PDA

View Full Version : Tower Defence Tactic Discussion

TERAGON1996
Dec 27, 2013, 10:42 AM
I dunno if everyone cares but when you are in a mpa while solo or in party, it sucks really hard. Especially for VH and H. So I have a proposal for doing this EQ without ending up failing all 3 towers in any wave.

Party: When you are in a party, once it reach full people, tell the party on which tower you are going to defend. If everyone choose the same, someone needs to change.

Solo: If you do solo, you are best to go down to the portal and tell which tower you defend once everyone is down there. This goes the same when you party up when EQ just opened.

Crystals: Everyone goes get crystal when no wave is happening. But it will be best to group back to the area of the tower before 10 secs wave happens. Those people guarding with no monster near should go collect as much as possible. It would be best that one wave the total amount is 1000 (before happening and wave about to end)

Defending: There are people that end up being at the frontline while enemies either teleport or run straight to the tower which leaves the tower defenceless. And it take time just to run back. So it would be best that both Hu and Ra stay near the tower. Launcher users can try defend both. Hu can try put up barrier when too much enemy comes instead of charging up and end up killed. It would be best if there is a Fo or WarCry user near the tower to round up enemy. But try not to get killed, just round up as long as possible until others come.

Barrier and Heal: I don't need to say this but use barrier if you think it's too overwhelming (use it even though many people gather, unless got Fo and WarCry to round up). Heal the tower when the tower starts dropping half of it. This job is for those who are supose to guard it.

Boss: Someone with WarCry use it. And kill it as fast as possible (for VH and H). Rounders are best to notice if there is a horde of enemy coming in or not. So have 3 person or more dealing boss should be enough, but don't make the tower completely defenceless.

Final Wave: Once reach Final Wave, prepare photons and machineguns at every as possible before it starts. Have 2 photons near the tower as spare just to deal with later spawns when boss is killed.

PAs recommendation: For mass no. of enemies use these: OverEnd (don't use WarCry with it, you might end up dying before striking), OtherCyclone, OtherSpin, HoldingCurrent, WildRound, SpeedRain, SacredSkewer, WildRhapsody, BloodySarabande, TornadoDance, RumblingMoon, DeadlyCircle, QuakeHowling, KanranKikyou, SakuraEndo, HatouRindou, Thrillerplode, AdditionalBullet, Kreisenschlag, GrenadeShell, DiffuseShell, Glory Rain, Divine Launcher, ConcentrateOne, Cluster Bullet, ZeroDistance, BulletSquall, ReverseTap, HeelStab (charged ver.), TorrentialArrow, GravityPoint. These are only when enemies are around the tower

Final Wave and Enemies after Boss: As you know, the Final Wave boss throws a big ass bomb to one of the tower. From what I see, the bomb seems to target the weakest tower. There will be another wave of enemies once the boss is killed and they seem to spawn at the weakest tower as well

jooozek
Dec 27, 2013, 10:47 AM
about bosses: when you got aggro of the boss, make it face the opposite of the towers for fucks sake
gotta love ragne discs coming out of nowhere :lol:

Kikikiki
Dec 27, 2013, 10:47 AM
:KIRITO USER

Takatsuki
Dec 27, 2013, 10:49 AM
I think we should all hit the big exploding darkers right in the face when they're standing next to the base.

Edit: Also wow, your PA suggestions suck. Anyone who uses Wired Lances in an MPA is a poison to the entire group.

~Aya~
Dec 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
When you're me, you never fail and are always in 1st or 2nd place in every TD that you do.

final_attack
Dec 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
Uh, for WarCry use on normal mobs, don't cast them too close from tower. Get a little bit of distance. Since last time I tried as GuHu (my main), WarCry (still lv3 - yep, I'm a glass decoy :v ) need a little time until the mobs start rushing on you :o

Just a little time, but it's better to cast with some distance from tower, since sometimes, you can't aggro all mobs at once using WarCry (too spread out). Giving a little bit of space + Infinity Fire = most mobs will rush on you :o

And I find Infinity Fire more useful than Heel Stab, since you only need a few hits to draw the mob attention, and it's faster (no need to charge and my personal preference ..... easier to use in manual tps mode ^^; I'll try using Heel Stab again to see which one is better next time.)

I always end up in rank 5 - 10 though. Since I mainly only draw the mobs attention and collecting crystals (not that fast since I don't have step attack, and weapon slot is full with tmg, so, no Assault buster) :o Well, lots of people wanna rank 1st, so, yeah, I'll let them kill the mobs. As long as at the end, we got S-Rank (if possible, since I can't cover the entire maps OTL). Drop rates are affected by clear condition, right? Not personal rank :)

Oh right, I usually stick to 1 tower. Depending on my party :o Sometimes 1 or 2 people from party will go covering other tower if needed :o The others, sticking to tower :3

Ratazana
Dec 27, 2013, 11:12 AM
12 naked forces could probably get S Rank. People need to start making an effort to do it FAST so 3 runs become the norm. Lets not settle for mediocrity.

MetalDude
Dec 27, 2013, 01:08 PM
3 runs is definitely doable. The positions of some waves are partially randomized, but even just having a frontline Zondeel/GU team on each tower will put out tremendous stopping power and make it easy to wipe everything out. If people are very efficient about crystals, you can have particle cannons up to snipe the first set of final wave golds.

Dnd
Dec 27, 2013, 01:26 PM
IN our team MPA this morning we got a 3rd run in by no more then 5 seconds, the DPS we had to put out was insanely high to pull it off aswell.

