PDA

View Full Version : What do people do nowadays on pso2?

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 04:18 AM
I don't know what to do now. I log on and then instantly log off. Am I missing something?

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2014, 04:29 AM
What you're doing except tacos first to have money for dressup day.

Or AQs to have your class leveled for the next X class buff patch.

Or just post here instead of actually playing.

Stickboy
Jan 9, 2014, 04:31 AM
doing EQ

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2014, 04:34 AM
Oh and AFKing till EQ pops up yeah.

EvilMag
Jan 9, 2014, 04:38 AM
Playing visiphone star online 2 and wait for TD.

Pretty much everyday unless AQs have a boost.

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 04:38 AM
EQs are pretty boring, there are like 2fun ones right now, and I already have a lot of the stuff I want so I don't need meseta that much...

Ugh, I really don't want to lose interest in this game. SEGA please have events like The Great Arms Race or something.

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2014, 04:44 AM
And those are the "2" people wait for.

If you're lucky there might be two TD's today!

>Dripfeeding content to masochists with stockholm syndrome that have to earn it through failure, RNGception and waiting.

Get out while you still can!

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 9, 2014, 04:47 AM
You're not really missing anything dude.

PSO2 can become quite boring and monotonous at times.

Right now, I don't really know what to do either so I'm just focusing on Matter Boards at the moment while leveling up Gunner; yeah, I never cared too much about the Matter Boards (stopped at MB 7 more than half a year ago), nor any of the Range classes (I prefer melee). Decided to try Gunner on a whim, leveled it up to 60, and can see why people adore the class so much: I mean all I'm using is the Yas9k with 4-slot affix (Mizer, Shoot III, Ability III, Spirita Boost), with 3 units that all have Quartz and Power III affixed on them since I'm only leveling up Gunner atm (I main Hu/Br), and with Infinite Fire, each hit does around 2000 damage... and Messiah Time is just insane.... so yeah... enough said.

But anyways, yeah, right now, I'm only focusing on 3 things:

1) Getting caught up on Matter Boards.
2) Getting Lv. 16 Shunkan Shunran Disc from Base EQ
3) Leveling up Gunner.

I also do whatever EQ's that comes up... If I feel like it.

I think the main thing to not get bored is to have "In-Game Goals," and "In-Game Friends" to fool around with.

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 04:49 AM
You're not really missing anything dude.

PSO2 can become quite boring and monotonous at times.

Right now, I don't really know what to do either so I'm just focusing on Matter Boards at the moment while leveling up Gunner; yeah, I never cared too much about the Matter Boards (stopped at MB 7 more than half a year ago), nor any of the Range classes (I prefer melee). Decided to try Gunner on a whim, leveled it up to 60, and can see why people adore the class so much: I mean all I'm using is the Yas9k with 4-slot affix (Mizer, Shoot III, Ability III, Spirita Boost), with 3 units that all have Quartz and Power III affixed on them since I'm only leveling up Gunner atm (I main Hu/Br), and with Infinite Fire, each hit does around 2000 damage... and Messiah Time is just insane.... so yeah... enough said.

But anyways, yeah, right now, I'm only focusing on 3 things:

1) Getting caught up on Matter Boards.
2) Getting Lv. 16 Shunkan Shunran Disc from Base EQ
3) Leveling up Gunner.

I also do whatever EQ's that comes up... If I feel like it.

I think the main thing to not get bored is to have "In-Game Goals," and "In-Game Friends" to fool around with.
In-Game goals aren't fun really when they're almost impossible to do without wanting to give up.

Dark Priest
Jan 9, 2014, 04:50 AM
You're missing making meseta only to lose 90% of it on 1 weapon because of RNG

WildarmsRE5
Jan 9, 2014, 04:52 AM
meanwhile, I'm playing disgaea while taking a break from PSO2. . .

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 04:53 AM
meanwhile, I'm playing disgaea while taking a break from PSO2. . .

How long is that break? Forever?

