PDA

View Full Version : Thanks PSO2 Podcast Listeners... IT'S BEEN FUN!

EXPFULL
Jan 4, 2014, 09:50 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9474130195f910beeb8932d7880471c0/tumblr_myvsk7RvZZ1ryqabmo1_1280.jpg

Here it is... this is probably our last show!

For those that missed it, We've been running EXP FULL, the PSO2 Podcast since Open Beta - It's been so much fun.

It was a simple show - Two fanboys, talking rubbish, about the game they love.

And what a response we received. When we reached episode 14, which marked a full year of the game being launched in Japan, we had over 100,000 downloads via iTunes and Stitcher - Amazing!

I think that goes to show what an appetite there once was for an EU/US release.

We still love and play the game, but for now, we're putting this lovely project to bed.

If you've not listened before, maybe give episode 14 a go (the previous one to this little chat we recorded) - even if just for the dramatised 'previously' segment at the top of the show. I'm sure many of you will have been on similar journeys with this fantastic game.

Thanks everyone for your support. While our listener base is now 95% Japanese (I hope they don't pick up the foul language!) we do get the odd message from people here and in game saying they'd like more shows... but everything has to end sometime... and you never know, we might be back someday... but until then... it's been awesome.

Peace.

BIG OLAF
Jan 4, 2014, 10:34 AM
Didn't know y'all even still did this.

EXPFULL
Jan 4, 2014, 11:36 AM
Didn't know y'all even still did this.

Awesome.

BIG OLAF
Jan 4, 2014, 11:37 AM
In fact, I don't think anyone even remembered, let alone cared, until you posted this.

Shinamori
Jan 4, 2014, 11:41 AM
They use to post it just about every time they did a broadcast, but they stopped for some reason.

Mysterious-G
Jan 4, 2014, 12:03 PM
In fact, I don't think anyone even remembered, let alone cared, until you posted this.

Thanks for deciding this for the majority of us. Get a grip of yourself Olaf. Think you can do that?

I didn't listen in to each single episode, but enjoyed the ones I did to. I never thought of it as anything revolutionary, but it was a nice and friendly addition to this sometimes less than friendly community. Thanks for the show guys!

BIG OLAF
Jan 4, 2014, 12:19 PM
Get a grip of yourself Olaf. Think you can do that?

Yes I can. I'm doing it right now.

:blush:

shagia
Jan 4, 2014, 01:18 PM

but what if someone did care

lostinseganet
Jan 4, 2014, 01:19 PM
It was nice that you guys added a bit fun cometary about PSO 2.

Not Crazed
Jan 4, 2014, 01:32 PM
Excuse me Olaf? Why do you feel the need to disregard EVERYTHING that they have done?

So what if it doesn't make a difference to you, but i know for a fact that people STILL CARE (shock i know). You can't speak for the whole community, because you are one person. Unless you are going to commend or celebrate the efforts and enthusiasm that went into the podcast, the voice chat, the community and the hardworking people who supported it, then please don't post.

Thanks.

Resta
Jan 4, 2014, 01:41 PM
Yes I can. I'm doing it right now.

:blush:

yea to watching ur butch waifu nassandra dance

CelestialBlade
Jan 4, 2014, 02:45 PM
Projects like these are what's so awesome about this community, how much some members will invest into their fandom and do things that try to raise awareness for a relatively small sector of this here internet. Look back on your successes knowing you worked hard for them and knowing you gave back to your community in a big way. I may not play anymore, but I still love seeing stuff like these podcasts and things like the PSO2 Tweaker and translation patches that have made this game possible when Sega decided they didn't want to. Count yourself among those few people.

Thanks a lot to the team behind the podcasts and hopefully they inspire others to give back to the community as well.

Skye-Fox713
Jan 4, 2014, 04:15 PM
Bummer I liked listening to these.

gigawuts
Jan 4, 2014, 10:11 PM
yea to watching ur butch waifu nassandra dance

I still don't understand how "butch" can at all be an insult

you've gotta be crazy insecure if you can't stand the thought of a woman being able to lift more groceries than you (and, let's be honest: you probably lift a lot of groceries)

UnLucky
Jan 4, 2014, 10:32 PM
Any reason you're quitting? Time constraints? Material running thin? Losing interest in the game? Loser troll idiots?

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2014, 10:36 PM
Make a podcast about a game that doesn't suck!

Made by a company that isn't whack!

For a community that's not mediocre!