As a Gu/Hu I've found messiah time VERY useful here, dive into a bunch of zondeeled mobs with it and pour out a crazy amount of damage very quickly, infinite fire is great for following a new spawn to build hate of most of them to pull them back. Elder rebellion also shines as a snap aggro PA and heel stab is well... heel stab I suppose xD

Its totally doable to get 3 runs, but really never in random groups imo.

ChinaSue
Dec 27, 2013, 02:30 PM
The way we have been doing it is, we have 1 party per tower. For each tower, there are about 2 or 3 people camping the spawns and 1 at the base of the tower to clean up the few mobs that might get through. The people at the middle tower kind of float between all towers to help if needed.

We S rank consistently and have been consistently getting a 3rd run.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 27, 2013, 02:44 PM
which is why campers are necessary on this, they take some of the spawns away.

I've managed to get the aggro of those Ninja mantis guys before even teleporting to the tower. so that helps a lot.

those PA suggestions. . . LOL seriously? Glory Rain?, also Zero Distance? much more LOL, Reverse Tap, even more, Bullet Squall LOOOOOOOOOL. some of the PA's you picked actually sucks badly.

angrysquid
Dec 27, 2013, 04:12 PM
Combo'ing Heel Stomp with Reverse Tap is super usefull o_o

Shinamori
Dec 27, 2013, 05:51 PM
I think we should all hit the big exploding darkers right in the face when they're standing next to the base.

Edit: Also wow, your PA suggestions suck. Anyone who uses Wired Lances in an MPA is a poison to the entire group.

Only useful WL PA is Other Spin since it acts like a mini zondeel.

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2013, 06:13 PM
Only useful WL PA is Other Spin since it acts like a mini zondeel.

Ding ding ding.

It's zondeel at a distance. Please use this, hunters.

TaigaUC
Dec 27, 2013, 07:00 PM
My Fo/Te strategy is basically to stand near center and use Talis to cover all three bases with crowd control AOE and support.
When everything's fine, gather crystals.

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2013, 07:04 PM
On my ice FO (my preferred kind of FO for this) I hug a tower and buff everyone nearby, have rabarta at the ready for teleporters when I see a large spawn for my tower on the radar, and then gibarta large spawns.

I usually take a side tower, and if I have a party at least one person takes the other side tower. The other two either help with towers or roam to thin spawns and help towers in need.

The only time this strategy has ever failed me is when I strayed away and my tower got nuked by bibras's poop bomb because, what do you know, I was the only person that would have watched that tower. IOW, that strategy didn't fail me; I failed it.

On my braver I roam in front of a side tower and center evenly and nuke everything because hahaha wtf braver.

TaigaUC
Dec 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah, Ice is actually sorta useful for this. Sorta.
Talis has massive range for setting up AOE.
Barta works too, since it goes through enemies you can freeze a bunch of them in a row.

My Fo/Te strategy is designed to be general backup.
I keep watch for Biblas bombs and vulnerable towers.
Saved a few runs that way. Of course, I still came in 12th but whatever.

I'm probably doing something wrong as Braver because I tend to come in around 6th while other Bravers are 1st.

Tenlade
Dec 27, 2013, 07:15 PM
On my ice FO (my preferred kind of FO for this) I hug a tower and buff everyone nearby, have rabarta at the ready for teleporters when I see a large spawn for my tower on the radar, and then gibarta large spawns.

I usually take a side tower, and if I have a party at least one person takes the other side tower. The other two either help with towers or roam to thin spawns and help towers in need.

The only time this strategy has ever failed me is when I strayed away and my tower got nuked by bibras's poop bomb because, what do you know, I was the only person that would have watched that tower. IOW, that strategy didn't fail me; I failed it.

On my braver I roam in front of a side tower and center evenly and nuke everything because hahaha wtf braver.

This is exactly what i do, in addition of making the mistake of thinking players currently defending a tower would actually stay there.

never leave the tower

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2013, 07:28 PM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up83968.png

gigawuts
Dec 27, 2013, 07:28 PM
Also, barta sniping adjacent towers is a godsend for support.

Sabarta's flaws are highlighted particularly well in this, however. Enemies won't be locked by it if they're running to the tower, and goldrahdas won't be locked by it at all.

ChinaSue
Dec 27, 2013, 07:33 PM
What I usually do for FO/TE is go full fire and stand at the top of the map on/close to the spawn. Dagans you can 1 shot with rafoie. Gifoie is very effective at killing groups of El Ahda quickly. For the goldrahda, I usually try to aim gifoie at the breakable part on the backs. This usually stuns them long enough for a GU or BR to finish them off.

Rafoie is also good at killing ninja bugs, el ahda, and dagans at other spawns because of its long range. Just try not to hit the goldrahda in other lanes with rafoie. It draws aggro, but I can't kill them as quickly as the other enemies with rafoie. It is more trouble than it is worth.

I usually try to PP convert or ketos proi at the start of the wave as soon as the timer hits 0.

This is with an organized MPA though. You might need that zondeel for PUGs with people running everywhere aimlessly, but fortunately, I haven't had to PUG yet so I am not sure.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 28, 2013, 02:13 AM
Combo'ing Heel Stomp with Reverse Tap is super usefull o_oCombo, wha? DID I READ COMBO? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!

