PDA

View Full Version : Border Break: EQ or LQ?

AlVaRo0515
Jan 13, 2014, 01:55 AM
So BB will be returning on the 15th, but we have no idea if it will be an EQ or LQ(Limited Quest). there's rumors out in the internet saying it will return as an EQ. any thoughts?

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 02:04 AM
It's gonna be a EQ, at least accordding to Bumped, unless something go mixed up. I think the beach BB will be an LQ, which will come on the 22nd I think.

AlVaRo0515
Jan 13, 2014, 02:16 AM
It's gonna be a EQ, at least accordding to Bumped, unless something go mixed up. I think the beach BB will be an LQ, which will come on the 22nd I think.

sakai screws us over once again...

strikerhunter
Jan 13, 2014, 02:19 AM
*facepalm* There was another thread bout the same exact topic...............

There will be a beach EQ basing on borderbreak while there will be a City LQ that is borderbreak but without couger.

I might had the two mixed up, but regardless both are borderbreak alikes.

Edson Drake
Jan 13, 2014, 02:36 AM
They should just let us play Chaotic BB as long as we want to. Because at least then, people would play the game rather than afk in the lobbies all the time. I hate playing alone all the times it's not an EQ.

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2014, 03:09 AM
They should just let us play Chaotic BB as long as we want to. Because at least then, people would play the game rather than afk in the lobbies all the time. I hate playing alone all the times it's not an EQ.
And then everyone gets bored with it because it's the best thing to do and everything else except maybe XQs and TAs becomes obsolete.

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 13, 2014, 03:19 AM
Given how strong we are, I hope the bosses in the new BB will actually pose a challenge and therefore won't die in like 2 seconds from a full 12/12 MPA.

Edson Drake
Jan 13, 2014, 03:23 AM
And then everyone gets bored with it because it's the best thing to do and everything else except maybe XQs and TAs becomes obsolete.

More content. You don't expect the game to stay like that(same AQs, XQs, TAs) forever, right?

Ratazana
Jan 13, 2014, 03:30 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://iid.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Drip-Feed-Cash-.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
Jan 13, 2014, 03:43 AM

to be honest, everyone is already bored with everything, when the last border break was around everyone was at least levelling classes in it; it was populated all the length of it's run

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2014, 03:44 AM
More content. You don't expect the game to stay like that(same AQs, XQs, TAs) forever, right?I think you're missing the point. More content: good. Content that makes the rest of the game redundant: bad. If it became a normal, permanent, quest, even if it was limited, it wouldn't solve any of the problems of not having anything to do because of how much outright better it is than everything else (enemies from every planet, 100% boost rate, probably higher rare enemy spawns etc).

Content doesn't have to be perfectly equal, and I wouldn't mind this becoming a permanent, albeit rare EQ. Being able to do it whenever you want and as long as you want would just make it get boring faster though.

While I'm all for new content, BB isn't the kind of content we need. Infact I think a lot could be done by removing or tweaking some of the limits on AQs and EQs, no one does those either. >_>

to be honest, everyone is already bored with everything, when the last border break was around everyone was at least levelling classes in it; it was populated all the length of it's run
It was populated because it was centralized content, most EQs are too though. Right now the game is spread a bit too thin, so frankly, I can see the merit in something that anyone can do regardless of what they're trying to do, I just don't think BB is a long term answer because at least if you get bored of spamming caves all day you can go to another quest and get roughly equal content. With BB, once you're bored with it, everything else is less rewarding, so why do it? (if your answer is for fun, that's a valid answer, but doesn't really have anything to do with the problems people are pointing out.)

.Jack
Jan 13, 2014, 03:58 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://iid.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Drip-Feed-Cash-.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

With all these boosts scheduled now a days and limited time, I prefer this.. lol

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2014, 04:01 AM
With all these boosts scheduled now a days and limited time, I prefer this.. lolIt's called Bread and Circuses sweety.