UnLucky
Jan 9, 2014, 04:54 AM
Used to AFK till DF, now it's AFK till TD

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 05:00 AM
I hate AFK'ing in games. Oh well, hopefully SEGA does something exciting for once.

Shinamori
Jan 9, 2014, 06:11 AM
Hopefully the Beach LQ will be as good as BB. I've been playing other games. Disgaea 4 (That trapezohedron hunt), War Thunder, Puyo Puyo!!, Just Cause 2 Multiplayer, San Andreas Multiplayer, a bit of Planetside 2.

Ordy
Jan 9, 2014, 07:14 AM
This game is boring as shit without friends to talk and play with, I'd rather hang myself than play alone.

When I log, I always check what the others are doing first, then try to join them if I can help. I've been 65/65 since october and never leveled another class, so I really don't do it for the exp.

You always have things to do in PSO2, hunting rare Lv.16 PA disks, improving your gear, better affix on equipment, save money to buy hairstyles/accessories you cherished for long ...

Then to change your mind, you can check the weekly Client Order campaign and clear them for the rewards.

No, goals aren't impossible to reach! Wanted to buy a 30m worth Rifle, I don't spam AC scratch and don't even have a perma MyShop open, sounds impossible? Well I tried my best, reached the 30m and was as happy as a teenager who had sex for the first time (no, maybe not but almost). The only limits are the ones you set yourself.

One more thing, find interest in the people you play with, not in a stupidly linear JRPG. Instead, use the game as a pretext to play with them.

jooozek
Jan 9, 2014, 07:19 AM
pso2 in a nutshell: "threw some dice? owell throw some more"

Ratazana
Jan 9, 2014, 07:24 AM
Pretend to be AFK in front of the visiphone checking out the lolis.

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 07:28 AM
Pretend to be AFK in front of the visiphone checking out the lolis.

Disgusting.

Meta77
Jan 9, 2014, 08:48 AM
I solo bosses to test my skills and work on leveling in truth I enjoy myself quite a bit in this game regardless of having run everything. The games just fun for me. But I also focus on other games to to keep me going and not just pso2 every minute .

Punisher106
Jan 9, 2014, 10:00 AM
I basically complain about my team never wanting to TACO. I need that grinder money for my weapons, you know.

Dnd
Jan 9, 2014, 10:12 AM
You're missing making meseta only to lose 90% of it on 1 weapon because of RNG
Pretty much this, while waiting for tower defence to pop up.

Vintasticvin
Jan 9, 2014, 10:36 AM
Sounds like OP needs to take a well deserved break from pso2 check out different games revisit classic favorites or be bold and daring by going beyond the realm away from your computer and go through the door thats leads to another dimension called "outside" for a bit...

Pugas87
Jan 9, 2014, 10:52 AM
I don't get to play so often so to me the game still has tons of possibilities. I also miss like every tower defense so that makes me want to play even more.

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 11:14 AM
Sounds like OP needs to take a well deserved break from pso2 check out different games revisit classic favorites or be bold and daring by going beyond the realm away from your computer and go through the door thats leads to another dimension called "outside" for a bit...

Actually, OP hasn't been playing pso2 much for about a month or 2. I really want to continue playing though. Though, all I can do is log on get FUN and grab a XQ ticket and then don't know what to do and then log off. :l

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2014, 11:20 AM
Actually, OP hasn't been playing pso2 much for about a month or 2. I really want to continue playing though. Though, all I can do is log on get FUN and grab a XQ ticket and then don't know what to do and then log off. :l

Real Advice:

F2P games try to force you to maintain continuous contact with daily bonuses and things like that.

This is fine if you're already playing. If you're burnt out, which you appear to be, this is only going to keep you burnt out. Stop getting your daily items. If you don't want to play then very simply don't. Immerse yourself in another game entirely, or find something else to do that isn't a game. Just drop PSO2 and let it exit your mind.

If and when you find that you actually want to play again, for reasons beyond your daily fun, then come back. The whole game will seem that much more entertaining.

Lostbob117
Jan 9, 2014, 11:25 AM
Real Advice:

F2P games try to force you to maintain continuous contact with daily bonuses and things like that.

