PDA

View Full Version : Partying Etiquette?

SamTehLulz
Dec 21, 2013, 09:32 PM
Just curious what most of the English players expect others to do and/or know when partying with others, such as when to say "Thanks!" after being healed or revived without seeming overly-annoying or how close to stay to the rest of the party, or whether you're supposed to say "Congratulations!" or "Congrats!" when someone finds a rare item, or if you're supposed to say "Thanks," after you finish a Quest or whether you should say "Bye!" before leaving, and how many times someone can get disconnected before being hated by the rest of the party...

Sorry for the strange questions, but I've been playing solo (Excluding Falz) since the CBT and it's gotten sort of lonely and I've wanted to join in with others, but have been kind of intimdated by how everyone would react by my ignorance of things people usually do when playing with other players.

NoiseHERO
Dec 21, 2013, 10:01 PM
All I expect is hello, thanks and goodbye.

But 50% chance I'll boot you for pet peeve reasons if not even a "hello."

Emp
Dec 21, 2013, 10:08 PM
As long as u properly greet the japanese players, ur fine. Japanese srsly get ticked if u don't. Its alsays nice to say hello and thank you anyone. I personally don't care cause I'm not OCD bout that shit.

I don't expect anything aside from party member using camo if they're going to dash with multi-class daggers...

Wtf is this. I don't understand why ppl complain that ppl should use camos with multiclass daggers.

All I expect is hello, thanks and goodbye.

But 50% chance I'll boot you for pet peeve reasons if not even a "hello."

Wow harsh much?!

Remz69
Dec 21, 2013, 10:14 PM
Wtf is this. I don't understand why ppl complain that ppl should use camos with multiclass daggers.

he said dashing, as in weapon switch dash, with multi-class daggers... it makes all the difference in the world

and actually he should have been more accurate and have mentioned that Kanshou Bakuya is banned and Zain the Gemini is to be chosen over Maple Branch if possible

Emp
Dec 21, 2013, 10:22 PM
Ugh... for some people (such as myself), my frames drop by at least ~50 or so whenever somebody switches to Nishiki/T-reaping... however I don't drop frames if I'm doing the switching, but only on uncommon occasions.

Basically, whenever my client loads the weapon model, texture etc my frame rate drop by a considerable amount.

The severity of the problem is random (basically "rng" when client is launched) and not hardware based.* Also, this is a problem with SEGA's shitty coding and it's not just the daggers have this problem. There's a few other weapons too. I believe yas9k, some katanas and a couple other weapons suffer from this as well.

** my friend has an old laptop (not good specs either) and his FPS never drops when I'm 4step dash with both multi-class daggers.

Sounds like graphical lag. My friend used to have the same fps drop problem, but now he uses a game booster to load his client up and defrag by bring the files closer so they can be read faster. I used to play League of Legends with shitty 30 fps but with a booster, my fps never went below 60, which is basically lag free.

pkemr4
Dec 21, 2013, 10:24 PM
there are people that still use gamebooster.....?

Remz69
Dec 21, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sounds like graphical lag. My friend used to have the same fps drop problem, but now he uses a game booster to load his client up and defrag by bring the files closer so they can be read faster. I used to play League of Legends with shitty 30 fps but with a booster, my fps never went below 60, which is basically lag free.

not spec related

i can run pso2, on its native max setting, at well over 200 fps
and pso2 is basically the only thing on my ssd

yet i still get these freeze frames most of the time while my game is capped at 120fps

SakoHaruo
Dec 21, 2013, 10:37 PM
Read party descriptions and make sure to greet everyone when joining the party. If you lack experience in a certain quest don't be afraid to let everyone know. That way you can get a proper briefing before leaving the ship.

In a few quest like MT: Nab II (or Amd barrier room) people expect efficiency because you have to solo a few of the boss areas. Instead of trying to take the easiest boss I recommend you learn how to kill all bosses or ask the party if it's fine for you to go N/S/E/W. You also need to learn the other TA quest. Taking too long really isn't a problem, it's the dying that pisses people off, especially if your level is higher than the bosses and enemies. And that's about it. I don't think people get pissed at anything else.

oh yeah no dashing with all class daggers.

Myriarch
Dec 21, 2013, 11:35 PM
Note: If there is a possibility of one of the party members being a Japanese player do not follow rules 1,5, and 7. because
it is a viable offense to be an English player on JP servers and it could result in you being banned.

1. Greet everyone in the party with a hello if you are joining their session or they join yours

2. Bring revives and a way to heal others

3. Stay close to the party

4. Play to the objective and listen to the other party members

5. Do not setup auto-words unless its something informative.

Example of important: There is an quest at B-6. (OR) I have died at A-3

A good way to auto this is to input: There is a {red}<et1> {def}at {red}<pos>{def}.