MY MIND IS BEING POISONED RIGHT NEOW!!! :wacko:

Rakurai
Dec 28, 2013, 02:26 AM
It only recently occurred to me that aiming a photon turret in front of a wave of Goldrahdas instead hitting them head on is far more effective at taking them out, as it's easier to get head shots on them that way.

Sadly, you don't get points for killing enemies with turrets...

chivien
Dec 28, 2013, 02:52 AM
What I usually do is afk in the corner and then proceed to break the big crystal 8-)

Ratazana
Dec 28, 2013, 03:17 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up83968.png

This.

People stealing aggro from a handful of roaches near the spawn point are single handed adding several minutes to the run.

Zondial isn't even really needed. Just wait near the tower for the roaches (they will come don't worry) and freeze 'em with the barrier. Two gunners spamming messiah time on frozen roaches can kill the whole bunch in seconds.

UnLucky
Dec 28, 2013, 03:18 AM
Rafoie is also good at killing ninja bugs, el ahda, and dagans at other spawns because of its long range. Just try not to hit the goldrahda in other lanes with rafoie. It draws aggro, but I can't kill them as quickly as the other enemies with rafoie. It is more trouble than it is worth.

Nafoie, yo. Even if you miss, the fire is actually not terrible against Dagans. But yeah, Gifoie and Foie are amazing at pulling/stopping whole spawns, with Rafoie for the one that got away.

Barta from the center to the outer towers clips everything. It's one of the only times that tech can get its full range since the arena is mostly level ground. I still don't know why anyone would ever consider Sabarta, though, since it has neither reliability nor damage (both Rabarta and Gibarta are stronger, and so is Barta depending on how many enemies it hits or how many of Sabarta's icicles miss). Its only benefit is the range, but the longer charge time diminishes that.

If you've got an Elysion you could consider Nabarta, I guess.

Nagrants works out pretty well, too, and of course Zondeel near the towers. Zan to cover the spawns at the top, or Sazan a clump at the bottom. Megid or Zondeel+Gi/Ramegid for mobs if you've got a Dark build (for the obvious Namegid).

angrysquid
Dec 28, 2013, 04:20 AM
Combo, wha? DID I READ COMBO? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!

MY MIND IS BEING POISONED RIGHT NEOW!!! :wacko:

You should jump of this GUonlySrolls,HUonlyAB,etc,etc bandwagon soon.. It's a pretty stupid mindset

UnLucky
Dec 28, 2013, 04:34 AM
But how do those combo at all, though?

I could understand RT->BS or SA, but HS? Why, how? Just the kicks? That's terrible.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 28, 2013, 04:35 AM
You should jump of this GUonlySrolls. . . .bandwagon soon.. It's a pretty stupid mindsetthe most efficient one to deal much better DPS too. ^^;

If you're not gonna do your "Average" DPS for a Gunner(Average as in Fixed Criteria of Damage that you Should deal to the enemy.), then you're just pulling the other members down. :wacko:

I usually just take 2 or 3 spawns of goldrah, it lessens the tower pressure where no one uses the damned WarCry. (seriously, we need more WarCry users.)
the Fo's that zondeel are always in the mid, well. . . not that bad since they can support both towers using "surprise!, I'm a barta!, I'm gunna freeze you!" *freezes goldrah*

WildarmsRE5
Dec 28, 2013, 04:41 AM
But how do those combo at all, though?

I could understand RT->BS or SA, but HS? Why, how? Just the kicks? That's terrible.the kicks enough without S-rolling are not even worth mentioning in terms of mobbing.

Gimme one scene where I can use Bullet Squall effectively in this EQ. (Aside from Ragne/gwana, which I prefer WB+chain+Elder rebellion instead since it's way faster.)

angrysquid
Dec 28, 2013, 04:44 AM
You do your flip n Ja a charged Heel stomp, JA into a RT to suck in enemies flip out of the mob n ja into another Heel if stuff didn't die by then...

FireswordRus
Dec 28, 2013, 04:44 AM
about bosses: when you got aggro of the boss, make it face the opposite of the towers for fucks sake
gotta love ragne discs coming out of nowhere :lol:

and take boss to north.
only 1 ppl dealing damage/warcry/showtime to boss in 1st 60 second. (not important for gwanahda)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rm-9KU8AKE

Base with 100% HP at the end

final_attack
Dec 28, 2013, 04:58 AM
And .... should someone got WarCry, please mind where the boss is moving. I pulled Vibras with WarCry away from the tower, along with some Goldrahdas ..... and someone pulled them back into near the tower using WarCry. WTF ! Encountered this on my last run >_<

I'm starting to love this WarCry with my paper-thin glass cannon Gu ^o^ Pulling a lot of mobs, while trying to kill them with Infinity Fire or Messiah Time =]

Rakurai
Dec 28, 2013, 06:22 AM
Is Warcry the only way to keep Ragne from jumping over to one of the towers?

I've occasionally been able to get it to jump away from the tower by hitting with a few Grants before the brain dead melee fighters get aggro on it and refuse to move away from the tower afterwards, but that's the best I've managed.

TaigaUC
Dec 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
I always try to tag Ragne by opening with hard hits, but it still goes to a tower and never comes to me.

final_attack
Dec 28, 2013, 07:46 AM
Ragne will always jump to the tower at least once as far as I know (I cast WarCry before it jump (there's a WarCry mark visible, so, it hit), but it still jump to tower OTL)

Afterwards, it jump back to me after doing 1 or 2 attacks (I moved away from tower, not too far though, around Infinity Fire range). I keep attacking it to get the aggro of course (My build mainly dps glass cannon build, so, my damage won't be bad. The aggro only boosted by 20% maybe, since I only have lv 3 WarCry.)

