PDA

View Full Version : Weird FPS Drops

Alastorsx100
Jan 14, 2014, 11:45 AM
So I just started back playing PSO2 and I'm getting very frame rate drops I'll go from 60 to 10 FPS or lower. Can someone tell why it's doing that. p.s I've been playing PSO2 for a year and its never done this

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 11:50 AM
when is this issue occuring? like in the lobby or in a mpa?

Alastorsx100
Jan 14, 2014, 11:51 AM
In both sometimes even when i start my game up on the main menu screen Also my settings are set to deafult

Excaerious
Jan 14, 2014, 12:39 PM
Only thing I can think of is perhaps drivers?

Something to try is changing the graphical options in game (ever so slightly) so it has to reapply all settings and see if that changes something.

Also maybe try a different screen mode, virtual fullscreen (borderless window) tends to run a bit more crappy than normal fullscreen, and true windowed mode has been variable in my experience.

Misaki Ki
Jan 14, 2014, 12:47 PM
I've seen two cases of this myself. One is related to Windows using 100% disk usage on the page file, for whatever reason. More ram, closing programs, or rebooting before you start might help.

The second is related to GPU usage, shoots to 99% for some unknown reason. PSO2 is the only game I've seen cause this, and I'm unsure why it's happening to some people.

Alastorsx100
Jan 14, 2014, 01:26 PM
Well it hope it fixes itself because i can do everything else on my pc but pso for some reason
Lemme see if i need to update my drivers.

btw-Niji
Jan 14, 2014, 05:46 PM
In both sometimes even when i start my game up on the main menu screen Also my settings are set to deafult
Where exactly on the main menu are you getting this drop? If it's after accepting the terms and the screen changes to the ship select, yes it's normal to drop frames there. I think it's network latency related.

EvilMag
Jan 14, 2014, 05:52 PM
I've been getting random FPS drops ever since this gameguard update.

fucking annoys me.

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2014, 06:42 PM
Once, out of nowhere, my game's FPS started bombing really hard. First thing I did was check my CPU usage percentage. It was 100%, out of nowhere. Has never happened since (and never happened prior to that incident). I would check out all that stuff first, next time it happens.

TaigaUC
Jan 14, 2014, 08:01 PM
Hard to help any individual person without knowing all of the details about their setup.
It could be anything, really.

btw-Niji
Jan 14, 2014, 08:08 PM
Once, out of nowhere, my game's FPS started bombing really hard. First thing I did was check my CPU usage percentage. It was 100%, out of nowhere. Has never happened since (and never happened prior to that incident). I would check out all that stuff first, next time it happens.
I've had PSO2 take almost 100% CPU a couple times before... but it happened when I logged in after a "big" update. It'd go back to normal after 15 mins, though.

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 02:19 AM
I've had PSO2 take almost 100% CPU a couple times before... but it happened when I logged in after a "big" update. It'd go back to normal after 15 mins, though.

Sound like pso2 streaming a new lobby video in this case. It did the same thing to me when I installed back in april. Since my net was crappy back then, the 1st day of actually playing was almost unplayable even by reducing graphic option........

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 15, 2014, 02:22 AM

that is exactly what happens to me too ! No doubt it will happen again after this update..