This is fine if you're already playing. If you're burnt out, which you appear to be, this is only going to keep you burnt out. Stop getting your daily items. If you don't want to play then very simply don't. Immerse yourself in another game entirely, or find something else to do that isn't a game. Just drop PSO2 and let it exit your mind.

If and when you find that you actually want to play again, for reasons beyond your daily fun, then come back. The whole game will seem that much more entertaining.

Pretty much already done. :l I just don't want to stop though, spent so many hours on this game.

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2014, 11:33 AM
You can come back if you want, or if you find you never really want to then don't. You don't have to stay with the same game forever. Honestly, it's better if you don't. You've spent a lot of time here, sure, but what matters about that time is that you enjoyed that time - not that you're obligated to spend more.

RadiantLegend
Jan 9, 2014, 11:54 AM
Super Sweet TACOS, EQs, chat with friends, shunka everything and anything. Shunka made pso fun again

TaigaUC
Jan 9, 2014, 11:55 AM
The bonuses will probably ultimately end up being obsolete when they make all the items and levels easier to obtain or completely pointless.

Just take a break and come back later.
The only thing you'll really miss is stuff like cheap clothing and accessories.

Digital Pain
Jan 9, 2014, 12:17 PM
These days I do Taco's, afk until TD, after TD I usually spam Amdusc TA first room with whatever boost I have left (hunting boulay obs) then once boost runs out afk until nxt eq

Arksenth
Jan 9, 2014, 12:19 PM
Refresh the visiphone, buy cheap things and resell them until TD pops up.

meeeeeeeeeh

Shinureal
Jan 9, 2014, 12:25 PM
Try pushing and moving out spacing players by walking slowly.

The Walrus
Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 PM
Log on for fun points, occasionally do some easy SH orders to turn in as my braver. Other than that meh, I'll probably hop on for the TDs that happen at night this week though.

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2014, 01:42 PM
It's already gotten to the point where when someone tells me that I missed a TD, I just go "Oh, okay."

Alenoir
Jan 9, 2014, 03:22 PM
TA, dress up game, throw money at Doodoo, try to get into block 10, defense, sleep.

pkemr4
Jan 9, 2014, 03:43 PM
TA's, rush to Block 10 and AFK till TD comes up.

Courina
Jan 10, 2014, 02:33 AM
while ppl log off to sleep, im login to sleep in my room while listening jukebox music...

dont tell me im the only one who do that o.O?

Arksenth
Jan 10, 2014, 02:37 AM
while ppl log off to sleep, im login to sleep in my room while listening jukebox music...

dont tell me im the only one who do that o.O?

I've been doing this ever since I set up my room in anticipation for the crafting update using free room passes, but I kind of dislike how you have to scramble back into a block whenever a good emergency is announced.

Komeiji Sig
Jan 10, 2014, 02:42 AM
Tacos mostly and helping friends level up or farm certain bosses for rares xD Costume shopping also on the downtime

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 10, 2014, 04:28 AM
TAs, PA hunt, run the good EQs or use COs to work on my alts so its plenty to do for me anyways

Rain Walker
Jan 10, 2014, 04:42 AM
I lift in my room

WildarmsRE5
Jan 10, 2014, 06:08 AM
dammit, my right arms hurts after playing too much "Prinny: can I be a hero?"

mostly because of prinny barrage-ing. . . that's it, back to PSO2. . . :wacko:

Retehi
Jan 10, 2014, 08:23 AM
Forums are the endgame of PSO2.

Lostbob117
Jan 10, 2014, 09:01 AM

Worst possible endgame of a game ever.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2014, 09:37 AM

PSO2's forum endgame really doesn't hold a candle to other forum endgames.

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2014, 09:51 AM
I await the day when these games have "allgame" instead of "endgame", if you know what I mean.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 10, 2014, 11:04 AM
Tas, collecting dailies that request 99 of something to hang on to for the next level cap increase. (Whenever it comes...)

