PDA

View Full Version : GU dodge...

Emp
Jan 9, 2014, 05:37 PM
Do you use sroll or dive roll? Seems like dive rolling gives me more invulnerability as I back out of enemy atk range or radius.

Stickboy
Jan 9, 2014, 05:41 PM
sroll because fabulous dodge

GALEFORCE
Jan 9, 2014, 05:42 PM
Dive roll has much less iframes unless you heavily invest in the dive roll advance skill. It's virtually useless other than for quickly moving forward.

Rakurai
Jan 9, 2014, 05:42 PM
I only use dive roll if I want to avoid doing that awful slow-mo dodge that more often then not gets me killed.

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2014, 06:03 PM
When they give DRoll JA Bonus I might use it.

Emp
Jan 9, 2014, 06:33 PM
Dive roll has much less iframes unless you heavily invest in the dive roll advance skill. It's virtually useless other than for quickly moving forward.

Im good at keeping distance but it just seems like its easier to avoid some atks by dive rolling. When exactly do u have those invul frames during sroll?

This. 200% dive roll would be glorius. It would actually make RA a really great class, cause u wouldnt need standing or shoot once to ja, which in my opinion, slows down ra amongst other classes.

Dark Priest
Jan 9, 2014, 06:56 PM
Im good at keeping distance but it just seems like its easier to avoid some atks by dive rolling. When exactly do u have those invul frames during sroll?

This. 200% dive roll would be glorius. It would actually make RA a really great class, cause u wouldnt need standing or shoot once to ja, which in my opinion, slows down ra amongst other classes.

RA is already a great class, i was not aware standing back and shooting enemies when you are mostly out of harms way was not enough?

Sacrificial
Jan 9, 2014, 07:00 PM

or being able to shoot while diverolling. kinda Gunz style

MetalDude
Jan 9, 2014, 07:11 PM
RA is already a great class, i was not aware standing back and shooting enemies when you are mostly out of harms way was not enough?

It is, but its dodge regardless of all this is atrocious. The iframes are barely noticeable. I don't have an issue with RA having a fundamentally weak dodge (and it mostly is because of the endlag), but the utter lack of iframes all around is pretty awful.

UnLucky
Jan 9, 2014, 07:12 PM
Any time I manage to dive roll through an attack I feel like celebrating.

Feels like actually getting hit during SRoll happens as much as a successful dive.

If you SRoll from the ground, you're pretty much invincible the entire time you're in the air. And if you do mistime it, you still get super armor.

Dive roll's invuln stops halfway through the roll, so you can be on the ground but still take damage. It's the worst dodge in the game.

Nythain
Jan 9, 2014, 07:22 PM
I agree. One can easily SRoll through stuff that Dive can't.

Dark Priest
Jan 9, 2014, 07:24 PM
It is, but its dodge regardless of all this is atrocious. The iframes are barely noticeable. I don't have an issue with RA having a fundamentally weak dodge (and it mostly is because of the endlag), but the utter lack of iframes all around is pretty awful.

It does suck, no argument there, but it seems like they are saying if you want a good dive roll you have to waste points in it, which i highly doubt most people will do, so they just more or less deal with it and do sroll. but for me i just try my best to avoid getting hit the few times i play it.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 9, 2014, 07:31 PM
you're supposed to fight enemies/bosses head on at their faces, Gunner descriptions says that "using long range weapons for close combat"

they should put dive roll attack. . . so we can JA rifle/launchers more faster.

Emp
Jan 9, 2014, 07:35 PM
I switched my vita controls to sroll on down dpad, and dive roll on r. Tested it on kitties multiple time. I was pretty dam good before kitties atks but it seems Im even better now. Faster reaction is do backwards dive roll. Imma keep practicing here and there. But will still be the main dodge still I guess.

I wish there was a non eq quest with ragne as the boss. Theres no other atk I really want to practice dodging is Ragne ground slam, where he jumps and slam right on top of you.

Any time I manage to dive roll through an attack I feel like celebrating.

Feels like actually getting hit during SRoll happens as much as a successful dive.

If you SRoll from the ground, you're pretty much invincible the entire time you're in the air. And if you do mistime it, you still get super armor.

Dive roll's invuln stops halfway through the roll, so you can be on the ground but still take damage. It's the worst dodge in the game.

I see. And thats my major problem. I need to stop jumping then srolling. It doesnt happen often but I sometimes do it and Ive paid for it.

Emp
Jan 9, 2014, 07:37 PM
you're supposed to fight enemies/bosses head on at their faces, Gunner descriptions says that "using long range weapons for close combat"

they should put dive roll attack. . . so we can JA rifle/launchers more faster.

Yes it does but I despise playing that zero effort bullshit. Some love it but I dont. I love RA with a passion and that ranged style flows into how I play gu.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 9, 2014, 07:47 PM
mhmkay, whatever works for you I guess. :wacko:

UnLucky
Jan 9, 2014, 07:49 PM
I see. And thats my major problem. I need to stop jumping then srolling. It doesnt happen often but I sometimes do it and Ive paid for it.
Well I meant more like the animation. Pretty sure it's the same starting in the air. The start and end is still vulnerable, but any time in between is safe.

Emp
Jan 9, 2014, 08:23 PM
Well I meant more like the animation. Pretty sure it's the same starting in the air. The start and end is still vulnerable, but any time in between is safe.

Sounds very similar to dive roll. Your vuln at end lol. I would mind being vuln at beginning of sroll butits getting hit on the landing that pisses me off. Sroll 》boss grabs you as u land :roll:

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 9, 2014, 08:27 PM
SRoll so I can attack the enemy crabs for massive damage

And it has ridiculous invincibility frames

Valimer
Jan 10, 2014, 04:58 PM

Not to mention the idea of JA DRoll would make for more interesting game play mechanics.

And whether Ranger is a good class on it's own is debatable.

jooozek
Jan 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
if droll ja made launcher have no windup for the PAs, sure

isCasted
Jan 10, 2014, 06:22 PM
Well, Dive Roll is less usable than S-Roll because of long pause at the end, but it actually travels further and faster. I usually use Dive Roll when I am nearby slow tanky mobs (which usually have big attack range and timespan) or inside a huge pile of small mobs that are ready to bump into each other. This way I get myself further away from danger, knowing that those enemies won't reach me while I have to "get up".

If mobs are spread all over the territory, or if you fight boss - stick to S-Roll.

btw-Niji
Jan 10, 2014, 06:36 PM
IMO, the only time you should be using Dive Roll on GU is to cancel PAs (like infinity fire) after the enemies are dead and you want to move forward while canceling, as opposed to sroll's sideroll/backroll.