PDA

View Full Version : Apparently a group is turning off servers.

Lostbob117
Dec 31, 2013, 01:22 AM
They're called DERP. They turned off League of Legends and just turned off any game the streamer "PhantomL0rd" played. https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

He also got a lot of pizza orders that he did not order. The cops also came to him and he had a assault rifle pointed at him apparently. Him explaining everything I will link later when he uploads it. Pretty scary stuff.

Here is the video of him speaking about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPzS5J8c8g&feature=youtu.be

NoiseHERO
Dec 31, 2013, 02:35 AM
Really?

That sounds hilarious.

And inconvenient.

blace
Dec 31, 2013, 02:43 AM
This was hours ago, they even shutdown the other servers for League of Legends and shutting down Dota 2 in the process to troll the guy.

I only ever heard about the cop thing though and that is a tad much.

Lostbob117
Dec 31, 2013, 03:14 AM
Updated the op with the video. Pretty crazy stuff. 100k of people watched his stream live during him talking about what happened.

Polly
Jan 1, 2014, 11:10 AM
The best idea would have been to stop fucking streaming. But he kept bouncing from game to game, antagonizing them to keep doing it. He kept milking it for viewers and subscribers, and the hacking group benefits from his constant attention. I'm not sure how one could feel sorry for the idiot when things look that suspicious. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't in collusion, but he certainly didn't do anything to help the situation. He only escalated it seemingly for personal gain, and then things went real sour when he kept playing with fire.

CelestialBlade
Jan 1, 2014, 11:16 AM
Wait what's goin--

League of Legends
Oh.

Retehi
Jan 1, 2014, 03:07 PM
lolstreamers

blace
Jan 1, 2014, 03:32 PM
Apparently they targeted two more streamers one of them being another League of Legends (surprise, surprise) and a random guy that kind of threatened the group. The guy that made the threat had his channel and twitter accounts locked and the WoW servers were targeted. Or something like that.

They apparently shutdown the Westboro Baptist Church site as well, so that's something.

Lostbob117
Jan 2, 2014, 02:41 AM
The best idea would have been to stop fucking streaming. But he kept bouncing from game to game, antagonizing them to keep doing it. He kept milking it for viewers and subscribers, and the hacking group benefits from his constant attention. I'm not sure how one could feel sorry for the idiot when things look that suspicious. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't in collusion, but he certainly didn't do anything to help the situation. He only escalated it seemingly for personal gain, and then things went real sour when he kept playing with fire.

Apparently the group didn't mean to turn off the NA servers(from what they say). That it wasn't scheduled. I wouldn't go as far as calling the dude an idiot, also he had the cops falsely called on him(probably some person pulling a prank on him). We don't really know the real story but can make assumptions of what it was like, I also don't think he told everything exactly as it happened, since staying up very long does that to you and he might have couldn't remembered it all. It was a tough day for him, especially the shit with the police, I would be scared as hell if that happened. Turning his stream off wouldn't have stopped the group, since they just take request from people and ddos the servers that are requested.

Outrider
Jan 2, 2014, 11:47 AM

I guess? I mean, I don't really know what the guy was doing or saying on the stream, but when he had police falsely called to his house just because he was trying to stream some video games I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

gigawuts
Jan 2, 2014, 12:07 PM
Really?

That sounds hilarious.

And inconvenient.

Somehow I don't find it hilarious when someone has a rifle pointed at them by cops IRL because of false accusations.

Dutch Ride
Jan 6, 2014, 12:07 PM
Watched this whole thing happen on his stream that night. PL broke Twitch records for how many people tuned in to watch what was going on. DT shut down a whole bunch of games.