PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2?

Ericridge
Jan 19, 2014, 05:30 PM
So you see I heard that PSO2 is coming out.

I had a nerdgasm, threw out my old toaster that was being used to play wow.
Canceled sub, bought new PC.

Was in 2012/2013.

Waited, waited, and waited then I got bored and started to try out Oblivion/skyrim/fallout 3/new vegas.

It was fun playing those games, beat them all by now.

And still is waiting, then I started to wonder on what's the hell is up with Sega and i decided to read up on internets.

Then I learned about Horrible track record Sega had with the west.

I regret reading anything about Sega on the internet because they're not a good company to me anymore. I became sad from their assholery from the news.

Then its now 2014.

I'm ready to give up on pso2.

It sucks. Oh well at least I have pso and PSU.

Never played online for them although I was ready to start online play for PSO2 just to see how fun it is compared to offline.

Although I thought about registering on the jp servers but as I read, English speakers have like almost no rights to fix any bans if you get ban, u gone even when its a fake ban from japanese players.

And support system apparently only accepts glorious nipponland language.

So I feel queasy in my stomach about their treatment towards english players on JP servers and decide to stay away from SEGA for the rest of my life I guess. I won't even register on their USA Sega website now.

After all, they was "shocked" that people translated the game already.

The Walrus
Jan 19, 2014, 05:34 PM
That's nice.

JP PSO2 isn't meant for foreigners obviously, not that they really mind us being there.

Arksenth
Jan 19, 2014, 05:38 PM
I have never even heard of a single English player who got banned just for being English unless they were violating some other kind of rule as well. Not even the ones who flagrantly speak English rudely in public and in Japanese parties/MPA.

drama moar pls

Ericridge
Jan 19, 2014, 05:40 PM
I have never even heard of a single English player who got banned just for being English unless they were violating some other kind of rule as well. Not even the ones who flagrantly speak English rudely in public and in Japanese parties/MPA.

drama moar pls

hmm ok good to know.

Thinking about it now.

Arksenth
Jan 19, 2014, 05:43 PM
No, not really. If you think that the support system for a Japanese game only accepting Japanese comments is a bug, I feel that you're going to be completely disappointed with this game given the sheer amount of entitlement that you exhibit. You're going to have to encounter and work with the language eventually anyway, and if you can't deal with that, don't play the game.

<_< Honestly amused at all of the entitled English players who always barge into PSO2 whining "BUT WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE IN ENGLISH."

gigawuts
Jan 19, 2014, 05:43 PM
Most of us have been in PSO2 since its pre-launch beta test. Some have been banned, yes, but usually for excessive wickedry, RMT, that sort of thing.

Zorafim
Jan 19, 2014, 05:53 PM
Everything is in english, though. The english patch is pretty perfected by now. The only downside is that I tend to spend more time updating that patch than playing the game now.
Ship 2 tends to be mostly in english, meaning I rarely bump into a japanese speaker there. So if you're interested in joining, that's likely where you'd have the most fun. There are other english players in other ships, but I don't have much information on them.

Check out the questions thread if you have anything specific to ask. I hope to see you around more.

Shinureal
Jan 19, 2014, 06:05 PM
Ship 10 is full of English speaking dudes, well not as full as 2, but enough for me :D
And if you are a PSO fan, then don't miss the opportunity just because of Sega's ass-sholity :), there's a lot of nice players who'll help you have fun.

Ericridge
Jan 19, 2014, 07:03 PM
No, not really. If you think that the support system for a Japanese game only accepting Japanese comments is a bug, I feel that you're going to be completely disappointed with this game given the sheer amount of entitlement that you exhibit. You're going to have to encounter and work with the language eventually anyway, and if you can't deal with that, don't play the game.

<_< Honestly amused at all of the entitled English players who always barge into PSO2 whining "BUT WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE IN ENGLISH."

I didn't know being exclusively an offline player and being surprised at sega not releasing PSO2 after being patient for maybe 2 years is entitlement.

And making sure that I won't get randomly banned for lols is true is also entitlement.

And better yet, I didn't know looking forward to pso2 and being eager to play it in english language is entitlement.

Because I don't want to play until i'm like level 50 then I get random ban because lols is entitlement?

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 19, 2014, 07:08 PM
I didn't know being exclusively an offline player and being surprised at sega not releasing PSO2 after being patient for maybe 2 years is entitlement.

And making sure that I won't get randomly banned for lols is true is also entitlement.

And better yet, I didn't know looking forward to pso2 and being eager to play it in english language is entitlement.

Because I don't want to play until i'm like level 50 then I get random ban because lols is entitlement?

you aren't going to get the banned hammer unless you actually go out of your way to really annoy the wrong people

WildarmsRE5
Jan 19, 2014, 07:18 PM
you aren't going to get the banned hammer unless you actually go out of your way to really annoy the wrong peoplemaking it your fault for getting yourself banned :wacko:

Shinamori
Jan 19, 2014, 07:48 PM
Yep. You have to do something stupid to get you banned. Even if you're being annoying with your all-chat autowords, you likely won't get banned as the JP will just leave the MPA.

pkemr4
Jan 19, 2014, 07:58 PM
well with hackers slowly rising up... i wonder how long before sega does something.

The Walrus
Jan 19, 2014, 08:01 PM
I highly doubt they'd ban foreign players outright.

Except China cause China.

UnLucky
Jan 19, 2014, 08:25 PM
Well you wouldn't be making this thread if you weren't considering playing on the JP server.

It's not perfect, of course, but neither would an NA/EU release, so hedge your bets I guess.