure back. It would actually make shifta and deband more widely used.

Stickboy
Dec 20, 2013, 09:50 PM
i thought we can burn banthers?

The Walrus
Dec 20, 2013, 09:51 PM
you can, at least the fangs

PokeminMaster
Dec 20, 2013, 09:55 PM
Works on the snow kitties too, same effect with them writhing on the ground

GALEFORCE
Dec 20, 2013, 09:55 PM
Quartz takes double damage to poisoned parts already. I don't see why other bosses shouldn't have them. It makes it so the other statuses aren't totally useless and not worth affixing onto weapons.

Furthermore, having them count as actual statuses for chase advance would do wonders for fighter.

The Walrus
Dec 20, 2013, 09:58 PM
But fighter already does enough damage...

Works on the snow kitties too, same effect with them writhing on the ground

Oh ok, never burned them so wasn't sure

Stickboy
Dec 20, 2013, 10:51 PM
cater could be poisoned dealin' DoT

Krimson
Dec 21, 2013, 04:04 AM
But fighter already does enough damage...

Oh ok, never burned them so wasn't sure

If you break a monster in mid air and they fall stun or status effect happens, to chrome he fall down and is stunned for a little and if do it to banther while they're rushing they fall and burn or just falll and try to get up for a little same animation as burning
think same can happen Ragne during it's jump, not sure.

Dnd
Dec 21, 2013, 06:05 AM
think same can happen Ragne during it's jump, not sure.

If you break a ranges leg in mid-air, he finishes his jump but as soon as he lands he goes into the stunned phase, it looks almost like he lands funny and breaks a leg ;x

FacelessRed
Dec 21, 2013, 06:46 AM
Quartz and Ex can be poisoned

Caters can be poisoned

Rock bear can be burned (and perhaps mirage?)

Chrome I think can be Jellen Shot along with Bal rodos And I think snow banthers too. Shame nobody uses jellen shot.. because the game doesn't really cater to non dps. The new EQ screams that sentiment unfortunately.

Dnd
Dec 21, 2013, 06:50 AM
Everything can be jellen shot, but its a 1% damage reduction per point spent, which is why people don't use it. Rockbears can be miraged, wolgas can be shocked although it appears to do nothing. Mizers can be miraged but zexias are immune to it.

Rakurai
Dec 21, 2013, 06:53 AM
They need fix those status boosting skills on the Fo/TE trees.

Nobody is going to spend 10 skills points for an additional 2-3% chance of causing a status effect.

The only skill for them that's actually effective is Halfline Boost from the FI tree. I'd honestly bother to keep myself below 50% HP if it lets me shock Falz or freeze those Goldrahdas twice often.

Saffran
Dec 21, 2013, 07:05 AM
Vahrda can be shocked and Medusa can be frozen. (Vol has the frozen thing going on too)
The new boss can be confused with any grants technique.

GALEFORCE
Dec 21, 2013, 07:12 AM
Every sub boss can be statused in some way (those mentioned above). True bosses are almost universally immune. Quartz, EX, and the cats are the only ones I can think of that can be statused.

As for the typical "this game is too easy" response earlier, that's a moot point. You need to put status on your weapon to even see a benefit, then you have to roll RNG and hope you get the status to work. I go through quartzes sometimes with no poison activation, or it wears off before I can use it. It's just a nice bonus when it all works out. Furthermore, I doubt anyone who says this game is too easy solos much.