UnLucky
Jan 4, 2014, 11:04 PM
But you ask the impossible! It cannot be done, Rock!

gigawuts
Jan 4, 2014, 11:06 PM
Yeah I can't think of even one game that doesn't suck made by a company that isn't whack with a community that's not mediocre.

And I play games like I'm being paid here.

ShinMaruku
Jan 4, 2014, 11:25 PM

The show that sucks exists already.

Polly
Jan 4, 2014, 11:30 PM

You can only choose one of these.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 4, 2014, 11:36 PM
I still don't understand how "butch" can at all be an insult
remember when butt was an insult

humorous times

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2014, 11:44 PM
Man, "geek culture" is terrible.

ShinMaruku
Jan 4, 2014, 11:45 PM
You can only choose one of these.

You can choose 2. It's not impossible.

CelestialBlade
Jan 4, 2014, 11:48 PM
It's impossible as long as communities are full of Internet Tough Guys hiding behind their monitors.

I hate the internet sometimes.

shagia
Jan 4, 2014, 11:58 PM
remember when butt was an insult

humorous times

are you saying that it's not an insult anymore? I mean, there's 'dumbass' / 'ass' / 'arse' which could be very relative to just 'butt' in general..

Man, "geek culture" is terrible.

remember when the word "epic" actually meant something besides 'awesome'

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2014, 11:59 PM
Sometimes it's like the internet is made up of human thoughts, and man have I heard some horrible things about humans...

KRAIELSE-KRAYOLA YOU GET OUT OF HERE! YOU SOUNDCLOWN REPOSTER!

shagia
Jan 5, 2014, 12:03 AM
UGHH FUCK SOUNDCLOWN

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2014, 12:03 AM
It's impossible as long as communities are full of Internet Tough Guys hiding behind their monitors.

I hate the internet sometimes.

I found some great things on the internet, I just have to look past that people can be shit and look for the worthwhile things. It's good to have a filter it even makes this place provide information aside from some of the shit said. (But hey in this case misery is 100% self inflicted.)

RadiantLegend
Jan 5, 2014, 10:36 AM
And thread was derailed again....

I will check out ep 14. Haven't listened to any yet.

EXPFULL
Jan 5, 2014, 12:44 PM
I've listened to a few of your shows (and played with some of your members), and it was a blast all around. I'm sad to see you guys go, but real life has a nasty way of taking up lots of time. I find it interesting that 95% of your base was JP thought, could we get some more stats on this? Just curious :3

We always need more community outreach though, so if you ever feel like reviving the podcast, please do! Thank you for your work and dedication, and good luck on your future endeavors.

Thanks AIDA - Means a lot coming from you :D

We're still funding The Ship2 Voice Chat and the EXP FULL team will still be around for the long haul - If there's an episode 3, we'll probably at least be back for one more.

Hope to see you in-game soon!

deahamlet
Jan 5, 2014, 01:31 PM
I would think that the crafting system would be worth an episode or two when it lands... But all the best to you and Thanx for the podcasts.

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2014, 02:42 PM
And thread was derailed again....

I will check out ep 14. Haven't listened to any yet.

Of course it was derailed I expect nothing less from psow's community being as slap dash as it is. But Still you guys lasted longer than I expected and you did provide entertainment and if it made just 1 person pleased with your service (It is more than that I know) your time was well spent.

KEV1N
Jan 5, 2014, 03:29 PM

Speak for yourself.

kyledude92107
Jan 5, 2014, 09:34 PM

I don't think anyone really cares that you don't care. Door is that way. -->

FacelessRed
Jan 5, 2014, 10:14 PM
Well... I never knew that something like this even existed. Woulda been interesting. Oh well gl everyone.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jan 5, 2014, 10:50 PM
I had a lot of fun with the podcast. Best of luck for your future endeavours!

Revlis-Desilver
Jan 6, 2014, 04:02 PM
After reading this thread and some of the comments I'm seriously humbled :) i'm proud and pleased at what we have achieved with this podcast, I'm glad that there are still fans out there that care about what we have done :) thank-you lots :)

BIG OLAF
Jan 6, 2014, 05:36 PM
I don't think anyone really cares that you don't care. Door is that way. -->

I've been aware that no one cares for a good few months now.

WAIT

This is an internet forum. Where are you seeing a door?! :-o

shagia
Jan 7, 2014, 11:20 AM
I've been aware that no one cares for a good few months now.

WAIT

This is an internet forum. Where are you seeing a door?! :-o

http://i.imgur.com/YGyOmQW.png