PDA

View Full Version : Grind/Affix Boost Event

jcart953
Dec 25, 2013, 01:41 AM
As, the title says it looks like there's going to be a grind/affix boost on the 28th (assuming im reading the link right). So get ready for those jacked up prices to come.

Source :

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2802

MetalDude
Dec 25, 2013, 01:42 AM
5%, those fucking trolls.

MetalDude
Dec 25, 2013, 01:43 AM
Also, I'm not even remotely surprised this is following up the crafting system update. It's a trap just like last time.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Dec 25, 2013, 01:43 AM
5% is 5%

Time to 5slot Everything I own

jcart953
Dec 25, 2013, 01:44 AM
haha yeah im thinking its a trap 2 lol. They want us to waste our money on those new useless 11*s they been giving away (well to everyone but me).

Dark Priest
Dec 25, 2013, 01:46 AM
5%, those fucking trolls.

what a joke..that is not even noticable.

if they going to do this at LEAST make it reasonable. in other words, you'll still fail just as often with it.

Arksenth
Dec 25, 2013, 01:47 AM
5% actually helps a lot with affixing if you're trying to unlock multiple slots which tends to be the most chancy part, so I'm not complaining.

DeificEpyon
Dec 25, 2013, 01:48 AM
what a joke..that is not even noticable.

if they going to do this at LEAST make it reasonable. in other words, you'll still fail just as often with it.

Yeah, seriously...

They could at least make it 10%. I'm ready for all the 95% failures I'll see on the Uploader like last time.

Tomo-Kinji
Dec 25, 2013, 01:49 AM
Uh I just grind several stuffs recently, like Pao Houou to +10, 11* xq gun to lvl2 +10, Adding 3slotting then affixing Burn III to Flamme Gun :(

Oh well, not that I'm complaining ^^;

kisamehosh/C
Dec 25, 2013, 01:53 AM
haha yeah im thinking its a trap 2 lol. They want us to waste our money on those new useless 11*s they been giving away (well to everyone but me).

; >_ > all the new 11*'s are top teir in there respective weapon types.(unless you cant read numbers...)

MetalDude
Dec 25, 2013, 01:58 AM
The 5% for affixing is both a boon and awful at the same time. I've seen way too many 95% failures to trust that number, while at least the forcing part of the process is slightly less terrible.
For grinding, my luck managed better with it but I've seen several people from last time not really see the difference.

I'd usually be indifferent/slightly happy to this event but they followed up the last grind/affix boost event with content that outdated the gear people just worked out and it's not surprising to me that this is following up the crafting system.

Alma
Dec 25, 2013, 02:00 AM
; >_ > all the new 11*'s are top teir in there respective weapon types.(unless you cant read numbers...)

wait till *10 become craftable and has new potent, the so called *11 top tier will be dethrone to mere swagtier :/

as for 5%....
dammit sega, last time you fail me double 95%....
why you no give us 10% like once used before??? orz

gigawuts
Dec 25, 2013, 02:02 AM
It's 5% because that allows 30% boosted ability III affixes to fail some of the time.

No other reason.

Limbo_lag
Dec 25, 2013, 02:05 AM
It's 5% because that allows 30% boosted ability III affixes to fail most of the time.

No other reason.

Fixed that for ya.

I used to believe that 90%'s were accurate, but now I realise its just a lie. :-?

Dark Priest
Dec 25, 2013, 02:06 AM
It's 5% because that allows 30% boosted ability III affixes to fail some of the time.

No other reason.

Would it really fucking kill saga to give SOME kind of 100% chance? why are they so adamant over abusing " we want you have a chance at failing, at all times, no exceptions" 11-12* are already a nightmare to upgrade. they just want you to have no hope.

kisamehosh/C
Dec 25, 2013, 02:06 AM
wait till *10 become craftable and has new potent, the so called *11 top tier will be dethrone to mere swagtier :/

=_= you put too much hope in the crafting system...its not going to be just a cake walk.

Limbo_lag
Dec 25, 2013, 02:10 AM
Would it really fucking kill saga to give SOME kind of 100% chance? why are they so adamant over abusing " we want you have a chance at failing, at all times, no exceptions" 11-12* are already a nightmare to upgrade. they just want you to have no hope.

Well, to be fair, the only thing this applies to is ability III, level VI+ affixes, and if you wish to add SEs without a booster soul. Also stuff like modulator/vinculum/mutation I guess. In this case, the major one is ability III anyway.

But I still agree is a stupid system. Essentially keeps rich people rich and poor people poor.

EDIT: Also, if it were to be boosted to +10%, for "normal" level III affixes, you'd only need a 10% booster instead of a 20. So theres that to consider as well.

Shinamori
Dec 25, 2013, 02:14 AM

as for 5%....
dammit sega, last time you fail me double 95%....
why you no give us 10% like once used before??? orz

We should already have up to 10* craftable when the item customization system drops.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 25, 2013, 02:21 AM

=_= you put too much hope in the crafting system...its not going to be just a cake walk.

