PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Dragon spawns in desert now?

Zemarite
Dec 21, 2013, 06:12 PM
I thought he only spawned in EQs, it was White Day EQ if I recall correctly. Managed to get this sweet screenshot of it:

http://i44.tinypic.com/292pd85.jpg

It took me about 45-50 headache-inducing minutes to kill it solo. Even triggered a PSE Burst while killing him:

http://i44.tinypic.com/mvlnbs.jpg

Gwanahda showed up literally 10 seconds later :-(

http://i44.tinypic.com/33jgruv.jpg

Neith
Dec 21, 2013, 06:15 PM
Chrome Dragon can spawn pretty much anywhere. Same goes for Persona, Falz Hunar, Cougar NX and probably some others I'm forgetting.

PokeminMaster
Dec 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
Yeah, those bosses have always been capable of spawning in all free explorations...

You can also add Mesetan and Tagami Kazuchi as well as Dark Ragne, Gwanahda, and Zeshrayda to that list. Falz Arm, too, when playing on Super Hard. Blu Ringahda and Decol Malluda can spawn in Coast, Quarry, AND Seabed, but nowhere else outside of EQs. As a side note, Tranmizer and Big Varder also rarely spawn in Desert.

By including Chrome Dragon, you also infer general Insect Darkers: Dagan, Dagan Egg/El Dagan, Breeahda, El Ahda, and Dicahda. Not sure about Predicahda and Krahda...

Also, he didn't spawn in the White Day EQ, as like most even EQs, it had very limited spawns. It's the main boss of the permanent F. Continent EQ, Rampaging Malice XD

pkemr4
Dec 21, 2013, 10:09 PM
Big Varder

lolwut?

strikerhunter
Dec 21, 2013, 10:17 PM
You can also add Mesetan and Tagami Kazuchi as well as Dark Ragne, Gwanahda, and Zeshrayda to that list. Falz Arm, too, when playing on Super Hard.

Don't remember Zesh and Gwan being able to spawn in every Free expo.

Blundy
Dec 21, 2013, 10:21 PM
lolwut?

seen it in the desert he basically ate an entire field because they had to make a room big enough to hold him.

Sandmind
Dec 22, 2013, 12:07 AM
Don't remember Zesh and Gwan being able to spawn in every Free expo.

Of the top of my head, I killed Zeshrayda in free field forest and quarry.

Shinamori
Dec 22, 2013, 01:14 AM
Zesh can spawn just about everywhere. Gwana can only spawn in lillipa fields I think and coast.

Geistritter
Dec 22, 2013, 01:43 AM
Chrome Dragon, like Dark Ragne, spawns where ever the hell he wants. Most of the Darker bosses behave this way.

jooozek
Dec 22, 2013, 03:18 AM
Yes, Big Varder can spawn on "field," but only in the special area 2 map in desert... It's a very small area with 1 room that is really big; It's pretty rare and only spawns 2x Dark Ragne (from what I heard...) or Big Varder itself.

I've gotten the map before, but nothing spawned. I guess there's a chance for that too... lol

that just means that someone else already cleared the map before you

deahamlet
Dec 22, 2013, 05:23 AM
Zesh can spawn just about everywhere. Gwana can only spawn in lillipa fields I think and coast.

I just killed him (Gwanahda) today in Quarry Explo. Shocked me to see him there.

jooozek
Dec 22, 2013, 05:31 AM
I just killed him (Gwanahda) today in Quarry Explo. Shocked me to see him there.

yeah, gwanada can spawn in the free field, but only in the first area, same goes for wolgada i guess

PokeminMaster
Dec 22, 2013, 09:33 AM
Gwanahda has a VERY LOW chance to spawn in every field. His Seabed spawnrate is below 1%. I saw Gwanahda Bit on the list, but not Gwanahda itself. As for Zeshrayda, I've seen him spawn in every field, but sometimes it's only from a Destruction changeover.

jooozek
Dec 22, 2013, 09:58 AM
Gwanahda has a VERY LOW chance to spawn in every field. His Seabed spawnrate is below 1%. I saw Gwanahda Bit on the list, but not Gwanahda itself. As for Zeshrayda, I've seen him spawn in every field, but sometimes it's only from a Destruction changeover.

bzzzzzzzzzzzt
wrong
i went ahead and picked up a node from matterboard for a gwanada drop:

[SPOILER-BOX]not enough space to capture the forest free field in my res but no spawn of gwanadahas in it anyway so
http://i.imgur.com/BqyqYlM.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

from arks quest, only rare ore mining can get gwanada spawns

PokeminMaster
Dec 22, 2013, 10:06 AM
But I've fought Gwnahda in Tunnels and V. Caves before... Hm...

Guess I could be remembering incorrectly...