PDA

View Full Version : Skill Trees in the future

Edson Drake
Dec 30, 2013, 10:45 PM
Right now, with the level cap at level 65 and the +10 class bonus, we have 75 skil points to make our builds.

Remembering the PSO final level cap of 200, I'm not sure what the final level cap will be in PSO2, but the thing is, it seems we're heading to a level 100 cap, and if that happens, our skill trees will eventually be maxed, which in turn, will kill the current builds and allow for extremely powerful all-around classes/subs.

Do you think there is going to be some kind of skill tree revamp long-term? Doesn't seem like Sega intends to change the structure of the skill trees, they would rather make few small adjustments, like we're going to see with Braver/Techer and what happened with some level 16 PA/Techs.

UnLucky
Dec 30, 2013, 10:59 PM
I imagine they'll just add more similar skills as SP dumps so a balanced or hybrid spec remains a bad idea forever

Zorafim
Dec 30, 2013, 11:55 PM
We started the game with 30 skill points. It was enough back then, as these are enough today. We'll be fine*.

*terrible

gigawuts
Dec 31, 2013, 12:07 AM
We started the game with 30 skill points. It was enough back then, as these are enough today. We'll be fine*.

*terrible

The joke is that we were even worse off back then.

Saffran
Dec 31, 2013, 05:15 AM
Well, Fo and Te have 3 branches, one for each element, right? So ppl who want to specialize need 3 trees. I guess then, the ideal number of SP for us would be 1/3rd of that. Te has 297 so we are currently 24pts short. I could live with 90 SP but 75 are simply not enough. (for Te. We already have too many points as Gu, Ra, Fi and Hu).

gigawuts
Dec 31, 2013, 08:03 AM
I think I'd prefer forces and techers (and the inevitable third teching class) being able to spec into 2/3rds of their tree than 1/3rd. Give some more variety. At least 1.5/3rds, a full element plus either two full masteries of another element or one full mastery plus its unique property (so a maxed fire tree + both bolt masteries or bolt mastery & bolt PP save with change).

On FO that would be about 90 SP, ignoring the SE skills and what's beneath them. The issue is how much SP you can put into the fire tree for skills that aren't even for fire. Tech Charge Advance and PP Revival should be somewhere else., preferably in the empty space above all the elements and relatively easily attainable like Talis Advance.

That's an awful lot of white space they've left there, though. Makes me wonder if they planned specifically for a ton of terrible, unlinked skills like 10* mastery and the like. They also left a lot of eerie empty space above the SRoll skills on gunner.