PDA

View Full Version : what are your guys opinion on this or am i missing info?

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 04:37 PM
Hey guys, havent played pso2 since 2012 when cap was 45 with f.continent as latest area. Just got back into it, loving it so far. But unless im missing a lot of info or don't quite understand everything quite yet which im certain is the case...i just need some advice or opinions on some things i'd like to discuss.

First off, i feel like the recycle shop is a neat idea, but i feel like they messed up...who saves up x8 ac scratch to recycle? Wouldnt it of made more sense to make 7-12 star weapons and units recyclable instead? The rares on the market are completely flooded these days and only sell for 1000-5000 meseta obviously with common rares for the most part, but even back then rares werent that low in price. If they made the recycle shop take these rares instead, i think the market wouldnt be so flooded and prices would increase to a decent amount once again for the fact that people could buy out all the 1000-5000meseta rares and recycle which would make people increase their prices and balance things out a bit better. I feel like theres hardly any use to the majority of rares i get these days due to the mass influx and find myself clueless what to do with them. Market sales are low and npc sales are low..seems kinda moot to me, or am i missing info?

Also AC seems to still not go far enough, 5000 AC is pretty pricey, and i feel like it doesnt go too far at all. Meseta seems harder to get than ever unless u dish out on ac gold scratch, premium still doesnt have rare drop /meseta/exp boosts to it, it feels like premiums dont really get what they pay for compared to other mmo's.

The grinding and adding of abilities still bother me. Trying to add on an ability to a 10star costs like 46k meseta. My jaw dropped...either im supposed to farm like a mad man to get anywhere in this game or they really want people to buy ac for gold scratch to make any decent amount of meseta...i feel grinding and abilities shouldnt cost anything, buying weapons with ability and getting grinders and such is work enough...why cost as well? Just to fail most of the time.

I love PSO2 dont get me wrong, and i love loot and randomated aspects to games...but i feel they went overboard with all the randomated chances and stuff in this game. Like paying real money to get a random ac ticket...you pay real money to get what u want is how id like it...obviously refined though to the point where it doesnt end up pay to win...but i just feel too many aspects of the game are up to chance when i feel like some shouldnt be.

Opinions? Im not acting out here btw, im honestly looking for good advice and information or ideas and discussion that can enlighten me.

Sanguine2009
Jan 21, 2014, 04:55 PM
if you dont have a shop run TA client orders(often shorted to tacos) thats a easy 1m a day if you do all of them or a bit more than 500k if ya do just the vh ones

UnLucky
Jan 21, 2014, 04:58 PM
Well you buy the AC scratch items for the recycle shop. It's why there's a price floor around 100k.

As for rares, you can now dismantle them for materials, but since there's such a huge supply of them, common materials are 1k in the shops (and don't even sell for that much). To get anything worthwhile from dismantling rares, you have to rely on a random chance at "great success."

PA disc materials, especially techs, have more value to them at the moment.

Premium players can pay 7k meseta for a special drink that always gives a Large Up effect and 100% rare drop. It of course expires after 30m or at the end of a quest, just like any other drink. Recently they've changed it so drinks don't expire until you go back to the campship, so you can now get the rare drop bonus on boss crystals.

Meseta sinks are necessary to prevent inflation, and grinding/affixing are a large part of that. If you want to generate more currency, then you can complete Time Attack Client Orders daily. You can get up to 600k per character per day by going through each quest once on SH. Well technically you only need to do one of them on SH, the rest can be on VH.

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 04:59 PM
what if everything was free, and cherries came in threes?

Arksenth
Jan 21, 2014, 05:00 PM
Meseta is SO easy to get in this game even if you're a purely free player that you should be re-evaluating your life if you think things are expensive in this game at all. You can buy all AC scratch items with meseta anyway, so it's not like the randomness of AC scratch or the number of items for recycle shop is a big deal.

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 05:03 PM
Meseta is SO easy to get in this game even if you're a purely free player that you should be re-evaluating your life if you think things are expensive in this game at all. You can buy all AC scratch items with meseta anyway, so it's not like the randomness of AC scratch or the number of items for recycle shop is a big deal.

I highly reccommend against this. Playing the waiting game for cutesy stuff to get OP expensive is dumb. Just do your 4 VH, and 1 SH TAs along with your H TAs daily and you'll have alot of money in no time. Only problem with TAs is getting a party unless you like partying with randoms.

I do not play DRESS UP ONLINE 2 nor do I resell expensive accessories and managed to save up 14-15 million in a month easy.

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 05:10 PM
Also, you dont need 10* anymore to be good in this game anymore. You can craft a 6* wep and grind/affix/50 element it for near cheap. Then use it till you've saved up enough funds to do the same for a 10*.

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 05:35 PM
if you dont have a shop run TA client orders(often shorted to tacos) thats a easy 1m a day if you do all of them or a bit more than 500k if ya do just the vh ones

Whoa wtf really!? Haha wow i am out to lunch. Thats actually decent as heck.

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 05:36 PM

Whoa wtf really!? Haha wow i am out to lunch. Thats actually decent as heck.

Be prepared to sit through 3 hours of TAs :/

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 05:40 PM
I highly reccommend against this. Playing the waiting game for cutesy stuff to get OP expensive is dumb. Just do your 4 VH, and 1 SH TAs along with your H TAs daily and you'll have alot of money in no time. Only problem with TAs is getting a party unless you like partying with randoms.