Eh, I had a much longer post explaining my opinions on this, but I'll go with the abbreviated version; I think you're overestimating the strength of the 11* and you're underestimating the strength of properly affixed/ground 10/9*, let alone the difference in availability of the two.

But that's just me. *shrugs*

jcart953
Dec 25, 2013, 02:24 AM

Neither is getting a 11*, fact still remains most 10*s overshadow the 11*s armor/units and they still have greater potential to further that gap come customization time.

KatsuraJun
Dec 25, 2013, 02:29 AM
A lot of 11*s aren't even good... at all.

As for the ones that are good, they're outclassed in other areas - Guld Milla isn't even close to being the most damaging mechgun for example. And the ones that *are* the best like Yasminkov 7000M and Nasuyoteri only edge out just BARELY against the competition, and is probably not worth the difficulty in grinding (it's not only harder but costs 2-3 times as much per try...) unless you want to show it off.

Honestly, the only two Falz rares I (personally) even care about getting are the Orochiagito for looks, and Elysion because of it's unique potential and playstyle.

gigawuts
Dec 25, 2013, 02:34 AM
PSO sold itself on lots of weapons that did lots of things.

I don't really know why they shied away from that and got into this mega-investing into a single weapon thing. The Guld Milla is doing it right: It does something unique. It should be tradable, yes, but it should stay unique. Elysion too. Every 11* should do something other than raw damage, or at least damage that's significantly different.

I mean... guld milla and elysion are unique. Motav prophecy and twin kamui are noticeably higher damage (less so on the motav). Flame visit and falclaw? Pffffft, why?

KatsuraJun
Dec 25, 2013, 02:36 AM
I actually dislike the way Elysion is handled.

Uncharged tech playstyle shouldn't hinge solely on getting one of the most absurdly rare weapons in the game.

Hell, even if it was tradable, it'd still cost an ass-ton of meseta.

gigawuts
Dec 25, 2013, 02:56 AM
I agree of course, a twofold gain is a bit much. I've been pushing for uncharged tech advance and uncharged PP save on techer since the beginning.

GALEFORCE
Dec 25, 2013, 02:59 AM
Imagine how awesome it would be if Elysion had free foie in this game.

gigawuts
Dec 25, 2013, 03:05 AM
Free like level 1-5 Foie, you mean.

TaigaUC
Dec 25, 2013, 04:22 AM
Yeah, obviously another trap.
It's a big warning sign that says "all your shit about to be obsolete".

jooozek
Dec 25, 2013, 05:33 AM

neither is getting 11* and getting them to 50 element

EvilMag
Dec 25, 2013, 05:39 AM
I'm gonna take Peppy Hare's advice this time!

TaigaUC
Dec 25, 2013, 05:39 AM
Crafting system will probably be something like...
1. Kill Rogbert 500 times for a rare recipe to extend 5 stars by 5%
2. Materials required from recycling 100 10 star weapons per recipe use
3. Use the recipe 300 times to get extend up to 9 stars by 10%
4. Kill Vol Dragon 700 times for a rare recipe to extend lv 2
5. Repeat 2 and 3.

Etc, etc. I dunno, but I'm expecting the worst.
I forget what's already been established, but I hope recipes aren't single time use.

jooozek
Dec 25, 2013, 05:45 AM
5. Repeat 2 and 3.

I forget what's already been established, but I hope recipes aren't single time use.

from what i remember a big thing will be being able to use other people room crafting recipes so it wouldn't make too much sense to make them one-time use only

GALEFORCE
Dec 25, 2013, 06:58 AM
Free like level 1-5 Foie, you mean.

Free lv 1 foie would still be really good in this game. Especially if it actually regained your PP on hits.

Emp
Dec 25, 2013, 07:02 AM
5. Repeat 2 and 3.

Ok srsly...

How the hell are we gonna kill Vol 700 times? ^^;

GALEFORCE
Dec 25, 2013, 07:03 AM
I gotta be pretty close to that with Quartz by now.

The Walrus
Dec 25, 2013, 07:04 AM
Ok srsly...

Pay a bunch of people to start runs and wait at vol for you so you can just kill a vol, go to the next persons quest and repeat process till 700 vols \o/

Emp
Dec 25, 2013, 07:08 AM
Pay a bunch of people to start runs and wait at vol for you so you can just kill a vol, go to the next persons quest and repeat process till 700 vols \o/

LEECH! :D

The Walrus
Dec 25, 2013, 07:10 AM
You say leech, I say http://i.imgur.com/NztC5T0.gif

:3

I'm too lazy to do it either way though so \o/

gigawuts
Dec 25, 2013, 08:36 AM
I've got time. I'm not a hyper aspergic neckbeard ultrameta minmaxing quaddecadasher, but depending on the way the crafting system works I might wind up being crazy good at it just because I have time and like to learn mechanics.

