PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PSO2 Intro Selector

MDashK
Jan 6, 2014, 02:31 PM
Here's my little (very little) contribution to the game:

(Deleted and discontinued...)
I ADVISE THAT YOU DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM AGAIN, IF YO USTILL HAVE IT, SINCE THE NEW UPDATE HAS A 4TH OPENING AND MOST LIKELY, THE PROGRAM WON'T WORK, AND WILL RENAME THE FILES WRONGLY.
[SPOILER-BOX]
I created this little app so that anyone that wants to, can select what opening the game will use. You can read all the info of the program in it.
Rest assured, this only changes filenames, so there shouldn't be any problems.

I advice to keep the program (and the INI file) inside it's own folder, and remember that both the files must be together... Don't start putting the EXE in one place and the INI in another...

You can use this tool as a replacement for the Tweaker option that is currently disabled.

ATTENTION: IT IS HIGHLY ADVICED THAT, IF YOU EVER NEED TO UPDATE THE GAME FILES USING THE "CHECK ALL FILES" OPTION, RESTORE THE 3rd OPENING! ELSE, THE UPDATER OF THE GAME WILL DOWNLOAD THE OPENING FILE(S) AGAIN (because the filesize between the openings won't match) AND CAUSE ISSUES WIH THE FILENAME CHECKS.

@AIDA: You can use (I think) this program concept in Tweaker to re-activate the OP swap option. If you test this out, let me know what you think.

UPDATE: Version 2 of the program is here:

- Changed the way the app works: Now, you don't need free space to use it. The app will just rename the files between them accordingly.
- It will also always remember the last swap you've made, so that you can safely alternate between swaps without the openings get wrong filenames.

EX: If you select the 1st opening, the filename of the 1st OP will be renamed to the 3rd OP filename, and the 3rd OP filename will be renamed to the 1st OP.
However, if you select the 2nd OP after that, it will rename the 1OP to it's original filename, the 3RD OP also to it's original filename, and then do the swapping between 2ND and 3RD.

- Removed the "Reset to Defaults" option. Just select the "3rd Opening" and it's done.
- Re-worked the "How it works" info.
- Program won't start if the "cfg.ini" file is not in the same folder.

Keep in mind the above attention please.[/SPOILER-BOX]

MDashK
Jan 8, 2014, 12:08 AM
@AIDA: Thanks. =)

UPDATE: Version 2 of the program is here:

- Changed the way the app works: Now, you don't need free space to use it. The app will just rename the files between them accordingly.
- It will also always remember the last swap you've made, so that you can safely alternate between swaps without the openings get wrong filenames.

EX: If you select the 1st opening, the filename of the 1st OP will be renamed to the 3rd OP filename, and the 3rd OP filename will be renamed to the 1st OP.
However, if you select the 2nd OP after that, it will rename the 1OP to it's original filename, the 3RD OP also to it's original filename, and then do the swapping between 2ND and 3RD.

- Removed the "Reset to Defaults" option. Just select the "3rd Opening" and it's done.
- Re-worked the "How it works" info.
- Program won't start if the "cfg.ini" file is not in the same folder.

Keep in mind the above attention please.