PDA

View Full Version : Quick 2nd opinion on Bow-braver

FacelessRed
Dec 21, 2013, 07:04 AM
I've got 2 full respec passes left. But after doing absolutely horribly in the Defense EQ on my 52 Bow-braver (range only) I'm unsure of keeping Weak stance.

My build is based off of ranger with weak point damage, and when/if I can hit weak points the damage is absolutely enormous. But in the EQ getting a killing blow with charge times and near complete inability to actually hit a weak point, I was thinking of changing things up to average stance and possibly /gunner (although /ra really would not be so nice to give up)

What would you guys do with a full range only Braver?

Limbo_lag
Dec 21, 2013, 07:22 AM
I would:
1. respec into average stance
2. HU sub, max out fury
3. use gunslash AB to clear mobs, and keep bows to do lodsa damage to bosses.

Alternatively, you could go the WB route (RA sub) and use launchers to mob, although I would still advise switching to av. stance, mainly because of the terrible mods which occur in weakstance to parts which arent weakspots. Your weakspot damage would be lower, yes, but youre now able to hit anything without a penalty, which should increase your overall damage.

The respec tickets arent that common, so you could also practice to hit weakspots more efficiently with the build you currently have.

....or you could switch to melee braver >:3

KazukiQZ
Dec 21, 2013, 07:29 AM
You could try Hybrid Braver, by maining Bullet Bow and alternate Katana when needed. Also, Katana just got a deadly Photon Art, Shunka Shunran that hit as hard as Over End but move as fast as Katana Combat.

And full Average tree is recommended if you want to do consistent damage, which also include Average S Charge, as most Bullet Bow's PAs and the useful Katana PAs are charged attacks.

oratank
Dec 21, 2013, 07:30 AM
make sure u can kill mob with 1 Penetrate Arrow if u want to use weak stance if not respec into average stance

FacelessRed
Dec 21, 2013, 09:56 AM
I can penetrate most mobs and kill in 1 -2 shots.

Not going /hu, mainly cause its level 22. I'm enjoying using final nemesis with ranger i can hit for around 200k per shot and with Banish arrow thats 400k. but setting them up is insane because of how badly I get Mobbed.

~Aya~
Dec 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
I can penetrate most mobs and kill in 1 -2 shots.

Not going /hu, mainly cause its level 22. I'm enjoying using final nemesis with ranger i can hit for around 200k per shot and with Banish arrow thats 400k. but setting them up is insane because of how badly I get Mobbed.

Use additional bullet for mobbing and the banish arrow in combination with kamikaze arrow or master shot for boss typesl enemies. This keeps things simple yet effective. Nemesis arrow isrerrible.. with WB + Banish + kamikaze spam, you should do around 700k-1m

FacelessRed
Dec 21, 2013, 10:35 AM
Use additional bullet for mobbing and the banish arrow in combination with kamikaze arrow or master shot for boss typesl enemies. This keeps things simple yet effective. Nemesis arrow isrerrible.. with WB + Banish + kamikaze spam, you should do around 700k-1m

isrerrible?

kamikaze doesn't hit hard enough to make up for the 200k, though I do use it, I try to get a banish + a few quick Kamikaze's and 1 nemesis.. but I rarely ever get to because I'm usually crowded. I've only just recently gotten level 16 additional bullet (2 days ago) so I haven't begun really incorporating it.

Limbo_lag
Dec 21, 2013, 10:40 AM
I think he meant to say "is terrible"

FacelessRed
Dec 21, 2013, 11:10 AM
I think he meant to say "is terrible"

I see...

Well, I don't think it's terrible. It's a lot of fun to manually aim for those weak spots. But it's a bit annoying with how many enemies got released with 0 auto target able weaknesses.

~Aya~
Dec 21, 2013, 12:02 PM
I see...

Well, I don't think it's terrible. It's a lot of fun to manually aim for those weak spots. But it's a bit annoying with how many enemies got released with 0 auto target able weaknesses.

Nemesis does not have hyper armor, is on the slow side and you cant reallyspam it. One flick from any monster would stop you completely. They either need to add hyper armor or just increase the damage % overall.

Also, she**

Blimpz
Dec 21, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'm curious as to what your setup is if your nemesis is doing 200k. Are you using WB too?

The highest I've done with /HU is 70k on weakpoint with no WB.

FacelessRed
Dec 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
I'm curious as to what your setup is if your nemesis is doing 200k. Are you using WB too?

The highest I've done with /HU is 70k on weakpoint with no WB.

I'm not /hu I'm /ra I have 50% damage bonus to weak point but im not doing 200k without WB it's WITH. (the 200k with weak bullet then banish repeats the total damage you've done in AOE-if fully charged-)

Nemesis does not have hyper armor, is on the slow side and you cant reallyspam it. One flick from any monster would stop you completely. They either need to add hyper armor or just increase the damage % overall.