.Jack
Jan 13, 2014, 04:09 AM
^ minority, ofc. duly noted ^^;

jooozek
Jan 13, 2014, 04:10 AM
It was populated because it was centralized content, most EQs are too though. Right now the game is spread a bit too thin, so frankly, I can see the merit in something that anyone can do regardless of what they're trying to do, I just don't think BB is a long term answer because at least if you get bored of spamming caves all day you can go to another quest and get roughly equal content. With BB, once you're bored with it, everything else is less rewarding, so why do it? (if your answer is for fun, that's a valid answer, but doesn't really have anything to do with the problems people are pointing out.)
who said it should be a long term answer? it would be just a bandaid, but a better one that adding some new shitty area that plays out exactly like the last one and has even shittier drop rates and no one runs it after 2 days already
i mean, once you hit the level cap there is really nothing to do outside of waiting for EQs and even EQs are really shitty
i'm sure i'm not the only only one who plays TD exclusively simply because even if i gather myself to do something else, no one else is running it ATM and this game is a bitch for people who want to solo (dripfeed spawns, dripfeed bursts, having to kill enough enemies to rack up points for boosted loot from boss crystal, only 1 boss in miniboss rooms/codes)

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 04:16 AM
If Sega releases too much content, people get bored after a while. If they release less content, people get bored. I don't do much and I really don't feel like afking when I could be playing something else. I even started looking into other MMOs like Planetside 2 or War Thunder. Only time I really login is for EQs.

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2014, 04:17 AM
who said it should be a long term answer? it would be just a bandaid, but a better one that adding some new shitty area that plays out exactly like the last one and has even shittier drop rates and no one runs it after 2 days already

When you put it like that you make a good point. I just feel a LOT of content has been bandaids and just hasn't been working. At some point Sega needs to stop taping little X's on cracks and actually start pouring cement into them.

.Jack
Jan 13, 2014, 04:25 AM
If Sega releases too much content, people get bored after a while. If they release less content, people get bored. I don't do much and I really don't feel like afking when I could be playing something else. I even started looking into other MMOs like Planetside 2 or War Thunder. Only time I really login is for EQs.

^ agree. you can argue either side if you want to.

When playing PSU on the 360 I had my usual logging routine in the evenings no major change with updates there and then I joined PSUJP in its last 1-2 years and I started setting up alarms for that.. :D

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 05:08 AM
It's come to the point where I have missed the 9am TDs and was like. "Darn it. Meh, oh well. RNG will fuck me in the ass anyways."

Z-0
Jan 13, 2014, 07:22 AM
City is an Emergency, not a Limited Quest. (@ whoever said the opposite earlier in this thread).

In the video it says 緊急 which means Emergency.

Saffran
Jan 13, 2014, 07:40 AM
Was I the only one who got bored of Border Break after 2 runs? I could never fathom why people kept on running it.
Emergency quests are good *because* they are EQ. If people could run Falz Hands all day, that's all they would be doing. Just like people only ran TTF and TRT on Blue Burst.
BTW the new city EQ will be for leveling up, again. We already have a fair share of users who are close to max level and still don't know the basics of the game - how about a quest about gameplay like the "learn how to chat" quest on Episode 2?

Kilich
Jan 13, 2014, 08:04 AM
When you put it like that you make a good point. I just feel a LOT of content has been bandaids and just hasn't been working. At some point Sega needs to stop taping little X's on cracks and actually start pouring cement into them.

What cement exactly? People will get bored of any pve content soon. Even if Sega went out of their way to create a new game mode, because a simple new map wont last even a day, every month, people will get tired of those in a few days.

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 08:35 AM
City is an Emergency, not a Limited Quest. (@ whoever said the opposite earlier in this thread).

In the video it says 緊急 which means Emergency.

-_-. Guess I'm only logging in for the EQs then.

TaigaUC
Jan 13, 2014, 09:01 AM
I glanced at the live broadcast video today and noticed that the Beach quest is listed as a "limited quest".
That probably means the City one is an EQ, although I didn't bother checking.

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 09:42 AM
Yea the beach one is next week I think.

gigawuts
Jan 13, 2014, 10:03 AM
I haven't seen anything about this beach quest, at least not that stands out in my memory. What is it? Will there be only coast enemies, or will it be more of a mixed bag like border break?

Coatl
Jan 13, 2014, 10:09 AM
I haven't seen anything about this beach quest, at least not that stands out in my memory. What is it? Will there be only coast enemies, or will it be more of a mixed bag like border break?

From the video it pretty much seemed like an updated border break that will include all the newest bosses, but in a new setting (being the coast).

gigawuts
Jan 13, 2014, 11:24 AM
Oh, that's great then. I know what I'm doing after the update.

TaigaUC
Jan 13, 2014, 12:23 PM
Just hope the map layout isn't annoying.
Some of them are absolutely terrible for enemy spawns, bursts, catching up to moving parties, etc.