Grady219
Jan 10, 2014, 03:08 PM
Try stacking on as many excubes as you can get through leveling at 65 and getting 10*weapons. Then spend all of them on 1000 fun tickets. Sometimes it's rewarding. Sometimes it is not.

Geistritter
Jan 10, 2014, 03:35 PM
Worst possible endgame of a game ever.

Since someone mentioned Disgaea, there's some pretty shitty endgame to be found there. Grind for two thousand levels until you you can fight the next postgame boss!

Valimer
Jan 10, 2014, 03:58 PM
By chance (lol who am I kidding everything is chance in this game) I found a 10* unit on sanctum that is perfect for my gunner, so now I've taken up grinding Sanctum emergency trials to find the other unit to complete the set.

Other than that... Hans XP and Mining Base I guess. But that' it.

UnLucky
Jan 10, 2014, 09:30 PM
Since someone mentioned Disgaea, there's some pretty shitty endgame to be found there. Grind for two thousand levels until you you can fight the next postgame boss!

That's not endgame, that's postgame! Get it right!

WildarmsRE5
Jan 10, 2014, 11:57 PM
still the Grindiest game I've ever played. . .

and I'm playing Prinny: can I really be the Hero?

not Disgaea itself :wacko:

Zona
Jan 11, 2014, 11:33 PM
I just delete my char and create a new one...

The Walrus
Jan 11, 2014, 11:41 PM
why would you do that to yourself

Shinamori
Jan 12, 2014, 12:44 AM
I can see if he wasn't far at all. But if had like 1000+ hrs then...

gigawuts
Jan 12, 2014, 01:06 AM
I just delete my char and create a new one...

But OP's tried that.

.Jack
Jan 12, 2014, 02:23 AM
Do a few Hans exp CO, check for EQs @:45, make meseta from player shops and reply to random PMs.

Railkune
Jan 12, 2014, 05:32 PM
I have found myself stuck in the same situation. It's like, there ARE things for me to do. I haven't capped out my levels yet, and my equipment is 'far' from good. It's just the RNG and grinding that is holding me back from doing anything. Lately I've just been relying on EQ's for leveling and hoping I'll get lucky with worthwhile items in the mean time.

Lostbob117
Jan 13, 2014, 08:42 AM
But OP's tried that.

This is true lol. That was not enjoyable.

Coatl
Jan 13, 2014, 10:33 AM
You know if PSO2 is really boring you can always

try a different game for awhile. :v That's what I do at least.

Lostbob117
Jan 13, 2014, 11:24 AM
You know if PSO2 is really boring you can always

try a different game for awhile. :v That's what I do at least.

I don't know how to describe it, but it's not boring.. I like the combat.

gigawuts
Jan 13, 2014, 11:26 AM
It's empty. That's kind of what's been said from day 1, but back then people defended the hollowness with claims like "it's brand new, you can't expect much content! they'll add tons of quests later!"

it's later, there are not tons of quests, we just have time attacks, arks quests, and free fields then shit like XQs and AQs (which are smaller free fields with limited spawns)

Lostbob117
Jan 13, 2014, 11:29 AM
It's empty. That's kind of what's been said from day 1, but back then people defended the hollowness with claims like "it's brand new, you can't expect much content! they'll add tons of quests later!"

it's later, there are not tons of quests, we just have time attacks, arks quests, and free fields then shit like XQs and AQs (which are smaller free fields with limited spawns)

Yeah.. They need fun quest. AQs and XQs were a good step that way, but XQs are pretty hard and hard to find a party sometimes.

gigawuts
Jan 13, 2014, 11:34 AM
What kept PSO1 alive for me was the sheer variety of quests. Even the same area had a dozen different things you could run, all with different and planned enemy distributions. Some were obviously far better than others, definitely, but the variety was better offline (do this for shigno beats, do this for gilchics, etc.) and compared to PSO2 it's not even a competition.

I think a bunch of quests that didn't depend on this irritating random spawn system would be a pretty nice change of pace. Then again, since the game is focused so heavily on 1shots maybe not. PSO1 felt more like an actiony board game, but PSO2 wouldn't really succeed as well with that model.