I guess nothing can stop Ragne from jumping to tower once? OTL

Or, with higher level WarCry, it will stop jumping? Anyone tried? =]

Or maybe my timing is just bad OTL

Rakurai
Dec 28, 2013, 07:49 AM
I've seen it just start attacking someone immediately after it spawned instead of jumping to a tower, so maybe it just has to be perfectly timed or something.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2013, 07:51 AM
if you could stop ragne from jumping with war cry, you would be able to do the same by just hitting it with anything when it spawns
it just simply doesn't give a flying fuck about anything when it spawns

final_attack
Dec 28, 2013, 07:51 AM
I see .... time for MORE TRAINING !!!! ^o^ /

gigawuts
Dec 28, 2013, 08:05 AM
Guys, as a general rule

If Bibras is has spawned and you see everyone zerging him...check the towers. Leave at least one person at each tower. No, I don't care if you want to help kill Bibras. No, I don't care if you have War Cry. The other 11 people can manage his aggro just fine without your War Cry. Yes, you can still get his drops. You can see exactly when he dies by watching his icon disappear off of the radar/map. Equip your braolets then, or even keep them equipped the whole time if you want I don't care.

Stay. At. Your. Tower. Make sure green is covered - that's the only tower I've ever seen poopnuked.

When the Goldrahda zerg is upon ye have your last saved barrier ready to go, use it just before they arrive, and AOE them to death in the two million hours it takes for all the plebs attacking Bibras to realize there's more to do, since they almost definitely all forgot (as usual).

This is only really an issue if you're pugging though.

final_attack
Dec 28, 2013, 08:09 AM
Roger that, Giga! ^^

I .... do often forget that OTL Will keep that in mind OTL

Rakurai
Dec 28, 2013, 08:26 AM
Guys, as a general rule

If Bibras is has spawned and you see everyone zerging him...check the towers. Leave at least one person at each tower. No, I don't care if you want to help kill Bibras. No, I don't care if you have War Cry. The other 11 people can manage his aggro just fine without your War Cry. Yes, you can still get his drops. You can see exactly when he dies by watching his icon disappear off of the radar/map. Equip your braolets then, or even keep them equipped the whole time if you want I don't care.

Stay. At. Your. Tower. Make sure green is covered - that's the only tower I've ever seen poopnuked.

I hate that helpless feeling when I'm on my FO and I'm the only one who's attacking the bomb.

The only way I can even destroy it by myself is by using a spare photon cannon, since the standard turret doesn't have enough DPS, nor do I.

Atmius
Dec 28, 2013, 08:30 AM
Stay. At. Your. Tower.
I've found the opposite seems to occur. Everybody stays at their tower and almost nobody goes to fight bibras, so you have one or two people attacking him doing not all that much damage (class dependant) while everybody else is just running around picking up crystals instead of nuking bibras.

You don't even need 5k points, 3500 is fine since that gives you all your tower options. Photon chairs are nice and all, but they certainly aren't necessary.

Kikikiki
Dec 28, 2013, 08:37 AM
Why do people even bother running off to the boss crystals and the end crystal.

You still get loots even if you're 109302934234 miles away from them.

Make sure green is covered - that's the only tower I've ever seen poopnuked.

In my first run Blue got nuked.

In my second run Purple got nuked.

I'm not joking. Every tower seems to have equal chances to be pooped on.

You don't even need 5k points, 3500 is fine since that gives you all your tower options. Photon chairs are nice and all, but they certainly aren't necessary.

I have never been in a party where they failed to reach 5000 points. Sure, as you may say, 3500 is fine, but you can get to 5000 while still keeping towers at safe health range. So why not?

5-6 chairs nuking Bibler also looks funny.

gigawuts
Dec 28, 2013, 08:42 AM
I've found the opposite seems to occur. Everybody stays at their tower and almost nobody goes to fight bibras, so you have one or two people attacking him doing not all that much damage (class dependant) while everybody else is just running around picking up crystals instead of nuking bibras.

I've also had this. It's annoying, because it means bibras will be all too happy to cling to towers, especially if someone is popping War Cry at one. In one of them we lost that tower in 20 seconds (come on guys get with the fucking program), in the next I popped War Cry and ran north like the dickens and had to practically solo the fucking thing along with all the goldfish that caught aggro too. Thank God for Combat Escape.

In my first run Blue got nuked.

In my second run Purple got nuked.

I'm not joking. Every tower seems to have equal chances to be pooped on.

Good to know, I thought that was weird. Every single time I've noticed the bomb it's hit green. That's RNG for you.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 28, 2013, 08:49 AM
My Standards for point at wave 5 ranges within 4500 - 5000.

If you're getting way less below that, your MPA sucks ass so badly.

gigawuts
Dec 28, 2013, 08:55 AM
Can confirm. Had run with 3700 points. MPA sucked ass so badly.

Atmius
Dec 28, 2013, 08:59 AM

How consistently do you get third runs? I've noticed that a lot of mpa's that get third runs don't collect 5k crystals most of the time.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 28, 2013, 09:44 AM
50 - 50

I'm fine with that.

also, it should be the campers taking too much spawn that they can't handle it by themselves and end up prolonging the run are the verdicts.

