PDA

View Full Version : katana dash vs TD for dashing?

pkemr4
Jan 17, 2014, 01:55 PM
which is quicker for dashing?

TehblackUchiha
Jan 17, 2014, 02:13 PM
i was katana dashing today and i didn't see too much of a difference but i still think TD dashing is still a bit better

IndigoNovember
Jan 17, 2014, 02:17 PM
One doesn't use PP which will probably be more beneficial in the long run.

TehblackUchiha
Jan 17, 2014, 02:18 PM
well i triple dash with katana since step and step attack is now faster. I havent tried the new PA for dashing yet.

btw-Niji
Jan 17, 2014, 02:25 PM
Dagger still has the fastest step attack.

Walkure
Jan 17, 2014, 02:27 PM
So katana's step attack is quick enough to be comparable to TD dash, or is it just comparable to assault buster on partisan? Or both?

btw-Niji
Jan 17, 2014, 02:30 PM
So katana's step attack is quick enough to be comparable to TD dash, or is it just comparable to assault buster on partisan? Or both?
Uh, no step attack is comparable to assault buster's reach.

But the changes to that one katana PA (cancel mid PA) is better than assault buster

Walkure
Jan 17, 2014, 02:38 PM
I meant the PA-PA comparison. Sorry if there was any confusion.

btw-Niji
Jan 17, 2014, 02:45 PM
Atm, the best dashing setup on Braver is 2x dagger and a katana with Asagirendan. Dunno if I spelt that PA name right though.

The recent changes to "Asagirendan" have made it a much alternative to Assault Buster. But that 30PP cost isn't really nice.. lol

SakoHaruo
Jan 17, 2014, 02:48 PM
You guys have to be sitting on 300pp to even think spaming katana PAs is better than TD dashing. TD step animation is still the fastest. I tried K-dashing yesterday, the start up feels faster but I don't think it travels the same distance as buster, transition is much smoother though. either way katana won't replace the Partizan because you still need to use it in certain areas -- I'm talking about efficiency here.

btw-Niji
Jan 17, 2014, 02:55 PM
You guys have to be sitting on 300pp to even think spaming katana PAs is better than TD dashing. TD step animation is still the fastest. I tried K-dashing yesterday, the start up feels faster but I don't think it travels the same distance as buster, transition is much smoother though. either way katana won't replace the Partizan because you still need to use it in certain areas -- I'm talking about efficiency here.
You're right. Especially as HU/BR, it would be very stupid to replace assault buster with that PA.

But as BR/HU, and not being able to one shot anything at all in SH with AB, it's fine.. I guess.

Definitely want to use Assault Buster instead for VH TA, though.

UnLucky
Jan 17, 2014, 03:43 PM
Atm, the best dashing setup on Braver is 2x dagger and a katana with Asagirendan. Dunno if I spelt that PA name right though.

Asagi?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhnfgcfuOZI#t=71

IndigoNovember
Jan 17, 2014, 05:17 PM
Maybe she can become a heroine in PSO2?

Sacrificial
Jan 17, 2014, 05:42 PM
i think katana is faster for short distances and it looks muuuch cooler then doing yoga moves for that distance covered.

30pp doesnt make it good in the long run imo.

TaigaUC
Jan 17, 2014, 07:10 PM
I guess Asagiri Rendan is useful for if you have Katana Combat or Katana Gear activated and don't want to switch weapons.

Sanguine2009
Jan 17, 2014, 08:30 PM
its also useful for people that are decent human beings and dont want to lag partys

btw-Niji
Jan 17, 2014, 08:41 PM
its also useful for people that are decent human beings and dont want to lag partys
The only people "lagging" parties are those who dash with crap like Nishiki, Kamui and Reaping. Those who know better will refrain from using such glitched weapons thus not causing any bother to others.

Inb4 post from Arksenth going on about how he uses Nishiki just to annoy others.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 17, 2014, 08:57 PM
the glories of TAing with the same lagless party

musicmf
Jan 17, 2014, 10:46 PM
The only people "lagging" parties are those who dash with crap like Nishiki, Kamui and Reaping. Those who know better will refrain from using such glitched weapons thus not causing any bother to others.
Are any of the 7/8/9* Twin Daggers lagless?
Or is the 1~6* the only choice if you don't want to annoy other players.

Edit:
Actually, do all 3 Dagger Camos not cause lag on switching?

btw-Niji
Jan 17, 2014, 11:05 PM
Are any of the 7/8/9* Twin Daggers lagless?
Or is the 1~6* the only choice if you don't want to annoy other players.

Edit:
Actually, do all 3 Dagger Camos not cause lag on switching?
Zain is most used and preferred, but Maple is fine also. I have a friend who uses Maple Branch and I never felt anything.

That black and white dagger camo causes fps drops very similar to Nishiki... meaning it's very bad and should be avoided at all costs... shame too, it's nice looking.

can't really say anything about the 7, 8, 9* daggers, but there's quite a few there that suck.

But for 10*, these daggers are fine for dashing (and doing damage with) as Fighter:
Optreion*
Lava Seeker*
Mizer Ripper (? never owned it though)
Calvenix (The tundra rare stone dagger)

*I personally use these.

Allclass purposes:
Nightmare Blood
Nishiki/Reaping camo'd with Zain or Maple

1~6* daggers should be fine, but I never personally tested any of them.

Kamekur
Jan 18, 2014, 12:45 AM
Mizer ripper lag. Clavelnix *can* lag. Asagiri travels further away than assbust, but not faster; and, as Sako said, Asbusst, unlike Asagiri, can actually attack. However, Asagiri is just a bit behind than daggers/partizan, so it's great to keep gear up in places like Nab 2/travel with katana combat on in TD.