PDA

View Full Version : About the new board break.

Shinamori
Jan 8, 2014, 03:54 PM
The one next week, will it be a Limit Quest or EQ? Bumped says it's a EQ or a "Pre-Scheduled Emergency Quest" however, the roadmap has a LQ in winter of this year. So....?

Emp
Jan 8, 2014, 03:57 PM
Where does it say it will be next week? I dont see it. lol

jooozek
Jan 8, 2014, 03:58 PM
it was in the update trailer from what i remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWjMRR4yzk

Shinamori
Jan 8, 2014, 04:15 PM
Bumped says it's "Coming Mid January" If I recall, the 15th tends to be the middle of the month.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-arks-christmas-party-live-broadcast-recap/

pkemr4
Jan 8, 2014, 04:46 PM
knowing SEGA its more then likely gonna be a EQ.

jooozek
Jan 8, 2014, 04:49 PM
it will suck ass if its an eq
if it was an limited quest people would maybe actually playing this game outside of damn EQs

MetalDude
Jan 8, 2014, 04:50 PM
God I hope not. BB was an awesome double-edged sword in that it compelled players to actually do something in the game, but then ended up being the best thing you could possibly do. Guess that's what happens when you actually make quest content that is, funny enough, full of variety and very resourceful. If only the same could be said for the rest of the game.

Zorafim
Jan 8, 2014, 05:04 PM
Well, I could use some exp, and an excuse to get it.

strikerhunter
Jan 8, 2014, 05:19 PM
I think things got mixed up.

The new BB will be a LQ without a cougar at the end but there will be a BB like EQ for Beach.

Z-0
Jan 8, 2014, 05:32 PM
I am pretty sure the beach quest is LQ, while the city quest is EQ.

TaigaUC
Jan 8, 2014, 05:54 PM
I am pretty sure that the EQ system sucks balls.

milranduil
Jan 8, 2014, 07:48 PM
well r.i.p. leveling my dewman in a timely fashion. /life

Rakurai
Jan 8, 2014, 08:02 PM
100% boosted enemy spawn rate seems a little too good for a limited quest, IMO.

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 8, 2014, 08:34 PM
Loved Chaotic BB... I hope the new one will be a LQ and just as good, if not better, than the old one; then, I'd be spamming it like no tomorrow.

Resta
Jan 8, 2014, 08:42 PM
100% boosted enemy spawn rate seems a little too good for a limited quest, IMO.

People are so conditioned to crappy rates that an LQ with rare enemy booster seems OP to them, lol.

Shadowth117
Jan 8, 2014, 08:49 PM
Needz moar Ohtori Encampment EXP.

EvilMag
Jan 8, 2014, 08:53 PM
Needz moar Ohtori Encampment EXP.

pls sega bring that quest back.

Aine
Jan 8, 2014, 08:59 PM
The one coming mid-january is the City EQ with 100% boost enemies. It's a scheduled-only EQ, it won't occur randomly.

The one coming late january is the Beach LQ.

TaigaUC
Jan 8, 2014, 09:21 PM
I really miss the original Border Break quest.
It was nice having a hectic and fun quest that I could easily jump into at any time, on any block, at any level, with complete confidence that the party would always be filled, and be able to accomplish multiple greatly beneficial objectives, all at once.

Of course, SEGA doesn't want us being able to do that outside of "special events".
Never mind that it solves half the problems with the game.

They create a miserable normal situation, and then introduce bonuses to make players feel grateful and pressure them to take advantage of events before they are over.
That's how they get people to play their game. They aren't trying to make it fun.
They're trying to get people to PLAY NOW OR YOU'LL MISS OUT ON SOMETHING AND BE STUCK IN REGULAR MISERY!

It's almost like if a president starved his country to near-death, and then tried to encourage tourism by temporarily increasing the chances of successfully winning the local lottery by 10%.

gaijin_punch
Jan 8, 2014, 11:00 PM
They've always done that though. Not sure how the release of PSO2 was but the PSU one was underwhelming at best. Basically released a fraction of a game and went from there... hopefully making players excited when other parts of the game were unlocked. I'm convinced it's something they learned when they ran out of things to add to Episode I & II after less than a year.

Shinamori
Jan 8, 2014, 11:34 PM
If it's really a EQ, then I guess I'm still logging in only for EQs.