Example of useless: Begone foul monster we have no place for you here. OR I'll see you in hell rappy!!! D:<

6. once you've finished your quest send a Good job to your party members.

7. In the end say thank you for the party then leave.

Sylphia
Dec 24, 2013, 10:06 PM
IMHO One thing you should do is remove cut-ins, and unneeded autowords. Autoword on dying gets you a raise. Stupid autowords for various things, gets you kicked.

Cut ins are the same only worse, since you block everyone's view and can get them killed.

Hello, a thanks for a rez, and a goodbye or thanks for the party, are all polite. No hello when a stranger joins will get a boot if thier kit is as poor as thier manners.

Hello, thanks, and goodbye, are all easily settable in chat settings.

strikerhunter
Dec 24, 2013, 10:19 PM
1. Don't be afraid to ask questions for advice, etc. so that you improve on yourself.
2. Don't be a complete asshole and insult others.
3. Do the best you can do.
4. Rez others.
5. Give others hello and thanks (JP or EN doesn't matter)
6. Don't act like an elitest.
7. If asked to turn off AWs, then do so. Some people don't mind them even with cut-ins but some hates them.

Really it's just overall, hello, thanks, help, aidos, inform them if you don't have much experience in said in things, and not being a jerk (ex: calling an entire MPA stupid players for going another path in an EQ).

NoiseHERO
Dec 24, 2013, 10:43 PM
Wow harsh much?!

I just hate it when people join and don't say a word, unless you don't speak english or have any other fair reason.

Normally I'll greet them myself and wait, but if I get no reply AND they're not being very helpful...

Sometimes I'll just think "meh you're taking up space."

/Boot

I play with people outside of my friendlist only once a decade anyway.

SamTehLulz
Jan 4, 2014, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I think I have a general idea on what people are expecting...
Would this just go for Ship 2 or for the other Ships that people play on as well?

Thanks!

BIG OLAF
Jan 4, 2014, 12:38 PM
Well, being nice is universal. So, it would pertain to any Ship, or anywhere in life.

But, I'd say skip the hassle and just make a few friends and play with them all the time. Who has the patience for joining random people all the time? That would become very tiring, having to adjust to new expectations and personalities nonstop.

Wise Man
Jan 4, 2014, 01:46 PM
For the moment I only do missions by myself (still new to the whole scene) but when I do join in for emergency quests, or when someone does join me, I do make it a point to greet and thank them.

As for dying/healing, if its in a safe area I will make sure to say "Thank you" but if we're in the middle of a huge fight, I try to let my actions speak for me until a point where I can say thanks.

So far this has worked out for me lol

Takatsuki
Jan 4, 2014, 05:18 PM
1. If you're in a party, do NOT use grapple techniques of any kind. These move the enemy to your position, and due to latency, this can often make other players lose focus of their target. Nothing more frustrating than attacking an enemy at close range with Fighter than having someone Other Cyclone the enemy and it teleport halfway across the field.

2. Is your Mag a Delphinus? If the answer is yes, then you'd best get some EXCubes and change it's auto action to something that doesn't ruin everyone's combos.

3. Are you a Ranger? If so, you'd better be ready to Weak Bullet.

4. If you're a Force or Techer, you should always fully heal and buff your allies before bosses.

5. There is no reason to have an auto word for everything you do. Especially with cut-ins. If you have autowords for like, Just Guarding or dashing or using a photon art, then you're an asshole.

6. Always bring a full stock of moons. Always.

7. Know proper Falz etiquette. Rangers are to WB the arms (but not the lowest arms as those cannot be broken). Never shock in first stage. Never attack the core unless you're trying to shock. Do as little damage as possible when trying to shock. Don't attack the bottom arms. Ever. Falz's right arms (your left side) go first, then the other side. Always make sure all players are rezzed when it tells you Falz has little strength left. If you're not WBing, shocking or in the process of breaking an arm (i.e. you are a HU or FI), your job is to stand still and wait until the opportunity to break arms arises.

Xaelouse
Jan 4, 2014, 05:26 PM
There is nothing wrong with grab moves though. The person using it is guaranteed to kill them unless they're like not using fury stance or something. As for big enemies holding current holds them in place for everyone to wail on it
The only situation where you should avoid using them is when people are waiting at fixed spawn points. When an enemy is grabbed, it stalls the next spawn until the PA is finished killing them, and wired lance's PAs are very lengthy sometimes