Also, she**

I agree with the hyper armor.. but at the same time... I'm no hunter and being hit in general brings me near death.

-

And thanks for all the feedback. For now I'm sticking with weak stance mainly because My Hunter has Braver with average stance. But In the future maybe I can get 2 braver trees for both. Till then I'm still broke ;P

Blimpz
Dec 21, 2013, 04:03 PM
I'm not /hu I'm /ra I have 50% damage bonus to weak point but im not doing 200k without WB it's WITH. (the 200k with weak bullet then banish repeats the total damage you've done in AOE-if fully charged-)

Oh okay that makes sense. I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong with nemesis.

GALEFORCE
Dec 21, 2013, 07:34 PM
I would definitely go average stance. I'm curious about your current br/ra's one-shotting potential with penetrate though. You said it's 1-2 shot kills? Is that with first hit maxed?

It feels like they've been releasing more and more enemies without headshots just to counter ranger AB and gunner. Unfortunately, without the headshots many things just don't compete. Gunner doesn't care, of course, but weak stance bow just doesn't cut it anymore IMO.

~Aya~
Dec 21, 2013, 11:47 PM
I would definitely go average stance. I'm curious about your current br/ra's one-shotting potential with penetrate though. You said it's 1-2 shot kills? Is that with first hit maxed?

It feels like they've been releasing more and more enemies without headshots just to counter ranger AB and gunner. Unfortunately, without the headshots many things just don't compete. Gunner doesn't care, of course, but weak stance bow just doesn't cut it anymore IMO.

Average stance + the charge is the way to go since the extra % from weakness does not make up for you needing to always hit the weak point just to increase your DMG while also penalizing you for not hitting said weak points.

think RA/HU and why that is so good with the HU's skills/tree adding so much damage potential for R-Attk. This is why Banish + Kamikaze = wreck any one thing you hit multiple times in a row. You never need to charge kamikaze as long as you're close enough to the monster so that you can just JA and let go to repeatedly smash into your target, dealing massive damage and all the while adding up that total damage with banish to release a burst of an additional several hundred thousand damage~

It's very satisfying to say the least. Thanks for seeing~

^-^...

Punisher106
Dec 22, 2013, 01:59 AM
Katana just got a deadly Photon Art, Shunka Shunran that hit as hard as Over End but move as fast as Katana Combat.

I've Shunka'd the core of Ragne, with fury stance and weak stance, and only did like 5k to it, provided the horribly awkward aiming hits it. I believe you're overhyping this PA.

MetalDude
Dec 22, 2013, 03:32 AM
I'm going to guess you're unsure about how to actually use SS. It has additional strikes that you can do by inputting a movement direction. These hits are about 33% stronger than the initial hit while the final slice will hit twice for about 50% more than the first strike. I do something like 8000/10000/10000/12000/13000 over the entire course of the PA. It's extremely powerful.

GALEFORCE
Dec 22, 2013, 05:29 AM
Also, if you're having trouble landing the hits, lock onto the part you want to hit. You may dash around wildly, but for the most part you'll hit your target. I still use Hatou on ragne's core though. It builds KC hits faster for the katana finish.

Shunka has a bit of a learning curve attached to it, but once you get it, it's crazy good.

On the topic of Ra/Hu, I think launcher PAs might scale better even without headshots nowadays. I'm sure Rodeo Drive can do some work on SH mobs. I mainly played ranger for gunslash though, so I'm just not interested in the class much anymore.

KazukiQZ
Dec 22, 2013, 05:55 AM
I've Shunka'd the core of Ragne, with fury stance and weak stance, and only did like 5k to it, provided the horribly awkward aiming hits it. I believe you're overhyping this PA.
lol

After the 1st strike, use your arrow keys to set another 3 slashes, with the last one can hit multiple times. Not to mention you dash in each strike.

UnLucky
Dec 22, 2013, 05:56 AM
Anything involving Ranger really needs to be hitting weak points. So if you can't do that, then don't play Ranger. I really wouldn't suggest sacrificing your largest bonuses.

WHA+WS on a 2x weakpoint: 492%, non weakpoint: 90%
WHA+AS on a 2x weakpoint: 416%, non weakpoint: 133%

It's less of a deal if you sub Hunter since most of your damage doesn't already rely on hitting weakpoints. That's why Gu/Hu works so well.

Limbo_lag
Dec 22, 2013, 06:58 AM

With WB on core as well, you can hit ridiculous numbers with this PA. Something like 100k x 2 on the last 2 hits O_o just hold a direction key down if you arent yet familiar with it.

FacelessRed
Dec 22, 2013, 07:36 AM
I do have a reason to use the skill reset as I had virtually completed my /RA without the new skills and experimented a lot. Also this is my alt char and doesn't have any extra skill tree's unlike my main (whom I recently royally fucked up mistaking a status effect tree for a % damage tree in my rush)