PDA

View Full Version : Error 816 help?

premorbidly
Jan 19, 2014, 03:51 AM
Not exactly how I wanted to make my first post here, but I need help with error 816 and I don't know where else to go.

I know 816's a ban message and I got this email an hour or so before attempting to log in and check on my account. I also tried to reset my password a few times before logging in, but couldn't log in to either Sega's website or through PSO2.

Copy/paste of Japanese email:
[SPOILER-BOX]■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

SEGA ID INFO 2014/1/19

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□
※このメールは株式会社セガ 「SEGA ID」運営チームより発行しております。

平素は株式会社セガのオンラインサービスをご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとう
ございます。

このたび、お客様のSEGA IDに関して調査を行いましたところ、
不審な接続が確認されたため、お客様のSEGA ID・パスワードが不正に利用される
可能性を考慮して、アカウントを一時的に停止させていただきました。

現在ご利用のSEGA IDではオンラインサービスにログインすることができなくなっております。
お客様にはご不便をおかけして申し訳ございませんが、大切な情報を不正利用から
防ぐための措置となりますので、ご理解くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

ご利用の再開に関しましては、SEGA IDサポートのお問い合わせ窓口にて
お手続きを行わせていただきます。

お手数ではございますが、下記窓口までお問い合わせくださいますよう、
お願いいたします。

【お問い合わせ窓口】
https://gw.sega.jp/gw/support/inquiry/input.html?gi=sega

※既にお問い合わせメールをお送りいただいている方につきましては、
 ご連絡の必要はございません。

再開のお手続きにおいては、連絡のメールアドレスが第三者に不正利用
されている可能性があるため、新規メールアドレスに変更していただく
ことがございます。

また、手続き完了時点においては、SEGA IDのパスワードをリセットし、
その後、お客様ご自身でパスワードを変更していただくことになります。

※パスワードには、過去に利用したもの、登録メールアドレスや
 他サービスと共通のものは絶対に使用されないようにお願いいたします。

■SEGA IDとパスワード等の管理に関するご注意(再掲載)
https://gw.sega.jp/gw/news/index.html?category=2&id=99

※直接こちらのメールアドレスへご返信をいただきましても、
 ご案内はいたしかねます。あらかじめご了承ください。
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Google translation:
[SPOILER-BOX]■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

SEGA ID INFO 2014/1/19

■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □
※ I issued from SEGA " SEGA ID " management team this email .

Thank for your interest in online services of SEGA , thank you indeed patronage
There .

Where this time , we conducted a survey for SEGA ID of customers ,
For suspicious connection is confirmed , SEGA ID · Your password being illegally used.
In view of the possibility , we have temporarily suspended the account .

We are no longer able to log in to the online service in SEGA ID of the currently available in the marketplace.
Sorry for any inconvenience to customers , but from unauthorized use of the important information
It will be measures to prevent , thank you for your understanding .

I relate to the resumption of the use, and in Inquiries SEGA ID support
I will perform your procedure .

Trouble .. is , as you please contact us at the following window ,
I need your help .

[ Contact Us ]
https://gw.sega.jp/gw/support/inquiry/input.html?gi=sega

※ person concerning you have sent us an inquiry e-mail already ,
Need to contact us is not.

In the procedure of your resume , e-mail address of contact. Unauthorized use by a third party
Because there may have been , if it can be changed to new email
There is the thing .

In addition, in the proceedings at the time of completion , reset the password of SEGA ID,
You will then be asked to change the password on your own .

※ The password , which was used in the past , Ya registered e-mail address
Please give me something in common with other services so as not to be used absolutely .

■ Notes on the management of passwords , and the like SEGA ID ( re- post)
https://gw.sega.jp/gw/news/index.html?category=2&id=99

※ even if I have a reply to your e-mail address of this place directly ,
I can not guide you . Please be forewarned.[/SPOILER-BOX]

The email translation says "temporary suspension" but 816 is completely a ban as far as I know, so I don't understand what's going on.

The only thing I can think of that would count as potential "suspicious activity" is logging in from another computer, which I've done before semi-frequently (most recent is yesterday).

Yesterday my friends and I also purchased a bulk order of Webmoney from play-asia to buy AC and split it among us (about $200+ USD of AC between 5 people) and we all received the same email and ban notices within minutes of each other. We'd all individually bought Webmoney AC with no problems before today/yesterday, but never split it between us.

I really don't know where to start with attempting to lift my/our bans, other than going through the inquiry link in the email. I don't know how to explain my situation through Sega's inquiry system to try and get our accounts back in the first place.

I'd REALLY rather not remake my account because I've got significant time and money investment into it, but... :-?

Alenoir
Jan 19, 2014, 04:43 AM
Notification says that suspicious activity have been found on your ID/password and they temporary suspended your account until you contact them via support (link provided in email).

My guess is that all 5 accounts used the same webmoney code, instead of getting a wallet and splitting up the codes to 5 different ones? But yeah, that could have triggered SEGA's alert and suspended everyone involved.

premorbidly
Jan 19, 2014, 04:47 AM
Notification says that suspicious activity have been found on your ID/password and they temporary suspended your account until you contact them via support (link provided in email).

My guess is that all 5 accounts used the same webmoney code, instead of getting a wallet and splitting up the codes to 5 different ones? But yeah, that could have triggered SEGA's alert and suspended everyone involved.

Yeah, that's what we did because we weren't sure how to do it since it was our first group order. One friend bought it all and we just used the same code for all of us.

We've been looking at the ban inquiry but we're not sure what to do with it/how to word inquiries that won't make things worse for everybody, if that's even possible. :/