TaigaUC
Dec 28, 2013, 09:48 AM
I've had some nice runs where someone grabs Biblas and takes him somewhere up north where nobody can see him.

When Biblas is up, I open with Photon Chair or whatever, then I run between towers while watching Biblas to see if he tosses a bomb.

Can confirm. Had run with 3700 points. MPA sucked ass so badly.

Ditto.

How consistently do you get third runs? I've noticed that a lot of mpa's that get third runs don't collect 5k crystals most of the time.

Never. Everyone always takes about 5 minutes to start the second run's teleporter.

UnLucky
Dec 28, 2013, 10:04 AM
EQ ended in the campship.

Never gotten that 3rd run in.

Wish there was more I could do. I usually place in the top 3, and my side is usually cleared before the others, so I don't think I'm slowing it down. I try to help purple if I've got nothing to do, but there's usually mobs on the opposite side while I collect crystals.

I even tried out a normal turret for the first time today, but it does less damage than my own weapons and it doesn't draw aggro. So much for that.

Aine
Dec 28, 2013, 10:17 AM
My Standards for point at wave 5 ranges within 4500 - 5000.

Actually, if you're managing to get 4500~ points that means your MPA is taking too much time to kill mobs. You don't even need the second heal, a 10-minute run will end at around 2000~2500 points.

Ratazana
Dec 28, 2013, 10:56 AM
Just got 3 runs (two S, one A) in vita block pugs which are notorious for sucking.

The first run in particular was very fast. It had one ranger coordinating everything with Symbol Chat diagrams and letting people know where he would use WB (ragne posterior right leg → core, biblas face → wing → ass for example). We also had mostly BRs and GUs with a couple of unwanted classes.

I guess people are getting the hang of it.

labyrinth
Dec 28, 2013, 11:07 AM
i see far too many times people breaking ragne legs (breaking 1 is ok) instead of just going all out on the core. guess it's ok to break the legs but not when it's annihilating a tower.

TaigaUC
Dec 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
I've never had a run below 15 minutes.
With the exception of the run I had with a ton of Gunners, people usually take forever to kill anything.

For Ragne, I break one leg and then go for the core.
Core first if I can. But I can't kill it quick on my own. Maybe if I was on my main Gu/Hu.

Kikikiki
Dec 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
Just got 3 runs (two S, one A) in vita block pugs which are notorious for sucking.

I don't know about you but Vita premades are better than PC premades.

Particularly B237.

TaigaUC
Dec 28, 2013, 11:19 AM
I'd like to know why people always take 5 minutes to start the teleporter.
Now that I think about it, I'd also like to know why SEGA likes placing teleporters miles away from the spawn point.

Z-0
Dec 28, 2013, 11:29 AM
Vita PUGs really aren't that bad. They're no different from PC ones I've found.

Anyway, considering it's very possible to do 4 MBDs in a session with a very able team, people should start getting the hang of doing 3 consistently in PUGs providing people put some effort in.

jiasu73
Dec 28, 2013, 12:02 PM
Managed 4 runs with 6br/husxhu/br, 4 gu/hu and 2 Ra/tes with team.

TaigaUC
Dec 28, 2013, 12:06 PM
Vita Falz Arms runs always take 5+ minutes for a single run.
Tried many times. Still don't know why Vita players are so much weaker.

PC tends to take around 1 minute, although I've been in slow PC ones too.
I can't recall ever being in a fast Vita run.

Ratazana
Dec 28, 2013, 01:18 PM
Personally I prefer playing on the vita but it got some disadvantages.

Can't quad dash, long load times, terrible lag, enemies take a fraction of second longer to pop, subpalette and 1st person mode are hard to use.

Add all that and the fact that the majority of vita players are young and obnoxious (think xbox live) and you understand why they are reviled by the jp community.

They are like ps2 players on pos illuminus psu.

Z-0
Dec 28, 2013, 01:22 PM
Playing on the Vita means I get to sit in bed while I play.

But yes, the lag problems are irritating on the Vita. Not a console to play on if you like efficiency.

TaigaUC
Dec 28, 2013, 04:44 PM
Can't quad dash, long load times, terrible lag, enemies take a fraction of second longer to pop, subpalette and 1st person mode are hard to use.

Add all that and the fact that the majority of vita players are young and obnoxious (think xbox live) and you understand why they are reviled by the jp community.

They are like ps2 players on pos illuminus psu.

Didn't know the Vita was plagued by such issues.
Interesting. Thanks.

Z-0
Dec 28, 2013, 04:45 PM
It's more a problem of using the Vita abroad. If you live near Japan, I'm sure a lot of the lag issues aren't a problem, as I saw a video of someone doing quad dash on Vita (let's say it can't be used properly though).

Ratazana
Dec 28, 2013, 07:46 PM
It's more a problem of using the Vita abroad. If you live near Japan, I'm sure a lot of the lag issues aren't a problem, as I saw a video of someone doing quad dash on Vita (let's say it can't be used properly though).

I don't know what its like abroad but I live in Japan and the hardware lag is pretty bad. You telling me its even worse over there?

But yeah nothing beats gaming laying on the bed or sitting on the couch!

TERAGON1996
Dec 28, 2013, 10:55 PM
Edited a new observation in my first comment

Stickboy
Dec 28, 2013, 11:00 PM
i got 1st place twice farming crystals when there aren't any enemies on my tower

Rakurai
Dec 29, 2013, 03:07 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like more rares drop if you get more boosted enemy waves?

