PDA

View Full Version : Hack?

Edson Drake
Jan 6, 2014, 09:36 PM
I have been noticing some strange pattern lately.

I usually afk in my room or other lobbies, usually never on B20. We had some incident some time ago where some guys were killing your character on the lobby, making you have to restart the game to play again because you couldn't do anything else, but seems those guys vanished.

But recently, I have been getting some weird crashes, where the game freezes and the message that "pso2 stopped working" appears. This only happens when I idle in B20. If I leave my character and afk in the other lobbies this doesn't happen.

Is there anything going on that I'm not aware? Anyone having the same issue? I wonder if this is a disconnect hack of some sort.

Again, only in B20.

Para
Jan 6, 2014, 09:50 PM
Leaving your character idle in public areas is like a homeless bum sleeping in the middle of nowhere asking to be robbed. Don't afk in public areas. Go idle in your own room if you are worried.

NoiseHERO
Jan 6, 2014, 11:19 PM
Nah just half the EN players-

OH WAIT!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Edson Drake
Jan 6, 2014, 11:23 PM
I am not actually worried, it's just an annoyance.

The ease the guys from before managed to kill players in lobby made me wonder about this.

And, as I said I don't usually idle in B20, only in other blocks(waiting for EQ) and in my room. Lately, though I've been making new friends in B20, so I tend to idle a bit there and this time I was talking to some friend in private, so it appeared that I was afk in the lobby, when the game simply froze in my face.

It's strange, I start making a party for Tacos or whatever, and leave my character there to get some beer, wine or anything else, and when I get back my game is frozen with that message, only in B20. Amazing.

Walkure
Jan 6, 2014, 11:27 PM
Is block 20 really that bad?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 7, 2014, 12:04 AM
its pretty much boring now. no point in going there when their are obvious blocks set for obvious levels

TaigaUC
Jan 7, 2014, 12:14 AM
The goddamn game keeps dumping me there.

B20 seems okay if every other block is full for an event though.
Guess I've been lucky.

KazukiQZ
Jan 7, 2014, 01:14 AM
B20 is pretty tame, for me. It has its moment of madness though :p
And if you want to wait for EQ or just idle, Campship and Salon (Este Shop) are also good.

HBK666
Jan 7, 2014, 01:17 AM

OH WAIT!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You should have said the majority of EN players. http://imageshack.us/a/img818/9097/gdubstupidface.png

Munnya
Jan 7, 2014, 02:54 AM

OH WAIT!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

http://i.imgur.com/msxYnjI.gif

Enforcer MKV
Jan 7, 2014, 03:00 AM
Is block 20 really that bad?

No. Granted early on it was pretty hectic, but the times I've recently dipped in to 20 to look around hasn't seemed bad to me. Though, I generally don't run with a lot of randoms now a days because of general mocking of my build.Lobby doesn't seem so bad though. I don't sit around talking, however - that goes on a lot. I generally run missions or work on sorting inventory when I'm playing. *Shrugs*

Skye-Fox713
Jan 7, 2014, 03:04 AM
I have been noticing some strange pattern lately.

I usually afk in my room or other lobbies, usually never on B20. We had some incident some time ago where some guys were killing your character on the lobby, making you have to restart the game to play again because you couldn't do anything else, but seems those guys vanished.

But recently, I have been getting some weird crashes, where the game freezes and the message that "pso2 stopped working" appears. This only happens when I idle in B20. If I leave my character and afk in the other lobbies this doesn't happen.

Is there anything going on that I'm not aware? Anyone having the same issue? I wonder if this is a disconnect hack of some sort.

Again, only in B20.

Generaly the only time i've had that happen to me (only twice irc) is during a TD EQ and i'm on a full block and every one is running to the quest counter to start the quest and the game may have crashed due to the massive number of people in one spot.

Edson Drake
Jan 7, 2014, 03:44 AM
Generaly the only time i've had that happen to me (only twice irc) is during a TD EQ and i'm on a full block and every one is running to the quest counter to start the quest and the game may have crashed due to the massive number of people in one spot.

I always try to get on B10/11/12 which you probably noticed, currently are always full. No disconnects at all.

I have nothing against B20 to be frank. Sure there's the annoying person here and there, and the /toge spam can get really annoying, but kids will be kids and despite the supposed fact that this game demographics are the young adults in their 20's, I am getting to know quite a lot of 18's and even younger.

I only brought up B20 to this because last time, the hackers were at B20 killing people at the lobby, and they suddenly disappeared(maybe banned), but nothing would prevent them from returning and (possibly) disconnecting(afk) people so their friends could join up.

Paranoia? Maybe, but I know that could happen, this game isn't safe at all, I'm surprised there's not many people hacking around.

Ratazana
Jan 7, 2014, 03:53 AM
A quick search shows at least two working trainers atm but I think that might be something else.

I get disconnected often when I'm on the most populated blocks waiting for TD. I guess the servers can't handle multiple people hammering full blocks trying to get it.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 7, 2014, 03:57 AM
I always try to get on B10/11/12 which you probably noticed, currently are always full. No disconnects at all.

I have nothing against B20 to be frank. Sure there's the annoying person here and there, and the /toge spam can get really annoying, but kids will be kids and despite the supposed fact that this game demographics are the young adults in their 20's, I am getting to know quite a lot of 18's and even younger.

I only brought up B20 to this because last time, the hackers were at B20 killing people at the lobby, and they suddenly disappeared(maybe banned), but nothing would prevent them from returning and (possibly) disconnecting(afk) people so their friends could join up.

Paranoia? Maybe, but I know that could happen, this game isn't safe at all, I'm surprised there's not many people hacking around.

Actually, JOE brings up a good point. The lag from people doing certain missions, or constantly restarting [Run the entire cougar mission, damn you!] coupled with the weather in the states caused me to disconnect a few times today - system wasn't very stable the last few days either. I'm sitting here on the East coast; I know the cold is bugging everyone on this side of the planet right now. Now, usually my system is pretty stable, so the issues I've been having lately have been odd, and I don't go to 20 much, mostly just pop my head in and wander for less then 5 minutes, then pop back out. I'm inclined to believe it's either weather or connection related; not hackers. Just my two cents.

I don't have anything against B20, either. It's actually more annoying listening to the people constantly bemoaning it's members than it is actually being in the damn block itself.

I can say that about a few topics, honestly. The people complaining are getting worse than the supposed problem. :l

TaigaUC
Jan 7, 2014, 04:10 AM
Almost every time the game dumps me at B20, people there are either insulting each other, spamming symbol art or arguing about the existence of female humans.

Not a very friendly atmosphere to me.

Shinureal
Jan 7, 2014, 11:53 AM
That's why I'm on ship 10.

lilibat
Jan 7, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE Original Question:

I get crashes now & then like that. I have had more in the last week than before. For me, it's usually when I am changing areas like changing blocks or coming back to the lobby from a mission. It also sometimes happens when i am alt-TABed out.

Geistritter
Jan 7, 2014, 09:20 PM
PSO2's a little unstable sometimes. This doesn't come off as foul play.

I love b20 ._. But then again, I have infinite patience.

Would that I could say the same. My tolerance for dumb is at times excessively thin.