GirrMan66
Jan 13, 2014, 11:58 AM
honestly if ur really bored go to block 20 and just watch what people say. we get pretty weird sometimes lol.

The Walrus
Jan 13, 2014, 01:32 PM
That only works if you're on ship 2 :I

Tenlade
Jan 13, 2014, 02:36 PM
What kept PSO1 alive for me was the sheer variety of quests. Even the same area had a dozen different things you could run, all with different and planned enemy distributions. Some were obviously far better than others, definitely, but the variety was better offline (do this for shigno beats, do this for gilchics, etc.) and compared to PSO2 it's not even a competition.

I think a bunch of quests that didn't depend on this irritating random spawn system would be a pretty nice change of pace. Then again, since the game is focused so heavily on 1shots maybe not. PSO1 felt more like an actiony board game, but PSO2 wouldn't really succeed as well with that model.

Pso2 actually does match pso1 pretty well with the story,time attack, and den missions. It also has a lot of gameplay variety with its emergency codes, It just needs more missions with actual level design based around these codes to make them fun and challenging.

Oh, and it needs a not shit drop rate and actual rewards to make people actually play them.

Lostbob117
Jan 13, 2014, 04:19 PM
honestly if ur really bored go to block 20 and just watch what people say. we get pretty weird sometimes lol.

I rather stay healthy, thank you.

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 04:22 PM

No, never, :(

milranduil
Jan 13, 2014, 04:38 PM
Pso2 actually does match pso1 pretty well with the story,time attack, and den missions. It also has a lot of gameplay variety with its emergency codes, It just needs more missions with actual level design based around these codes to make them fun and challenging.

Oh, and it needs a not shit drop rate and actual rewards to make people actually play them.

If I could hunt baize/visbolt/gelwulf/capture, then I might consider them being rewarding, but it's sega so lolrngfku.

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 04:43 PM
Capture has a good drop?

milranduil
Jan 13, 2014, 04:49 PM
Red capture can give Legs/Whitetail which is 10PP unit usually paired with two-piece sets like Blitz/Gloam/etc. 18mil. Good luck hunting that though :wacko:

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 05:19 PM
Ah. Sounds like something you should so solo or with a small party. MPAs don't even do captures, even red code ones.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 13, 2014, 07:29 PM
honestly if ur really bored go to block 20 and just watch what people say. we get pretty weird sometimes lol.my usual dose of "days in B-20" trust me, this guy's knows what he's recommending.

just don't talk or reply to the topic, just. . . read and sit back as players flame each other :wacko:

Emp
Jan 13, 2014, 07:34 PM
I just practice against the bosses that are hard for me. Practice makes perfect. Wish I could reguraly fight ragne outside of random duel code or eq.

The Walrus
Jan 13, 2014, 07:44 PM
Naberius 2 Time Attack.

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 13, 2014, 07:51 PM
Level Capped GU yesterday. Now HU, FI, BR, GU are all Lv. 65. I guess I think I'm gonna try leveling up RA too since there's nothing else to do Except TD; I got it up to Lv. 45, but for me, playing RA is kind of a chore and slightly boring... oh well, I'll make it fun somehow.

The Walrus
Jan 13, 2014, 08:28 PM
Why not get the 10* TMGs Ranger can use?

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 13, 2014, 08:35 PM
^I think I might try that with the H10 (since I don't have a Guld Milla)... thanks. Now I guess, I'll be experimenting with Chain Trigger with WB (at first I thought about RA/HU, but nvm, I think I'll go with RA/GU to level RA up).

Lostbob117
Jan 13, 2014, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking about trying Gunner, what PAs are good and which are bad and why?

MetalDude
Jan 13, 2014, 08:52 PM
Infinite Fire, Elder Rebellion, Heel Stab, Messiah Time.

IF is your bread'n'butter in that you'll be running around with it most of the time. ER is precise and long-range, not a bad Chain Finish PA either. HS is a solid mobbing PA that needs a charge first. MT is more situational but it shines where it works, namely on stunned bosses or Zondeel'd mobs that are clustered up.