Most of my instances of getting 5+ 10* seemed to occur when every wave after the first one was boosted.

DigestNeko
Dec 30, 2013, 02:16 AM
I find it annoying when you are running towards a crystal and suddenly from behind you hear a player doing some sort of PA with the partisan that dashes while thrusting the partisan forward and snatches the crystal.
Or a gunner with the PA that dashes forward midair.
Or some other dashing methods like riding on the launcher PA.
Sorry, i've never played as a gunner or hunter so i dont know the names of the PAs.

Whats the point of all this??
Why not go another direction to grab another crystal if you see a player is nearer to the one you wanted to grab initially?
Everyone is collecting the crystals so we can unlock support options to better defend the towers, right?
Isn't it more productive to spread out and collect the crystals instead of mad rushing like its a race?
Even if it contributes points, i believe they don't contribute much compared to landing a killing hit on the mobs.

Sienna
Dec 30, 2013, 02:21 AM
Because the same thought process runs through their minds, except they understand they have the PP to expend

tl;dr, you have a long connection delay, you are probably trailing three meters behind from the rusher's perspective, and thus you are just a stalker to them

Therefore, select a more isolated area to crystal farm

Aine
Dec 30, 2013, 02:39 AM
Whats the point of all this??
Why not go another direction to grab another crystal if you see a player is nearer to the one you wanted to grab initially?

On their screen you're probably trailing behind.

DigestNeko
Dec 30, 2013, 02:40 AM
Perhaps i have a long connection delay or maybe they are spamming the PAs because i am infront of them?
Its just irritating.

Sienna
Dec 30, 2013, 02:43 AM
Perhaps i have a long connection delay

You have successfully diagnosed your problem after many Arabian Nights, just remember that this is a P2S2P game

TaigaUC
Dec 30, 2013, 04:33 AM
I take the connection delay into consideration.
Problem is, a lot of the time people won't fade in until they're right in front of me.
PSO2 has absolutely rubbish rendering distance.

If I see anyone heading anywhere near crystals I'm going for, I change direction and go elsewhere.
In some cases people literally hang hot on my tails for at least 10-20 seconds.
Those people need to learn to break away and go elsewhere.

What I don't understand is when I have people constantly taking crystals I'm aiming for to the point that I cannot find any.
And yet we still end up with less than 4000 crystals by the final wave.

Saffran
Dec 30, 2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah, in that regard, th elag is really an issue. I've had crystal disappear (snatched by the person behind me) right as I was about to get them. It gets to the point that crystals disappearing in front of me are the hint that someone is behind me...

Generally we try to have one person farming, but the thing is, that person being our team's TA champion, he also has the most ludicrous gear and could contribute most to killing stuff.

Exiled_Gundam
Dec 30, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hmm does the number of crystals collected affect the probability of boosted enemies wave?

Aine
Dec 30, 2013, 09:44 AM
Perhaps i have a long connection delay or maybe they are spamming the PAs because i am infront of them?
Its just irritating.

No, it's a netcode problem. If you've ever tried controlling two accounts at the same time the lag is still considerably noticeable.

TaigaUC
Dec 30, 2013, 10:25 AM
You know what's really damn stupid?
I can't see people running around the map gathering crystals, but I can see their weapon effects (eg. flames).

gigawuts
Dec 30, 2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the view distance in this game is really something else.

jooozek
Dec 30, 2013, 10:33 AM
it's as bad as in pso v1 :lol:

MetalDude
Dec 30, 2013, 01:14 PM
You figure with a gigantic map that it'd be really important to be able to see from one side to the other. Not only that, but why in the hell can we still not see players on the full map that aren't in our party yet?

Ekudeht
Dec 30, 2013, 09:09 PM
I've been consistently getting 3rd runs in running in completely random parties (just me in a party of 1 with 11 randoms).

I'm not a big damage dealer (lv 65 RA/48 HU) but what I've noticed is how much time people waste at the start and between runs. Whenever I'm in a run I don't allow this to happen. I start up the mission asap (solid state HDD for the win) and immediately rodeo drive off the campship and rodeo drive to the teleporter (activating it while everyone else is getting their drinks).

As soon as the mission is about to end I'm on my way to the large crystal, break it open immediately (you will get the drops no matter your position no need to wait 3 minutes for everyone to surround it), pacman the red items ONLY (no time to junk between missions) and leave.

On the 2nd mission I don't even bother to get a drink (My main contribution is weak bullet to the bosses, I can't compete with the bravers for damage and don't try). Again I have the teleporter activated in a matter of seconds (no getting a drink, buying items, junking stuff).

As the ranger I specifically target gwanada on wave 3 (fyi call it out people - he isn't represented on the map with a large yellow dot like the other bosses), break a ragne leg on wave 5 (which leg depends on my position in relation to him which depends on where he spawns) and then go for the kill (he won't get up once he's down) and of course the final boss.

The final boss I'm still working on a strategy. At first I was breaking off his front face part (WB) and then (WB) the broken area but I've noticed it seems easier to instead go after a leg (quickly crack like ragne) and then attack his giant butt. I haven't done this enough to say for sure but it looks like it may be the best way.

In general I don't bother collecting crystals unless they are in my direct path or its between waves (while people insist on going after them during a wave is beyond me).

In any event getting those teleporters activated as soon as possible has always been key to getting a 3rd run in when I'm with randoms (most of the time I'm getting to the 3rd run with less than 90 second left in the EQ - its easy to waste that amount of time between waiting to activate the teleporter in the beginning...twice, and waiting on breaking the final crystal in the end.