I do not play DRESS UP ONLINE 2 nor do I resell expensive accessories and managed to save up 14-15 million in a month easy.

I play with 3 friends daily and have a couple daily onliners that i could recruit so i dont think it'll be a problem. Your help and advice has been so educational thus far, thanks so much. As a noob to all this new stuff, besides tacos..what does it actually stand for? And where do i find these npcs. Sorru for the spoonfeeding, im just kinda at work and dont have muchspare time :x

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 05:43 PM
Well you buy the AC scratch items for the recycle shop. It's why there's a price floor around 100k.

As for rares, you can now dismantle them for materials, but since there's such a huge supply of them, common materials are 1k in the shops (and don't even sell for that much). To get anything worthwhile from dismantling rares, you have to rely on a random chance at "great success."

PA disc materials, especially techs, have more value to them at the moment.

Premium players can pay 7k meseta for a special drink that always gives a Large Up effect and 100% rare drop. It of course expires after 30m or at the end of a quest, just like any other drink. Recently they've changed it so drinks don't expire until you go back to the campship, so you can now get the rare drop bonus on boss crystals.

Meseta sinks are necessary to prevent inflation, and grinding/affixing are a large part of that. If you want to generate more currency, then you can complete Time Attack Client Orders daily. You can get up to 600k per character per day by going through each quest once on SH. Well technically you only need to do one of them on SH, the rest can be on VH.

Did not knowni could dismantle rares. Thats great to hear!
And thanks for the rest of the info, most i knew already but nonetheless refreshing and assurig to hear, thanks!

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 05:44 PM

Dam...re-evaluate my life....thats harsh lol. Over a game. Man i must be deep in this game.

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 05:46 PM
Also, you dont need 10* anymore to be good in this game anymore. You can craft a 6* wep and grind/affix/50 element it for near cheap. Then use it till you've saved up enough funds to do the same for a 10*.

I did some hard thinking today and already came to this conclusion haha, its good to be reassured im making the right decision though, thanks!

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 05:46 PM
I play with 3 friends daily and have a couple daily onliners that i could recruit so i dont think it'll be a problem. Your help and advice has been so educational thus far, thanks so much. As a noob to all this new stuff, besides tacos..what does it actually stand for? And where do i find these npcs. Sorru for the spoonfeeding, im just kinda at work and dont have muchspare time :x

TACOs = Time Attack Client Orders.

Since you're, Imma just say it lol, a TA virgin? there should be guide on psow or some videos on youtube you can look up if you help on doing em. You can find Klotho, the NPC that issue the Time Attack Client Orders on the 2nd floor on the Gate area in the Lobby. Hes wearing red, cant miss him.

Please do TAs in this order tho: Nab I, Lilipa, Nab2, Amduscia, Sanctum. Its been awhile but I think thats the order that consecutively unlocks the next TA til you get the Sanctum TA which is the last one atm. I might be wrong. ;-)

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 05:49 PM
TACOs = Time Attack Client Orders.

Since you're, Imma just say it lol, a TA virgin? there should be guide on psow or some videos on youtube you can look up if you help on doing em. You can find Klotho, the NPC that issue the Time Attack Client Orders on the 2nd floor on the Gate area in the Lobby. Hes wearing red, cant miss him.

Please do TAs in this order tho: Nab I, Lilipa, Nab2, Amduscia, Sanctum. Its been awhile but I think thats the order that consecutively unlocks the next TA til you get the Sanctum TA which is the last one atm. I might be wrong. ;-)

Oh that mofo klotho!? Ive already almost done all his CO's ARE THEY REPEATABLE AFTER A COUPLE DAYS!?!? if so...how the F did i miss this!!!

And again, thanks for your patience and kindness in helping me out :)

Emp
Jan 21, 2014, 05:56 PM
Oh that mofo klotho!? Ive already almost done all his CO's ARE THEY REPEATABLE AFTER A COUPLE DAYS!?!? if so...how the F did i miss this!!!

And again, thanks for your patience and kindness in helping me out :)

np, i got nothing else better to do. ^^;

And yes they are repeatable. TACOs are repeatable every 22 hours. So if you finish and turn them in to Klotho at 6 am in the morning, which I usually do, they will be repeatable again at 4 am. They usually only take 45 min with 4 person party. But I sometimes solo, which usually take an hour and 15 min.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 21, 2014, 07:03 PM
actually the Order is Nab 1, Lilipa, Amduscia, Nab 2, Sanctum. . .

but that is all irrelevant now though.

GrieverXVII
Jan 21, 2014, 09:34 PM
Dam...i cant believe i missed the fact its repeatable...no wonder ive been feelig behind the 8ball, im like...how has the economy meseta standards raised this much!? Now i see lol. Thanks a lot guys!

Coatl
Jan 21, 2014, 10:03 PM
Since you're, Imma just say it lol, a TA virgin? there should be guide on psow or some

They changed it so that you need to unlock the area corresponding to the TA to unlock the client order.

So for sanctum Time attack client order, you need to have unlocked sanctum.

GrieverXVII
Jan 22, 2014, 12:08 AM
They changed it so that you need to unlock the area corresponding to the TA to unlock the client order.

So for sanctum Time attack client order, you need to have unlocked sanctum.

I have all of them unlocked. I just didn't know they were repeatable lol :P

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2014, 12:14 AM
The inflation was even worse when you could MPA farm vendor trash all day for millions.