My only real concern is that it'll have a finite number of recipes per account - or worse, per character. Something like 6 recipes per character. Oh god, the horror.

TaigaUC
Dec 25, 2013, 08:46 AM
Ok srsly...

New Year's city EQ with Vol spawns.
Or a month of non-stop Vol interrupt events.
Cuz they want to encourage people to play right now.

If you try crafting after the events are over, too bad!
Gotta wait a few months until they schedule more!
Keep playing until then!

It's going to be kinda stupid having recipes bound to character instead of account.
Same room and everything, after all.

angrysquid
Dec 25, 2013, 09:35 AM
I wonder if the free MyRoom will be capable of holding at least 1 crafting appliance + the partner console..

jooozek
Dec 25, 2013, 10:09 AM
I wonder if the free MyRoom will be capable of holding at least 1 crafting appliance + the partner console..
partner console is mostly for display and changing equips, once you setup those you can just remove the console and send the partner from the room console to clear COs
they were also accessing the crafting menu from the room console

UnLucky
Dec 25, 2013, 10:35 AM

No other reason.
Exactly. I saw the 5% and immediately scoffed.

Yes, any boost greatly improves your chances at pushing slots.

But Ability III and such are still not worth attempting.

I agree of course, a twofold gain is a bit much. I've been pushing for uncharged tech advance and uncharged PP save on techer since the beginning.
Well there is "TechNonChargeSave" in the datamined skills. Though it's 10% for 10SP at the moment...

Ratazana
Dec 25, 2013, 10:47 AM
5% does suck but it's a good opportunity to raise some memeta. Stock up on affixes/grinders/hp/pp/power/shoot/tech boost and fodders while you can.

Stickboy
Dec 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
send the partner from the room console to clear COs
you can do that?

Remz69
Dec 25, 2013, 11:56 AM
this event is already over for 90% of the players anyway and it locked them out of affixing for the next 2 weeks
fodder prices are that dumb at the moment

UnLucky
Dec 25, 2013, 01:53 PM
this event is already over for 90% of the players anyway and it locked them out of affixing for the next 2 weeks
fodder prices are that dumb at the moment

Well here's what you do, force the amount of slots you want onto your target item, farm the souls yourself and get that on there. That's the best use of the +5% event without breaking the bank.

Then wait for the fodder market to crash after everyone rushes to sell their investments all at once.

Even if you go for Soul/Stat/PP/Boost it's guaranteed with just a +20%, no need for an event, so you can do that any time.

gigawuts
Dec 25, 2013, 02:03 PM
Then wait for the fodder market to crash after everyone rushes to sell their investments all at once.

This is what amuses me the most about this game.

Level cap will increase -> people will want 75% exp boosters -> photon spheres will be in super high demand

everyone knows this so they think they're being smart when they horde them

then they sell them as soon as the server comes up

they can't wait to turn a huge profit, they're so smart

price crashes by like 50%

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Remz69
Dec 25, 2013, 04:14 PM
Well here's what you do, force the amount of slots you want onto your target item, farm the souls yourself and get that on there. That's the best use of the +5% event without breaking the bank.

Even if you go for Soul/Stat/PP/Boost it's guaranteed with just a +20%, no need for an event, so you can do that any time.

i know :-)
i did overgeneralize, my bad

let's say that as far as i'm concerned, and i'm not the only one i'm sure, this event basically takes a feature out of the game for a week and a half

then you can only hope you won't miss the crash because the window is short
and a foreigner is even more likely to miss it

TaigaUC
Dec 25, 2013, 07:35 PM
Level cap will increase -> people will want 75% exp boosters -> photon spheres will be in super high demand

I just use my photon spheres myself.

Anyway, I'll just be grinding crap during this event.
Then I don't have to deal with stupid affix prices just to have them fail on me anyway.

Oh, and I'll have an opportunity to clear my storage of these damn affixes.

Asellus
Jan 12, 2014, 03:54 PM
I know this is late but, 5% is GOD. It's really only the noobs (no offense) who say otherwise. Please beg to differ so I can show you how much money can be made when a simple 5% affix boost is applied.

gigawuts
Jan 12, 2014, 04:04 PM
I know this is late but, 5% is GOD. It's really only the noobs (no offense) who say otherwise. Please beg to differ so I can show you how much money can be made when a simple 5% affix boost is applied.

* on average

jooozek
Jan 12, 2014, 04:18 PM
"mom, watch me roll the die xD"

Enforcer MKV
Jan 12, 2014, 04:19 PM
Because having good luck yourself clearly is indicative of the entire player base.

Yes. Clearly.

gigawuts
Jan 12, 2014, 04:32 PM
"mom, watch me roll the die xD"

A 5% boosted die!

MetalDude
Jan 12, 2014, 04:59 PM
It's like bragging about winning $20 in the scratch off lottery. You had nothing to do with your success and it's very likely that you'll just lose the next 5/10/100 times anyways, yet you act like a snob just because.