Soon I believe 3 runs will become the norm (I'm sure those with their own teams running and cooperating properly have no problems with this). Of course not like it matters anyways...all the runs I do with 350% boosts and the 11 stars go to the lv 51 rappy suit wearing, no boost using jerks.:-p

DigestNeko
Dec 30, 2013, 09:19 PM
If I see anyone heading anywhere near crystals I'm going for, I change direction and go elsewhere.
In some cases people literally hang hot on my tails for at least 10-20 seconds.
Those people need to learn to break away and go elsewhere.

Yes, that's exactly my point.
That's what i do as well if i see a player is nearer to a crystal i am running towards.

I've been consistently getting 3rd runs in running in completely random parties ........

There was once i rushed back to the camp ship to get the 3rd run just to be disappointed when i was 2-3 seconds late from pressing the accept mission button.

pkemr4
Dec 30, 2013, 10:15 PM
Yeah, the view distance in this game is really something else.

wont forced AF x16 fix this issue...?

Chik'Tikka
Dec 30, 2013, 10:32 PM
wait, did Segac add a new game mechanic other then "rush up and kill all the things"? +^_^+ i might have to get back on now and check it out+^_^+

IndigoNovember
Dec 30, 2013, 10:36 PM
Nope, it's just "wait for things to rush up and kill all the things."

TaigaUC
Dec 31, 2013, 07:53 AM
It's difficult to respect ARKS when none of them can remember epic events from a few years back, and they can't see more than a short distance ahead of them.
They can't hear anything behind them either.

I've been consistently getting 3rd runs in running in completely random parties (just me in a party of 1 with 11 randoms).

I'm not a big damage dealer (lv 65 RA/48 HU) but what I've noticed is how much time people waste at the start and between runs. Whenever I'm in a run I don't allow this to happen. I start up the mission asap (solid state HDD for the win) and immediately rodeo drive off the campship and rodeo drive to the teleporter (activating it while everyone else is getting their drinks).

As soon as the mission is about to end I'm on my way to the large crystal, break it open immediately (you will get the drops no matter your position no need to wait 3 minutes for everyone to surround it), pacman the red items ONLY (no time to junk between missions) and leave.

Still haven't had a single 3rd run. Fastest run is still 15m, so I don't think I could fit in more than 2.
I also have a SSD but I didn't want PSO2 eating it up with its constant updating and huge waste of space.

I always wait for people to switch into their luck gear before breaking the crystal.
I notice English players almost never wait. JP players almost always do. Says a lot, I think.
But it's true that a lot of time is wasted between runs.

wont forced AF x16 fix this issue...?

What? AF x16?
If you mean Anisotropic Filtering, that's for making textures appear crisper.

Alenoir
Dec 31, 2013, 10:08 AM
The final boss I'm still working on a strategy. At first I was breaking off his front face part (WB) and then (WB) the broken area but I've noticed it seems easier to instead go after a leg (quickly crack like ragne) and then attack his giant butt. I haven't done this enough to say for sure but it looks like it may be the best way.

Please WB the butt.

In general I don't bother collecting crystals unless they are in my direct path or its between waves (while people insist on going after them during a wave is beyond me).

Most people go after the crystal because of the 5k Photon Cannon unlock. 73k * 4 hits on the bug's weak point is a lot of damage. Now imagine all 12 people bothered to use that.

I always wait for people to switch into their luck gear before breaking the crystal.
I notice English players almost never wait. JP players almost always do. Says a lot, I think.

I break the big crystal ASAP on the first run, and second run too if it was :29.

Xaelouse
Dec 31, 2013, 10:19 AM
The people that wanted to switch to their "luck gear" should have done so before the final wave even ends, because switching after it ends is pointless and wastes time
Just break the crystal immediately

FireswordRus
Dec 31, 2013, 01:46 PM
bla-bla
sigh
65 lVL on Normal 2/12
i am drunked to zero
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/3474591

TaigaUC
Dec 31, 2013, 07:45 PM
The people that wanted to switch to their "luck gear" should have done so before the final wave even ends, because switching after it ends is pointless and wastes time
Just break the crystal immediately

I always switch before it ends.

And then we get screwed if the game decides to send multiple waves after Biblas to ruin our S rank, while I stand around helplessly with my Umbra Stick.

IndigoNovember
Dec 31, 2013, 07:48 PM
Gotta save those Photon Turrets and Barriers.

TaigaUC
Dec 31, 2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, but I can't step dash with the Umbra Stick either.
Can never tell if people are going to break Biblas' gem or not.
They ought to add Biblas and Ragne loot to the end gem. Damn SEGA.

Setting up a turret is also difficult when it's hard to tell when Biblas will die or which tower the waves will attack, or even whether there will be more than one wave.
It's generally just annoying design that encourages negative or frustrating situations.

I was thinking about how silly it is to have a tactical battlefield without knowing the strengths and weaknesses of anyone in your group.
But that's online gaming in a nutshell, I guess.

gigawuts
Dec 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
I'm still baffled that we don't see tower HP on the minimap.

IndigoNovember
Dec 31, 2013, 10:40 PM
As far as I can tell, turrets have infinite range, so I just open my minimap and point my turret in the direction of the mobs according to that.

But yeah, this EQ could have been a lot better with some simple additions (would it have been that hard to have 3 separate lifebars instead of 1 combined one? or how about both?).