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 13, 2014, 08:54 PM
Infinte Fire is your best Friend.... abuse, abuse, abuse since it's a long string of shots for a lot of damage + you can cancel the PA into a stylish roll to evade at anytime.

Messiah Time is excellent if you utilize Zero Range (on skill tree) and the the Potential Zero Effort (16% damage bonus at Lv.3 on weapon)... quite insane damage if you ask me.

Heel Stab is great for mobbing + good damage, especially with Zero Effort.

Basically, these 3 PA's are THE PA's to use as GU.

GU's quite a fun class to play, and steamrolls right through everything on sight, quite overpowered if you ask me.

When I play GU I like to play it like a melee class, meaning that I like to shoot the enemies' faces off at Point Blank range.

Emp
Jan 13, 2014, 09:37 PM
Infinte Fire is your best Friend.... abuse, abuse, abuse since it's a long string of shots for a lot of damage + you can cancel the PA into a stylish roll to evade at anytime.

Messiah Time is excellent if you utilize Zero Range (on skill tree) and the the Potential Zero Effort (16% damage bonus at Lv.3 on weapon)... quite insane damage if you ask me.

Heel Stab is great for mobbing + good damage, especially with Zero Effort.

Basically, these 3 PA's are THE PA's to use as GU.

GU's quite a fun class to play, and steamrolls right through everything on sight, quite overpowered if you ask me.

When I play GU I like to play it like a melee class, meaning that I like to shoot the enemies' faces off at Point Blank range.

Messaih Time is ok. Its great but slow to start. I personally dont like having to position myself in order to get all the possible hits in.

Rakurai
Jan 13, 2014, 09:55 PM
Aerial Shooting is also useful, as if charged and used at the top of a jump, it leaves you at a height where very few enemies are capable of hitting you at, and it's easy to remain up there indefinitely using Elder Rebellion.

MetalDude
Jan 13, 2014, 11:34 PM
Messiah Time when it comes to hitting stunned bosses is just stupid. I don't think there's any GU PA that contests with it. It's also pretty nice if you have someone clustering mobs for you. Positioning isn't really hard either, just do a backwards flip right in front of your target and have fun.

btw-Niji
Jan 13, 2014, 11:51 PM
I personally think Elder Rebellion should be avoided except in a few situations. This PA can annoy your party if you misuse it.

But like everyone else said, your main PAs should be Infinity Fire, Heel Stab and Messiah time.

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 12:34 AM
Aerial Shooting is also useful, as if charged and used at the top of a jump, it leaves you at a height where very few enemies are capable of hitting you at, and it's easy to remain up there indefinitely using Elder Rebellion.

this. this is how all Gunners should play when fighting boss's

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 12:40 AM
Elder Rebellion is not a mobbing PA dammit, its a Boss killing PA that you perform in the Air for safety. . .

Chik'Tikka
Jan 14, 2014, 05:42 AM
I'm taking a break until level cap raise, cause well, not much to do, (especially as freemium) i haven't even checked out the tower defense thing yet, but from what i hear, all that's different is instead of going forward and kill all the things, it's now wait there and kill all the things +^_^+

phobosplays
Jan 14, 2014, 05:54 AM
Looks like I'm gonna put a ton of hours into this game at the times I'm not away.

Lostbob117
Jan 14, 2014, 07:34 AM
Trends I'm noticing through out from the posts(What I'm getting from it):

*Elder Rebellion is annoying to MPAs
*Elder Rebellion is a great PA to use on bosses with Aerial Shooter for safety and massive damage output(op)
*IF, Messiah Time(I don't get this PAs name), and Heel Stab are really good to use for small mobs/in MPAs.
*Messiah Time is annoying to use and takes time to get use to.
*Zero Range is a good Skill on Gunner.
*You shouldn't be far from a fight as Gunner.

Xaelouse
Jan 14, 2014, 07:41 AM
messiah time is for large mobs and stunned bosses, and it's not as annoying as say holding current on wired lance. Just dive in and have fun