PDA

View Full Version : Br/Ra weak hit advance or killing bonus

Nidramag
Jan 21, 2014, 04:03 PM
I'm a bow braver subbing ranger. I can do some incredible damage with the combined weak stance, weak bullet, and weak hit increases.

I was wondering, while building my subclass, If I should work through standing snipe to work on killing bonus, or just go right into weak hit advance.

How nice is killing bonus? What's the 'vicinity' you have to be in to get the PP bonus?

Thanks

Rakurai
Jan 21, 2014, 04:10 PM
Killing Bonus has a very small trigger radius, meaning you generally won't be triggering it unless you're using Kamikaze Arrow.

Otherwise, it's a good skill.

Zorafim
Jan 21, 2014, 04:15 PM
Killing bonus was lame, last I checked. Melee range, and the PP wasn't too good either. Weak Hit Advance is what all the cool kids get.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 21, 2014, 04:17 PM
subbing or maining ranger you should get both

Nidramag
Jan 21, 2014, 04:20 PM
weak hit advance it is, thanks!

UnLucky
Jan 21, 2014, 04:24 PM
What's your skill tree so far, what level is your Ranger, and how is this even a choice to begin with?

Shadowth117
Jan 21, 2014, 04:34 PM
how is this even a choice to begin with?
Fixed.

Sacrificial
Jan 21, 2014, 04:39 PM
Get both, these two are like the mainstream passive skills for ranger. What is your ra level?

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 05:30 PM
Get both, these two are like the mainstream passive skills for ranger. What is your ra level?

Agreed. Just get both. 1. It'll be helpful if ever decide to do RaHu and 2. Im sure there is gonna something close killed, even if it one thing. 3. Where else are you gonna put the SP at? Tool Mastery? Launchers skills?

You prolly aint gonna use launchers or have enough sp to do down and get the RA pp skills after maxing both Weak hit advances and standing snipe. Dont focus much on WB. 5 sp in wb is just fine because, if you ask me, putting 5 sp into Weak Hit Blast Bonus, so that you can gain your PB(hopefully it is Keto Proi, the PP regen PB) and help others regain their PP faster in a PSE Burst, especially those FOs, is ALOT more important than having an extra WB.

AlaskanKactus
Jan 21, 2014, 05:33 PM
I would highly recommend both if you're using close range bow PAs like Tritt Shooter or Kamikaze Arrow. It also comes in handy when you use your katana against a mob cluster.

GALEFORCE
Jan 21, 2014, 06:13 PM
Well, br/ra does not do tritt shooter or KA too well.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?065nbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009bJdJ2ielkcibn0000lb000009b000000lb 0000000IOIo4N6JIHnHQbn0000

This is what I'd do for br/ra. First hit could be handy for Penetrate Arrow one-shots. Nothing else is worth losing out on killing bonus for.

I should also note that KB is very good for Thrillersplode use. It'll proc more often than not since it's such a close range PA, and if you get multiple enemies you may even gain PP out of it.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 21, 2014, 07:18 PM
you should get Weak Bullet to lvl 6 (alternative) to get atleast 3 shots, cause lvl 5 only gives 2.

also, this issue about Killing Bonus was lame again. . . I'll only say this once. . . being a Gu/Ra. . .

I'VE NEVER RAN OUT OF PP DURING PSE BURSTS.

sure, it doesn't quite work the same as Br/Ra, but it's still a handy skill to have.

Macman
Jan 21, 2014, 07:22 PM
The fun part about Killing Bonus is running into a mob spamming Diffuse Shell and never running out of PP. <3

Sacrificial
Jan 21, 2014, 07:41 PM
Note: When i go Br/Ra I also take this:

Think about getting a 4 Vribras set, 120 ratk and 6 pp bonus with the bow and it also works with the launcher(that launchers shells are so big you''ll have a hard time NOT to hit the weakspot on mobs) should you get bored with the bow or something.

(please no hate reply's on this for omfghesaidtouselauncher, because that doesn't add anything to this thread. thank you)

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 08:02 PM
you should get Weak Bullet to lvl 6 (alternative) to get atleast 3 shots, cause lvl 5 only gives 2.

also, this issue about Killing Bonus was lame again. . . I'll only say this once. . . being a Gu/Ra. . .

I'VE NEVER RAN OUT OF PP DURING PSE BURSTS.

sure, it doesn't quite work the same as Br/Ra, but it's still a handy skill to have.

oh ya lvl 6 is 3 wbs. I stand corrected.

You might not have had a pp problem but some people do. It just best you prevent the situation and just get Killing Bonus. Like I said earlier, WHERE THE HELL ELSE ARE YOU GONNA PUT THE REST OF THE SP?

WildarmsRE5
Jan 21, 2014, 09:03 PM
oh ya lvl 6 is 3 wbs. I stand corrected.

You might not have had a pp problem but some people do. It just best you prevent the situation and just get Killing Bonus. Like I said earlier, WHERE THE HELL ELSE ARE YOU GONNA PUT THE REST OF THE SP?._.

I'm Implying that I use Killing Bonus ._.

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 09:05 PM
._.

I'm Implying that I use Killing Bonus ._.

Didnt sound like. The word "lame" sounds like you were saying that it was bad. Pleaes choose better words next time.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 21, 2014, 09:20 PM
because someone said Killing Bonus was lame ._.

and got offended

Coatl
Jan 21, 2014, 10:19 PM
Killing bonus was lame, last I checked. Melee range, and the PP wasn't too good either. Weak Hit Advance is what all the cool kids get.

Well, RA is a pretty close-ranged type of class really. I mean for a class named Ranger it sure has a lot less range than say, well, every other class with some of its PAs. Cluster bullet is mid-range, divine long range, diffuse shell is short range, etc. Impact slider makes you hug enemies practically..yeah.