Remz69
Jan 1, 2014, 12:17 AM
Setting up a turret is also difficult when it's hard to tell when Biblas will die or which tower the waves will attack, or even whether there will be more than one wave.

i only played PuGs so far and this is what i saw:

there's always a last wave after bibla
this wave always spawns on the opposite side of the last spawn (before the 'calm' when it's just bibla alone)

those 'markers' are probably useless if your group kills bibla before the 'calm' though

I'm still baffled that we don't see tower HP on the minimap.

you kinda see it i think. i don't really remember, I'm not sure and don't quote me on that but i think the tower flashes in red when it's low on health.. would be better than nothing if i'm not mistaken

Ekudeht
Jan 1, 2014, 02:15 AM
I was trying out some new software for video recording and editing (I'm going to need a lot of practice)..

Anyways this was right after run number 2 trying to get a 3rd run in.:-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sO1Eu74T4&feature=youtu.be

Kikikiki
Jan 1, 2014, 02:20 AM
you kinda see it i think. i don't really remember, I'm not sure and don't quote me on that but i think the tower flashes in red when it's low on health.. would be better than nothing if i'm not mistaken

It flashes when the tower starts getting cracks on it - so after losing about 30% HP.

But it's not like people ever pay attention it it anyway.

TaigaUC
Jan 1, 2014, 10:11 AM
I know there's always a last wave after Biblas, but one time we had 3 waves.
If I recall correctly, Biblas took a while to go down, so I don't think the game was "catching up".

Was just in a bad multiparty with at least 7 English-named players in parties.
Everyone just zerged single towers and failed to defend anything.
They couldn't seem to kill anything by themselves and had trouble using Moon Atomizers.
We lost two towers before the end of the Ragne wave. Painful.

To quote my friend, "where the hell is everybody?"

DigestNeko
Jan 1, 2014, 10:57 PM
Has anyone got to use the Photon Cannon more then once?
In all the runs i've been in, it seems impossible to reach 8000 points to use the Photon Cannons for the 2nd time.

It just seem impossible to reach 8000 points? The most i have seen was 5500 point?
Sega should probably lower the requirements to say...6500 points?

Kikikiki
Jan 1, 2014, 11:44 PM
Has anyone got to use the Photon Cannon more then once?
In all the runs i've been in, it seems impossible to reach 8000 points to use the Photon Cannons for the 2nd time.

It just seem impossible to reach 8000 points? The most i have seen was 5500 point?
Sega should probably lower the requirements to say...6500 points?

I'd say Photon Cannon isn't that necessary for the beetle, provided your MPA has enough DPS for mowing stuffs. Usually if your MPA is able to get a third run, it'd be something like 4000-4500 by the end of stage 5, then 5000 while bossing, then Photon Cannons up to clear the extra waves after the boss.

TaigaUC
Jan 2, 2014, 10:40 PM
I finally had a 13 minute run that didn't even get to 5000.
Guess you just have to hope you get into a powerful party.
I was in one run where we reached around 6500, but I think that party wasn't very strong.

Going by the experiences of my friend and I so far, try to avoid groups with many English-named players (if you can).
They tend to all zerg one tower at a time, have not-so-great gear, and fail horribly at defense.

I keep running into idiots that intentionally set off my Zondeel to let enemies destroy towers.
One guy kept using Na Zonde to set off my Zondeel when there were no enemies near him.

Kikikiki
Jan 3, 2014, 02:08 AM
I finally had a 13 minute run that didn't even get to 5000.
Guess you just have to hope you get into a powerful party.
I was in one run where we reached around 6500, but I think that party wasn't very strong.

Going by the experiences of my friend and I so far, try to avoid groups with many English-named players (if you can).
They tend to all zerg one tower at a time, have not-so-great gear, and fail horribly at defense.

I keep running into idiots that intentionally set off my Zondeel to let enemies destroy towers.
One guy kept using Na Zonde to set off my Zondeel when there were no enemies near him.

Anon: "MUH SCORE!!!!1111"

The Walrus
Jan 3, 2014, 02:21 AM
Does score even really affect anything outside of the turrets you can get?

yunamon
Jan 3, 2014, 03:43 AM
Base heal, barriers, gun turrets and photon cannons all use crystals. They also determine your call sign at the end of the match.

Saffran
Jan 3, 2014, 05:02 AM
I was in a MPA the other day where we reached 8200 something before ppl realized that we weren't getting any prize for it.
I knew something was strong in this one when some guy fired the photon cannon to hit Ragne as it spawned. I can't say it really changed anything, but reaching the milestone alone proved to me that it was indeed possible (and not the result of intense cocaine or marijuana abuse at Sega's).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 4, 2014, 12:53 AM
Gotta ask, how often people here run into rare vibras? This was the first time I've seen him since the december 19th

Also, rng is a bitch. It was also my friend's first time ever doing this EQ. He got shunka and nemesis at lvl16. I got 14, and 15 :/

IndigoNovember
Jan 4, 2014, 01:27 AM
I just saw him for the first time and I've run 4/5 of all the scheduled Mining Defenses.

Rakurai
Jan 4, 2014, 02:36 AM
I've only seen one rare Vibras out of 20 mining defense runs.

TaigaUC
Jan 4, 2014, 07:53 AM
I've done 2 runs per almost every tower defense event so far.
I've seen rare Biblas a total of maybe 4 times. 5 times max.