PDA

View Full Version : So... PSO2 without Gameguard throwing a fit?

Punisher106
Jan 9, 2014, 08:56 PM
How are you guys able to open PSO2 without Gameguard throwing a fit? When I play, GG throws a fit and crashes programs almost every time I open the game, to the point where the computer logs me off, or flat-out freezes. There has to be something you all are doing, or something.

Aeris
Jan 9, 2014, 09:45 PM
Donno, i just load up PSO2 normally and crashes a few things from my nvidia programs and some of my utility programs that came with my laptop and its fine after that.

TaigaUC
Jan 9, 2014, 09:49 PM
Sounds like Gameguard is just working as intended.
Gameguard: guarding games from you and your PC.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Avereth CAST
Jan 9, 2014, 10:00 PM
Gameguard never closes anything for me, though there have been times it tried as hard as it could to kill Firefox or Skype.

There are rare times where it does somehow manage to bluescreen me or simply freeze the computer exactly how the screen looks.

You just have to deal with it. Restarting the computer more often seems to reduce the incidences a little bit though.

TaigaUC
Jan 9, 2014, 10:28 PM
Gameguard hates Maya, Mudbox, Firefox, Media Player Classic, etc.
I have to boot them before I boot PSO2.
Some will crash as soon as Gameguard rears its ugly head.

Alenoir
Jan 10, 2014, 12:24 AM
GG crashes Chrome right now and will crash my input personalization once in a while, but that's about it. Win7 Pro 64bit, if that makes a difference.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2014, 12:25 AM
Have you tried deleting the gameguard folder? That may fix a problem or two. Maybe not all, but hopefully some.

Variant
Jan 10, 2014, 12:56 AM
Not sure exactly how far you're getting in the process, but running in virtual full screen might help.

I play on Win7 Pro 64 bit also and don't have any of those issues.

GG does a lot of things, one of which being it acting like a rootkit and scanning for any suspicious behavior related in any way/shape/form to PSO2 and will attempt to close it.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 10, 2014, 01:37 AM
How are you guys able to open PSO2 without Gameguard throwing a fit? When I play, GG throws a fit and crashes programs almost every time I open the game, to the point where the computer logs me off, or flat-out freezes. There has to be something you all are doing, or something.

Pray?

But in all seriousness; Gameguard is extremely haphazard in terms of...anything really. I always worry every time I see GG updating. You may just have to hope that the next update makes it less lame.

Maybe contact AIDA? Don't want to throw more work around, but...

Punisher106
Jan 10, 2014, 09:17 AM
Well, from what I remember, It likes to crash "ipodservicemodule", "Windows Live ID network client" or something like that, Something about my video card's control center (Yes, it's an ATI card), And a few others. There's like a 30% chance that my computer will forcibly log out or freeze on me.